Fred's Not Here
321 King Street West
Toronto, ON M5V 1J5Neighborhood:
Downtown / Entertainment District
SteakhousePrice: CAN$30 and under
Fred's Not Here
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fredsnothere.com/
- Phone: 4169719155
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM.
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Sunday: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Huy Truong
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining
A word from Fred's Not Here
Casual Bistro located in the heart of Entertainment District specialize in wood grilled steaks & lobster. Certified Angus, USDA Prime and Ontario Dry Aged Beef grilled over Canada"s first commercial indoor hickory & oak fired pellet char-broilerContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fred's Not Here reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (31)good for groups (30)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (24)special occasion (22)romantic (15)hot spot (13)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great for the theatre-goerNicolaDined on 5/9/2014Fantastic service. Prompt, attentive and thoughtful. Appetizers were spot-on. Ceasar salad and lobster/crab soup were delicious. Mains were good however the 10 oz steak was siting on a plate with large pupils of oil (from the veg?). Offer made by server to take and replace was declined by diner. Tasted great. Frites were crispy and hot. All in all a good dining experience.Special Features:
- Company LuncheonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014We were in Toronto for a convention and had made reservations online which was great and convenient- the reservation was confirmed promptly and the lunch went great - food was good - service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theatre mealFood4thoughtDined on 5/3/2014Freds Not Here is always consistent with delicious food ... Nice presentation, knowledgable waiter, and great selection of food choices. They have a great fixed price menu with appetizer and main with something for everyone. They are known for their steaks, but fish is a great meal too. Make sure to try the lobster/crab soup - its pretty special and great tasting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good pre Show dinnerFoodwestDined on 4/26/2014AN excellent location for a pre show dinner. The food was very good and service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutToinetteDined on 4/4/2014The food was amazing. I have been to this restaurant a few times, but I always make sure I have something different on the menu every time. I even had dessert (which is unusual) - normally too full to have dessert, but this time was different..Great service, yummy food (very delicious and the temperature was perfect) and great location. Definitely will keep coming back.Special Features:
- Just an Average SteakhouseHappyhrqueenVIPDined on 3/22/2014The name caught my eye as well as the location. I felt the steaks were that of an average steak house. Nothing was amazing or exceptional in my view. Even the wine list did not strike me as appealing.
- Good for quick meal priorJC01Dined on 3/20/2014Good for quick meal prior to theatre or symphony - simple, reasonable food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with ColleaguesZekeDined on 3/3/2014Several colleagues and I had dinner at Fred's Not Here one night during a conference. All aspects of our dinner were exceptional. Our server was very polite and attentive. Our food was delicious, we all had steak which was tender and flavourful, and there was enough space for the six of us to feel comfortable at the table. The noise level was low enough that we could easy speak across and down the table to everyone. I would recommend you make reservations for Fred's Not Here if you plan on having a larger party since space can be limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Experience!KarsDined on 3/1/2014I used to be in the restaurant business and am extra critical of service and food. The service was incredible. Best I've had ever in Toronto. No exaggeration. The food was outstanding. Everything was above spectacular. It was hard to leave!Special Features:
- Saturday night outAllitalianDined on 2/22/2014Service was very good but food was just fair. Duck was on verge of burnt. Sole was too salty.
- Amazing SoupOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/13/2014We visited Fred's Not Here during Winterlicious. We ordered the lobster and crab soup. It was one of the tastiest soups I have had. I like the flavour along with the pastry covering the soup. Steak was great along with dessert which was similar to a chocolate molten lava cake with ice cream. It was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!GPalDined on 2/13/2014Went for the Winterlicious with a group and thoroughly the meal. We all ordered different items and all gve their choices a thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fred was there !!!AquifoodDined on 2/12/2014Or at least someone who did a great job in the kitchen. Excellent and interesting, prefectly plated deliciious food. Portions generous enough to allow some take away. Our server was exceptional. Positive, friendly, and efficient. Particularly great for couples or friends who enjoy food together !Special Features:
- Lobster BisqueRandyDined on 2/11/2014I always come back for the lobster bisque, this is almost a meal in itself. We came for winterlicious and feel the value for the meal spot on.Special Features:
- Great Winterlicious menuMayLDined on 2/10/2014Great $35 Winterlicious dinner menu! I went there with friends and we received very good service.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2014The restaurant had a vintage touch to it which I loved, and the food was top notch. Definitely a must go to anyone looking for a wonderful dinner!Special Features:
- unbelievable value!evasmileVIPDined on 2/7/2014I was lucky to book a table on Friday night for winterlicious. The menu is excellent. And the portion of wine is generous. The desserts could be better, but worth the price after all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedsistajDined on 2/7/2014Everything at Fred's Not Here is always excellent; the food, the service, the creativity with dishes... Very good.Special Features:
- We were a group of 4 peopleYummyDined on 2/6/2014We were a group of 4 people that went to enjoy Winterlicious. We had a fantastic evening. The food was great. Definitely will be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodnanoNiteDined on 2/5/2014My experience here for winterlicious was great. I have already recommended friends to try this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All in all, great restaurant!WinterliciousDinerDined on 2/2/2014The lobster and crab bisque was delicious although this year the puff pastry on top was collapsing (not only on mine but on other diners' too) and a long hair was found in the soup at our table. The steak was done to perfection. Good-sized portions. Excellent vegetarian dishes too. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannot go wrong with this placehoneykittyDined on 2/1/2014I have been there 4 times. Twice for winterlicous. The $20 lunch is a great price. You must try their famous crab and lobster soup! It is their best appetizer. Their steak awesome too, great value and cooked exactly as you asked for. Very good service. I've also been their with big groups of friends for dinner and birthday party. Recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Freds Not Here is fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2014I have gone to Freds Not here many times and I have never had a single bad experience. The service is great! The food couldn't be better! It is a true gem.Special Features:
- As expectedwinterliciousluncherDined on 1/31/2014went for Winterlicious lunch... they do a great job of describing their dishes on the menu - wonderful use of adjectives and the descriptors made me hungry just reading. The food itself was a lot less "fine dining" than the menu descriptions would suggest... perhaps it was because it was a fixed price menu, but I wouldn't return for their regular menu (and regular prices!) for the quality of food they offered. The service however was wonderful, and the waiter was timely and friendly.
- ExcellentLuv2eatDined on 1/30/2014Great food and great ambience. The services was friendly and made some good recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok with a packagepolarteachDined on 1/25/2014because of Mirvish we tried this place. Not worth it if not included with the package a few wines on the list were not avaliable food was just ok There was nothing bad to say about this restaurantSpecial Features:
- MediocreFoodieVIPDined on 1/18/2014Freds has been here a long time so it can definitely be called a neighborhood staple. However we felt its getting a little dated. Food was mediocre, my husbands steak was half fat. The scallops were ok but the asparagus was raw (which is edible but not what I was expecting with this cooked meal). Service was slow, the restaurant was busy but it is a very small restaurant. We opted out of dessert for all the above reasons. Will probably not give it another chance since there are many other choices on restaurant row.Special Features:
- Too quiet and boringOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2014I dined here with my girlfriend on a Friday night. The food was about 3/5 stars and the atmosphere was 2/5 stars. No music was playing... Very boring but the food wasn't too bad. Hard to have a conversation because nobody wanted to talk loud so without music it made it a bit awkward. Weird vibe though. I don't think we would go back but maybe down the road if we feel like a steak.Special Features:
- Consistent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/16/2014I've come here often enough to know what to expect and am rarely disappointed. Thanks again for a great lunch outing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fred wasn't there!JustinDined on 1/4/2014Great food and service. A good place to try if you're in the entertainment district. Good restaurant if you are going to see a musical, it's close to the theatres and the service is fairly quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Choice for Theatre GoersDadandDaughterDined on 12/18/2013My daughter and I booked Fred's Not Here for dinner prior to our Les Miz show. We started with a great fresh bread basket selection. Both our entrees were very tasty, with fresh ingredients made with care and presented with pride. I did get to enjoy a bit of my daughter's Seafood Paella, which certainly was competitive with our experiences a few years ago in Barcelona. I enjoyed a nice grilled Salmon Filet. We had given our server the courtesy of letting her know we were attending a show, so her good service was mindful of the time, which was appreciated as we enjoyed our meal and had an appropriate amount of time to get to our show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still good after all these yearsTODinerVIPDined on 12/13/2013I hadn't been here in 15 years and went with a party of 9. Service was fabulous, attentive but not intrusive and the dishes came out quickly and together. Food was solid....great steak and seafood. Still a good spot after all these years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Show DinnerHillierDined on 12/13/2013We were a group of ten who meet for dinner prior to going to an evening show. In spite of the fact that several members of our group were late in showing up, we were well attended to ensure that we did not feel rushed and yet got through dinner from starters to dessert. Our waiter was attentive and offered menu suggestions that would be lower preparation times or advised us that a particular choice required X amount of cooking time. Our food was great, the environment was festive and friendly and we were made to feel that we were valued as a customer. Would highly recommend this established.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food/Service So-SoGeoffVIPDined on 12/10/2013I always forget why the restaurants in the Theatre District exist..To kill time before the show. The service was ok but inattentive. After the first "how's the food" check-in, we didn't see our server again until bill time. Caprese Salad and Rib-Eye steak don't take high culinary skill, just quality ingredients. Alas, the salad was "non-traditional" with an odd mix of over-ripe wedged and grape tomatoes, drowning in a thick EVOO and green gunk sauce. eaving 2/3rds of it uneaten failed to illicit a reaction from our server. The steak arrived and was also disappointing. Under seasoned, except for a very strong charcoal taste from the crusty grill marks (they clean the grill right?). Dinner wasn't cheap, so not worth the price.
- Xmas lunch menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/10/2013We were a group of 6 for Christmas lunch, and ordered from their Xmas lunch menu, 3 courses/$25. The portions were good and the dishes were very good. I had the lobster and crab soup and the vegetarian main, both were savory and beautifully prepared. Service was good, but the restaurant had only two other small groups (it was one of the coldest days in December!). All in all, a very good experience. I would return (when it's warmer!).Special Features:
- Pre theatre or afterFood4thoughtDined on 12/7/2013Great restaurant with many options of fish and meat. Food was delicious, and served hot and quickly. Well worth the money at a downtown nice restaurant....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice dining experienceJaxxVIPDined on 12/4/2013The food was very good and the service was polite, helpful and attentive. Very pleased and will return to this charming intimate dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After the TheatreDavidDined on 11/29/2013We arrived late , had great service, shared 4 fantastic appetizers and good wine and the service was impeccable despite the late hour .We arrived at 10:45pm and were there for at least 2 hours and despite the late hour we never felt rushed and the quality of service and food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedZychManDined on 11/22/2013The waiter had the personality of a dead fish! I had made a reservation on Open Table stating that it was my wife's 50th birthday celebration and then going to see Yo Yo Ma at the RTH. I expected that the restaurant would bring something small with a candle. I have never seen a waiter less then this at a table to even remind him of this occasion we were celebrating. Next time I would try a neighboring restaurant instead. The food was good with a 2 course good value menu. The food might convince me to return again but not the poor service!
- Pre theatre excellenceHombreDined on 11/12/2013Great food, excellent service reasonable price and a fantastic location.Special Features: