Il Mulino New York - Miami
17875 Collins Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33160Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
Il Mulino New York - Miami
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ilmulino.com/miami.html
- Phone: 3054669191x
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST 7:00AM - 11:00AM
LUNCH 11:30AM - 2:30PM
DINNER SUN - THU 5:30PM - 10:30PM, THU - SAT 5:30PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private dining and exquisite catering at every level.
- Private Party Facilities: Private facilities are available for up to 30 people.
- Private Party Contact: Elizabeth Giordano 3054669191x
A word from Il Mulino New York - Miami
Amid Acqualina Resort & Spa's Mediterranean beachfront property liesContinued
luxurious Italian cuisine. Enjoy Il Mulino New York's authentic flavors and flawless service in its elegant dining room.
luxurious Italian cuisine. Enjoy Il Mulino New York's authentic flavors and flawless service in its elegant dining room.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Il Mulino New York - Miami - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Il Mulino New York - Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (27)special occasion (26)fit for foodies (23)scenic view (21)notable wine list (17)great for outdoor dining (11)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (10)hot spot (9)great for brunch (6)good for groups (6)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- The best restaurant in Miami,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/9/2013The best restaurant in Miami, and one of the best restaurants in the U.S. I've been to the original in NY, as well as to Chicago and DC Il Mulinos. This was the best of the bunch. Incredible waitstaff, extraordinary food, and very indulgent of my son, who just turned four.Special Features:
- Food was not nearly as goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/4/2013Food was not nearly as good as the Las Vegas Il Mulino we visited in January. It could have been our selection but with their prices don't know if we will try again.Special Features:
- We have been here severalReikiHelpsVIPDined on 1/20/2013We have been here several times in the past for dinner and it has always been excellent. This was our first brunch. Instead of a buffet, there was a menu - 3 courses plus dessert. Again, everything was just very nice. We ate outside, overlooking pool and ocean. A perfect way to start a Sunday.Special Features:
- 50th BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2013We love coming here. They always Make you feel special and the food is always the best.Special Features:
- Kind of Dark and the musicOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/14/2013Kind of Dark and the music was very boring and did not match the atmosphereSpecial Features:
- As always a treat! ExceptionalFloridaFoodDivaVIPDined on 1/6/2013As always a treat! Exceptional dining along with outstanding service.Special Features:
- If you want fine dinning inOpentablefanVIPDined on 1/5/2013If you want fine dinning in the Bal Harbour, Sunny Isles area, this is it. You won't find anything better.Special Features:
- everyone assosiated with theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/4/2013everyone assosiated with the restaurant helped make it a magival nightSpecial Features:
- Superlative. Consistentlyluv2dineVIPDined on 12/24/2012Superlative. Consistently gracious service and excellent food no matter what we order. A beautiful setting. Wonderfully romantic. Tbe best prestigious Italian food in South Florida.Special Features:
- THE QUALITY OF THE FOOD WASGourmetSeekerVIPDined on 9/28/2012THE QUALITY OF THE FOOD WAS THE WORST I EVER HAD!!! YOU CAN NOT EVEN COMPARE IT TO THE LOWEST QUALITY CAFETERIA FOOD, TOTAL DISASTER!!!! HAVE BEEN MANY TIMES IN IL MULINO IN LAS VEGAS AND IT WAS ALWAYS SUPERB. SUNNY ISLES LOCATION IS A PURE HORROR!!!
- Lunch at Il Mulino MiamiCgpnashDined on 9/28/2012Not as intimate as the New York restaurant, but still warm and inviting. The service was very comfortable and friendly. Not Italian, as you would find in New York, but still very pleasant. When i asked the waiter when the restaurant would have truffles this season, he had to ask the chef twice, since he didn't know what they were. That would never happen in New York. Food was excellent. Arugula salad with a light dressing and shaved parmesan was great. The grilled salmon on broccoli rabe was very tasty and perfectly cooked. Desert was a almond cheesecake that was exceptional. Overall, a lovely lunch. I hope to return during truffle season. I'm confident they will do that right as well. The restaurant stamp gives you half off valet.Special Features:
- If you like pretentious, thisfussyfoodieVIPDined on 9/9/2012If you like pretentious, this is the place to go. The decor is best described as 1950's suburban steakhouse pseudo-elegance. It was creepy and depressing. I admit the wait staff is superbly trained. But dressed in tuxedos and white with VERY formalized service, my husband said he felt like he was being served by "The Munsters". The prices are $$$$$$. They HIDE the Miami Spice menu. You must ask for it. TACKY. The food was nothing special, especially at those prices. I could name several upscale Italian restaurants in Miami and Fort Lauderdale with superior cuisine. What really reveals the pretentiousness is that they serve a $14 wine by the glass in 99-cent Libbey stemware like they sell at Walmart. TACKY TACKY
- Miami SpiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2012My husband and I tried Il Mulino New York during Miami Spice and will definitely be going back! It was delicious and the service was outstanding! It's located inside the Acqualina resort.Special Features:
- Fair but not outstandingserviceseekerVIPDined on 8/20/2012Services is 5 Diamond, food is not so good, I am an expert in Fine dining I was staying at downtown miami and went up to Ventura (yes is not in Miami) to check out this place. the setting is nice but the food is just plane old american-italian food, its just like an olive garden. one pasta was outstanding (with truffle) but everything else was not, was just "ok".Special Features:
- A cool location with greatWarwickDined on 8/10/2012A cool location with great views if you sit at the window. As for the rest of the decor, its dated and tired - not your average Miami chic. But the food is cooked to perfection and the service attentive.Special Features:
- My wife and I have been hereReikiHelpsVIPDined on 8/8/2012My wife and I have been here several times and each time, everything was just perfect. I tried the Veal Marsala for the first time. It was made to perfection! A definite favorite restaurant and we think, one of the best in the Miami area.Special Features:
- An exceptional staff in anRollingStoneMiamiVIPDined on 8/5/2012An exceptional staff in an elegant venue that truly cultivates a fine dining experience and evoked fond memories of our week in Tuscany. With a variety of selections from the Miami Spice menu and a bottle of wine from the wine list for our table of four--not a single disappointment. Expensive yes; worth it, absolutely! I've been looking for a special occasion spot since the closing of Chef Allen's and I've found it at Il Mulino.Special Features:
- We were surprised to findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012We were surprised to find such a great quality of restaurant in Miami. We will go back every time we travel to Miami or to New York. It was exquisite, refined, excellent servers, so well educated. In a scale 1 to 10, I would say 9 perfectly!!Special Features:
- I was expecting more as itRolfDined on 7/26/2012I was expecting more as it was. We are from europe and a good friend of us has a very well known italian restaurant in europe. For that reason we set our expectations high - but at least it was a good good to very good food. The service was not kid friendly even when we spent much money on that evening
- Great food and setting. WeFoodieBVIPDined on 7/12/2012Great food and setting. We really like this place for a special occasion. Just be sure to double check your bill.Special Features:
- First time won't be the last!ReikiHelpsVIPDined on 6/22/2012First time won't be the last! What a wonderful find and so close to home. We went to Il Mulino because of the many outstanding reviews we read on OpenTable. What most of the people said was true. The food was excellent, the service was just as good. A definite new most favorite restaurant!Special Features:
- Best Fine Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2012Il Mulino is definitely the best place for fine italian dining.Special Features:
- Our dinner experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/17/2012Our dinner experience was great, food was amazing and the service really good!!! We are definitely coming back!!!Special Features:
- Everything was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2012Everything was wonderful. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Impressed with the amountNehoc8Dined on 5/25/2012Impressed with the amount complimentary starter plates you receive as soon as you sit, even before getting the menu. Servers outnumbered guests which created too much umcomfortable attention. Get the chicken parm which was so tasty and different than the usual dish in classic Italian places! The atmosphere was old europen-ish style, dark and romantic.
- Fabulous Food and Waitstaffandrea41106Dined on 5/19/2012I have never been to a restaurant where the second you are seated you have waiters coming from every direction offering you various hor d'oeuvres before ever setting your eyes on a menu. The attentiveness and genuine caring from the waiters is not only highly unusual, but fantastically refreshing. The restaurant is old world Italian, but with a very romantic feel. The food is absolutely amazing as well, which is why my husband and I continue to come back every time we're in the Miami area.Special Features:
- Inelegant!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2012Inelegant and an insult to the senses and the pocket.
- A slice of Las VegasFloridaFoodDivaVIPDined on 4/8/2012It was an amazing Easter dinner. We have visited the one in Las Vegas and in New York and I must say they are true to their name and the food quality is the same. The rack of lamb and veal dishes were outstanding!! I can't wait to go back!! (However, very pricey so you might want to save this restaurant for a special occasion.) $600 for 4 people which included two bottles of wine ($130 each) and gratuity. Entrees averaged at least $50. Appetizers were about $25-$30. All in all a great find for South Florida. A slice of Las Vegas in South Florida.Special Features:
- We've been to Il Mulino inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2012We've been to Il Mulino in New York, Puerto Rico, Atlantic City, and Miami Beach and have never been disappointed. The quality and quantity of food as well as the attentive service makes it a 5 star restaurant.Special Features:
- Great dining experience asPaulSVIPDined on 4/4/2012Great dining experience as it has been in the past. Top quality & taste with friendly service too!Special Features:
- Like Vegas better!ShabsDined on 4/2/2012Had a late reservation, so not too busy. Food decent. Las Vegas location is much better all around.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant....foodlcamp63VIPDined on 3/29/2012Excellent restaurant....food was delicious. Have been to the new york and new jersey Il Mulino and the miami location is right on par with the restaurants. Food is consistently good as well as service. One of my favorites!Special Features:
- Abundant, outstanding ItalianjoedocbcDined on 3/23/2012Abundant, outstanding Italian food. It's tough, but you have to leave room for desert.Special Features:
- Great Food!! Expensive, butraybo11VIPDined on 3/19/2012Great Food!! Expensive, but worth it!! Ceasar Salad had a little too much mustard in the dressing.Special Features:
- I USED TO GO TO IL MULINOOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/11/2012I USED TO GO TO IL MULINO BECAUSE I LIVE IN SUNNY ISLES BUT LAST TIME I WAS INTERROGATED REALLY BAD THAT WE COULDN'T EAT BY A BRAZILIAN WAITER, SHORT, BLACK HAIR, HE SAID TO BE STUDYNG REAL ESTATE, HE IS A DANGEROUS PERSON, HE DIDNT ALLOW US TO EAT, FIRST ASKED ABOUT PLACE OF BIRTH, PLACE OF BIRTH OF OUR FATHERS, WHY ACCENT? PLACE OF WORK, DIRECTIONS, NAME OF THE FIRM OF MY FRIEND HE EVEN WRITE DOWN TELEPHONE NUMBERS AND ADDRESS TO GO TO SEE SOME CARS, HOW MANY YEARS AND WHY WE LIVE IN USA, RELATIONSHIP, AND PLUS AND PLUS. WE RESPONDED EVERYTHING NOT TO COMFORTABLE AND ASKED HIM TO GIVE US SOME SPACE TO EAT, HE DIDNT RESPECT US, HE CAME BACK TO INTERROGATE LIKE AN FBI OFFICER BUT EVEN WORSE THAN MOVIES. THAT BRAZILIAN IT'S CRAZY RACIST!
- Quiet, a pleasure to be there. livsidneytVIPDined on 12/2/2011Quiet, a pleasure to be there. lives up to its reputation. very expensive but worth it for a speciasl occasionSpecial Features:
- Over-priced and over-hyped.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/1/2011Over-priced and over-hyped. Loud rock music playing at lunchtime. The venue is nice and the food wasn't bad.
- Great menu and delicious cuisine.FoodiesVIPDined on 11/9/2011Great menu and delicious cuisine. The restaurant is beautiful and service top notch.Special Features:
- I was very disappointed inChrisDined on 11/4/2011I was very disappointed in the quality of the food. Who says "it's the best in Miami"? Does the restaurant pay people to falsely elevate their rating. The "spicy veal" was fair at best, chicken parm OK. Don't order appetizers because they give you alot of "free appetizers". I don't mind paying for a good meal but this place is WAY over rated and too pricy. There was also a wedding there and it was annoying to hear there loud talking. The MD did nothing to accommodate our complaints. Overall I would not recommend this place. I would give it a Zagat rating of 21 for food quality
- Il Mulino in Miami Beach wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/2/2011Il Mulino in Miami Beach was absolutely amazing! I have been to the one in New York several times and while it may be more upbeat the overall experience was not the same. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.Special Features: