Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
5601 Universal Blvd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.orlando.bicegroup.com/
- Phone: 4075031415
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm to 10.00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alessandro Lozzi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Pianist Friday & Saturday from 7pm to 10 pm.
A word from Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
An exquisite culinary voyage right to the heart of Italy awaits you amid a decor which combines Old World elegance and modern chic. Bice Ristorante offers exquisite Northern Italian cuisine, and superb service in an elegant atmosphere. Bice overlooks the Portofino Bay, offering the finest waterfront views in Orlando. We are located on Universal Studios property, and are onlyContinued
3 miles from the Orange County Convention Center. The water taxi taking your guests to Universal Citywalk is steps from the restaurant.
3 miles from the Orange County Convention Center. The water taxi taking your guests to Universal Citywalk is steps from the restaurant.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)romantic (55)scenic view (47)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (27)great for outdoor dining (18)good for groups (17)kid-friendly (6)neighborhood gem (6)late-night find (4)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Amazing dinner experience`loveitalianDined on 1/11/2014My girlfriend and I celebrated our anniversary with dinner at BiCE before heading to the Blue Man Group at City Walk. We met through a study abroad program in Florence, Italy this summer--so Italy is very special to us. Loews Portofino Bay Resort does a perfect job of recreating an Italian seaside village right down to the last detail. BiCE only compliments that experience! The wine list, the ambiance, even the staff were perfect. We felt like we were dining in Italy all over again. If you are looking for a true, authentic Italian dinner, look no further than BiCE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor quality lamb and marginal servJohnnyCVIPDined on 12/30/2013The rack of lamb was really tough that I shared with my daughter. We both had slight intestinal discomfort the next day. My wife's veal chop wasn't at all as it was described on the menu. It should have been called Wiener schnitzel. Service, spotty and slow. Don't seem like anybody likes there jobs at Universal.
- Great Christmas eve dinnerjpalwaysDined on 12/24/2013I had the Christmas eve prix fix menu (boar ragu pasta & venison). The food was outstanding. My wife had the antipasti & osso bucco she loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish we had gone soonerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2013We've been in Orlando for over three years and just got around to going to Bice. Our neighbors have been saying that it's the best Italian in Orlando and I dismissed their remarks thinking that other places had to be better than a restaurant at a Resort. We went with friends that have been there before and shared a lot of small plates so that we could experience as much of the menu as possible in one sitting. The server's suggestions were wonderful, as was everything we tried. We've really been missing out. We will be making this a "regular spot" on our list!Special Features:
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/28/2013Overpriced and terrible service. Will not come back. Waiter forgot one of the dishes we ordered. The caress salad was $20 and was just fair. At the end of our meal wIter asked if we would like to see desert menu and forgot to bring it. Couldn't wait to leave and will never come back !
- Amazing RestaurantchasitymeyersVIPDined on 11/28/2013Only an amazing restaurant can be both kid friendly and romantic! The menu is true Italian and outstanding. The wine list is quite expansive and our server new his cabernet. He recommended a fabulous bottle that paired with our meal. He catered to our children's every need (Shirley temple's galore). A definite repeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceTurkishDined on 11/18/2013Enjoyed every minute of being there. Great service. I wish they had more vegetarian dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but overpriced.dmbviceDined on 11/13/2013Food was good, but overpriced. You could find something just as good at carrabba's and pay half the price.Special Features:
- You will never be disappointedJOHNVIPDined on 11/13/2013You will never be disappointed at BICE. Everything and everybody are above fantastic. We love going here at least once a month as locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt like we were actually in ItalyUncleBDined on 11/9/2013This was our first experience at Bice at Portofino Bay Hotel in Orlando - but hopefully not our last! We were not disappointed. My wife & I enjoyed an early (5:30 p.m.) 10th wedding anniversary dinner at Bice before an 8:00 concert. Everything was fabulous -- the ambience, the timing, the amazing endive salad, the red snapper, ... the wine! We were graciously greeted several times by many Bice staff members/managers/owners & asked how everything was. We felt welcomed & special. Thank you, Bice. We plan to return on a future trip to Orlando!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningCarlDined on 11/8/2013We had a most enjoyable time with a first rate wait staff and wonderful food. The live piano music was in the background at the right level and it made for a delightful experience. The three-course dinner we had was prepared very well and our waiter Emedio came with an Italian accent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice placeSeattleDined on 10/31/2013Went there when recommended by family member. A nice choice of Northern Italian cuisine. Service was excellent. The food was excellent. We had no complaints and would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it went twicetwiceasniceDined on 10/24/2013We were on our honeymoon searching for fine dining. For our first dining experience we chose Bice. There is a wonderful ambiance, the menu offerings are not too abundant, the specials are seasonal, the wine list is simple and pairs well. We found our waitstaff to be pleasant, and knowledgeable with the menu and recommendations. We chose to return on the last evening of our honeymoon as the experience was that endearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodJOHNVIPDined on 10/16/2013The servings are generous, the quality great and flavor outstanding.The serving staff are very intentive but not overbearing.Special Features:
- great timeeatmeDined on 10/11/2013great food and service. What you would expect from a high end restaurant.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationDanielDined on 10/7/2013This was the first I can remember being disappointed with the main entrée. The Pork Medallions were below par. Not best quality meat. Everything else was outstanding as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fabulous Food and Service!diningcoupleDined on 10/3/2013We love to eat at Bice while our teenager attends Halloween Horror Nights since it is on Universal property at the lovely Portofino Hotel and it never disappoints. My husband and I had a wonderful 3-course meal which was one of the monthly specials. The price and quality make it hard to believe that Bice is located in a tourist mecca! The delicious and generous salmon carpaccio appetizer was a meal in itself. The head waiter's attention to our needs was as wonderful as the food. Looking forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special night out!ItaliadreamerDined on 10/3/2013Everything was perfect. I selected this restaurant as a special birthday dinner for a friend. Everything was perfect. The ambience is beautiful. The service was great and the food was delicious. Not one thing to improve upon. I look forward to many more visits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A restaurant destination for sureDeeandsalDined on 9/28/2013Bice is in a great location and a really refined restaurant... Like being in Portofino Italy .Massimo the General Manager was very attentive to our service. We are regular diners there and enjoy each time we visit .Friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Experiencebondman43Dined on 9/27/2013Enjoyed a dinner for our 10th Anniversary. Service was supperb. Waiter was very knowledgeable about the wine list and was able to give great recommendations. You have to try the homemade pastas. Wish we would have gone with the appetizer portions and tried all of them. Had a window view and was able to look out at the water and truly enjoy a romantive evening with my wife!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BiceLynettepdrnDined on 9/25/2013Well my biggest complaint was the wait staff. We sat along time wating for someone to fet our drink order. This continued all night. We sat and waited to place order, to pay, etc.. The place wasnt that full and there were are alot of waiters. We felt neglected. The food was tasty, it wasnt incredible , but tasty.Special Features:
- Romantic Birthday Dinnerbugabu33Dined on 9/24/2013I took my husband here for his birthday, and it was our first time here. It was a very romantic setting. Getting to the restaurant was a little tiring & tricky as construction was taking place on the property. Our service was excellent. I do wish they offered a comp dessert for birthdays other than a cannoli, but it was a nice romantic outing for us. Food was great as well!Special Features:
- Just the best....had not beenJoVaughanDined on 9/23/2013Just the best....had not been there for awhile and went for Magical Dining...food was good...and the service was great...not all restaurants get that Magical Dining is a way to engage locals again and put non-standard food items on their menu....not so for Bice....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You'll dream about the foodyarisamDined on 9/22/2013I went to Bice because it was one of the restaurants participating in Orlando Magical Dining Month (3 course meal for $33). The restaurant opens for dinner at 5:30pm so it was pretty quiet for our 6:00pm reservation. I think they might get busier later due to people having dinner after they get out of the theme parks. We browsed the regular menu but stuck with the magical dining month menu which was such a great deal. Our server Kras was great and the bartender came over to make sure I liked my mixed drink. The food was absolutely amazing. I dined with a friend as part of our “girls night out” but this place would be great for a romantic dinner or special occasion. The price reflects a fine dining experience and it’s well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousAlinatDined on 9/20/2013We had the Magical Dining menu...the caprese, swordfish, chicken, homemade raviolis--all delightful. Then topped it off with napoleons and chocolate creme brûlée. Not sure how often we'll be back because the regular menu is very expensive but did appreciate being given 20% off card to use in the future since we are locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Good FoodMarchioismsDined on 9/20/2013My husband & I decided to go to BICE before a show at the HRC. The dining rm is very elegant. The service was top notch. The food was very good. We are big foodies so I wouldn't say it is Michelin quality, but still very good. For appetizers, I had the prosciutto w/ fig & melon. Fantastic! My husband had the tuna & loved it. For dinner he had the risotto special & I had the "purse" pasta. (I don't know how to spell it in Italian). Both were very good. I have 2 suggestions though, the portions are huge. Maybe they can lower the price & reduce the portion size, Which may attract more customers. Our bill for 2pp was over $180.00 w tip. That's 2 appetizers, 2 dinners, 4 drinks. We would have liked dessert but we were too full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacks magicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2013We visited this restaurant on the magical menu costing 33 dollars, a choice of two starters 3 mains and two deserts, The main reason for choosing this restaurant as there is plenty to choose from was to view the property and visit a quality restaurant at the same time , Service and food was fine but it just didnt cut it for us maybe it was the restricted menu?Special Features:
- Loved the service everyonejhighlightDined on 9/13/2013Loved the service everyone came and checked I'm on us all the time, the food was fast and great and overall the service was A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FantasticOrlandoneighborDined on 9/7/2013Taking friends from out of town to Bice is fantastic. The Magical Dining menu was delicious, the mozzarella melts in your mouth. Every plate was delicious and our server is fantastic. Thank you for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bice at Loews Portofino Bay HotelSteelmanDined on 9/7/2013Food was very good; service was excellent, atmosphere was okay. This restaurant is located in a hotel at Universal Studios, the heart of tourist town. Therefore, many small children and casually-dressed clientele will be found in Bice. Because of these conditions, we would not consider it a romantic place for dinner for two. However, we would recommend it to friends and family, especially during Orlando Magical Dining month, as the value when compared to the regular menu is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2013Have been coming to Orlando every year for several years and have only found a few restaurants that were good. Bice was the best yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a romantice eveningJimmyEatsEverythingDined on 9/6/2013We enjoyed our meal, with a nice limited menu through Magical Dining. Your choice of 2 apps, 3 entrees, and 2 desserts. Service was very nice, and the atmosphere was very good, themed of a throwback intimate setting in Northern Italy. There was a piano player, entertaining the guests with a variety of Italian-themed music. Although my 16-year-old son enjoyed his meal, and was treated well, the restaurant is quiet, more suited for a couple or adult group. The real issue with this restaurant is the location. It is part of the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel in the Universal Orlando complex. Plan on plenty of time to drive to a parking spot (valet available also), and a bit of a walk to the restaurant itself. Fortunately, we were early. Ciao!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate that such a greatRichGDined on 9/1/2013Unfortunate that such a great restaurant did not live up to expectations set during prior visits
- Great as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/26/2013We have dined here before and have always loved it. This is why we return. Even with all the dining choices available in the area, we come back over and over. Keep up the excellent work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre and very expensive foodLalloVIPDined on 8/23/2013Very disappointing. I expected so much more from Bice. Food was mediocre to poor. I ordered Swordfish (decent), my wife ordered Pasta Paglia and Fieno and it was horrible. Just a fancy name and description for a normal "Alfredo" sauce. Very disappointing. It was not better than any other Italian-American restaurant where you would eat for 1/4 of the price. We'll never go again. We live in NYC and now we will not go to Bice there either.
- Pricey: and no AAA discountOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/4/2013Nice Room. Food is good. But very Expensive. And they no longer give any AAA discount (as some other websites wrongly state), so if you were counting on the discount to somewhat offset the high prices, don't go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat opera and a god steakFluffyfriscoVIPDined on 7/30/2013Arriving at Bice you think you actually,are in Portofina,Italy. Tookma launch ride to see more of the hotel and surrounding area. Lots of Universal restaurants at end of ride, Margaritaville, Hard Rock Cafe, etc. Back on the launch to Bice with fantastic view, excellent service and wonderful food. entertained by opera singers on nearby balcony. Really such a pleasure. Understand they have a prix fix menu but we were not made aware of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first time inDominicDined on 7/23/2013This was our first time in Orlando, and were very pleasantly surprised with Bice Restaurant, so much so that we returned to dine there a second night. The ambiance is wonderful, the food is beyond delicious and fresh, the portions are large, the wine selection is extensive, the staff has exceptional knowledge of both wines and food, we tried everything from a selection of antipasto's to pasta, risotto, meat and fish, each dish was amazing, a bit more expensive than other restaurants, BUT SO WELL WORTH THE $, this restaurant will not disappoint.Special Features:
- Authentic ItalianCommish409Dined on 7/23/2013Totally enjoyed the experience, starting with the maitre-de, including the server, and most of all, the food. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Exceptional Service from BobRyleesMomVIPDined on 7/17/2013My husband and I frequent Bice for special occasions with one another, family and friends for the past 5 years. The restaurant has great Italian food, but what makes us come back here so frequently is the exceptional service that we receive from Bob each time. He is very personable, knowledgeable and welcoming. Each time we come he is aware of our likes, dislikes and goes above and beyond to ensure that we are satisfied. If you are looking for a special place to frequent, I would choose Bice, but you MUST request Bob to ensure that your night is memorable not only for the food!!! Call ahead to request him as he does not work everyday.Special Features: