Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
5601 Universal Blvd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.orlando.bicegroup.com/
- Phone: 4075031415
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm to 10.00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alessandro Lozzi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bice Ristorante offers many private group dining options for your corporate event or special occasion dinner. We have two private dining rooms seating 10 to 40 guests. We can seat up to 225 guests, utilizing the private rooms and the main dining room for a larger dinner. There are also two outdoor terraces offering spectacular views of Portofino Bay Harbor, which are available for private bookings.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Brown (321)2468145
- Entertainment: Pianist Friday & Saturday from 7pm to 10 pm.
A word from Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
An exquisite culinary voyage right to the heart of Italy awaits you amid a decor which combines Old World elegance and modern chic. Bice Ristorante offers exquisite Northern Italian cuisine, and superb service in an elegant atmosphere. Bice overlooks the Portofino Bay, offering the finest waterfront views in Orlando. We are located on Universal Studios property, and are onlyContinued
3 miles from the Orange County Convention Center. The water taxi taking your guests to Universal Citywalk is steps from the restaurant.
3 miles from the Orange County Convention Center. The water taxi taking your guests to Universal Citywalk is steps from the restaurant.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)romantic (47)scenic view (41)fit for foodies (33)notable wine list (24)good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (14)kid-friendly (6)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014A great place to celebrate special occasion or pop the question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningdivaDined on 5/8/2014Always go to Bice when we are at Portofino Bay. Nice for an elegant dining experience. Fresh made pasta is always outstanding.Special Features:
- True ItalianFoodieFunDined on 5/3/2014Food was amazing. However service started great and then went down hill from there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/25/2014We enjoyed our dinner. It was a perfect night to be on the patio. The sun sets behind the building, so it is very comforatble. If the portions were more appropriate, perhaps the prices could be more acceptable. Our appetizer could have pleased six people, but it was $18. We shared a salad, and then both took half of our $35 entrees home. They should realize that probably 2/3 of their customers are traveling, and don't want huge meals or leftovers. We shared a fresh berry Napoleon, which was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeRobertDined on 4/24/2014Everything was perfect. The staff was friendly from the moment we walked in until we left. Food was incredible. Definitely would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food Yetdeb57Dined on 4/20/2014We decided to do Easter dinner at Bice and we had one of our best Italian meals ever. I decided on the shrimp fra divalo which is spicy but they can tone it down and it was very tasty, Robert opted for one of the veal dishes which was a veal chop lightly breaded and pounded out and it was a great choice - if you like veal then I would highly recommend. They also have a wide choice of other meal choices and I can't wait to go back and try out a new one. If you like wine, they have a wonderful list to choose from which our waiter helped us with. Our waiter was very attentive to our needs and made us feel like we were his only table. Please go give it a try if you are looking for a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Good resterauntKARDIDined on 4/19/2014If you are looking for a clean, nice, fancy restaurant this is the place. It offers a wide variety of Italian food and creates a pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Italian foodToeckelDined on 4/15/2014We thought we have been in Italy. The high ceiling rooms are very comfortable, the service was friendly and the food was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Taste of ItalyfoodeeVIPDined on 4/12/2014Great ambiance. A real getaway from ordinary dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goof atmosphere great foodthemuskymasterDined on 3/30/2014Some of the best pasta ever, everything is freshly madeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service: GM MassimoIleneDined on 3/29/2014Great service: GM Massimo runs this place very efficiently and the food is excellent! No complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itCriticDined on 3/28/2014We been to this same restaurant in NY and Miami and always had great experiences. Not here. Bice in Orlando is still expensive but just an ordinary restaurant. The food wasn't good at allSpecial Features:
- Good choiceWesCDined on 3/28/2014The restaurant honored the reservation to the letter,which is fantastic.The table was prepared nicely and we did not have to wait for our reservation,which is important to me.The drinks were wonderful and the apps came out timely and perfectly plated & delicious.The main course was amazing with hearty portions. Nice plating again.The service was good but was a little slow with drink refills. In their defense, it was a full house.They did not rush us and allowed us to enjoy the dining experience.The setting was a little on the loud side;however,the view of the portofino harbor and resort was very nice. It was great for our small party.I would recommend this as the best option for a great Italian meal and relaxing experience at the resort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not rush to this placeDianeDined on 3/26/2014Would not rush to this place again which disappoints me because I believe its the same Bice that used to be in Chicago and I loved it ! Brought clients there often...thought this restaurant was a little pricey and service not top notch but if staying at hotel and do not feel like venturing far, it was a decent choiceSpecial Features:
- Great food and service butPaulLDined on 3/20/2014Great food and service but the room is sort of "cold", not the temperature but the ambiance. I am in the business and if I owned this restaurant I would lower the lighting level in the room, raise the music volume, and add some large chandeliers in the main room as the space is too open. Funny how the bar area had. 6 large light fixtures in that small section of the room and there are no light fixtures in the much larger, cavernous dining area. I also think artwork is undersized - these pieces should be 3 or 4 times bigger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and SpecialCri2014VIPDined on 3/20/2014If you are looking for a romantic place to celebrate a special ocasion don't miss the outside tables of BICE! Nice food, and the best view and best scenic view from Orlando. You really feel like you were in Italy! And if you are lucky you can also have a perfect dinner with great opera singers performing classics and moderns arias!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely night in PortofinoFrugieDined on 3/16/2014We lucked out weather wise and were able to sit outside and enjoy our meal overlooking the "port". Service was fantastic and very attentive. Food was lovely and the wine list was reasonable. Would for sure make a return trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Italian placeStefVIPDined on 3/12/2014This is a high end restaurant located in the Portofino complex of the Loew hotel. The fresh pasta are made in the restaurant. The Burrata cheese is authentic and not one of those locally made. Nice place to go if you want to indulge yourself.Special Features:
- Great Italian treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/11/2014Best Italian treat in Orlando. Like the service. Menu is awsome. Special restaurent for special occasion .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/8/2014Nothing for me to complain about yet nothing for me to praise. It felt more like a transaction and experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's like Dining in ItalyvinceDined on 2/28/2014The atmosphere was like dining in Italy. The service was exceptional, very informative. The food was delicious.I would definitely return if I am back in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best local/theme park resturantLocalDined on 2/21/2014Best Italian restaurant in Orlando! It's separate location from the hotel adds to the ambience and the theme park is not on sight so tourist are not coming in with their t-shirts and shorts. Parking is easy and Bice validates. One of our local favorites.Special Features:
- Great dinner and superb service!MCM1VIPDined on 2/20/2014My family of four truly enjoyed our meal at BICE - it was the best meal we had at Universal Orlando by far, and one of the top meals we've eaten in the last year. Well above what we'd expected at an Orlando theme park. One element that struck me as highly professional was how the maitre d' dealt with an issue with one of our main courses - my lamb chops were overcooked. Without question, he apologized profusely. The restaurant manager then came out and apologized yet again, and then they brought me properly (and wonderfully) prepared lamb. Further, they brought our family a trio of desserts, along with coffee/cappuccino all around, all free as a final note of apology. Great, great service!Special Features:
- Consistently GreatBullwinkleVIPDined on 2/16/2014We've eaten here about 7 - 8 times whenever we are in, or driving through, Orlando. Every meal has always been excellent. Even our picky kids look forward to eating here.Special Features:
- Good Option Close By UniversalFrancoDined on 2/6/2014Very good food, same level as Bice Milano. Excelent service (better than the original). Price is high, but is is worth the experience. We spent the day at Universal Studios, and took a ride from a bike (fits 3 + driver) right after the Loews Portofino park entrance, had a great dinner at Bice and walked back to Universal parking. Myself, wife and four year old son. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/31/2014I adore Italian food. The Ossobucco was amazing. The profiteroles were the best I've had since il tulipano closed in north Miami. Outstanding attentive service. Live piano music playing softly in the background provided the perfect background. I won't visit Orlando again without eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for the quiet room!aussiemomVIPDined on 1/25/2014We had the room in the corner, away from the crowds, and it was perfect for us. We like the quiet in order to be able to talk and enjoy our food. Everything was outstanding - from appetizers to dessert. And to top it all, the price is reasonable for such quality food and service.Special Features:
- Great experienceRobbVIPDined on 1/25/2014A great meal. Wonderful, delicious food with impeccable service. This was one of the best dining experiences ever and we have travelled extensively.. The server was knowledgeable and his recommendations were perfect. Who would have thought such a great dining experience would be obtained in a theme park surrounding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinner experience`loveitalianDined on 1/11/2014My girlfriend and I celebrated our anniversary with dinner at BiCE before heading to the Blue Man Group at City Walk. We met through a study abroad program in Florence, Italy this summer--so Italy is very special to us. Loews Portofino Bay Resort does a perfect job of recreating an Italian seaside village right down to the last detail. BiCE only compliments that experience! The wine list, the ambiance, even the staff were perfect. We felt like we were dining in Italy all over again. If you are looking for a true, authentic Italian dinner, look no further than BiCE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor quality lamb and marginal servJohnnyCVIPDined on 12/30/2013The rack of lamb was really tough that I shared with my daughter. We both had slight intestinal discomfort the next day. My wife's veal chop wasn't at all as it was described on the menu. It should have been called Wiener schnitzel. Service, spotty and slow. Don't seem like anybody likes there jobs at Universal.
- Great Christmas eve dinnerjpalwaysDined on 12/24/2013I had the Christmas eve prix fix menu (boar ragu pasta & venison). The food was outstanding. My wife had the antipasti & osso bucco she loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish we had gone soonerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2013We've been in Orlando for over three years and just got around to going to Bice. Our neighbors have been saying that it's the best Italian in Orlando and I dismissed their remarks thinking that other places had to be better than a restaurant at a Resort. We went with friends that have been there before and shared a lot of small plates so that we could experience as much of the menu as possible in one sitting. The server's suggestions were wonderful, as was everything we tried. We've really been missing out. We will be making this a "regular spot" on our list!Special Features:
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/28/2013Overpriced and terrible service. Will not come back. Waiter forgot one of the dishes we ordered. The caress salad was $20 and was just fair. At the end of our meal wIter asked if we would like to see desert menu and forgot to bring it. Couldn't wait to leave and will never come back !
- Amazing RestaurantchasitymeyersVIPDined on 11/28/2013Only an amazing restaurant can be both kid friendly and romantic! The menu is true Italian and outstanding. The wine list is quite expansive and our server new his cabernet. He recommended a fabulous bottle that paired with our meal. He catered to our children's every need (Shirley temple's galore). A definite repeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceTurkishDined on 11/18/2013Enjoyed every minute of being there. Great service. I wish they had more vegetarian dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but overpriced.dmbviceDined on 11/13/2013Food was good, but overpriced. You could find something just as good at carrabba's and pay half the price.Special Features:
- You will never be disappointedJOHNVIPDined on 11/13/2013You will never be disappointed at BICE. Everything and everybody are above fantastic. We love going here at least once a month as locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt like we were actually in ItalyUncleBDined on 11/9/2013This was our first experience at Bice at Portofino Bay Hotel in Orlando - but hopefully not our last! We were not disappointed. My wife & I enjoyed an early (5:30 p.m.) 10th wedding anniversary dinner at Bice before an 8:00 concert. Everything was fabulous -- the ambience, the timing, the amazing endive salad, the red snapper, ... the wine! We were graciously greeted several times by many Bice staff members/managers/owners & asked how everything was. We felt welcomed & special. Thank you, Bice. We plan to return on a future trip to Orlando!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningCarlDined on 11/8/2013We had a most enjoyable time with a first rate wait staff and wonderful food. The live piano music was in the background at the right level and it made for a delightful experience. The three-course dinner we had was prepared very well and our waiter Emedio came with an Italian accent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice placeSeattleDined on 10/31/2013Went there when recommended by family member. A nice choice of Northern Italian cuisine. Service was excellent. The food was excellent. We had no complaints and would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.