Sbicca - Del Mar
215 15th Street
Del Mar, CA 92014Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sbicca - Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sbiccadelmar.com/
- Phone: 8584811001x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm
Breakfast and Lunch: Saturday and Sunday: 9am-3pm
Dinner: 5pm nightly
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Dinner Nightly: 5:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Garcia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The restaurant will design full service custom catering menus for your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Sbicca in Del Mar is a perfect place for your personal or corporate event. Sbicca's unique charm and unique layout combined with its award winning cuisine will make all your parties memorable. We can customize your menu to work within your parameters. We have an extensive wine list and full bar.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 8584811001x
- Special Events: Half priced wines Tuesdays and Thursdays. All wines on our Wine Spectator Award winning wine list. No corkage Mondays and Tuesdays
Happy Hour Monday-Friday 4-6pm, Saturday & Sunday 3-5pm
Discounted Bar Menu and drink specials on the front patio and bar areas
A word from Sbicca - Del Mar
San Diego's favorite "Neighborhood" restaurant. Located in beautiful, quaint Del Mar and winner of the "Gold Medallion Award" for Best Neighborhood Restaurant awarded by the San Diego Chapter of the California Restaurant Association. Dine up on the Ocean View deck and take in the blue pacific while enjoying our award winning cuisine or sit on our ocean view sidewalk cafe and sip on one of our Wine Spectator award winning wine list wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sbicca - Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (53)neighborhood gem (42)scenic view (39)fit for foodies (29)special occasion (24)notable wine list (23)romantic (21)great for lunch (19)good for groups (16)great for brunch (14)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- BUT our friends were disappointedMizBVIPDined on 5/18/2014My husband and I have always enjoyed our selections, but our friends both ordered the halibut and felt the fish was past its prime. They are visiting from NY and were with us the very first time we went to Sbicca nearly 4 years ago. I'm sure they will not want to return here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatLJSDVIPDined on 5/17/2014Love Sbicca - been coming here since it opened. Great food, good variety, great wine list. I like to sit upstairs for the ocean view but on the patio is nice as well. The pork prime rib is amazing (and plenty for leftovers).Special Features:
- For that special occasion.CruzerDined on 5/15/2014Sbicca has always delivered the promise of a great experience in fine dinning. For the all times I have joined friends and to my special moments with loved ones. Sbicca is always a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014I had friends in from LA and wanted to impress. The food and ambience was outstanding. With a smile from the hostess, scored an awesome table on the outside patio.Special Features:
- Just okay.KMKPVIPDined on 4/28/2014We had a group dinner at Sbicca. The patio looked nice. But since it was a group, they put us in the back back room so the ambiance was less than desired. The food was nothing to draw me back.Special Features:
- outstanding!MommaLee1Dined on 4/26/2014We shared the shrimp appetizer with avocado cream and loved it. Hubby had the scallops with risotto, it was mild but delightful; I had the seared ahi with forbidden rice...best meal in the San Diego/LaJolla area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner spottea4twoDined on 4/24/2014Sbicca is a wonderfully popular bistro for locals and visitors. The food is great, I like the double cut pork chop, from appies to dessert. Come early and enjoy a glass of wine or beer at the cozy bar. Great wine list and a full bar, including some local craft brews as well as the standards.Special Features:
- awesomeKristinDined on 4/20/2014sweet and accommodating hotess, efficient server and great foodSpecial Features:
- All around fabulous!Kim5252Dined on 4/20/2014Everything was spectacular, the service, food, and atmosphere! We had the crab cake appetizer to start with which was amazing. My husband had the Chilaquiles and I had the fish tacos-both were delicious. I also tried the Midnight Express (I think it was called) and have been wanting another ever since. It was an ice cold martini with vodka, Baileys, Kahlua, and a shot of espresso-Wow! The waitress was attentive at all the right times and the pacing of food arrival was perfect. We already have reservations to go back.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceHarryoDined on 4/5/2014Service was great, view fantastic, and food very good (Sea Bass my wife had was a little dry). Would definitely recommend to other people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnersBillBDined on 3/29/2014Sbicca is a wonderful find. The prices are good and the food is outstanding. We started with the watermelon salad and bacon wrapped shrimp. Dinner was Sea Bass and the Filet, both cooked to perfection. Our server, Rachel, was very helpful. This is a place we will come back to.Special Features:
- Birthday Celebration with the FamFelixDined on 3/29/2014We were so hungry when we arrived, so we all ordered from the "starters" menu. The Korean lettuce wraps were scrumptious & there were 3 of them, decent size. I was pretty full after that, so opted for the lobster mac & cheese for dinner as well as tasting the others plates. We ordered 2 bottles of red: A Malbec & a Syrah which were both excellent. Sat on the front outdoor patio area & were able to see the sunset. For my birthday, I was able to choose a complimentary dessert & the brownie with ice cream was out of this world! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we had an early reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2014we had an early reservation so the crowd noise was minimal. The dinner was excellent. We spent an hour prior to our reservation having drinks and the outdoor patio spot was crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overrated!SuzyVIPDined on 3/22/2014I do not get why folks like this place? There is little room for seating inside. Alley-way, including the outdoor bathrooms I find tacky. Sitting in the aisle as newcomers walk by is insulting. The back room, however cozy, is too small for the noise level that breaks sound barriers with just one loud mouth guest. Sorry guys, but the food was awful. The fish was greasy and not presented well, the veggiest were practically raw. Had to return the green beans which crunched when I bit into them. They offered to bring back a new dish of them, which was nice of them. However, the new green beans were garlic laden and too large for even 3 people to eat. Sorry but will stay AWAY from this neighborhood "gem."Special Features:
- WE ARE PREDJUDICED...PmsayreVIPDined on 3/20/2014in favor of Sbicca. Another lovely evening with great food, great service and an outstanding wine at half price on a Thursday evening. What's not to love? We will return again and againSpecial Features:
- Salad, Chardonnay and a view!beachmommaDined on 3/12/2014Met my husband here for a sunny luncheon out. Great table view of the ocean while enjoying wonderful salads and cold crisp chardonnay. Great service, and good vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/7/2014Has been one of our favorite restaurants in Del Ma but this time disappointing. This night the food was simply average . Fish course had to be sent back because over cooked. Promptly replaced. Perhaps because it was a Friday night they were simply overwhelmed and quality suffered. Is very noisy so have to talk loudly to be heard.
- We only get to the San DiegoBuntzVIPDined on 3/4/2014We only get to the San Diego area in the winter, but Sbicca is always on our list of places to dine. The food is always very good as is the "vibe." 1/2 price bottles of wine on Tuesdays and Thursdays are a bargain. It's nice when a place has been around a long time and maintains quality and service standardsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious scallops!Love2dineVIPDined on 3/1/2014The scallops and sweet potato fries were amazing. Definitely recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureleucadianDined on 2/15/2014We have returned to Sbicca many times and have always been impressed with their food and good service. Two challenges at Sbicca; 1) Parking in Del Mar is always a problem. 2) Seating and ambiance are "interesting" -- for as good as the restaurant is I wish that they had a little better ambiance. Each time you go the seating varies tremendously in the hodgepodge layout of the restaurant.Special Features:
- A little disappointing...socaldinerDined on 2/15/2014Chose Sbicca for my 29th anniversary dinner having been there previously for business. Despite asking for a nice table to celebrate our anniversary, we ended up seated along a window/wall that is shared with the bar. Given this was Saturday night, we had people on the other side of the window eyeballing us and our food, and backsides of the bar patrons at our eye-level throughout. Not ideal...and not romantic. Food was just so-so. Highlight was the crabcake appetizer and the tomato salsa that is served with bread; lobster bisque had no lobster chunks or anything else - basically it was creamy tomato soup. Entrees were just ok; the ahi tuna was nice but overpowered by the black rice. Wine list is good not great - just an ok experience.Special Features:
- Perfect for a romantic dinnerblueskysdDined on 2/14/2014Sbicca is one of my favorites for a romantic "date night" with my husband. We chose it for Valentine's day and they didn't disappoint. Great wine, outstanding food and impeccable service. Plus, they sat us right next to a fireplace for perfect ambience. We had the ahi appetizer, the lobster bisque (a must!), husband had the filet mignon and I had sea scallops (amazing!). For dessert we tried the chocolate chip bread pudding, which was rich and scrumptious. Plus, an excellent bottle of Merry Edwards wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new favorite in Del MarOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014After years of driving past Sbicca (and its predecessor, Kirby's), we decided to try them out for Valentines Day. GREAT CALL! We were greeted promptly at the hostess stand and shown to our reserved table under the heaters. From the wine to the appetizer, through our mouth-watering entrees (scallops to DIE for!), this was a great experience. Sbicca is close enough to the beach to be casual, yet with a menu worthy of a fine upscale restaurant in a downtown location. As I told Greg, our server, there was less on the menu I wasn't interested in than what I WAS interested in! Great variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the spot for Valentine's DayHowardDined on 2/14/2014This was a meal booked for Valentine's Day 2014. We were seated inside the rear building where they had 3 tables very close together. It was not a very romantic dinner because of how close the neighboring tables were arranged. The tables were close enough together that anyone sitting at the far end of the table had to squeeze by and try not to bump the neighbor's table. The close proximity of the tables also made it awkward because you could clearly hear everything your neighbors were saying. One of our entrees was very good while the other entree, the soup, and the salad were ok. The meal was not worth the $140 we paid. We won't be returning to Sbicca.
- Nice food, but not worth the pricewdanada214Dined on 2/8/2014A group of 4 of us tried this place last week - we'd never been. Overall, the food was good. But if you take price into consideration, then the food was fair. The ambience is nice. Cocktail menu and beer list are slim, and we weren't too impressed by the wine list, which is supposed to be one of the best in town. Meh. It's a nice alternative to the other places in Del Mar, but we won't be going back anytime soon. Nothing we crave...
- The food was delicious andmakiDined on 2/1/2014The food was delicious and the service was great, but we were sitting next to a large group, probably 16 people, and the guests were extremely loud which made conversation for our table of 4 rather difficult. Such groups should be isolated from the other patrons, the patio outside seemed available and it would have been a perfect spot for them. I will probably not comeback because of that unless I can be sure to be given a table far from the maddening crowd!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dawn DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014My husband and I wanted to try this restaurant out with my cousin who was visiting from out of town. Each of us ordered a different entrée and everyone enjoyed their meal. The steaks were cooked perfectly along with the fish entrees as well. I was surprised to see that along with the good quality of the food, there was a generous amount given per plate. I ordered the side dish of carmelized brussel sprouts that were excellent. I'd highly recommend to friends or family to eat at this friendly establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistencyglenDined on 1/30/2014Sibicca is a gem in Del Mar that offers great variety of good food. Never disappoints.Special Features:
- Restaurant week re-visitDelMarGeekDined on 1/27/2014Had not been here in a while - Monday night, had the indoor dining room to ourselves, which was great. Really appreciate the quiet these days. Had the albacore starter, and the grouper - excellent. Choc chip bread pudding to finish - wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View of SunsetClarkBarDined on 1/17/2014Excellent if outdoor front patio seating available. Usually busy at sunset hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a small partydelmarzDined on 1/11/2014Their wine room is a great place for a small party - private with a pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Del Mar delightHBfoodieVIPDined on 1/10/2014A beautiful setting. Tables in the patio, upstairs and in the dining room. Menu is eclectic with many fresh fish selections. My Ahi Tuna with Black Rice was oustanding as was the Grilled Japanese Peppers. Our server was attentive and did not rush us. Cocktails were generous and the wine selection was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like others saidroxyDined on 1/7/2014We went to this restaurant based on reviews from TripAdvisor and were not regret. The food was awesome and tasty. The service was warm and nice. There is a little bit of wait if you order their pork chops. After all, it was a pretty pleasant dinner and we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence in Del MarKevinVIPDined on 1/4/2014This little spot was a perfect find for our group of 4. The wine list was nice but not overly priced, the food was excellent and came out on time and tasty, and the service was extremely attentive. I would go back without hesitation.Special Features:
- usally outstandingusuallyoutstandingDined on 1/2/2014The overall experience is usually outstanding, as is the food. However this time around, I ordered Sea-Bass which is difficult to over cook in my opinion. The entrée was so dry and brittle on the outside that I sent it back (something I rarely do), only to receive another entrée that was not better, the fish seemed to be doused in hot pepper so much so that it was HOT!! Maybe that was my payback for returning the first dish. Considering that everyone in my party had a great meal, and we ordered 2 bottles of $90 wine, appetizers, I was very surprised the waitress did not even ask me how the second plate was. Oh well, for the one bad dish! This won't keep me from going to Sibicca unless it happens again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- YOU CANT GO WRONG HEREfoodieVIPDined on 1/2/2014Every time we go to Sbicca we are treated well, the food is unbelievably fresh, flavorful, beautiful to look at and the views can't be beat. Never disappointed.Special Features:
- New Years Eve DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2013i picked Sbicca based on reviews posted here and was not disappointed! My wife kept saying I really knew how to pick a restaurant. We had a great table on the upper deck which was very comfortable. The service was very professional (wish I remembered the wait staff persons name, Sarah maybe) The food was excellent. My wife and I had the persimmon and pear salad which was dressed perfectly and then we split the double cut pork chop. Her half went about an inch thick and mine, the other half was at least two inches thick and cooked perfectly! We added a reasonably priced bottle of wine and had the pumpkin cheese cake for dessert. We will go back to Sbicca next time we are in Del Mar. Also recommend hotel Les Artiste in Del MarSpecial Features:
- Fair serviceCoupleDined on 12/31/2013My husband and I went here for New Years Eve. The menu looked great. Our server was ok. She recommended three different beers and all three of them happened to be sold out that night.... At 5:45PM. Overall it was just ok.Special Features:
- Good but will not be returningKelly034Dined on 12/31/2013My husband and I went on a date at Sbicca and had a fairly mediocre experience. The service was good and the food was decent, but not worth the high prices. Had the filet which was overcooked, the sauce was bland, and the gorgonzola potatoes tasted liked regular mashed potatoes. It was still a good meal but not worth the $44 pricetag. We sat outside, and if you like dogs or have dogs, this is the place for you because they allow dogs on the patio. But if you want a nice meal without barking or high noise levels, I'd choose another restaurant. For a nice meal out in Del Mar, I'd definitely go with Jake's, Poseidon, or Pacifica Del Mar over Sbicca.Special Features:
- Good food, nice atmosphereFoodieVIPDined on 12/24/2013This is a nice restaurant in the heart of Del Mar. We always though it was small but it is actually quite large in the back. The service was a bit slow but the waiter was very nice. Food was good. We will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.