The Capital Grille - I Drive
9101 International Drive, Suite 1000,
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - I Drive
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 4073704392x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am –4:00pm; Dinner: Monday– Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lounge: Open Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matthew Price
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - I Drive
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Capital Grille - I Drive - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
The Capital Grille - I Drive reviews from OpenTable diners
231 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (180)romantic (115)notable wine list (114)fit for foodies (100)good for groups (86)hot spot (34)vibrant bar scene (26)neighborhood gem (21)late-night find (17)great for lunch (14)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Excellent location and serviceEddieandBonnieDined on 9/2/2014This restaurant is located on International Drive, which is a prime place to be. Valet parking was available, and the ticket was validated at the restaurant. The ambience was nice, for both business and personal occasions. It was a very quiet place with gorgeous painting and designs. The service was very good. The waiter was courteous to make all special efforts to meet our needs. My filet mignon was cooked to my request. However, my friend's tenderloin was over cooked to the request of rear. The captain, Mr. David with over 30 years of restaurant serving experience, was very nice in offering to correct the problem and was making an attempt to find out exactly what had happened to this order.Special Features:
- Service was incrediblePerfectionDined on 9/1/2014Charlie, our waiter, was perfect. He pampered us just the right amount. My wife had been craving a Diet Coke (our hotel only had Pepsi products). He not only brought her a diet coke but brought her a six pak of bottles for us to take back to the hotel. The chef came out and checked on how our steaks were cooked. They treated us like a king and queen. And the food was great. Steaks meltedin your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KMGSAKMGSADined on 8/31/2014Fabulous Magical Dining experience. Excellent meal - especially liked the Caesar salad and onion bread, and the suggested wine pairing. The PARMESAN AND HERB MARINATED TOURNEDOS were too salty - recommend the FILET MIGNON 8 OZ instead. We will definitely return soon to try something else, great service, wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Of The Best!DannyDined on 8/31/2014Capital Grill is always terrific. We went this time for Magical Dining. If you have never been here September is the time to go. They have a great menu for Magical Dining, the portions are generous. The salmon is great and the Kona crusted steak is divine. You cannot say enough about the mash potatoes you get with the meal! Our waiter David was really good. Enjoys his job and it shows. If you are going to do Magical Dining - this place needs to be on your short list!Special Features:
- Great experiencejohnybDined on 8/31/2014Top notch!!! First visit here, and we will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable experience!Luv2eatDined on 8/30/2014We visited for the 4th time this extraordinary restaurant. Perfect place to celebrate, have an excellent meal and drinks and then have a blast at the Improv Conedy Club! Chris, are server, was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille Magical DiningcravesandsavesDined on 8/30/2014Had an amazing dinner from start to finish. Our waiter was very attentive and welcoming. The food was outstanding as usual. We go every year for magical dinning as well as other times throughout the year. I can't afford to eat here as often as I like, but it's definitely worth the splurge when we do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, but not serviceLizMDined on 8/30/2014We dine here every trip to Orlando and the food usually never disappoints. Salads were disappointing this time. My husband and I ordered the same salad, but his ONLY had lettuce. Mine had a few tomatoes thrown in. Steak was excellent and sides too. Nice presentation and great dessert. This one time our server, JP, was not up to par with what we usually expect. Took way too long between main course and dessert- a good 15-20 minute wait. Then asked for our check and took way too long again and had to ask another server to get it. Thought he was a bit rude and condescending as if we had never dined in a nice restaurant before. He stated "this is an amuse bouche which you get in a nice restaurant."Special Features:
- great food and serviceloves2cookVIPDined on 8/29/2014outstanding service, delicious food, quiet intimate patio locationSpecial Features:
- Excellent ...RosieDined on 8/29/2014Food and service were fabulous. Well worth trying.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningDRC876VIPDined on 8/28/2014Great food and service. Can't say enough good things about Capital Grill. Looking forward to going back soon. (Got the Magical Dining option - great value as well!)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner to celebrate my birthday. Our waiter, Justin, made the evening so enjoyable. He was impeccably dressed, was a pleasant conversationalist, and met our every need.Special Features:
- great placesteveybigDined on 8/25/2014This place is a must if you're coming to Orlando.food was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderful!ajwaspoohDined on 8/25/2014Yet, again, we have walked out of Capital Grille with nothing but compliments! We LOVED the Generous Pour Wine Flight (only available until the end of Aug., I believe). Truly a unique, fun experience that added to our meal! Service, food, atmosphere all as expected. Elegant, refined - I cannot think of a single thing they could change. They know what they are doing and do it well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EgrrDined on 8/23/2014Big tables around us and it was loud. Service was not as great because she had 2 big tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my birthdayShandy61VIPDined on 8/22/2014My husband booked a table fro my birthday and i was made to feel so special from start to finish.Ecellent service and food and whilst not cheap it was worth very dollar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The sizeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014The dinner size was a little on the small size for what I payed the stake was good but the lobster was over cooked. Other then that a good date. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceRichdbbDined on 8/21/2014I just recently had lunch at the Capital Grille. On entering, some of my guests noted wine lockers for celebrities such as Shaq O'Neil. My group was seated immediatley. The waiter Charles was gracious and very knowledeable about the menu. The lobster bisque was to die for. The crab and lobster burger took me to another zone. On completion of the meal, I was quite surprised that the waiter wanted to shake my hand and thank me for dining with The Capital Griile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A celebrationluvtheviewDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I went with friends who were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. The staff was great - very attentive and the food was wonderful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014The dry-aged pepper-rubbed porterhouse was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Service!RyleesMomVIPDined on 8/8/2014Captial Grille at Pointe Orlando has some of the most exceptional service from their entire staff! They all go above and beyond to ensure you have everything you desire! Dave F. is the best and you should request him if you are looking for a personable and memorable dining experience. Nick the GM always stops at your table to show his appreciation for you coming in. The food is always above par and very consistent. This has become our favorite restaurant in Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- World class servicePaulTDined on 8/7/2014Very impressed by the level of service by staff and management. I reserved through Open Table and so my name was discoverable. Upon arrival at the restaurant and during service by the main wait staff member, I was addressed by name. A little thing, but shows attention to the details that make a dining experience memorable. The main wait staff member also knew the wine list cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cap GrilleCapgrilleVIPDined on 7/31/2014The food, service and ambience were incredible as always. This restaurant is top notch in every aspect. If you're going ask for Joel or Jay. They're awesome! The chef is animated and very talented, Nick the manager and David the asst mgr are very hands on and in tune with every customer. Not a better place in Orlando to go.Special Features:
- Great Group DinnerGroupDinnerDined on 7/30/2014We had a group of twelve and most of them were clients. We started with cocktails at the bar and were not rushed immediately to our seats. When we were seated, it appeared that no one was cramped. Anthony and Jen promptly introduced themselves to me and made some introductory recommendations for a group of our size. This is professional in my mind. The recommendations were received by the group. Everyone had a great meal and commented on everything from the food to the presentation to the service. My boss and I received much praise for the choice in restaurant and gave us a leg up with our customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service but...Jefo13Dined on 7/21/2014At least two of the steaks at the table were not good... However the service was of kingsI would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakMishaVIPDined on 7/20/2014As per usual my steak was undercooked. Sent it back to be cooked more, came out still undercooked . By that time was offered another steak to be cooked, but by the time it would have come to the table my family would have been done with their meals. This is what you do...steak. Get it cooked to the right temperature the first time.Special Features:
- great eveninggreatniteDined on 7/18/2014had a wonderful evening with another couple that are very good friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal!!!!!EatingismyhobbyVIPDined on 7/15/2014Great meal, in a great atmosphere... Service was above and beyond! Ask for Jay. He is awesome !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1140 reviews are from the The Capital Grille - I Drive reviews archive.
- Extremely DisappointedJanet1057Dined on 6/24/2014My colleagues and I decided to dine at Capital Grille based on an exceptional experience we had at another location. Unfortunately, this dinner is memorable for a different reason. The service was sub-par. Our waiter kept disappearing. We made multiple requests for everything from ice water to small plates to share the sides. Entrees were delivered before our salads were finished. Most of the entrees were cooked appropriately, however one steak was very chewy. A dinner at the Capital Grille can average $100 pp with a glass of wine an no dessert. For that money, I recommend you try one of the other fine restaurants in Orlando.
- Very nice dinnerElizabethDined on 6/24/2014It is not the first time I go to this restaurant and let me tell you, the food is always outstanding!!! Had a great time with my family and I recommend greatly this restaurant.Special Features:
- High quality yet priceyFLRxDined on 6/21/2014Delicious succulent Porterhouse and Filets prepared exactly to our liking. Don't miss the sauteed mushrooms (side) but pass on the truffle fries (bland). Our service was excellent with most professional yet warm genuine service. From salad to surprise birthday dessert- the night was most enjoyable. Add a decent wine or cocktails and a couple of side dishes- Capital Grille is very high-end but.. the quality is also. Save it for a special day!Special Features:
- DisappointedJamesVIPDined on 6/21/2014I have been to Capital Grill many times before. Most recent visit in Mid June was very disappointing with respect to seemingly declining overall food quality. I ordered their special of day, Bone in Filet for $60. Great meat indeed but if had no flavor - tasted like it came straight from a butcher bypassing the chef. Since I was on a date, I didn't return it or ask for money back. I just sufferedSpecial Features:
- Not worth the priceTeriroseVIPDined on 6/20/2014This is essentially a steak house, although there are other options. The cuts are excellent, but they are not seasoned well. Appetizers, side dishes, and alcoholic beverages are grossly overpriced. Within a couple of miles of this Capital Grille, there are better steaks--Ruth's Chris, Morton's, Fleming's, and the excellent local Vito's Chop House. If I leave a restaurant after spending $200 plus tip for a party of two, I should feel that I have had a memorable meal. This was not one. There is little of value here. As noted, better options abound in this part of town. We will not likely return.Special Features:
- Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/10/2014Food was great and sevice as well. Perfect location to discuss business over dinner.Special Features:
- Consistent excellenceDanMVIPDined on 6/5/2014Consistent excellence! Great food, great service as always.Special Features:
- cindiVIPDined on 6/1/2014The evening started out being a disaster. Everything that could have gone wrong did, including not getting our wine, wrong steaks delivered, out of many things. However, the manager, Dan, did his best to turn it all around. Our party of 7 wound up having a very nice dinner. The steaks were superb.
- Capital Grill Great Place To EatTheogeeDined on 5/20/2014We went to capital Grille or our 25th wedding anniversary. Got a very personal greeting. Food was great. Had a special dessert with champagne for us as well as a greeting card would definitely go back on the special occasion. Pricey but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always exceeds expectation!CourtneyVIPDined on 5/18/2014As usual you cannot go wrong dining at The Capital Grill. Impeccable food, service and quality. A great go to restaurant with a wonderful menu.Special Features:
- Excellent food & top notch service!TopNotchDiner516Dined on 5/17/2014This Capital Grille is by far one of the BEST restaurants I have ever visited! I will definitely done there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningdivaDined on 5/7/2014First time at this particular Capital Grille, service was very attentive in spite of the fact that it was very busy with large groups dining that evening. Would return on our next trip to Orlando. Jennie C. HoffmannSpecial Features: