The Capital Grille - I Drive
9101 International Drive, Suite 1000,
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - I Drive
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 4073704392x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am –4:00pm; Dinner: Monday– Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lounge: Open Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matthew Price
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - I Drive
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Capital Grille - I Drive - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
The Capital Grille - I Drive reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (121)notable wine list (90)romantic (78)fit for foodies (70)good for groups (64)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (18)neighborhood gem (16)late-night find (13)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- ConsistentDanMVIPDined on 4/12/2014As always, consistent, great service and food. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceAlexVIPDined on 4/11/2014It is lovely place for special occasions or for eating aloneSpecial Features:
- Perfect Birthday DinnerAmandaPDined on 4/11/2014We chose this restaurant for my birthday dinner based on a friend's recommendation. My husband had called ahead and made them aware it was my birthday. From the moment we walked in I was made to feel special. Our server was on point, his recommendations spot on and personality rocked. The food was amazing and the dessert was perfect. I can see us coming back for more special occasions.Special Features:
- Awful ReceptionCapitalTreasureDined on 4/10/2014Can someone tell me why they put snarky rude 20 somethings at the reception desk of a high end restaurant? We arrived with a reservation, a little early and three people (2 girls and 1 guy) were so cold and brusque. When we asked if there was a possibility of eating in the bar to shorten our wait, they told us "you can go look" - we told them to forget it. Your front desk is your first impression. GET A NEW ONE!
- Great FoodToriDined on 4/10/2014The steaks were amazing and cooked to perfection! Definitely one of the best in Orlando!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable Servicediner1VIPDined on 4/9/2014We were late 15 minutes for a 10 PM reservation, and even with the kitchen closing, they took us in. Then they delivered tremendous service. Great Team!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!!!JjeatsDined on 4/8/2014Everything was perfect!! Food was amazing and the service was top notch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/5/2014Not my favorite Capital Grille, and I've been to many.
- Another great Capital GrilleMaggieDined on 4/5/2014Another perfectly cooked, delicious steak. I have come to rely on the Capital Grille for excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BlissLRS411Dined on 4/5/2014Celebrated a milestone birthday for my wife, had flowers oredered and were on the table when we arrived with a card from the staff thanking us for celebrating with them. At the end of this spectacular meal, our server delivered a special desert with the plate stenciled in chocolate "Happy Birthday"! A nice touch, my wife was thrilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made for the TouristdiingdanVIPDined on 4/4/2014Was in town for a business meeting and ended up going here last minute for dinner. Being from Chicago, I frequent CG and have always been pleased, especially with the service. In this case, the service was really off, especially for a place like Capital Grille. Given a choice, I would not return to this location,
- Spring SpecialDrewDined on 4/4/2014The Spring special for $18 is an awesome deal. I took my two daughters there for lunch on a weekday. One had the lobster roll and the other ordered the seared scallops. Both were quite tasty. We plan on going back again today.Special Features:
- Always GreatDerbyCityGalVIPDined on 4/2/2014Every time we visit Orlando it's our can't miss it place to eat. Excellent salads, crab cakes and steak. Awesome wine, always something fun recommended that we haven't tried. Servers never miss a beat. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Perfection!JVPriceDined on 4/1/2014I chose Capital Grill for my 50th birthday celebration with my immediate family. Capital Grill did an absolutely beautiful job in every respect, and made my birthday so memorable. The food was amazing - we all had filet and it was perfection. Capital Grill surprised me with a hand-written card, and a long stem rose, two glasses of champagne, and a beautiful dessert plate - with coffee - all gratis. I was amazed. The service was excellent (Joseph Knox). Thank you so much Capital Grille for making my 50th perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect service, atmosphere & foodDanMVIPDined on 3/30/2014We met with a group of 6 for a business dinner. We requested a quiet location and CG more than met our request. We were seated in a private room with only a few other diners - perfect for in depth conversation. Our server, Justin V., went above and beyond! His suggestions for appetizers, wines, and desserts were all perfect and everyone had a great meal. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!UVharveyDined on 3/28/2014Great meal. Great food. Excellent service ! The perfect real Steak dining Place in all of Orlando!Special Features:
- Excellent food. We also hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2014Excellent food. We also had knowledgable service and attentive service. This was a client dinner, so the impression left by this restaurant was very positive and important to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GroupsOlitaDined on 3/23/2014A group of 10 were all satisfied. Excellent food and wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDinerDined on 3/21/2014We have eaten here before when in orlando & always had a great experience. This time our service was very slow & our server forgot to bring our side dish! But the food is good & it's such a treat for us northerners to eat on the lovely veranda, so we will probably try it again next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!Sabresfan716Dined on 3/20/2014My husband and I went on a whim and were pleasantly surprised. The food was amazing and the service is impeccable. If (no, I mean when) we return to Orlando we will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great ExperienceprincessaritaVIPDined on 3/16/2014As usual we had a lovely evening at Capital Grille. The food is excellent and the service impeccable. Our favorite fancy date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerluvmymanDined on 3/16/2014We chose The Capital Grill for our 40th anniversary dinner. We were delighted with the staff, service and food. Our table had rose petals on it and we were treated to a glass of champagne, an appetizer and dessert with "Happy Anniversay" written in chocolate on the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steak!AndQVIPDined on 3/16/2014Always a good setting with great service. Steak equally as good with a nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Orlando GemJrzgrlDined on 3/14/2014Amazing restaurant for that special night. The steaks are always perfect. We never miss this spot when in the Orlando area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for LunchPUptonDined on 3/12/2014Lunch was superb, both food and service. Not as busy or noisy as the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Orlando RestaurantRoyal1VIPDined on 3/11/2014Outstanding in every way except dress of some diners. Need to outlaw shorts, t-shirts and flip flops !Special Features:
- Great restaurant great serviceLarryGDined on 3/10/2014Really great staff really enjoyed the food and and a very nice environment highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flawless experienceMiavisitorDined on 3/8/2014The subject says it all. Very recommend great food and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing wine inventoryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014They have a great wine list but not inventory to match. All of my selections were either out or a different year so I had to settle for something that was just ok. They should update there wine list.Special Features:
- Great ambianceRichdbbDined on 3/8/2014As soon as you walk into the Capital Grille you know you are in for special treat, the lighting, the dark woods, and ask for Kerry for your service. Friendly, knowledgrable, and corteus. The steaks were deliver promptly. The appetizer with prosciutto and fresh mozzarella were to die for. But the home run was the flourless chocolate cake. Just one of the guests thought their steak was a bit chewy.... But probably the cig they chose. ExcellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceLinda421Dined on 3/7/2014The food at Capital Grille is consistantly cooked to perfection. Chef Matthew is always accommodating and his dishes are a masterpiece. The service is outstanding as usual, our first time with Alan Frankenberg as our server proved to be a true Capital Grill experience. Thank you Capital Grille for never disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable Service, Craveable FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/1/2014From the perfectly cleaned and shucked oysters for a starter, to the coconut cream pie for dessert, the experience was great. The Kona rub is my favorite and putting it on the filet makes it perfect for me. The service was impeccable, Mony did a great job. He was very knowledgeable about the food and wine. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!BeachbumDined on 3/1/2014We travel quite a bit for our business and when ever there is a Capital Grille close by.....we make it a point to dine there. Great place! Consistently well done no matter the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location for those stayingjetlagDined on 3/1/2014Great location for those staying at Orlando resorts. The Capital Grille never fails to serve outstanding steaks and seafood, provide excellent service and ambiance. A real treat for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Problems Resolved QuicklyLWW41Dined on 3/1/20145 of us were seated promptly at our reserved time. Menus, water & bread were quickly provided. Wine we selected came perfectly chilled. We thought it was going to be a wonderful dining experience. Unfortunately, my wife's Salad came with cheese; which was not mentioned by the waiter or menu. It was promptly removed but when waiter returned with replacement, it too had cheese as was prepared in the same bowl as the 1st salad. Promptly removed, we waited for our steaks. They came and were done to perfection and were delicious. But not "Bone-In" as promised / advertised. Waiter apologized; brought the Manager over who apologized for them dropping the ball and immediately removed the steaks from our bill! Appreciated the gesture immensely.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/20/2014A great place to eat! One of the best steaks I have ever eaten! Service was stellar and great drinks too!Special Features:
- Great serviceRobertVIPDined on 2/19/2014The experience was again very good - my clients had a great time & the food & service were excellentI would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodCindyDined on 2/18/2014The food was amazing. We took a prospective client who enjoyed the meal tremendously. The food is generously proportioned. The salads are large enough to be a meal in themselves, particularly the wedge, which turned out to be a full half-head of lettuce (where typically a wedge is only a quarter). The steaks are also generously sized as well as the Ahi Tuna and salmon. Be sure to order the lobster mac and cheese-it's their signature side dish and fabulous. The wait for us was particularly long because it was jam packed from a conference, but well worth the wait and also gave us the opportunity to have great conversation and discussion with our client. I highly recommend Capital Grille.Special Features:
- Great Dining Experienceemde75Dined on 2/15/2014While The food was great as well as service ( for the most part) it was a little too casual, border line too much. Towards the later part of the meal, server was seated a 6 top next to us, another two top and it seemed like he had tables outside his sections. Another server was jumping in to help, Again, we had a great time, service super friendly but needed a little more polish. Server very knowledgeable. a few managers on the floor , but didn't see any interactions with the guests.We will be back for sure. These are just some minor observations from someone who truly cares about the industrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Valentines experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Joel was as professional a waiter as you will find. He made some excellent food and wine suggestions and was very attentive even though the place was packed. The only down side was the 30 minute wait to get our car back from valet parking. Use the self park garage down the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.