Amici Ristorante - Richmond
3343 West Cary Street
Richmond, VA 23221Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Amici Ristorante - Richmond
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.amiciristorante.net/
- Phone: 8043534700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Carlo M. Gaione
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Amici has a private dining room for 30 to 40 people. Perfect for rehearsal dinners, business meetings, birthday parties, anniversaries or other social gatherings. We have semi-private dining for 16 people or 25 people also.
- Cross Street: Freeman & West Cary Streets
- Public Transit: GRTC transit stops two blocks west of Amici at the corner of Nansemond and West Cary Streets.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is parking on the street; parking across the street at Carytown cleaners after 6 pm; and also a public parking deck across the street between Crenshaw and Dooley streets.
A word from Amici Ristorante - Richmond
Mamma mia Amici!! Going on 20 years of business, Amici has been consistently recognized for its simple, Northern Italian cuisine with a twist. Recently redecorated, the ambiance is fresh and light, yet still as romantic as ever. Located in the heart of charming Carytown. "Our aim is for everyone to enjoy their experience so we can enjoy their smiles. This is the Italian way!" Welcome to Amici, Carlo, your host.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Amici Ristorante - Richmond - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Amici Ristorante - Richmond reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (12)notable wine list (10)romantic (9)great for lunch (8)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- This was our first visit andfinedinerDined on 7/12/2013This was our first visit and it was very satisfying. We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!kannloweVIPDined on 7/6/2013First time visiting and had a great time. The service was outstanding and the food was great! Can't wait to visit again!Special Features:
- Unprofessional ChefLegallyCorrectDined on 7/5/2013While ordering my bruschetta appetizer I asked the waitress if it would be possible to leave the mushrooms off. 5-10mins later she comes back to the table to inform me that "The Chef DECIDED" to charge an extra $1, because he had to "remake" the Bruschetta topping since I asked for no mushrooms. Excuse me, but if I'm paying for a meal, and I don't like something that comes on it, I don't see why I should be CHARGED to have a minor topping removed. For a place that prides itself on "Italian fine dining," the service is not up to par. Due to that tacky and baseless charge, I will not be back and I will tell others to stay far away as well. If I pay fine dining prices, I expect fine dining service and I did not receive that from the chef.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2013I have been dining at Amici since it first opened back in the early 1990's and I have to say my boyfriend and were quite disappointed on our most recent visit esp after the outstanding meal and service we had 2 months prior. Possibly it was what we ordered - 4 entrees with wine pairings with the food and wine left up to the chef to decide.. The service was very slow - we probably sat for 20 minutes after being seated when we told them we wanted to look at the menu. The pasta choice they brought us - the first course - would have been good except for being way too salty. The salad was good but a little on the skimpy side. The entrée - 6 shrimp with pasta - was once again , too salty. The dessert was the high point of the meal .Special Features:
- Quiet Early Dinner ...OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/28/2013A quick solo night out ... I appreciated being able to do a "half" Ruchetta Salad in addition to my favorite ... The Scottish Salmon with the White Balsamic and Pink Peppercorn Reduction. Focaccia was nice, but the breadsticks were stale. Servers were pleasant, accomodating and attentive. Surroundings were quiet out on the patio addition as it was early. I'm sure to be back when ready for the Salmon again. Highly recommend the Scottish Salmon ...
- My husband's lamb and my vealgivemeabreakVIPDined on 6/26/2013My husband's lamb and my veal scaloppini were divine! I also enjoyed the mozzarella/roasted red pepper and prosciutto appetizer. Great date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food , But...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2013The food was great as always. However, our attempt to get a hot cup of coffee to go with our desserts just wasn't to be. After telling the waitress that the coffee was cool, the second attempt was not much better. The service wasn't quite on par with our previous visits. They seemed stretched a little thin. Overall though, I wouldn't let these things stop us from going back, the food was excellent like it always is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful dinner ...OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/7/2013We had given them a break for a few months and decided to try back for a quick dinner before a movie. It was early, so it was quiet upstairs, but uncomfortably cold! My favorite salad, the Ruchetta, was good... but on this evening, outdone by the Salmon with the Pink Peppercorn White Balasamic Sauce. It was delicious!...and I now have a new favorite dish on their menu. My choices were better than my partner's, as his salad was adequate, a basic salad with tomato and onion, nothing special and his Pescatore entree yearned for some much needed starch, pasta perhaps. The breadsticks and focaccia with the white bean dip is always a nice touch. Our server was knowledgable and provided good service. We'll be back when it's time for Salmon again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2013We went with another couple and we all enjoyed our meals. Naturally the food had an Italian flare to it. The portions were more than adequate. The bread served before our dinner was rather blah. My pasta with shrimp and scallops was very good, my wife had homemade ravioli but was not heated enough, but flavorful. The side dish of spinach was excellent. Across from me was a pasta dish stained black from squid ink, unusual but my friend said it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceMadonnaDined on 6/3/2013From the first greeting, onefeels welcome, and knows that this is a special place. The service is warm, friendly and knowledgeable. The food is outstanding in taste an presentation. If you are looking for a place to celebrate a special occasion, this is it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot date.NickBDined on 5/25/2013If you need a nice romantic date this place is perfect! The seating is a bit close together but it's easy to get lost in your meal. I highly recommend stoping in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful DiningAnniversaryDined on 5/25/2013The service was excellent, and the evening was perfect for Amici. They opened the front windows so we could enjoy the cool of the evening. We started with salads. I had the Spinaci and Jacqui had a goat cheese salad not listed on the online menu. For the entre, Jacqui had the Bucatini all' amatriciana and I had a homemade fettucccinni with fresh tomatoes, garlic and pancetta. Both dishes were quite exceptional. I have never been disappointed by Amici.Special Features:
- The food is excellent andTasterDined on 5/25/2013The food is excellent and beautifully presented. The atmosphere is quiet for an intimate dinner, and the service is knowledgeable and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!NYDaveDined on 5/19/2013Amici is always a go to for us when we are back home in Richmond from NYC. They made it a very special night for our entire party during my girlfriends birthday. I would recommend Amici to anyone looking for a fantastic Italian meal and a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My prom group went to Amici'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2013My prom group went to Amici's this year, and we had an awesome time! The food was absolutely delicious! I had the Agnolotti alla panna since I am a vegetarian, and it was divine! The service was great and timely. The separate room for groups was perfect for large or small parties with it's very own bathroom. We loved our experience there and would recommend Amici Ristorante to anyone who wants Italian and to spend quality time with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place , the specialsglenallen1Dined on 5/10/2013Great place , the specials of the day were spot on and normal menu items were great too, got to sit in the front with the patio screen open so that was very cool, will try it again, the price is right for the type of food you get and the wine list was awesome though one of us cant drink for another five months or so :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood gem!RegularsDined on 5/4/2013This is a restaurant that I plan to visit every time I'm in Richmond! The black pasta with smoked trout and the cafe Italiano were especially notable. My son had the tagliata and enjoyed it as much as I did my pasta. Very friendly serving team and nice yet comfortable ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amici's is absolutly the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013Amici's is absolutly the best Northern Italian Food I've had. Great food, great service and Management is very accomodating, won't turn you away. Love it!!Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2013Excellent food and service. Just wish the wine list was not so pricey.Special Features:
- Family went to try Amici forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/22/2013Family went to try Amici for Restaurant Week - everyone thought the food was wonderful and we would most definitely go back. Service wonderful, too.Special Features:
- Great couples dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013It's been a while since we have dined here and we found the food "outstanding". As a matter of fact we are coming back this week,Special Features:
- You only live onceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2013Try it for yourself. I asked the server to inquire if the chef would make me an entree and appertizer that was similar but different than what was offered on the menu. The chef did a super job at making my food even better than I expected. He came to our table to see if we were enjoying our meal. We were delighted with the food quality and the service was the best we've had in a while. Grey waited on us very attentively! We will return again next week. Try it for yourself!Special Features:
- Little things leave a bad taste ...OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/7/2013We stopped in for a light meal and decided upon salads & to add chicken, but sadly there was not a piece of chicken to be had in the house! So, they allowed us to substitute salmon instead which worked out nicely. My favorite salad, the Ruchetta, has been inconsistent with the amount of dressing in the past, so knowing this, I asked for a little extra dressing when I placed the order which cost me an additional $2 for about a tablespoon, which I didn't know until I had paid the bill and found that to be a bit extreme. I should have asked for it "to go" since, of course on this evening, it had adequate dressing and I did not need the extra... Sevice was delightful and we enjoyed sitting on the screened in patio area on such a lovely evening.
- We had a wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013We had a wonderful dinner with friends that had never been to Amici before. All of the food and wine was delicious. It was a great night enjoying food & friends.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance, excellent menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2013Nice ambiance, excellent menu and food, great presentation entrée, knowledgeable and attentive waitstaffSpecial Features:
- A fantastic, vital ItalianJoJoBeanDined on 3/18/2013A fantastic, vital Italian restaurant in the Careytown area. We love it!Special Features:
- Excellent food, service, andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/17/2013Excellent food, service, and atmosphere. 'Amici' was everything we wanted it to be!Special Features:
- Not a value. Very expensiveMBizzleDined on 2/26/2013Not a value. Very expensive for an average meal. Lots of good places in this area which have better food & moderate prices.
- It's been better ...OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/26/2013We've dined here several times in the last few weeks and this was my least favorite visit. The Ruchetta Salad was just as good as before and actually was the best part of dinner. The special rockfish topped with lump crab in a tomato broth was flavorless except for the "fishiness" of the lump crab. The mashed potatoes disappeared into the watery tomato broth and the rockfish itself lacked any flavor, even salt. All in all, not the best visit. We'll give them a break and check back in a few months. Service was good.
- The restaurant is beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2013The restaurant is beautiful and the staff very attentive. The upstairs room was quite cold however; one needed a coat on. The appetizer and entrees were fantastic, but the salad was a disappointment; the tomatoes were awful. Stick to the specials! The entrees, homemade black pasta was great and the roast duck breast incredible. The appetizer, mussels, was exquisite! Just don't bother with a salad. We didn't order dessert or wine, so I have no comments there.Special Features:
- The white bean dip for theOpinionataDined on 2/24/2013The white bean dip for the bread in lieu of butter was wonderful (would love to have the recipe), as was my flash-fried shrimp, scallops, mushrooms and calamariSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed being back after soOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013Enjoyed being back after so many years. What took us so long?Special Features:
- Great Northern Italian restaurantIrisheyes826VIPDined on 2/23/2013Great Northern Italian restaurant in Carytown section of Richmond, VA - We had a very nice dinner and service was wonderful!Special Features:
- Enjoyed our visit ...OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/22/2013The Ruchetta Salad was quite nice with the apples and tarragon vinaigrette and my partner enjoyed his house salad. The evenings' special ravioli with the sausage, gorgonzola with the red pepper cream sauce sounded better than the actual execution. Not as flavorful as we had hoped. Our cocktails were adequate but nothing noteworthy or especially memorable. We'll be back though as it's local, close by and a nice change from everything else around town. Service was spot on for this visit! Thanks!
- Delicious but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2013We were the only two people in the restaurant from 11:45 to 1 pm. If you are going to be open for lunch, please consider lowering your prices to make it affordable for those of us who cannot afford to go at other times. Although I loved the restaurant, it is very expensive. Lunch should not cost over $65 for two people who had no alcohol nor dessert. With a tip, lunch was almost $80. Even with a $40 coupon, for which I spent $20, it was more than I expected.Special Features:
- A Richmond GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Excellent seafood and amazing homemade pasta. No pressure, friendly and professional service. A Carytown gem. Ethnic and sophisticated. Romantic without being pretentious. A perfect restaurant for a romantic date or entertaining out of town guests.Special Features:
- Fabulous place. Great chef.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/15/2013Fabulous place. Great chef. Wonderful salmon. Love it!!Special Features:
- Carlo and Chip serve up theMichaelDined on 2/14/2013Carlo and Chip serve up the best and most authentic food I've found outside of Italy. The Chef's choice menus with wine pairings are my favorite. I never leave hungry or disappointed.Special Features:
- Awesome food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013Awesome food and great service. Will definately returnSpecial Features:
- We were seated at a tableOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/8/2013We were seated at a table that was very cold due to a draft. Despite a reservation, we were seated in a corner upstairs at one of the most undesirable tables. The food was very average and overpriced for the quality.