Crepe Du Jour French Bistro
1609 Sulgrave Ave
Baltimore, MD 21209Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Crepe Du Jour French Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.crepedujour.com/
- Phone: 4105429000x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Amir Shrestha
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Crepe Du Jour French Bistro
The Crêpe Du Jour was established in 1997 by husband and wife team Mustapha and Donna Snoussi. They had just relocated to Baltimore after living in Paris, France and began their first business by opening an upscale kiosk in the outside atrium of The Village of Cross Keys where they sold crêpes, panini, salads and more. The business was a success and they had acquired the clientele needed which would later support them in the opening of their Mt. Washington restaurant in 2000. The restaurant has expanded with the opening of an all year round heated terrace. Crêpe Du Jour has been part of the "Zagat" restaurant guide since 2003 where they describe dining on the terrace on a long summer evening as "almost feeling like Paris". The owner is often present to greet the guests and assure the quality of the food is at its best.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Crepe Du Jour French Bistro - Best Restaurants in Mt. Washington ›
Crepe Du Jour French Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)great for brunch (16)fit for foodies (16)special occasion (12)great for lunch (11)romantic (9)great for outdoor dining (8)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (6)good for groups (4)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Mean to Moms on Mothers Day??!!??OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/12/2013We were about 10 min late to our brunch reservation on Mother's Day. I dropped my wife off at the door and I parked with my preschool aged son. Owner or manager gave my wife a hard time about being late and was trying to force us to sit outside (windy morning, only about 60 degrees). Wife refused to sit out in the cold, especially with our son. Place was only about half full at that time so I was expecting a huge rush at any time... It never came. I watched same guy give several groups a hard time about being a few minutes late ... All refused to sit outside, when seeing all the empty tables inside. CDJ has good food. The attitude of the restaurant on this special day overshadowed the good food.
- Excellent DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2013My fiancé and I went to Crepe Du Jour to celebrate an early Mother's Day dinner. It was so nice. The food was delicious - especially dessert! Our server was great in recommending items from the menu to try and was very attentive, but not intrusive. The restaurant was packed and we were seated in the corner near the kitchen. It was a bit cramped and very warm, that was the only downfall. We will definitely be back! It was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be so much betterhelenhartVIPDined on 4/22/2013From the outside, Crepe du Jour looks very inviting. Once inside though it's really dingy and dark. The menu is dated along with the decor. Their intention is good, as is their service. The quality of the food is not great because the ingredients are not top quality. The sweet crepes would be a lot more desirable if they were less gloppy. More is not always better. They should cut back their menu and do 20 things really well instead of 50 things so-so. It's still by far the best crepe place in Baltimore...at least they don't serve their crepes folded up in foil to steam the heck out of themselves like someplace else I know.
- This was the second weekendFrequentFoodieVIPDined on 4/21/2013This was the second weekend in a row that we dined at Crepe Du Jour. We are relocating to the area and are learning our way around. The lentil and shrimp soup is exceptional. Both hubby and I loved it. As for entrees, hubby ordered the salmon and I ordered the linguine with scallops, shrimp, and mussels. We were both delighted. We cannot imagine how either entree could have been improved. Although we do not yet know where we will live, one thing we know for sure is that we will be back to Crepe Du Jour many times!Special Features:
- Great food, Good service,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013Great food, Good service, a bit pricey. Good location.
- My husband and I happenedFrequentFoodieVIPDined on 4/14/2013My husband and I happened to be in the neighborhood and Crepe Du Jour came up on Open Table. We gave it a try and loved it. We both started with soup. I had the shrimp and lentil soup and hubby had the creamy potato soup. We both were pleasantly surprised by how delicious they were. As for entrees, hubby had the beef bourguignon and loved it. I had the Salad Auvergnate and it was just okay. I would not order it again; however, that is really more about my preferences than it is about anything the restaurant did. The couple sitting next to us ordered the same salad and both loved it, this prompting me to try it. I would definitely go back. I look forward to trying the beef bourguignon!Special Features:
- As ambiance is a french word-OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/28/2013As ambiance is a french word- Crepe du Jour has it all! A delightful French bistro which offers a menu magnifique far beyond its namesake. Go again and and again, and enjoy one of the many signature dessert crepes. Any with ice cream are to die for....Special Features:
- Had mussels with fries forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/26/2013Had mussels with fries for the first time and that is a very large dish! The mussels were okay but the fries were amazing! Had a salad and a savory crepe and was incredibly full. The times I'd been there previously my husband and I had split a salad, had our own entrees, and then split a dessert but since I was there with a group of women that wasn't possible and I ended up with WAY too much food. All good but a lot.Special Features:
- The food at Crepe Du JourOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/24/2013The food at Crepe Du Jour is beautiful - lovely combinations of flavor and fresh ingredients, cooked to perfection. My diniqng companions had the Croque Madame, Croque Nicois (a Croque Monsieur plus anchovies!), and Crepe Sicilienne. I had the Crepe Montagnarde - when I asked the waiter how to pronounce it properly, he had to look at the menu and then said "I have no idea - I have never sold that one before." I suppose he gets points for honesty! Luckily, whomever was in the kitchen was much more familiar with the dish and turned it out beautifully. A few of us shared Nutella crepe for dessert, which was luscious and satisfying. Shaky service, but delicious food.Special Features:
- MT. Washington GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2013One of my favorite places for reliably great food at very fair prices.Special Features:
- read review on trip advisorOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2013read review on trip advisor and had a very good meal.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/9/2013We enjoyed ourselves. The food was out of this world.
- Never a disappointmentSmartPakerLissaDined on 3/1/2013This was our 4th time dining at Crepe Du Jour and once again we were floored by the delectable aromas and flavors. We want to bring all of our friends to visit us just to try the amazing crepes! Cannot wait to go back! Ask for Scott as your server!Special Features:
- Always enjoy this neighborhoodSmaltimoreSueVIPDined on 2/27/2013Always enjoy this neighborhood gem, even when we don't get crepes. The mussels are great and the escargots, to die for!Special Features:
- Not only were the food andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/27/2013Not only were the food and atmosphere terrific, but also, other patrons (the tables are close), were friendly, but not intrusive. Lots of fun to be there.Special Features:
- I had a fun birthday partyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/26/2013I had a fun birthday party here on a saturday night. It was a bit cramped. I came back on a tuesday evening for a family event. It was quiet and intimate. What makes me love this place is the amazing tasty French food, excellent wines, and fun artistic decor.Special Features:
- When my party of four arrived,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013When my party of four arrived, we were seated and served drinks and appetizers very quickly. The appetizers and drinks were great and naturally, we were expecting the quality of food and service to be the same all night. Then began a 45 minute wait for our entrees - 3 crepes and 1 special. During the wait, several other diners who'd come in after us were served their appetizers, entrees, AND desserts. When our dinners did come, they were all over salted & in one case, under cooked. The desserts were delicious, but for the price and the wait, not delicious enough.Special Features:
- We were there on a SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013We were there on a Sunday evening for dinner and there was only one waitress for about 8 or more tables. We were expecting more attention, but it was impossible. My crepe was mainly salty smoked salmon and capers. I had unfortunate gastrointestinal effects the following morning.
- Excellent FoodKevinDined on 2/16/2013The food was excellent, with the savory crepes reminding me of our recent trip to France. The escargot appetizer was exceptional, and the cheese plate is large enough for two, as are the desert crepes. Seating is a bit crowded, definitely not the place for a romantic dinner. We will be coming back.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013The food was wonderful. The dinning room was adorable. The service was terrible. At one point I went looking for a server as we hadn't been given anything to drink after sitting down for 10 minutes. There was no one to be found but the one cook in the kitchen, which I didn't have the nerve to enter. At some point I believe the server heard me tell my fiance that it was unacceptable and things improved slightly. Not great but we did achieve drink refills.Special Features:
- We are regular patrons ofOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013We are regular patrons of Crepe Du Jour. The Bistro is a place to enjoy outstanding food and top shelf service. My wife and I most recently attended the Valentines Day celebration. It was simply "Magnifique" from appetizer to entre to finish ... it was truly an enjoyable experience. The service was friendly and prompt thus making the evening a perfect marrage of food and service. Well Done Crepe Du Jour!Special Features:
- Great food and service. ThePerlaCubanaVIPDined on 2/14/2013Great food and service. The $25 charge for no-shows who have made a reservation is annoying.Special Features:
- Outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/9/2013Our dinner was a suprising delight. Everything (well, except for the table next to us but that is not the restaurant's fault) was great. We can't wait to come back.
- utterly delicious foodFeinschmeckerVIPDined on 1/27/2013We must have hit a bad day with the restaurant. The food was outstanding, as usual. However, it took over 1-1/2 hours for our meal to arrive. Many other tables were seated and cleared before we even saw our food. Regardless, we will return, as we have experienced differently many times before.Special Features:
- incroyableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013ce qu'est un repas spectaculaire! le meilleur service à la clientèle. le parking était assez frustrant, mais je pense que c'est mes tonnes de lavage secret le mieux gardé.Special Features:
- A special night outBaltoJeffDined on 1/26/2013We first stopped here with our 11-year-old son and enjoyed it enough to come back without him. The food is wonderful, and the selections are quite wide considering the specialization in crepes. The service is quick and friendly without being overbearing. Parking in Mt. Washington is seldom easy, but Crepe du Jour is worth searching out a spot.Special Features:
- PongSynthmasterDined on 1/26/2013Great food and service. I went to this restaurant in Baltimore Restaurant Week. Selections were great and food quality was awesome. I do recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- NO SUSTITUTIONS!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2013They REFUSED to substitute a vegetable for pommes frites (French fries) which I am unable to eat, and charged for another vegetable!! This made us very angry, and I'm not sure if we wish to return under those conditions.
- Overall a nice meal with someOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/13/2013Overall a nice meal with some highlights and lowlights. The orange juice was phenomenal as was the hot cocoa. The quiche was well done. The crepes were just ok as the tomatoes used in the Crepe Norvegienne used were of low quality and mealy and the Crepe Flambe did not use fresh fruit but rather precooked apples and bananas which made the whole thing mushy.Special Features:
- This was our first time diningfoodnwinepassionVIPDined on 1/5/2013This was our first time dining at Crepe du Jour and we found it to be very good. It was our anniversary and were seated promptly by Laura. It was her first week on the job and she was trying very hard. First wine selected: not available. Brought out the second choice, wrong bottle. The owner came over and we had a nice conversation. He recommended another Bordeaux. As I tasted it there was clearly a problem--he tasted it too; his face told the story. He brought us another bottle and moved us to a quieter section. Laura came with us and was superb the rest of the evening. The food here is terrific--lots of choices. When mistakes are made and corrected quickly it is a show of quality and desire to please. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great food. Service ok, butElboDined on 1/4/2013Great food. Service ok, but there's place for improvement. Waitress seemed overwhelmed, failed to tell us about the specials, etc. Great experience overall, will definitely come back.Special Features:
- I suppose many people comeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/21/2012I suppose many people come for the crepes, but not us. On our most recent visit, we shared fantastic mussels as a starter. The restaurant has four different preparations for them. They come with French bread and (surprise) a huge side of pomme frites!! Delicious. Entries were trout for one of us and salmon for the other. Both were nicely sauced and sat on a bed of perfect rice and spinach. Knowledgeable owner/chef on site most nights. A cosy charming spot. We go there frequently, are always at home and always have a lovely meal. Reliable, charming, low key, very good food. Go.Special Features:
- Drink before (or after) you goOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2012The food and service were excellent. Unfortunately, the price charged for a mixed drink was outrageous. My drink almost cost as much as my main entree. Shameful! Definitely go there for the food but whatever you do, don't order a cocktail unless you want to be majorly ripped off.Special Features:
- juppeats1starjuppeatsVIPDined on 12/8/2012Although the place was cute, this is one of the first times an Opentable place was really disappointing. The only satisfied guests got eggs Benedict. However, the other 3 of us got crepes since that's the main reason we went to this place. We all had savory crepes that came with a large drizzle of balsamic vinegar over them. This made each bite sour since there was nothing to balance the tartness of the vinegar.All our crepes had mushrooms in them. The mushrooms were basically raw and flavorless. I had a crepe that was to have chicken, but found little meat. The cheese crepes had too little cheese or any sauce, so also lacked any substance or good flavor. Crepes themselves were more like tortillas in thickness.Disappointing overall.
- This place is great. It'seaterouterDined on 12/1/2012This place is great. It's more than a crepe place. Duck confit was superb, and the crepes are fabulous. They even have a gluten free option that is good! It was our second time here, and there will be many more visits to Crepe de Jour.Special Features:
- Food is great. We neededAndyDined on 11/30/2012Food is great. We needed to be in & out quickly (under an hour) to get to a show. No problem.Special Features:
- Amazing Birthday dinner!SmartPakerLissaDined on 11/27/2012We'd only ever been to Crepe du Jour for dessert so we were extremely excited to dine there for my birthday. The restaurant did not disappoint one bit! Everything, from the carrot/ginger soup with shrimp to the Marie Antoinette crepe to the Dessert crepe Valentine were superb! The server was very nice and it's always nice to see the owner welcoming you. I can't wait to go back! I've been telling everyone I know that they need to dine there.Special Features:
- The setting is splendid,aOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/27/2012The setting is splendid,a very French Bistro feel.Food was not up to par the Trout was dry although the sauce was excellent,the snails were rubbery and the garlicc butter was mild.I really think the regular chef was off on Tues night,We would go back to give it another chanceSpecial Features:
- My friend and I were unableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2012My friend and I were unable to go to Crepe Du Jour. The owner of Mt. Washington Tavern told the valet to not park any cars other then his customers with reservations. There was zero parking in the village. It is also rumored that he told the Baltimore City police to police the Light-Rail parking lot. No one uses the Light Rail, except on game nights, after 7 pm, especially the Mt. Washington stop. No one was able to eat at any of the other restaurants in the village. The Tavern owner is extremely selfish. These restaurants helped him out when his Tavern conveniently burned down. They hired some of his staff and bought tv's to host ball game nights. I feel sorry for the owner and staff at Crepe Du Jour. DO NOT GO TO THE TAVERN!
- A neat little place in Mt.NnmathteachVIPDined on 11/3/2012A neat little place in Mt. Washington. The crepes are large and excellently prepared with fresh ingredients. One member of our party did not order crepes and ordered a seafood/pasta dish. It was excellent also. The dessert crepes are very good also. We were very pleased with our overall experience.Special Features: