Rosa Mexicano- South Beach
1119 Lincoln Rd.
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Rosa Mexicano- South Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: 3056951005x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Jordan Marano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Regardless of your party size, Rosa Mexicano is the perfect venue to offer your guests a creative, upscale experience that few restaurants can match. We offer a full range of catering options: buffet stations, pre fixe menus, family style menus, passed hors d"oeuvres, etc. We also offer off-premise catering for groups of all sizes. For Large Party Reservations, please contact our Catering Manager, Sophie Ball for more details at 212.397.0666 x40 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: On special occasions, we have guest musicians and/or mariachis present to heighten the festive atmosphere. Please contact the restaurant directly with questions.
- Special Events: Happy Hour at our Cantina Bar- Daily, 4-7pm . Half-price select cocktails and appetizers will make you very happy for much more than an hour.
FESTIVAL DE HELADOS | JULY 31-AUG 24
Desserts inspired by classic savory dishes such as guacamole, tamales and empanadas, and paired with handmade ice creams and sorbets infused with Mexican flavors ranging from prickly pear to chili-spiced chocolate.
A word from Rosa Mexicano- South Beach
Our newest Miami restaurant is located in the heart of South Beach in Miami at 1111 Lincoln Road in the architecturally striking new Herzog & de Meuron-designed building. Rosa Mexicano delivers authentic Mexican cooking in an accessible, stylishly festive atmosphere. Rosa Mexicano's menu features a range of award-winning signature dishes, including our Guacamole en Molcajete, in a traditional lava rock mortar. Described by Time Out New York as "green ecstasy in a stone bowl," it is prepared table side and served with house made chips, warm corn tortillas and condiment salsas. Rosa Mexicano is also known for the Frozen Pomegranate Margarita. For this vibrant city we’ve created a welcoming contemporary design, featuring a casually chic dining room with floor to ceiling windows and a travertine bar. Our patio area provides the perfect spot for al fresco dining and people watching.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosa Mexicano- South Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (17)hot spot (17)good for groups (16)great for outdoor dining (13)special occasion (12)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (8)neighborhood gem (8)romantic (6)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Decent mexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2011Good guacamole but was disappointed we didn't get a true pice do gallo type salsa for the chips too, only a verde and smoky brownish red salsa weren't great! Mole sauce was good. Nice decor cute waiters good margaritas. I would go for the bar and eat at te bar next time.Special Features:
- Now I enjoy Mexican Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2011I never cared for the heavy cheese-laden "Mexican" food served at restaurants. Rosa Mexicano changed me forever! This is great food, fresh, tasty, and a varied menu!
- Rosa Mexicano is always great.DnaiDined on 8/4/2011Rosa Mexicano is always great. The Guacamole is a must and the chicken enchiladas were amazing!Special Features:
- Mercadito ROX !this place overratedgrayyakVIPDined on 7/16/2011I'd earlier written Mercadito was much better,but decided to give this place another chance. I was right to begin with. food at Mercadito fresher both in approach & flavor. and OMG !!!! the service here was agonizingly slooooooow!Special Features:
- Second time to this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/9/2011Second time to this restaurant. No complaints! Their table side guac is delicious. Love the steak and chicken fajitas and how they come with the rice and corn on the side, so delicious! Drinks are strong, to the point where I don't remember half of my meal... only drawback is that you often have different people bringing the drinks, taking your order and delivering your food. Can be confusing. And some don't speak English very well. But next time I am Miami I will eat there and they should open one in Boston!!Special Features:
- New to SoBe, on Lincoln Rd,KurtDined on 7/3/2011New to SoBe, on Lincoln Rd, Rosa Mexicana has a delicious menu, great ambiance, friendly service and at a great price (for the beach). Also try their location in tje Mary Brickell area too! One of our favorite places for Mexican Cuisine. Try the chicken tortilla pie ... my favorite!Special Features:
- Good food, crowd varies...DemandingMaxVIPDined on 7/3/2011Depending on the time of the day, filled with Lincoln Road/SOBE tourists or locals (later in the evening). Attracts an eclectic crowd, from grossly obese to hot South Beach men and women. Service is consistently attentive. Drinks are well prepared. Not inexpensive, but portion sizes are larger than expected. The pork loin chop is super - have had it twice and highly recommend. Skip dessert and go elsewhere. Can be long wait even with a reservation...Special Features:
- South Beach Rosa MexicanoOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/21/2011Rosa Mexicano South Beach service is by far substandard than the one at Mary Brickell Village. The staff at south beach is not not professional as Rosa Mexicano's standards. It is typical of many south beach restuarant staff which tends to lack attention to detail and indifference to customer's expectations.Special Features:
- Great Drinks. Quality FoodDemandingMaxVIPDined on 6/19/2011First it was a great feeling not to be rushed in a Lincoln Road South Beach restaurant, especially on a busy Sunday night. Drinks ( margaritas) were strong and well prepared. Worth the $17 each. Menu is comprehensive. The pork shank was huge and tasty. Will return here.Special Features:
- Terrific guacamole....andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2011Terrific guacamole....and drinks! Although they tend to be pricey!
- margarita's need improvementmiamispiceVIPDined on 6/12/2011Food was very good but pricey and margaritas were poor, out of a machine not acceptable really....Special Features:
- The service was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2011The service was excellent, and the food was good, but not great. Overall, it was expensive, and while good, may not be worth the price.
- Terrible service on a WednesdaydmvcwdVIPDined on 6/1/2011Terrible service on a Wednesday evening and they weren't that busy.Special Features:
- Food was nothing special.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/1/2011Food was nothing special. Trying to sell $14 guacamole and expensive drinks.
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/29/2011We made a reservation on Sunday evening at 9:00, and it was still crowded. But we had one drink while table was getting ready, and dinner was excellent. Server was knowlegeable withmenu, and we all enjoyed our drinks, margarita, sangria by baby pitcher were so tasty. If you are going as a group, you can order big pitcher too. We had a very presant evening!Special Features:
- Ignore the Nudnicks. Eat here.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/23/2011Most reviewers on O.T. are amateurs so ignore the nudnicks who don't know the difference between a taco and a chamorro. Rosa is one of the few places on Lincoln where the food and drink is excellent, reasonably priced (remember this is a tourist zone) and you don't put up with the usual SoBe auto-tip on your bill non-sense. A few of the amazing dishes include the tortilla soup, flautas, boudin de pollo, tablones, and the chamrrro--my personal favorite. Wash it down with a few "la clasica" margaritas and you'll be in heaven. After sorely missing one of the best Mexican restos back in Seattle (El Camino), I can say that Rosa's arrival in SoBe has made paradise even better.Special Features:
- Service needs improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/22/2011Food is really good, nicely presented and the guacamole remains their star. I like the tacos, all the little side dishes and their cocktails. Nice ambience. Rather noisy on the inside. Don't expect much from the service. The hostess was rather rude and the waiters seemed in a terrible hurry all the time. Two drinks we ordered during dinner never showed up.Special Features:
- I went with my husband andIleana729Dined on 5/21/2011I went with my husband and a group of friends and we thought it was too loud, unorganized, and not worth it. The food was not terrible- the guacamole was actually pretty good. But everything else was really spicy, even things that claimed not to be spicy at all. Our waiter was not attentive- he took 15 minutes just to come over to the table! He second guessed everything we tried to order, leaving us confused as to what we should get. There are so many better Mexican restaurants in Miami, so this is definitely one place we will not be going back to.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2011I definitely recommended the Guacamole. They prepared the Guacamole right in the spot in front of you.Special Features:
- Server was hard to track down,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2011Server was hard to track down, and he spoke so fast I had no idea what he said. Food was delicious. Guacamole was only fair and there wasn't much for the price.Special Features:
- Food is fantastic! Gave itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2011Food is fantastic! Gave it 4 stars instead of 5 only because had reservation at 10, didn't seat us till 10:20 not Really a problem but this is why I use opentable.com.Special Features:
- We were amazed, and very,SoBe123Dined on 5/5/2011We were amazed, and very, very pleased, that on cinco de mayo our table on the terrace was ready when we arrived for our reservation. The service was even better than the first time we dined at Rosa. And the food is certainly gourmet Mexican. A very vibrant and fun experience.Special Features:
- Food OK -but the wine orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2011Food OK -but the wine ordered had not arrived before we had finished our meal! Apologies were offered, as well as free Margaritas - which then appeared on our cheque! More apologies - but I know that my wife, and our guests, it was their first time in Florida, would have preferred having wine with the meal.
- home-made guacamole was totraind57Dined on 5/1/2011home-made guacamole was to die for. didn't do flights of tequilla but that may happen next time in town.Special Features:
- The food is outstanding. AMikew19VIPDined on 4/27/2011The food is outstanding. A great fun place to go. On our last visit the service was very distant which detratcted from the total experience.
- very crowded and noisy butOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/22/2011very crowded and noisy but food and service were fine, and, most important, the reservation was honored on time!Special Features:
- No one came over to ask if we we okOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/22/2011I've been a Rosa Mexicano fan since they moved to Miami . The flavors are distinct and of course the ambience is always inviting . Unfortunately, my experience this particular time was the best. The server that day not having a good day ( we all have our ups and downs) and was not in a friendly mood -- to the contrary- looked rather upset . Because we were celebrating my brothers birthday , I felt it necessay to stay upbeat and ignore the negative vibe. The next part to are night was rather unusual ..... We were getting ready to order dessert and the table top literally fell off the base!? The busboy quickly came over and moved us to another table., and I saw two screws on the floor that had evidently fallen ( or were purposely) removed??Special Features:
- Th service was horrible, ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2011Th service was horrible, our drinks took almost 30 min to come, the appetizers and entrees idem. It was supposed to be a quick lunch since we all needed to come back to work, and we took more than 2 hours!!
- Loud, lacking in intimateOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/19/2011Loud, lacking in intimate ambiance. Food was ok. Drinks were good.
- Service was ok, sometimesmarlonflVIPDined on 4/17/2011Service was ok, sometimes the waiter takes to long to come outside and check customers... I had to wait a while for water and tortillas replacement.Special Features:
- Great food.. recipes thatHate2Dined on 4/12/2011Great food.. recipes that you can only find in Mexico, now available here as well.Special Features:
- Terrific addition to LincolnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2011Terrific addition to Lincoln Road....great addition right across the street from the theater multiplex....Special Features:
- Delicious food, good drinks.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/3/2011Delicious food, good drinks. make sure you make a reservation and I recommend the fajitas and chicken tacos!!Special Features:
- Our group of 8 went for aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/1/2011Our group of 8 went for a birthday celebration to Rosa Mexicano - it was awesome! The kids had good choices on the kid's menu and the adults enjoyed the wonderful pomegranate margaritas. A great time was had by all - the service was pretty awesome as well. Our food came out quickly and it tasted great!Special Features:
- New entry in this well-establishedFoodieVIPDined on 3/27/2011New entry in this well-established chain. Food is good as in most of their restaurants. Because it just opened, they are experiencing growing pains but will work it out. Food consistent-servers really try.Special Features:
- Great addition to the SouthOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2011Great addition to the South Beach scene! Great traffic....great people watching!Special Features:
- The Guacamole is a must; trymarlonflVIPDined on 3/16/2011The Guacamole is a must; try to make a reservation, waiting can be long.Special Features:
- I don't see how this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2011I don't see how this restaurant will make it once the tourists go away. Served red wine in a hot glass. Taco dinner was virtually inedible, very difficult to manage putting the tacos together without making a mess.
- Love Rosa Mexicana. HavingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/13/2011Love Rosa Mexicana. Having often been to the original in NYC in the 90's and for the last few years to the location in Mary Brickell Village we know how these restaurants function. The nice South Beach location has some work to do however to become the consistent machine the downtown location is. During most touch points (hostess, waiting for table, service, exit) the interaction is a bit rough. On both our visits we had to wait quite a bit while arriving on-time for our reservation. The reception is a bit chilly - we also were not thanked when we left. Service, very good in MBV, needs work here. Maybe the guacamole cart system needs to be changed to the MBV format? Also look into the soft tortillas please.Special Features:
- claudia was our serverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2011claudia was our server amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great food fun time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features: