Rosa Mexicano- South Beach
1119 Lincoln Rd.
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Rosa Mexicano- South Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: 3056951005x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Jordan Marano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Regardless of your party size, Rosa Mexicano is the perfect venue to offer your guests a creative, upscale experience that few restaurants can match. We offer a full range of catering options: buffet stations, pre fixe menus, family style menus, passed hors d"oeuvres, etc. We also offer off-premise catering for groups of all sizes. For Large Party Reservations, please contact our Catering Manager, Sophie Ball for more details at 212.397.0666 x40 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: On special occasions, we have guest musicians and/or mariachis present to heighten the festive atmosphere. Please contact the restaurant directly with questions.
- Special Events: Happy Hour at our Cantina Bar- Daily, 4-7pm . Half-price select cocktails and appetizers will make you very happy for much more than an hour.
FESTIVAL DE HELADOS | JULY 31-AUG 24
Desserts inspired by classic savory dishes such as guacamole, tamales and empanadas, and paired with handmade ice creams and sorbets infused with Mexican flavors ranging from prickly pear to chili-spiced chocolate.
A word from Rosa Mexicano- South Beach
Our newest Miami restaurant is located in the heart of South Beach in Miami at 1111 Lincoln Road in the architecturally striking new Herzog & de Meuron-designed building. Rosa Mexicano delivers authentic Mexican cooking in an accessible, stylishly festive atmosphere. Rosa Mexicano's menu features a range of award-winning signature dishes, including our Guacamole en Molcajete, in a traditional lava rock mortar. Described by Time Out New York as "green ecstasy in a stone bowl," it is prepared table side and served with house made chips, warm corn tortillas and condiment salsas. Rosa Mexicano is also known for the Frozen Pomegranate Margarita. For this vibrant city we’ve created a welcoming contemporary design, featuring a casually chic dining room with floor to ceiling windows and a travertine bar. Our patio area provides the perfect spot for al fresco dining and people watching.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosa Mexicano- South Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (17)hot spot (17)good for groups (16)great for outdoor dining (13)special occasion (12)vibrant bar scene (10)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (8)romantic (7)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great food, fresh guacamoleMansterDined on 12/26/2012Great food, fresh guacamole made at your table is a nice touch.Special Features:
- More like Rosa MexigotyouOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/25/2012Very disappointed with everything at this venue. From the taste of the food, to the prices charged, to the loud disorganized way it is run I can not recommend this place. Many better places to choose from in Sobe.
- So so Mexican foodCatherineDined on 12/7/2012So so Mexican food, mole drowned enchilada, no or very little crab meet, plenty of open tables even though it said it was the only time open for RSVP, the place was empty an s remained empty an hour and a half later...obviously pushing dinners into early reservation spots. Wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Why would a server bring outemceeVIPDined on 12/6/2012Why would a server bring out our table's entrees at the same time as the appetizers? In Miami, nobody cares. Perhaps they do it better back in New York.
- The food was excelent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2012The food was excelent as always but what stood out was the friendliness of the staff.Special Features:
- Food was not up to standardsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/18/2012Food was not up to standards we appreciate, a better place for LUNCH !! Dinner portions were very smallSpecial Features:
- A favorite of mine when travelinghjhoosierDined on 11/17/2012A favorite of mine when traveling to Miami. I have never been disappointed with the food and I love the ambiancecSpecial Features:
- Magnificent Mexican MagicSteveVIPDined on 11/11/2012Rosa continues to be my favorite Mexican restaurant not only in South Beach but in all of Miami. The food is exceptional and the service is impeccable. My guests from Brazil were very happy with their culinary experience.Special Features:
- RM The Best: Hands Down & Forks UpSteveVIPDined on 10/30/2012RM continues to be our favorite restaurant in Miami Beach. The food is always fresh, colorful and creative. Service is unparalleled by any other establishment in the area, and the dining experience is always extremely pleasant. Congratulations to Deb for excellent management and to Ivan for his stellar service as our waiter.Special Features:
- The food and the service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012The food and the service was great. The only thing I didn't like was that it was too expensive for the little bit of food they bring out. They charge $14 for Guac that you could make at home for no more than $5. Other than the small portions and the high price, I had no other issues.Special Features:
- Look elsewhere for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/19/2012Since they changed the menu a few months ago, this place has gone way downhill. There are a ton of fantastic restaurants in SoBe.....eat at those, instead.
- This place is great. The staffOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/12/2012This place is great. The staff is very nice and helpful, they have a large variety of Gluten Free items.Special Features:
- Miami Rosa- I'd go back againOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2012Not a grand hello when our party entered the restaurant. We actually asked the guac maker upfront if our table was ready (thinking she was the hostess). Ambience at NYC Rosa blows Miami away. Food was good. Server was ok. They should warn people about their floors. Each girl in our party almost wiped out at least twice.
- We enjoyed the place and food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2012We enjoyed the place and food. We sat out side with my puppy which was very nice. The only reason why I was disappointed on the service was because it was my mothers bday. I had made the reservation online and noted it under special requests. When I arrived there I confirmed with the hostess that they got the message and she said yes, that they usually just put a candle on top of some dessert or something so I though ok that's nice that will make her feel special and being that mom loves sweets. However, they never did anything special for her I didn't even order her dessert since she said they would bring something out with a candle for her bday. We kept waiting and waiting I thought oh maybe when he brings back the check, but no. :(Special Features:
- This stylish New York CityDouganandaVIPDined on 9/29/2012This stylish New York City transplant was one of the first US restaurants to focus on genuinely authentic Mexican cuisine, as distinct from the more familiar Tex-Mex commonly offered. The formula of this now coast-to-coast high end chain is a festive rather glamorous decor with very good food and EXCELLENT made-to-order-table side guacamole. The drinks are strong and the crowd loud. It's fun for all age groups,.Special Features:
- Food was average at best.mediocreVIPDined on 9/29/2012Food was average at best. It is in a very nice location, great for a casual outing.Special Features:
- Food was good. I think dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/25/2012Food was good. I think dishes need an extra kick to make them outstanding. The service was quite good. The restaurant at Brickell seems to have better prepared dishes and a more vibrant atmosphere. Next time I'm in the area, I will probably be back if I am craving tacos.
- Top Quality RestaurantSteveVIPDined on 9/22/2012Creative, excellent culinary delights combined with fantastic, efficient service.Special Features:
- One of my favorites!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/15/2012This is an exceptional restaurant -- I picked it for my birthday dinner! The food is imaginative, and flawlessly prepared. The table-side guacamole can't be missed! If I was pressed for a criticism, it would be that it can get somewhat noisy, but that is unavoidable in a restaurant of this popularity.Special Features:
- A bad experienceGreatVIPDined on 9/13/2012A bad experience. Although the staff is friendly their service skill could use some improvement. The place has changed since our previous visit. The food took for ever and they brought out the wrong dishes when the food arrived. One had to ask for water, ice, water was warm, they took for ever. Very few places I have gone to that left without tipping.
- Great food, friendly service,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2012Great food, friendly service, affordable, we all had a jolly timeSpecial Features:
- It was nice to finally visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012It was nice to finally visit a rosa Mexicano. Wish the entrees were better. Table side guacamole and crispy tacos were good as well as the pomegranate margarita. The entrees on the table.. Vegetable enchilada and shrimp over rice we're ok, nothing spectacular and actually too much citrus. Would go back for drinks and apps.Special Features:
- The table prepared guacamolejetset305Dined on 9/3/2012The table prepared guacamole is delicious! Great entree and drinks selection. Service provided by Amber was TOP NOTCH!!! Good value for your money. Definitely going back soon.Special Features:
- We were v disappointed withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2012We were v disappointed with our food except the guacamole which was fantastic. Our main meal was bland & tasteless, and not worth what we paid for the meal.Special Features:
- The quality of food was notOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2012The quality of food was not as good as what I have had during restaurant week in NYC. Not so much the size of the meal, but the actual meal itself. TheTortilla soup in NYC was so much better as well as the fish tacos, they looked like frozen fish fingers.
- Hi Host was not at herOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2012Hi Host was not at her post. Took lomger than 5 mins to greet us Guacamole perfect Service ok Tecate old. Flat. Almost room temperature Chicken enchiladas were flavory but were served warm. Even the mole sauce. Re-ordered and server graciously brought new plate. Mole sauce very good. Perfect blend of chile spice , chocolate and fruity Still 2nd meal was not hot enough Good ambiance Rate overall average Not as as good as previous experience. May not recommend again Regards
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2012Outstanding food and service. At lunch the place was vey quiet because no many customers around but I could imagine at dinner with possibly outstanding ambiance as well. Very big portions and good quality. They brought the appetizers and main dishes at the same time to our table which created a bit of confusion and shortage of space. The check is compliant with the quality of the food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- Guacamole was made fresh atMarcDined on 8/19/2012Guacamole was made fresh at table in a volcanic stone mortar. It had a good, fresh taste (they use Haas avocados, but I've had better. Chicken enchiladas and cheese fondue with chorizos were both quite tasty, and the fish tacos were delicious. Dessert (tried both cinnamon/coffee flan & plantain torte w/chocolate) was good, but not exceptional. All in all, a good place to go on a Sunday afternoon with friends.Special Features:
- Food was delicious and theLizKDined on 8/1/2012Food was delicious and the waiter was great! So was the lady that did the guacamole! I would highly recommed to go if you're in the South beach area!!Special Features:
- Amber's first night as a serverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2012Amber's first night as a server there and she did a great job. Convinced us to get the guacamole and we don't regret it. I was disappointed with the beans, but happy with the rest! She definitely brought her high class skills as a server from her previous place of employmentSpecial Features:
- Great Mexican in SOBEOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/28/2012Great food! Must try the guacomole! Its their signature appetizer and they make it tableside- cool experience! Going back for my friend's bday :)Special Features:
- All your favourites with a twistAnnaDined on 7/17/2012Fresh guacamole.. YUM! Head spinning pomegranate margaritas.. the bomb! Perfect venue to get your Mexican fix!
- The 3 Rosa Mexicanos in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/15/2012The 3 Rosa Mexicanos in NYC are absolutely fantastic; some of the best authentic Mexican food with a flair, but the Miami was severe lacking in comparison. The food was TERRIBLE. I went for brunch and the typically delicious guacamole had absolutely no taste due to poor quality of avocados and lack of seasoning. The mole was also horrific, too sweet, not spicy at all. I had eggs with pork belly, and the pork belly was literally only fat. I know it's a fatty meat, but it should have SOME meat. I would never come back to this place
- Nice restaurant. Service wasFoodieX4VIPDined on 7/10/2012Nice restaurant. Service was very good. Energetic place, especially as the evening progresses. Two things--when we asked for spicy guacamole, table side, still a bit bland. My husband ordered a specialty beer drink, nothing extraordinary, it didn't come, even though my wine came, and we waited and waited. Finally, the waiter, who seemed annoyed, said they didn't have the particular beer to make the drink. LOL! Never heard of a bar not having beer. It was a chuckle moment, our waiter seemed more annoyed than us Good service, decent food, OK wine list.Special Features:
- We had a great meal! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/7/2012We had a great meal! The Helote corn is amazing and the sangria was perfect. My mole sauce was good but could have used more spice and my husband's steak tacos were delicious! The chips were not great but the salsa was good. Our server was really friendly, knowledgable and attentive.Special Features:
- Their famous guacamole isNonameaterVIPDined on 6/15/2012Their famous guacamole is fit for one person. Their frozen pomegranate margarita is small. Not in a 'fun' glass to match the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Excellent food! Great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012Excellent food! Great service. I really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Favorite spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2012One of my favorite places! It was first on our list of places to eat when we came back to Miami.Special Features:
- Very expensive for a unpersonalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/15/2012Very expensive for a unpersonal service and food with caring, felt it was a frozen food out of a microwave.
- A raving good time at Rosa MexicanoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Colton, our server was EXCELLENT! He had a very fun personality and was excellent at his job! Food was delicious!Special Features: