Rosa Mexicano- South Beach
1119 Lincoln Rd.
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Rosa Mexicano- South Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: 3056951005x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Jordan Marano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Regardless of your party size, Rosa Mexicano is the perfect venue to offer your guests a creative, upscale experience that few restaurants can match. We offer a full range of catering options: buffet stations, pre fixe menus, family style menus, passed hors d"oeuvres, etc. We also offer off-premise catering for groups of all sizes. For Large Party Reservations, please contact our Catering Manager, Sophie Ball for more details at 212.397.0666 x40 or email@example.com
- Entertainment: On special occasions, we have guest musicians and/or mariachis present to heighten the festive atmosphere. Please contact the restaurant directly with questions.
- Special Events: Happy Hour at our Cantina Bar- Daily, 4-7pm . Half-price select cocktails and appetizers will make you very happy for much more than an hour.
FESTIVAL DE HELADOS | JULY 31-AUG 24
Desserts inspired by classic savory dishes such as guacamole, tamales and empanadas, and paired with handmade ice creams and sorbets infused with Mexican flavors ranging from prickly pear to chili-spiced chocolate.
A word from Rosa Mexicano- South Beach
Our newest Miami restaurant is located in the heart of South Beach in Miami at 1111 Lincoln Road in the architecturally striking new Herzog & de Meuron-designed building. Rosa Mexicano delivers authentic Mexican cooking in an accessible, stylishly festive atmosphere. Rosa Mexicano's menu features a range of award-winning signature dishes, including our Guacamole en Molcajete, in a traditional lava rock mortar. Described by Time Out New York as "green ecstasy in a stone bowl," it is prepared table side and served with house made chips, warm corn tortillas and condiment salsas. Rosa Mexicano is also known for the Frozen Pomegranate Margarita. For this vibrant city we’ve created a welcoming contemporary design, featuring a casually chic dining room with floor to ceiling windows and a travertine bar. Our patio area provides the perfect spot for al fresco dining and people watching.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosa Mexicano- South Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (17)hot spot (17)good for groups (16)great for outdoor dining (13)special occasion (12)vibrant bar scene (10)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (8)romantic (7)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Best guacamole, good drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2013Best guac we had ever eaten. Mixed right at t your table and the serving is huge. Stop with the guacamole because the entrees are not good. The drinks are great and the ambiance is fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spicenikkimaDined on 8/14/2013Went for Miami Spice... overall decent lunch options. Sad they didn't have more chicken for entree choices... only a salad. Pomegranate margarita can't be missed! Guac was very good too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant was a realLuv2eatDined on 8/13/2013This restaurant was a real disappointment. The service was horrible, the waiter couldn't remember our order and came back to ask us 3 times for clarification (seriously, just write it down)! It took about 30 minutes to get each course including our drinks and the check. Our 8:30pm reservation didn't get us out of there until close to 11:00 pm. The food was "so so" not bad but nothing special. I would not reccomend this restaurant to anyone who wants a pleasant dining experience in a reasonable amount of time.
- Great for a GroupBLUEDined on 8/11/2013This Location is great for groups and a fun filled night, not very intimate but great fun and even better people watching outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overratedlynn8166Dined on 8/9/2013Worst ceviche i've ever had. Expected way better in Miami. Slow service.Special Features:
- worst serviceCarlosCalderonDined on 7/20/20133rd time's the charm but the last 3 times i've tried to give this place a chance they manage to have even worstbservice than the time before. This time I had to get up to look for the waiter, there was no service and the attitude of the staff was at worst rude and at best nonchallant. unfortunately for the good food theynserve it seems they cant afford enough waiters and barte ders or just focus on choosing the worst. Very sad Rosa Mexicano that you decided to stick Mexico in your name!
- I always enjoy Rosa Mexicano,JosephDined on 6/15/2013I always enjoy Rosa Mexicano, it is in a great venue on the beach. I like that it's not too far from anywhere. walking on the Lincoln Road thoroughfare is nice, too.Special Features:
- Worst Service EVEROpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/12/2013We dined there on a slow Wednesday night at 8pm. After getting seated we were sitting there for over 15 minutes before someone came up to us. Once they took our order, our waiter then disappeared again. We were actually sat in a booth next to the bar so I motioned the bartender over to refill our drinks. The food was good although the medium Guacamole was not spicy at all. After the meal we waited around for another 15 minutes for our bill until finally we asked another waitress. Really disappointed with our experience here on Date Night.Special Features:
- The best mexican food in MiamiRauuuVIPDined on 5/19/2013The best guacamole you can eat in South Beach and the best margaritas in town...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/15/2013Perfect lunch for Lincoln road. Little noisy by Main Street. Veggie tacos a must! We enjoyed our lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An expensive Mexican restaurantRobBVIPDined on 5/14/2013I am pleased to see the changes that Rosa has made to their menu. Perhaps it's the South Beach menu alone, but the price point and menu are so far removed from Rosa's roots that it's now a special occasion restaurant vs. a regular favorite.I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTRauuuVIPDined on 5/12/2013I LOVE THIS RESTAURANT. THE BEST GUACAMOLE I EVER TASTED...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just okay...Cin19Dined on 5/12/2013But I couldn't see what all the hype was about. I've had better Mexican food at better prices elsewhere. It's not bad, but I won't be going back. Also, a bit too loud and busy for my taste.
- Average-LornanDined on 5/11/2013While the guacamole was quite good (almost the best around), I found the rest of the meal rather average and the potions very small. I would go back for the "guac" and chips only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we loved the food and theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/5/2013we loved the food and the wait staff was wonderful. especially tyreese. the noise level is quite loud, that would be the only negative about the experience. very lively and fun place. best guacamole made right in front of the tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Mexican Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/26/2013We fell in love with Rosa Mexicano on the first visit, and have a great experience every time. The food is outstanding. We wish they'd open one closer to our home in the Philadelphia suburbs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SERVICE, GOOD FOOD,maxxDined on 4/13/2013GREAT SERVICE, GOOD FOOD, GOOD CROWD A NICE NIGHT OUT!!!Special Features:
- Birthday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2013We had brunch to celebrate my husband's birthday. Had a very nice time. The waitress was wonderful.Special Features:
- Improving after recent issuesRobBVIPDined on 3/28/2013I had written off Rosa after an interim menu change that left too few items at too high of a price point. However, the menu has improved dramatically and although I still find the prices to be too high, I would return to this restaurant and even recommend it with a warning about $15 margaritas that are the size of a sewing thimble. This just makes the restaurant look greedy and/or cheap. One other thing: the cold, sometimes stale chips that sit on the guacamole carts are such a disappointment and yet such an easy fix. Run them out warm from the kitchen. Even if they sit under a heat lamp, they'll taste better than they do now.
- Modern and Authentic Mexican FareOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/23/2013Great little spot in the middle of the Lincoln shopping district. The decor is lively and well-done - a mix of vibrant colors with a modern touch. The sangria was very good - we got the pitcher which was definitely more than enough for two people! The guacamole was fresh and prepared tableside. We had brunch, and the entrees were very authentic mexican cuisine, which I enjoyed very much. A nice change of pace from your regular tacos and tex-mex fare. The most outstanding thing, though, was their mexican hot chocolate! Now THIS is something to write home without. Folks, don't go here without saving some room for this one. Absolutely the best hot chocolate I've ever had - hearty and spicy, it's the perfect end to your meal.Special Features:
- Excellent food. A bit noisy,butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/17/2013Excellent food. A bit noisy,but would go back for more.
- The food is good but the portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2013The food is good but the portions are ricuoulsy small.
- Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2013Everyone should try this Brunch. Great frozen Margaritas! The food was delicious.Special Features:
- Food was good as usual. OurOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2013Food was good as usual. Our server seemed a little clueless. Looked like he was new. Overall a nice guy but still needs training. We didn't even have a utensils on the table and had to ask multiple times.
- Top NotchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/9/2013Absolutely fantastic. Literally will never go to South Florida again without going back. This is the first restaurant I have written a review about, and as a result I'm hungry again. Can't say enough.Special Features:
- Always good, anywhere you go...AiredaleVIPDined on 3/3/2013It's a great Mexican restaurant chain. It's not necessarily the most traditional, it's clearly an American Mexican restaurant. But the food is great, the service is great, and everyone should have a great time. If you're looking for something a little different in any major city and you don't want to take a chance on a local place, Rosa never disappoints.Special Features:
- Rosa Mexicano is a tourist trapOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/24/2013Making a reservation with the assistance of OpenTable was easy. The atmosphere of the restaurant was very good. The guacamole was prepared tableside, and was excellent. The waiter was very friendly and accommodating; but he overcharged our party, so I would not go back to this restaurant. To give examples: The waiter offered extra corn and frijoles for fish taco entrees that 2 guests requested, but he failed to mention that there would be an extra (and significant) charge for what should have been condiments. One guest at our table did not like her meal, so the waiter offered her a free dessert. He then charged for her dessert. He did it with a friendly attitude, so the bill and tip were paid without contesting, but we felt "fleeced".Special Features:
- Very weak sangria. Not worthSeafoodLoverDined on 2/16/2013Very weak sangria. Not worth the price. Food was fine.
- Good Food, good ambiance butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013Good Food, good ambiance but the service no so great!!!Special Features:
- Great service bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Very loud, not real Mexican food, felt more like a sushi place. Very overpriced. Servers were great though. Polite and attentive.
- get the guacamoleOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/6/2013Had a good meal. The guacamole made table side really is excellent - would recommend it. Our other dishes were not as great. I had carne asada which was very good. My partners slow cooked pork was a bit dry and not such a success. I would definitely go back however, maybe at lunch time to have the guacamole again and a smaller snack.Special Features:
- SoBe's Finest Dining ExperienceSteveVIPDined on 1/28/2013RM continues to be the best dining experience in South Beach. Creative culinary dishes coupled with the best service I've experienced in South Florida made for a delightful evening. Out waitress, María, was attentive, knowledgeable, friendly and courteous. I am proud to call RM my favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- If everything was as foodkingbVIPDined on 1/12/2013If everything was as food as the guacamole, this restaurant would be 5 star, but the service is apallingly lax and slow, the food was only just good and so we were disappointed. I've had much better meals at their Brickell Village location.Special Features:
- The fish tacos, guac and margaritasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/12/2013The fish tacos, guac and margaritas were delicious. The service was just OK. We had to find someone to wait on our table. We were ignored for the first 10 minutes, and the restaurant was only 1/4 full when we arrived. The staff were not very welcoming, but the food made it worthwhile.
- Great food ! They make theMichelleDined on 1/11/2013Great food ! They make the guacamole table side, which was really cool to watch. Our server was very knowledgeable of the food and of all yhe types of tequila, and made great recommendations. Fantastic place! Definitely need a reservation though, as it gets quite packed.Special Features:
- Table side-made guacamoleIzzyVIPDined on 1/10/2013Table side-made guacamole was great, but entrees were very average.Special Features:
- Had an excellent experienceSebpVIPDined on 1/2/2013Had an excellent experience this time. Food and ambiance was greatSpecial Features:
- Good food, but many flawsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/30/2012The music was much too loud. It was bad techno-pop and inappropriate for dinner. Turning down the volume would help; having to raise your voice to be heard by the person across the table was a big turn-off. Service was inattentive and slow. Menu is limited, but there are good choices. Guacamole made at tableside is excellent, but be prepared for really small portions. Thinking that an order of three tacos would be substantial proved wrong. They were actually an appetizer size for $17. Food is good, but definitely overpriced, even for South Beach.Special Features:
- Fabulous but be sure host checks inSteveVIPDined on 12/30/2012Rosa Mexicano continues to be my favorite Mexican restaurant in Miami. My guest and I were very happy with our meals and service.The only recommendation I would make is to make sure the host /hostess signs in Open Table members. I was surprised to find that I received a "no show" email from OT even though I had asked the host to check me in.Special Features:
- Food was great. Service fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/29/2012Food was great. Service fantastic. If you can, get a table outside.Special Features: