78073 Calle Barcelona
La Quinta, CA 92253Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lavenderbistro.com/
- Phone: 7605645353x
- Hours of Operation:
Join us nightly for our popular Happy Hour from 4:00 to Close.
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Raul Garcia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Lavender Bistro's catered events will take our wonderful dining experience into your home or venue of your choice.
- Private Party Facilities: For private functions or special occasions, our private room, private small patio or semi-private large patio are available. For larger parties, weddings, or banquets, the entire restaurant is available for your dining pleasure.
- Private Party Contact: Nicolas Despras 7605645353x
- Entertainment: Live Music Nightly - piano and vocals.
A word from Lavender Bistro
Experience Lavender Bistro. At Lavender we combine the finest meats and seafood with the freshest organic ingredients to create unforgettable dishes. Dine indoors in a warm, cozy atmosphere or on our stunning tree-lined patio. Lavender Bistro also prides itself on providing superb live music daily to set a warm and friendly atmosphere for you and your guests.Continued
For every occasion, to change the ordinary into extraordinary, come join us at Lavender Bistro, "the best kept secret of La Quinta", for a memorable dining experience.
For every occasion, to change the ordinary into extraordinary, come join us at Lavender Bistro, "the best kept secret of La Quinta", for a memorable dining experience.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Lavender Bistro - Best Restaurants in La Quinta ›
Lavender Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (52)romantic (45)special occasion (42)neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (17)notable wine list (13)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (6)great for brunch (6)hot spot (5)scenic view (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- very disappointing!!frequentdinerVIPDined on 4/24/2014We were celebrating our wedding anniversary...they didn't care! The onion soup we ordered came out lukewarm. We sent it back and the waiter seemed annoyed by it. My sole came out lukewarm as well...seemed like it was served a long time after it was prepared. We sent it back. It came back less than 5 minutes later...seemed like they shoved the whole plate into the oven for a few minutes, resulting in it being very dry and almost crispy! Waiter NEVER came back to check on us. NEVER saw any supervisory personal walking around to assure customers were happy. I guess they are too busy to care. This was our 3rd and last visit to Lavender Bistro.
- LavenderTexozDined on 4/24/2014Great setting. Great service. Live music was nice.Special Features:
- Unparallelled ElegancekefitzpatrickDined on 4/23/2014Lavenders is very likely La Quinta's most quintessential dining experience, an argument that may include the entire Coachella Valley. The consistency of the service, food preparation, and ambiance always meets or exceeds our expectations. Outdoor dining deserves particular mention and is ideally recommended. Location and compatibility to historic Old Town La Quinta only adds panache to an already classic feel of conviviality and warmth. Besides occasional visits to impress visitors or house guests, we have celebrated our anniversary here for the past several years since it's opening. The owner is always on site and available. Staff are quite professional, friendly, and attentive. Order anything on the menu, you can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth going backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014The food floor and presentation was excellent. Great for a special occasion out.Special Features:
- Very nice experienceBettyVIPDined on 4/22/2014Very friendly, accommodating , nice presentation and love the 1/2 price wines on TuesdaysSpecial Features:
- As AdvertisedLovetodineDined on 4/21/2014Everyone that we talked to about dining in the desert had Lavender's as one of their favorites. We can now be added to the list. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Big, Beautiful PatioJackieVIPDined on 4/21/2014I took my son and daughter-in-law for a belated Easter dinner (we all worked on Sunday). Each of us thoroughly enjoyed ourself and look forward to a return visit in the near future.Special Features:
- Great PatioTdrexVIPDined on 4/20/2014Late dinner we had two appetizers each (all different - four in all). Appetizers were very large and can be shared as the entrees, as we saw them passing by to other tables, are quite large also. Quality of food as well as presentation was very good. The smoked salmon was excellent. The patio setting, among the trees, is a major plus, specially on warm, balmy evenings. A guitar player, singer was on hand playing a medley of tunes at a volume that was audible without being intrusive. The wine list contains a special section on collection wines with some notable entries and it is half off on Tuesday. Also, on Sunday there is no corkage fee. Overall, we were extremely pleased with the experience and recommend the restaurant strongly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PrettyShakaDined on 4/20/2014The restaurant was very pretty. Our second visit but cannot say we'd return. The service was very slow and not warm not knowledgeable. The food was just ok and we sat in the beautiful garden but it was so hot and stuffy we were uncomfortable. Sorry, too many other fine places to frequent to go back to this one.Special Features:
- FabMalbecVIPDined on 4/20/2014We were at Lavender's for dinner on Easter evening and it was really great. The food was delicious and even though they were terribly busy everything worked like clockwork. A very well oiled system, whereby one did not feel like a number but a respected diner. Not like some places that we have been to on a busy holiday where the service has been poor and the food worse. Cannot wait to return on our next visit to the desert.Special Features:
- OutstandingeliteDined on 4/20/2014Great food, service and the music is always perfect. One of my very favorite restaurants. We like that our wine is served before we even have a dinner menu! We never feel rushed and are given time to relax between the appetizer being cleared and our main entry being served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014Great food, selection, bloody mary's, service, ambiance.Special Features:
- A very nice evening.......RodneyDined on 4/19/2014We have been to Lavender Bistro before and chose to take some very special friends there for dinner during their visit. We were not disappointed and the outdoor dining was really nice, with some great background music. Our dinner selections, assisted by an excellent server who answered all our questions, were great and the presentation was impressive. We brought one bottle of our own wine, but we also bought another from a wonderful wine list. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LolaBooVIPDined on 4/19/2014OK the back garden us pretty but Lavender is loud, crowded, the service is terrible and the food is worse. A keyboard guy wailing karaoke "My Way." A wine list of $9 supermarket wines marked up to nearly $50. The chicken paillard isn't paillard but a dried out mound of chicken with two side dishes we couldn't even identify. The escargot came boiled in Mazzolla not butter. The ahi tuna was tough, tasted of ammonia and was served on dry, shrunken white rice that seemed more like coconut flakes. For anything edible we got truffle fries - gloppy, uncooked and (somehow) wet! This place is just miserable - a meal factory with cafeteria food. Go to Morgan's or The Brasserie in LaQuinta which out class this place by 500%. Lavender? Grade F.
- slow servicenindollDined on 4/19/2014we eat at Lavendar all the time but were disappointed with the service this last time. It was very crowded but either there wasn't enough waitstaff or some other problem. We had to finally ask for menus after being there for a good 1/2 hour or more. We did have drinks by that time. Our German waitress was excellent once the ball got rolling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RONDOTasteBudsDined on 4/19/2014We had a party of six. The service and ambience was marvelous. The Ahai tuna, chicken, and Sole were very good, the Sea Bass, and Salmon were so so. I had the Linguini Seafood, it was terrible. I am a longtime Italian chef. This was advertised as Cioppino which is a stew. consequently the sauce is light like a soup. The tomato content is very light so the linguini is tasteless. Linguini needs a zesty sauce. Recommendation - spice up the stew, delete the pasta and add some more seafood like calamri and mussels.Special Features:
- Probably will not repeat.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/17/2014Have been here numerous times before and really enjoyed it - however this time was such a disappointment that I am not sure I will return. Onion soup was bland and a bit "greasey". Prime rib (Thursday nights only) also lacked flavor except for the pepper crust that was overwhelming. Flat Iron steak was ok. Experienced so many flies buzzing around and landing on our food that it was very distracting trying to shoo them away while eating (first time that has happened here). Service started out OK but deteriorated as the restaurant became busy. Makes me wonder if they recently changed cooks or chef or manager.
- Amazing Manager/OwnerYVRerVIPDined on 4/14/2014We love this place and it is our "go to" place for guests visiting us here in La Quinta. This particular visit, we were hosting an international wine judge that we were hoping to impress! Unfortunately we had a waiter with a very poor attitude, and we received extremely poor service from him, which is totally out of character for this place. I must say that our bus boy was fantastic and in several instances saved the night. I complained to the management about the waiter, who came and in a rather confrontational way stood over us as I outlined our complaints to the owner. The owner was extremely gracious and apologetic and very kindly took the wine off the bill, which was not at all necessary, but was greatly appreciated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Birthday!HappyDogDined on 4/13/2014We went for the first time for a birthday and it couldn't have been better, Sunday is no corkage which was a real bonus. Beet salad was just okay, but the filet and the truffle mac and cheese was awesome! Excellent crème brulee as well. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lavender BistrosgrahamDined on 4/12/2014What an absolute gem! I would never have found this without a recommendation from a friend. I am so glad I tried it. I only wish I had known to request to sit outside. It is absolutely beautiful outside. The food and drink were wonderful and service was outstanding. Highly recommend and when we go back to the desert, we will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had wonderful meal in theBillDined on 4/11/2014We had wonderful meal in the patio area. Nice music and very good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurant. VeryGourmetKidVIPDined on 4/10/2014Very good restaurant. Very good food. But, the service has become a production line of an order taker and then everything from that point on is a production line service from hordes of Latin Americans. What ever happened to attentive and quality service? Are tips still expected when service is more like fast food?Special Features:
- Great dining experiencedrodden234Dined on 4/7/2014Love the outside dining. I had the Chilean Sea Bass which I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can always count on LavenderPhillyGirlVIPDined on 4/6/2014for a delicious anf fun evening. When we are in town we try to go at least once a week -- definitely our favorite plae in LaQuinta. The patio is beautiful and the food is always very good. Servers are good -- we especially favor Nicole. Last week we went to their Happy Hour for the first time -- absolutely fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Fails to ImpressOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2014We had another wonderful experience @ Lavender while entertaining two couples who were visiting. Excellent entrees,;attentive, but somewhat slow service due to the busy conditions and wonderful atmosphere added to our enjoyment. Lavender is our favorite and we love to share this excellent place with others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad night at LavenderGoodEatsDined on 4/6/2014Lavender Bistro is one of our favorites and have been there many times. However, they really had a bad night when we took guests there. The food wasn't up to what we are used to, my flatiron steak was really tough and my iceberg wedge was bitter and they gave me the core which isn't very good. The bad part was the service, our wait person was terrible. We don't like to rush through dinner but the wait we had was inexcusable. I hope Lavender gets back on track again as it is usually a good restaurant.Special Features:
- perfect in the desertOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2014Lavender Bistro is a perfect little place int the desert!Special Features:
- Fabulous!BogartDined on 4/5/2014Lavender is one of the best restaurants in the Coachella Valley. There are so many to choose from. Ask for a table on the patio. The ambiance is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude staffeastsiderDined on 4/5/2014We were celebrating a birthday and thought we had a table reserved outside which is the only place to eat at this restaurant. The hostess was not nice, told us our table was inside - this was at 5:30pm right when they opened. We opted to eat in the bar. When we left there were many open tables outside and they could've easily sat us outside but didn't . They were not very nice about it either. I won't go back
- Good but overpricedDesertfoodieDined on 4/4/2014The menu is broad and the presentation is beautiful. I had the salmon and it was delicious; cooked just right. However the wedge salad had no blue cheese crumbles and the crab fritters had very little crab taste. The ambiance is nice, but pretty noisy. There are other restaurants with all the good features of Lavendar Bistro, but cheaperSpecial Features:
- The lobster salad was oneCreveCoeurresidentVIPDined on 4/2/2014The lobster salad was one of the best appetizers we've ever had. The strip steak was prepared perfectly.Special Features:
- Best ambience in LaQuintararaVIPDined on 4/2/2014Our go-to place in the desert. Never had a bad experience in 5 years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superior restaurantluvfoodDined on 4/2/2014We had a group of ten. Everyone or did something different and all of us enjoyed our meal. We would all come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableFood4twoDined on 4/1/2014We really enjoyed the ambiance and the great food! The half price wine on Tuesdays is a great perk for customers!! Our guests enjoyed the dining experience and will return another time! ThxSpecial Features:
- Piece of HeavenScottyDined on 4/1/2014To celebrate our recent wedding, we went to Lavender, just walking thru the courtyard and basking in the brilliant display of lavender napkins, set our expectations. My favorite seafood is scallops and they were prepared delicately as they should be. Our waiter , Adam, was enthusiastic and menu knowledgeable. We will go back.Special Features:
- Lively AtmosphereKatherinenvegasDined on 3/31/2014We arrived late for our table, but did call ahead, and expected to see lots of open tables since it was already 8:30 on a Monday. The place was jammed and hopping! We were seated promptly, and each of the 4 of us had very tasty fish dishes. Service was good, and there were still people coming in when we left.Special Features:
- House salad was tastelessTJPSVIPDined on 3/30/2014House salad was tasteless and utterly boring. Chicken paillard was neither thin nor crisp. Mussels seemed totally devoid of seasoning. Overall underwhelming!
- Our Romantic get-awayFussyFoodieDined on 3/30/2014This is a charming place with wonderful food and excellent service. What else is there? They have the best raw oysters with horseradish sauce when they are in season. You could feast just on their appetizers but their dinner menu is also a good one. We'll always go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!MumkatVIPDined on 3/30/2014What a beautiful restaurant! We sat outside in the garden...sparking lights in the trees...tables set beautifully with Lavender napkins popping out from the wine glasses...very elegant and inviting. The food was perfection, from start to finish. If you're in the area, don't miss dinner at this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lavender BistroFoodieDined on 3/30/2014Lavender Bistro has a beautiful patio setting. I think that I would prefer cocktails and small plates rather than dinner which was uninspired.Special Features: