601 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fioladc.com/
- Phone: 202-628-2888x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday- Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday:5:30-11:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Fabio Trabocchi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining
- Special Events: For special events, please contact Siobhan at firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Fiola
Fiola, Fabio Trabocchi's modern Italian Trattoria, features Italian cuisine with an emphasis on fresh local ingredients from our farms and markets. The menu will change constantly focusing on seasonal ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Fiola reviews from OpenTable diners
382 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (259)special occasion (249)notable wine list (149)romantic (142)great for outdoor dining (115)great for lunch (83)neighborhood gem (68)hot spot (47)good for groups (44)vibrant bar scene (30)great for brunch (11)scenic view (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Disappointed dinersdinneroutDined on 8/20/2014Our group of 5 were very excited to try this top rated restaurant. Our servers manner was very overpowering and overly familiar. He inappropriately referred to our single companion as a " fifth wheel". It made for a very uncomfortable moment. Although the food was tasty and cooked properly it wasn't really anything special. The atmosphere is not conducive to conversation and our table near the stairway was a chaotic high traffic area. For these prices I would expect a more positively memorable evening.
- 4RibeyesDined on 8/20/2014The food and service were great. However, the décor needs refurbishing because the wall covering was delaminating.
- PeterDined on 8/20/2014Fiola, like its newly opened sister, Fiola Mare in Georgetown, is grounded in strong fundamentals: excellent service, fine food products, attention to detail and a welcoming feeling. The food is similar in its excellent preparation, including 100% duplication of the craved lobster ravioli. There are more pastas at Fiola and the veal ragu paparadelle was savory. The mixed seafood in a light sauce was delicately cooked causing the different offerings to be be all cooked the right amount and the 4 course chef's tasting Meunier was a fine choice. Finally, the wine list, including many good wines by the glass was thorough and supportive of a restaurant of this quality, with many choices in the reasonable price point range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sandyDined on 8/20/2014Food was excellent, but dinner was ruined by about a dozen people at the next table, very drunk and all shouting. The restaurant gave us a dessert wine to compensate, but in my opinion they should have either moved us or made some effort to quiet down the offensive people. I had a headache when we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIne Dining at it's BestDinersFromDCVIPDined on 8/19/2014The excellent wait staff and delicious food make Fiola one of DC's top three restaurants. I never miss an opportunity to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, a great experiencecapitolhilldcVIPDined on 8/18/2014Overall, a great experience. Good and wine were excellent. Service was friendly and couteous but we were left too long after finishing the main course. We intended to order dessert but decided we should take the bill when we finally got the chance. If not for this relatively minor issue, I would have rated 5 across the board.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceMLJSDined on 8/16/2014Great food. Wonderful service. Quiet outside dining. When they found out it was our anniversary, they sent us home with an order of ricotta donuts as a gift. We were treated exceptionally even though it was restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodhappy101Dined on 8/15/2014Went for restaurant week. Menu was amazing. Had a nice mozzarella starter then beef tenderloin for mains and shared a fruits cake and chocolate sorbet with my bf. It was refreshing to see nice size portions. I'm not used to the large sized portions here in america, they really put me off my food. So this was a nice size well prepared and very tasty. Waiter was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful as alwaysedieVIPDined on 8/15/2014This was our second time to the restaurant and again we had a wonderful meal, this time using the restaurant week menu but there was no sense that we were "second class" for doing that. Our watier was attentive and helpful, impeccable service and the food, char for my husband, risotto for me, was out of this world (we really love the lobster ravioli) A terrific evening all the way around.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant Week menugloriousfoodDined on 8/15/2014Service was impeccable, and the restaurant week menu was delicious. The burrata was indescribable, I really wanted seconds. I had the arctic char, which is a fish, I've never tried before - I asked for it medium well, and it was lovely and moist. Excited to head back and try the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- Fantastic MealJackDDined on 8/15/2014Friday night 7 PM, it was noisy. Excellent service, great food, extensive wine list. Our server made great recommendations, we enjoyed everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food, so so serviceHippoDined on 8/15/2014Dined during a restaurant week Friday evening, so some of my comments could be biased. The food was outstanding and the portions were not very small. The burrata was great and the beef tenderloin was tender and juicy (I ordered it medium and it was perfect). I wasn't really impressed by my friend's Arctic char, but she ordered it well done (that is not really the best). We took also a nice Sauvignon Blanc from the special list. However, the service was not on par. It seemed a bit rushed and they brought the bill even before we asked for it. I have also to agree with katers722 (we are also in our late 20s and we were too dressed more professionally than the average), since our server seemed to speak condescendingly to us sometimes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine food, good serviceGroverDined on 8/15/2014Lunch at Fiola was great! The food was excellent, and the staff was very accommodating towards my special dietary needs. The outdoor dining patio is a beautiful spot in the heart of the city.Special Features:
- Fantastic RW lunch experiencenomnom33VIPDined on 8/15/2014Ate lunch here for restaurant week. A+ experience, and I don't say that much in the DC area at all. Hostess was super friendly. I asked for an outdoor table and we got it. The one we sat at seats 6, but they happily let us have it. Our service was great too. Seems like a place where you'll know you'll be taken care of. Like they forgot to bring out a drink and comped it. Food was excellent, especially for restaurant week. It was my first time there for a meal, had been for happy hour, but I'll probably go back at least once for the extended RW. We tried all the dishes on the RW menu and loved everything. Everything was cooked right, flavors were right, and just such a good deal for RW.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding all around!ChloeDined on 8/15/2014After hearing so much about the merits of this restaurant, we decided to visit Fiola on Restaurant Week and were not disappointed at all! The food was delicious, the ambiance was elegant but understated and the service was the best I can recall in years! A real pleasure to be there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fiola still one of the best in DCDLR1VIPDined on 8/15/2014Everything at Fiola is outstanding. We had the RW lunch menu. Although there were only two choices for each course, it was creative and delicious. There is attention to every detail.Special Features:
- Absolutelty superb!BrianDined on 8/15/2014It was a wonderful experience and I had the best pasta I have ever had. I highly recommend the FiolaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodfoodie007VIPDined on 8/15/2014One of Fabio T.'s restaurants. Expect the best experience. Our waiter was excellent. The Restaurant week lunch menu was very limited but everything we had was done very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jim65VIPDined on 8/15/2014Outstanding RW lunch. Best gaspacho I ever had. Fish and sorbet were both outstanding.
- Fabulous FiolaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014It was my first of hopefully many experiences at Fiola. The waitstaff was attentive and the delicious food was perfectly paced to get me back to work within the hour. I don't recommend the rosemary lemonade, however.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantbubuDined on 8/14/2014We had a very nice experience during the restaurant week there. The three course menu was quite nice, except of the dessert (that's why 4 stars). Also, the service was excellent. We enjoyed it!Special Features:
- We'll be backJudyDined on 8/14/2014Having been unable to get a regular reservation during the high season, we were happy to get one at the last minute during Restaurant Week. Their RW menu was fine ... a good introduction to the kitchen. But now I want to go back and try everything else on the menu. RW is often hectic and staff get burned out but we had great service. Only problem was the noise ... just a bit too loud for my taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre restaurant week experiencedcfoodie97Dined on 8/14/2014I booked a reservation for fiola during restaurant week and overall felt a little disappointed in both the menu and definitely in service. Everything felt a little half assed. The food was delicious, don't get me wrong. My date and I really enjoyed it. It just wasn't exciting and didn't seem to come from their main menu at all, which I look forward to at restaurant week. Most unfortunately though, our service wasn't great, and I suspect bc we were restaurant week diners. Our waiter didn't check in with us for about 10-15 minutes after we sat. He was quick, flustered, and rushed in every interaction. Overall, fiola prepares delicious, detailed, awesome food. But my restaurant week experience was disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Around PerfectSha44Dined on 8/14/2014Every item I ordered was absolutely delicious and the waiter was attentive and knowledgeable about the entire menu. WIll Definitely recommend and go back soon!Special Features:
- Great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2014Really enjoyed the dinner there during restaurant week. Food was outstanding as well as really creative drinks. Our service was outstanding and we never wanted for anything. Would return on regular nights to eat really creative food.Special Features:
- lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/14/2014Four of us ate early , outdoors and had a great evening. The food was good and the service outstanding.Special Features:
- Overall super good experience!NanaNancyDined on 8/14/2014We had a table for 7 for a special occasion, and our server was truly accommodating--including billing us separately! Waiting until we all were there--making adjustments in our orders--letting us take our time leaving--AND the food was superb! Highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014Attentive hostess, however the server was not. Service was slow. We went for restaurant week and had a 1pm lunch reservation for two. We did not get seated until 1:15 and our first course did not come out until 1:45pm. We planned to be back to work by 2:15pm but were late.Special Features:
- Fabulous ItalianDinersFromDCVIPDined on 8/13/2014Five star Italian in Washington! Fiola never fails to please at the very highest level. With fabulous food and European style wait staff Fiola is one of Washington's top three dining spots. Just delicious with a buzz!Special Features:
- we loved itDCladyVIPDined on 8/13/2014I went with a group of friends for dinner and we enjoyed it so much we decided to make reservations for the following week as well. Everyone's cocktails and wine was wonderful and everyone loved everything we ordered -- there was nothing left on our plates! The staff didn't try to rush us either. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- carrolVIPDined on 8/13/2014We went to Fiola for Restaurant week. If you only have one place to go this would be the restaurant I would make this your choice. The portions tend to be bigger than you except for an appetizer. All three of us had different appetizer, my burrrata was delicious and fresh I do not know if they make it in house or have it shipped in from Italy. Watermelon salad with tuna was really unique and so was the soup. I had the arctic Char and the rest of my table had the Tenderloin. Everything was so well prepared that . The Chef is amazing putting all these different flavors that were so interesting. I would strongly suggest this restaurant even if it not Restaurant week for that special mealSpecial Features:
- Excellent Menu and atmosphereMariaDined on 8/13/2014This restaurant had been recommended for its quality of food. We went for lunch during Washington Restaurant Week and we enjoyed everything about Fiola. The menu was excellent, with reasonable sized portions, unlike other restaurants during Washington Restaurant Week that offer you a cheaper menu. Service was excellent and the atmosphere was great. We will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014I had a wonderful lunch with friends during Restaurant Week (August 2014). We all ordered off the Restaurant Week menu and the food was delicious and beautifully presented. Our server was very helpful and friendly, but not intrusive. My friend ordered a gin and tonic and it was the most gorgeous cocktail I have ever seen with citrus peels, pink peppercorns, a rosemary sprig and a cucumber ice cube that melted as the gin was pour over it. And it tasted divine! We sat outside on their sidewalk patio and it was perfect. This was my first time at Fiola, but my friends had been there before. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Loved ItJohnHVIPDined on 8/13/2014Fiola charmed us. We went for lunch during restaurant week prepared to be underwhelmed. We were very pleasantly surprised and delighted. Although there were only limited choices on the special menu we enjoyed each of our selections.Special Features:
- Great!KateDined on 8/13/2014Went there for restaurant week and had a very energetic, nice waiter. My favorite thing I ate was not on the restaurant week menu- our waiter brought us something that was an "accident" - the dish with squid ink noodles and seafood. It was SO GOOD. If I come back, I'm getting that. My friend's icelandic char was pretty great, too. We chose outdoor seating because it was a nice day and I really like their outdoor tables- large wooden tables with no lack of space/elbow room and comfortable chairs. I can't speak too much for the inside, but it seemed nice and modern.Special Features:
- suzanneDined on 8/12/2014Disappointing - crowded table. Not the service of a fine establishment.
- DeliciousDined on 8/12/2014We loved everything - had the buffalo mozzarella, pasta, and the cantaloupe sorbet and the chocolate dessert. Perhaps our favorite Restaurant Week meal - EVER!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodmellowfellowDined on 8/11/2014We went for restaurant week so maybe they did not serve their best dishes. The Burrata of Buffalo Mozzarella had a weird texture and I would not order it again. Beef tenderloin was delicious and I recommend ordering it medium and not medium well (dry). The Cioccolato was delicious but not out of this world. I would return to try their regular menu.Special Features:
- Great for restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/11/2014Restaurant week menu is very limited. But still a good deal for the excellent food and good service.
- best restaurant week menu in townFIOLAFANDined on 8/11/2014FIOla's restaurant week menu is phenomenal: generous, diverse, delicious and not a bait and switch. Some restaurants have a restaurant week menu that is so narrow and unappealing that you order from the main menu--and feel you came under false pretenses. That is not the case with Fiola. Their menu was filled with food fit for foodies. They also had wonderful wines at special prices to accompany the dinners.Special Features: