Panevino - Reading
25 N 2nd Street
Reading, PA 19601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Panevino - Reading
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.panevinoreading.com/
- Phone: 6103761101
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 4:30pm- 9:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: David Brennan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Panevino's "Catering to your tastes" is available for all of your catered needs.
- Private Party Contact: David Brennan 6103761101
A word from Panevino - Reading
Chef David Brennan's newest creation Panevino-featuring rustic regional Italian cuisine. From homemade pastas to grilled Tuscan pizzas and braised lamb shank with polenta. The food is healthy and fresh. Dinner is enhanced by soothing live music Friday's and Saturday's. Enjoy impeccable service for intimate dining accompanied by Berks county's finest wine list featuring over 150 wines from all over the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Panevino - Reading - Best Restaurants in Reading ›
Panevino - Reading reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)good for groups (33)notable wine list (31)romantic (28)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (23)hot spot (8)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- could have been.....mr1612Dined on 2/1/2014My group spent almost $300 plus tip. Table of 6 at 6:45pm on a Saturday night. We waited 25 minutes for our drink..was told they were very busy because of a show across the street....seemed understaffed. Then the order for food "Didnt go through" and we needed to reorder after giving our order 10 minutes after we had given it the first time. Food was awesome and well priced, but the bar kills the customer with $12 and $13 drinks of B&B and some other liquers and dont apologize for the pricing. The price for one drink is almost the cost of 1/2 bottle at state store! That is not right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK...Matt84Dined on 2/1/2014Food was good, but took a long time between being seated, getting a menu, ordering, and receiving our food. Water was a slightly rare commodity. Restaurant seemed understaffed. Not a favorite of ours.Special Features:
- First timerJustus206Dined on 1/25/2014Not being from the area I chose an Open Table option and was definitely pleased! Food and service was awesome, Table side service and presentation of the Sole was a special and enjoyable treat. A little louder than I wished for but not overly obnoxious. Next time I'll request a table away from the bar. Yes, I'm already planning a return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed on this occasionpenelopeVIPDined on 1/24/2014I have eaten here many times and always begin with the fabulous calamari...and they were fabulous! However—the sweetbread entree was a huge disappointment. The portion was so meager—three or four tiny morsels. In contract, my friend had a huge portion of lump crab with both spinach and rice sides. So...you might ask for portion size and match it to your appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2014Always excellent service, wine and food. Free garage parking adjacent to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, Service wasRichDined on 1/18/2014Food was good, Service was excellent Our favorite restaurant in ReadingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar Service So SoMjg712Dined on 1/17/2014Decided to sit at bar because we only had 90 minutes to get in and out. Bad idea. Bartender's priority is to take care of the wait staffs needs opposed to the customers eating at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant Italian food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/17/2014Great food at incredible prices. Reading is very lucky to have thus restaurant. The only suggestion would be to offer a table either very clues too there's or separate. The rabble we were at was basically with another party of two. It felt like Europe but with all Americans, I prefer more intimate seating while I dine with my wife alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightheyitsamberDined on 1/12/2014My husband and I were looking for a place to have a nice dinner on a Sunday evening. This restaurant was one on the few places open, so we decided to give it a try. The food was great and the server was very friendly. I had the chicken saltimbocca and my husband had the veil parmesan. We also enjoyed the buffalo mozzarella appetizer...yum! The only thing that I really didn't enjoy about the experience was that we were seated in the bar section of the restaurant. It was a little cold and uninviting while the dining room felt more romantic and warm. (And it was almost empty..?) We weren't sure why we were seated in the bar section? Other than that, I would definitely go back. The special fall menu also made it more affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I looked at menu online, foundAndyDined on 1/11/2014I looked at menu online, found what I wanted, and made the reservations. The actual menu used by restaurant was different from the online menu. WHY? The items I wanted. like the Grilled Veal Chop were not available. The food was good, but not what I wanted. Disappointing.
- I will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2014I am from Florida, and I travel to Berks County for a luncheon every 3 monrhs with former class mates in the Pottstown area. I stay with a niece and her husband in Brownsville(Wormelsdorf area) and I make it a point to dine in your establishment. What excellent food, service, and clientel I come in contact with. The servers, waiters,hostess are subperb. Thanks for a great time and of course the meal. The chef is great, hope to meet him some day. Thanks again for your hospitality Fran Almomd. Cocoa FloridaSpecial Features:
- Great DinnerGuestDined on 1/11/2014The food was awesome and the setting was perfect. The food came out quick and we got exactly what we ordered. Would recommend this place to anyone looking for a quality meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful stopBondDined on 1/10/2014The food and atmosphere are great. It's a nice place to take a date or your wife for that romantic evening. They are very accommodating and the service is top notch. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, nice restaurantChrisDined on 12/31/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our NYE dinner. The seating and reservation process was disorganized at check in but the rest of our dining experience was very good despite the limited menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve NightmareOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013I booked a reservation for two for 7:30. When I got to the restaurant it was jammed to the front door. People were pushing and shoving to get to the host to give their name. There were two hosts that were confused and overwhelmed. They admitted they overbooked reservations. I became irate and demanded to be sat immediately. The host explained that reservations for 7:00 had not been sat. I demanded to be sat and my reservation be honored. The host sat me and my party. We sat for 15 minutes and were never acknowledged by a server. A couple at another table had the same experience and got up and left. We decided to do the same thing. Ibwill never go to Panevino again.
- Not happy at allTrinityDined on 12/31/2013New Year's Eve dinner was a disaster! Too many things went wrong to list in this space. Long story short - we waited over 1 hour just to be seated, the hostess has no personality, people were standing around in coats jamming the front desk, the male bartender was rude, the food was mediocre. How does an Italian resturant not have pasta on the menu besides Risotto and Tortellini??? Our waiter was the only positive and we tipped him generously. We asked for a manager and the girl just laughed and walked away! We will never step foot in your restaurant again.
- I have dined at PanevinosOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2013I have dined at Panevinos twice and both times the food, service, etc. was EXCELLENT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not going back anytime soonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/29/2013Disappointed with our experience. We ordered the 3 courses for 19.95. First two courses came out fine but we waited 35 minutes for dessert. Two other tables nearby had the same issue. All tables had asked for the check and paid prior to seeing a dessert dish. For a restaurant that is across the street to a movie theatre, I would have thought it would try to be more prompt so people don't miss their movie. I asked to speak with a manager and he came over but barely said anything besides "I'll check on that". The food was fine, nothing spectacular. Our waiter never asked how our dishes were and I had to wait 10 minutes after getting my pasta to get some fresh Parmesan cheese. We won't be going back.
- family holiday dinnerJAWPSUDined on 12/28/2013Had a great meal. Only negative was that we were kind of stuck at a table in the back corner of the bar. Food was excellent, as usual. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hit with our familyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2013Whenever our family is going into Reading for a concert or show, one of us usually suggests Panevino as the first choice for where to go for dinner. We also like to hold our family celebration meals at Panevino. Great food. Great wine list. Great special dinner events. Whether just a couple, with our son, with the extended family, or with friends, we've never been disappointed at Panevino.Special Features:
- Although it was very busy,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013Although it was very busy, I expected to have a long wait considering the time of the year etc.but we were served in a reasonable amount of time and I was impressed how organized everthing was and the quality of the food and service. Panevino is our favorite place to go in the Reading area.Liked the fact that I could book online and pick our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food very good. Service onSMccDined on 12/21/2013Food very good. Service on a decline. This was our second recent experience with poor service. Hopefully it gets corrected soon.Special Features:
- Tony Bennett MealmommacatDined on 12/21/2013Went to Panevino for dinner before seeing Tony Bennett. Was seated promptly but it took awhile for our waiter to take our drink order and then another member of the wait staff came to take our meal order. Had to ask for the basket of complimentary bread that I saw other tables had. All together we had 3 different wait staff taking care of us. Very slow service. Food was OK.
- Great food and servicewandaDined on 12/12/2013Thought we would try the restaurant, despite some mixed reviews on line. It was a Thursday night, so not overly crowded. Very nicely decorated, with a holiday party going on in a special room which we couldn't hear. The menu was wonderful with a nice selection. We all did the $19.99 special and it was fabulous. Excellent food, presentation and quantity of food good. Parking garage next door made it easy, and the garage well lit. Wouldn't hestiate to take my husband as he'd have enough to eat. Nice job!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchJohnDined on 12/8/2013We have enjoyed the brunch twice now for birthday celebrations. Love the main menu as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not satisfiedEVECDined on 12/7/2013We ordered "flank" steak not what I expected, beautiful restaurant.the staff courteous.
- Great Pre Game DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 12/7/2013Thoroughly enjoyed the food and the service. The restaurent was very close to the Santandar Center, so no issues getting to our event on time!Special Features:
- nice italian restaurant withLennyVIPDined on 11/29/2013nice italian restaurant with a great fall all inclusive dinner.....food and service very good....reservations on weekend recommended.....well worth a visitSpecial Features:
- Excellent Italian FoodwapfDined on 11/23/2013Panevino serves excellent Italian food (they call it "rustic Italian"). There are a wide variety of choices, focused on pasta, but also meat and seafood dishes. Portions are ample, well-displayed and moderately priced, with nice wine list. The location is across from the Reading 12 Cinema/IMAX, the Reading Community College's Miller Center for the Arts and Goggle Works, and not far from the Santander complexes. Parking is free at either the garage above the restaurant or at RACC. Allow plenty of time for supper if you are going to a show. We gave ourselves 1-1/2 hours and had to ask for our entree and dessert or we would have been late for the performance. But the staff was accommodating and we arrived with a few minutes to spare.Special Features:
- DisappointingKickDined on 11/23/2013We had dinner on Sat. to celebrate an old friend's birthday and a concert at the Miller. Our reservation allowed for sufficient time to enjoy dinner and get to the concert. I asked in the res. for a candle on her dessert. I also noted we needed to be out of the restaurant by 7 PM. Service was very slow, our waiter dismissive, the wine a disappointment as it was the wrong bottle, the cork broken and not generally the service one receives when ordering a bottle of wine. The garlic bread was cold and quickly removed. It was 7:25 before we got our bill, and our desserts were boxed for us, so no candle, no celebratory wishes, etc. . Panevino is close and convenient, but the food is very basic, and I get better food at my local pizza place.
- had to leave in a hurryMaryDined on 11/23/2013We had a 5:30 reservation for 4 on 11-23-13. I thought that would give us plenty of time to get to Santander Performing Arts Center to see Drew Carrey at 7:30. The place was really busy. Perhaps you need more staff when there are events going on. We basically got our food and asked for the check right away-no time for dessert (although our waiter asked if we wanted it to go). We don't blame our server, but we had very little interaction with him at all. Food was good but we were constantly looking at our watches. Finally left at 7:05I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reading's go to place to dine!dapperDined on 11/17/2013Convenient for city dwellers and suburbanites this restaurant offers a great selection of Italian foods with the elegance and flair of any metropolitan gourmet restaurant. I originally ate here when it first opened up and although the food was good, they were still working out the difficulties of a newly opened restaurant. I thought I'd try it again this past Sunday evening and I was amazed at the difference. We had the peppered tuna and seafood risotto - both absolutely delicious. They have a great deal with a choice of soup or salad (yum!), entree, and dessert(double yum!) for $19.95 or you could order off the menu. The best upscale meal I've eaten in Reading in years. In addition, the staff were all great and accommodating.Special Features:
- Great priceGyotakuDined on 11/16/2013I usually order from the $19.95 3 course menu, so I think you get a lot for the money and the food is great. The staff is friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No longer a go to place...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2013We have dined here several times and always had a good meal at a fair price. I am not sure what happened this last time but it was horrible. The best part of my meal was my drink from the bar. I ordered the filet 8 oz (24.95). It was a poor cut at best and my wife even commented about how it looks like the tenderloin we get from SAM's club and grill ourselves. It was veiny and marginal taste at best. My wifes Seafood Risotto was mush. The seafood was good but noodles were way overcooked. I commented to my wife when the place was deserted at 545...now I know why.
- Our dinner was delicious andkalinaDined on 11/10/2013Our dinner was delicious and we had a great dining experience. Will definitely return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is excellent andShaunaDined on 11/5/2013The food is excellent and the service is above par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/2/2013We always combine Panevino with the movie theater across the street. Convenient, easy parking, good food, reasonable prices, good place for apres-film discussion. Service can be slow, particularly when first seated. It sometimes takes a while for drink orders to be taken & delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellant foodmjmjemDined on 11/2/2013All 4 of us in our party had delicious food and the presentation was also very appealing. Salad, entree and dessert for 19.95 was excellant value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of the few restaurantsStephVIPDined on 11/2/2013This is one of the few restaurants open early enough to grab a bite before a show. The waiter asked if we were attending one, as well as the time we needed to be there, but service was still a little slow, and the place was relatively empty because it was so early. (Slow service is noted in other reviews). We did three courses for $19.99, which is a great deal. Flatbreads were good, as were the salads. We took our dessert to go. I would give them another try if I wasn't on a time schedule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2013We always enjoy our meals at Panevino! The menu changes from time to time add to the variety of selections available and allow them to insert seasonal variety. Always a pleasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.