Panevino - Reading
25 N 2nd Street
Reading, PA 19601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Panevino - Reading
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.panevinoreading.com/
- Phone: 6103761101
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 4:30pm- 9:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: David Brennan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Panevino's "Catering to your tastes" is available for all of your catered needs.
- Private Party Contact: David Brennan 6103761101
A word from Panevino - Reading
Chef David Brennan's newest creation Panevino-featuring rustic regional Italian cuisine. From homemade pastas to grilled Tuscan pizzas and braised lamb shank with polenta. The food is healthy and fresh. Dinner is enhanced by soothing live music Friday's and Saturday's. Enjoy impeccable service for intimate dining accompanied by Berks county's finest wine list featuring over 150 wines from all over the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Panevino - Reading - Best Restaurants in Reading ›
Panevino - Reading reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)good for groups (33)notable wine list (32)fit for foodies (26)romantic (26)neighborhood gem (25)hot spot (8)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always WonderfulfoodlovinDined on 5/6/2014I've been to Panevino numerous times for many occasions and the staff is always friendly and accommodating and the food never disappoints! They also have great deals for those on a budget!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One and DonelinnieDined on 5/3/2014Appetizer was overcooked. Pasta was dry. Will not be back.
- weluv2dineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014The food is always 5-star quality. I love the menu because it offers such a variety of gourmet choices compared to other restaurants. The element of surprise is fun with the free mini appetizer. The salads are scrumptious and again are so different than your average restaurant choices. The main meals are always well prepared and delicious and the desserts are to die for. We just experienced the chocolate bread pudding - absolutely delectable! The service is always pleasant and wonderful. Smiling faces and friendliness from all who serve you. Thank you for a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience+!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014The food was excellent and the service good. Really nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uneven, like potholesItadakimasuDined on 4/26/2014We went to Panevino twice because it's close to the Miller Center and because my husband's fruitta di mare pasta was outstanding -- the first time; the second not so much. Vegetarian choices were limited to pizza, and I had hopes for the mushroom, but it was oversalted, drowning in rosemary, and absent the promised truffle oil. We like to sit at the bar, and I'd give this place another try if it weren't for the service. Service was OK if not gracious when there were just a few customers (e.g., do not say "no problem" when I ask for a spoon; it's your job, not a favor). Half an hour later, the one bartender was in the weeds, food was late and people were cranky. Both times we were told they couldn't find another bartender to hire. Nonsense.
- Good but expensiveAlthtnmoreDined on 4/25/2014The staff were excellent and friendly. The food was good, but the prices were very steep. It took a longer time then I would have liked to get my salad and apps. All and all it was a nice romantic place to take your women for a nice meal. Just don't forget to take out a lone first. You'll need it to pay the bill.Special Features:
- Always a treatShopgirlDined on 4/20/2014Have been to Panevinos many times and have never been disappointed. The atmosphere is great, the servers are super friendly and the food is exceptional. I think the 3 course for 19.99 is a great draw too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great girls' night outBestiesNightOutDined on 4/19/2014Had a nice relaxing time with friends. Great fresh food. Love the 19.95 dining special! Warm atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had the $19.95 special AppetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014Had the $19.95 special Appetizers very good entrees were excellent tasty deserts But server did not get the drink order correct One of our first choices for an entrée was not available and only learned this after about 10 mins after giving our order.Special Features:
- Great FoodOntelauneeKidDined on 4/12/2014Went to Panevino for our anniversary. Menu was very full of choices. Especially enjoyed seeing the value menus offered. Food was very well prepared. Only complaint was our initial contact with wait staff took a little long for our liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reading's Best Kept SecretTable42Dined on 4/10/2014What a fabulous experience to be found in the heart of the city! Incredible food and drinks, this restaurant is top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Excellent service!TheproposalDined on 4/9/2014Excellent food and great service. It made for a great night! I highly recommend this place to anybody who is looking for a place with a calm, relaxing and romantic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The server was pleasant, butjazzfestDined on 4/6/2014The server was pleasant, but seemed overwhelmed and very inefficient. The food was good, but not great. Coffee was lukewarm. There were many empty tables, but the staff seemed frantic and disconnected. On the positive side, we did not feel rushed to leave; enjoyed our drinks, coffee and dessert leisurely. It is a shame, but I would not feel motivated to return with the many other dining choices in Berks County.
- Lost in the shuffleJazzfestPatronDined on 4/5/2014We booked the reservation with expectations of a great dinner before walking across the street to the Miller Center and Keiko Matsui's performance. We were promptly seated just off the bar (which wasn't too noisy all things considered) and soon received attention from a young waiter who took our drink order and filled our water glasses. After the arrival of our drinks another waiter showed up and took our order. Things were moving along at a nice measured pace. Our first course arrived and was delicious. Things went south after our main course arrived. Our waiters vanished for nearly a half hour. A second round of drinks never materialized, and our desserts had to be boxed. Terrible breakdown in service halfway through the meal.
- Madeline Peyroux @ Berks JazzOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/4/2014Had some friends in from NJ to see the show. He is an Italian cook so I was a little nervous. We all had a wonderful time and the food was first class. The service was perfect. Thanks for a fun evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Panevinoyasrhs08Dined on 4/4/2014I have gone to Panevino many times and each time has been exceptional. The quality and the service was outstanding. I have not been to a restaurant that can top them yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was terribly slowRedrobinDined on 4/2/2014Service was terribly slow and there were only 2 other tables.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost thereVisitingReadingDined on 3/29/2014The food is outstanding but the service is very slow. I went back the next night to see if perhaps the slow service was just a one-time thing and had the same experience. So I kept after them and did make it out in less than 2 hours the second night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- before the showKathyDined on 3/28/2014Great food and good service for those going to the movies or a show at the Miller Center. Make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperoenceTonyDined on 3/22/2014Everything was excellent in terms of food, price, service, and atmosphere. But, we were too close to a large group and were seated at a booth along the wall. This wouldn't keep me from going back but I think I would ask for a table next time. All in all, a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- ALWAYS A PLEASUREOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014We have been to Panevino several times, and have never been dissapointed. We introduced another couple to the spot, and they put an endorsement on Facebook for their friends to try. this amazing gem in Reading.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful meal. TheBartDined on 3/22/2014We had a wonderful meal. The food was of high quality and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/27/2014Service was fast and friendly. My only complaint was we were placed in a high traffic area and there were many tables availableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - great valuektownDined on 2/23/2014This was our first visit to Panevino. We were pleased with everything - the restaurant had a very urban modern feel- the staff was very knowledgeable and attentive and the food was all good. We all chose the 3 course dinners for $19.95 - which is an incredible value. The cream of onion soup was the best of the soups. The best entree was the crab cakes, but it is hard to say since all the meals were very good. The desserts were great- the tiramsu was very luscious- light and delicious. The chocolate bread budding with bananas foster was also very good. Overall- we had a wonderful meal - and want to go back very soon. Even the parking was very convenient - the parking garage is the top part of the building. I would recommend for sure.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Service was awful. TheKateBerksDined on 2/22/2014The Service was awful. The waiter was rude but what made it worse was he did not seem to know he was. They need to train their staff in customer service. The food was great, but the bad service overshadowed it's quality.Special Features:
- disappointmentgoodfoodDined on 2/22/2014This was my fifth visit to Panevino. The service was very slow. I told the waiter we had to be out by a certain time and was told that wasn't a problem. It took 20 minutes for my glass of wine to arrive and we left the restaurant 15 minutes behind schedule. I was told in order to get the entree that I wanted, I had to order the three-course fixed price option on the menu. I enjoyed the salad and the pizza, though it was dry. I ordered dessert to go because of our time restraint. It was disappointing to discover our dessert wasn't in our take-out bag, especially since I didn't want the dessert in the first place, but had to order from that menu. I am happy to see a local business busy, but there is room for improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy occasionSatisfedDined on 2/22/2014Many go to Panevino Reading before the RSO concerts, so they got us out in time. Service is usually flawless slthough we got a newer person last night! But it was OK. Food is always terrific and it is one of our favorites. $19.95 special was very nice, did not include ALL dishes but has a lot of choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal with friendsEnjoyinglife1Dined on 2/18/2014We had a fantastic time getting together at Panevino-- the food was excellent, the service attentive but not obvious, and our surroundings there were perfect for our group of women friends to laugh and talk and appreciate our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to CelebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014My sister and I always treat each other for our birthday. This year for her birthday we went to Panovino. When we got to the door she sais "oh, bread and wine", she is a Spanish teacher!! The service was nice and the food great. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayPhilDined on 2/14/2014Not too surprised that the restaurant was very busy as it was Valentine's Day. The atmosphere was noisy and the place was jumpin'. This was our first visit to Panevino. Friends suggested thier pasta but the "fixed price" menu had not paeta entree although there was a ravioli appetiser. My wife had the veal medalions: good presentation, nice flavor profile but they were a little tough. I had the Seafood Risotto: good presentation, sumptuous portion size, excellent balance of seafood to rice and an outstanding flavor. Price with a cocktail and glass of wine was about $130 total with tip. We'll be back for "date night" again, later this year.Special Features:
- Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014Had a very nice dinner for Valentine's Day. The food was excellent and the service was very good. They gave every couple a red rose, which was a nice touch. The menu was limited (which is typical for Valentine's Day) but everything was tasty. My husband really enjoyed the filet which was done perfectly. Looking forward to going back and trying the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousJen13Dined on 2/14/2014The food was Amazing!! I will definitely go back! Service was friendly. We sat in the "sunflower" area. Didn't like sitting so close to kitchen but nevertheless a great experience! I did feel like the area was removed and not as loud as I thought it would be. I couldn't stop talking about the delicious food to friends, even posted pics of meal on FB lol. Lobster Ravoli and tilapia with tomatoes lemon and garlic! Yum!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accomodating requestscinjoDined on 2/14/2014We reserved for Valentine's Day on January 1 and requested a quiet, secluded table. We dined early (5PM) and when we arrived there were tables open everywhere. Plenty could be considered "private", but we were put right out in the middle of a room, close to the kitchen entrance and next to the bar. This same owner failed with another restaurant because he and his partner catered to anybody with and MD or Esq after their name while ignoring everyone else. We dine out nearly every night choosing locally owned over chains and visited enough to at least serve a "Hello, thanks for coming again" but it was not to be. Think twice.
- Favorite Chef in Berks County..JeaneneDined on 2/8/2014I didn't realize Chef Brennan was at Panevino's when I made my reservations for a Saturday evening. As my friend and I were chatting I saw Chef and was very excited!! He has the talent of making all foods light, distinct and delicious! The wait staff was courteous, prompt and well groomed. I love the decor and will definitely turn and inform friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChicFiscoDined on 2/1/2014Chic place, elegant, quiet, great food, variety of dinner choices, service is great and prices are reasonable. Perfect for a get together or a date or to impress. I will recommend this place and it will be from now on my place for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- Good food, poor serviceBobbyVIPDined on 2/1/2014This is a tough one, in that we support Mr. Brennan's sincere hard work. We had dinner at Panevino last night. We were placed at a table near the door and it was freezing there; impossible to sit there. The staff nicely moved us but to a busy, narrow aisle next to a wall. My wife spent the next hour ducking to prevent being decapitated by the wait and bus staff rushing by with large platters. Come on, man. A young waiter delivered a bowl of pasta fagiol soup with nothing but broth (obviously skimmed off the top and was returned) and the floor manager who placed our check on the table before our dessert came out. Mr. Brennan has a small group of excellent staff, and a large amount of unpolished staff that needs serious remediation.
- could have been.....mr1612Dined on 2/1/2014My group spent almost $300 plus tip. Table of 6 at 6:45pm on a Saturday night. We waited 25 minutes for our drink..was told they were very busy because of a show across the street....seemed understaffed. Then the order for food "Didnt go through" and we needed to reorder after giving our order 10 minutes after we had given it the first time. Food was awesome and well priced, but the bar kills the customer with $12 and $13 drinks of B&B and some other liquers and dont apologize for the pricing. The price for one drink is almost the cost of 1/2 bottle at state store! That is not right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK...Matt84Dined on 2/1/2014Food was good, but took a long time between being seated, getting a menu, ordering, and receiving our food. Water was a slightly rare commodity. Restaurant seemed understaffed. Not a favorite of ours.Special Features:
- First timerJustus206Dined on 1/25/2014Not being from the area I chose an Open Table option and was definitely pleased! Food and service was awesome, Table side service and presentation of the Sole was a special and enjoyable treat. A little louder than I wished for but not overly obnoxious. Next time I'll request a table away from the bar. Yes, I'm already planning a return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed on this occasionpenelopeVIPDined on 1/24/2014I have eaten here many times and always begin with the fabulous calamari...and they were fabulous! However—the sweetbread entree was a huge disappointment. The portion was so meager—three or four tiny morsels. In contract, my friend had a huge portion of lump crab with both spinach and rice sides. So...you might ask for portion size and match it to your appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.