Panevino - Reading
25 N 2nd Street
Reading, PA 19601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Panevino - Reading
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.panevinoreading.com/
- Phone: 6103761101
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 4:30pm- 9:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: David Brennan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Panevino's "Catering to your tastes" is available for all of your catered needs.
- Private Party Contact: David Brennan 6103761101
A word from Panevino - Reading
Chef David Brennan's newest creation Panevino-featuring rustic regional Italian cuisine. From homemade pastas to grilled Tuscan pizzas and braised lamb shank with polenta. The food is healthy and fresh. Dinner is enhanced by soothing live music Friday's and Saturday's. Enjoy impeccable service for intimate dining accompanied by Berks county's finest wine list featuring over 150 wines from all over the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Panevino - Reading - Best Restaurants in Reading ›
Panevino - Reading reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)good for groups (33)notable wine list (32)fit for foodies (26)romantic (26)neighborhood gem (25)hot spot (8)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Service was slow. I suspectOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/22/2011Service was slow. I suspect the fault was in the kitchen as our server said there were several large parties. The server could have been more forthcoming with information regarding the delay. I had made a reservation for 6 but was shown to a table for 4. Our reserved table for 6 was not ready.Special Features:
- only open for 3 weeks or so,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/22/2011only open for 3 weeks or so, not bad but there are some things that need to be worked out. service was a bit slow at times. menu was very broad & interesting. pasta wasn't overcooked -- which is a must! dessert (the special of ricotta cheesecake with orange sauce) was good, but still a bit frozen in the middle! prices are not bad. i hope once the restaurant is up & running for a bit that these issues will get resolved. we will certainly return in a month or so and see if these issues are resolved because there were quite a few menu items worth trying.
- One person in our group hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/21/2011One person in our group had the lobster ravioli and said it was excellent - the soft shell crabs were very good. The bar was crowded and noisey when we first arrived. The bar staff was friendly and attentive.
- Great new place, and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/21/2011Great new place, and very reasonably priced. Will definitly be backSpecial Features:
- Great Date Night!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2011Food was very good,fresh, and made to order including the pasta. The drinks are too pricey especially the wine, but the service was great. Overall, a great date night for me and my wife. We will definitely visit again...Special Features:
- Food was wonderful and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2011Food was wonderful and the service was terrific. My only negative was the 45 minute wait for our entree.Special Features:
- Good and should get better...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/20/2011The entrance and "waiting area" are too small and the hostess needs to be at her front station as much as possible. Several customers, including myself, were confused when we entered. I assume that will get better with time as the staff figures it out. We were seared in a corner at the front of the building and it seemed a little too dark there (especially with the tiny descriptive writing on the drink menu). The wait staff was, for the most part, very good. It did take a long, long time for us to get our entrees, although we were in no rush and enjoying ourselves. The food was very good and the presentation was even better. I think this restaurant will get better and should "make it". I hope more will follow to downtown Reading.Special Features:
- Good but SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2011Very trendy, new restaurant. Food was great, wine was great...service was VERY slow. Way too long of a wait (1.5 hours) just for appetizers...then another wait for dinner. Reservations for 7:30pm...finished eating at 11pm. But I would go back...will give them a one-time new restaurant pass on the slow service assuming they are working out those kinks. Friendly staff. It's definitely worth a try...just don't plan on catching a 9pm movie at the IMAX after dinner!Special Features:
- Reservation at 7:30 for 4,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/20/2011Reservation at 7:30 for 4, seated at 7:30, salads at 9:30, asked for bread at 8:30. Two hour wait for lettuce?? As much as we want to support this restaurant in downtown Reading, it will be hard to return.
- I feel that we were at a tableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2011I feel that we were at a table that was forgotten. We were in a corner and felt like an inconvience to the staff. We did notice that the tables were very close to the bar and saw a couple of people complain to the people standing because they kept bumping in to them while they were eating. The food was very good and hot and I did enjoy the ambiance. Staff was pleasant. I think after a couple more weeks it will be a very well running machine with lots of character.Special Features:
- We had a pretty big group,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2011We had a pretty big group, and while waiting to be seated it was clear our decision to book our reservation ahead of time was a good one. The place was packed and the mood was festive. Maybe it was the fact that the sun was shining at 7PM for the first time in a week or that the wonderful aromas circulating throughout the dining room were drawing us home to the mother ship. Both were good reasons for me. All 11 of us were quickly seated and treated to delicious appetizers, a complimentary tasting sampler, and our favorite beverages. Just as our main courses arrived a duo of female singers started performing and the night was complete. The food and service was great, and the overall experience was excellent. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- The food and wine list areOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2011The food and wine list are superb! Finally, a restaurant in Reading that provides that little extra "something!"Special Features:
- We made reservations for 5:45OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2011We made reservations for 5:45 and they took us right away, which was great. However, our server was not that friendly and forgot to bring something we had asked for. The food was ok. We enjoyed the appetizers more than our entrees. My chicken & spinach wasn't very flavorful and my husband's pasta reminded us a bit of Chef Boyardee. The bread was really good, though. I guess for the price I wasn't very impressed. The atmosphere was decent.
- Exceptional food, attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2011Exceptional food, attentive service, wonderful atmosphereSpecial Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2011We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Panevino. The menu was varied and enticing. My husband had the crab cakes and I had veal saltimbocca and both were delicious. We got plenty of food for the price. The desserts did not disappoint either. My husband said it was the best tiramasu he ever had. We were so full we could barely walk, but it was so worth it. Our waitress was friendly, informative and accommodating of our party of eight. We will be back soon to try something new from the menu. Congratulations to Chef David Brennan. He has done it again.Special Features:
- The restaurant is attractivelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2011The restaurant is attractively decorated, and would have scored well for ambiance if not for the loud and intrusive musician that evening. Service was impeccable. The crab and clam chowder and the arugula salad were both excellent. The crab pizza had a generous amount of absolutely huge lumps of crab, but the combination with cooked spinach and fontina cheese was bland. The prosciutto pizza had a wonderful combination of flavors, with figs, goat cheese, and balsamic glaze, but was difficult to eat because the large pieces of fig fell off. The pizza crust itself was not anything special. Having previously enjoyed Chef Brennan's food at Chat-A-While, we will be back, but will choose entrees the next time.
- My wife and I went to PanevinoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2011My wife and I went to Panevino after reading an article in the Reading Eagle newspaper about the restaurant opening and decided to give it a try for our anniversary dinner. We loved it, everything about it, we will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Lovely new addition to downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2011Great little Italian place, convenient to the IMAX and free parking! The salads that come with each entree are TO DIE FOR good. Although the seating is fairly close together, it was easy to have a conversation without overhearing the table next to us. Live music and great desserts added to the overall ambiance.Special Features:
- A Nice Addition to Downtown ReadingGarthfisDined on 5/13/2011My wife and I liked our dining experience at Panevino. It's not a place that I would rave about and tell everyone they must go to, but it was good overall. We did love our arugula salads in a cool and tasty parmesan cheese bowl and I was very happy with my beef carpaccio appetizer. My seafood risotto was a bit on the pasty side, but decent. The portions are generous so we did not have room for dessert. The service was quick and pleasent, the ambiance was relaxed and the free parking is a plus.
- Just had a wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2011Just had a wonderful dinner at Panevino. The menu was thoughtful and offered many options without being overwhelming. The service was very attentive and friendly. Best of all the food looked great and tasted even better. I'll definitely be returning and recommending to friends. The greater Reading area needs more good restaurants and Panevino is a welcome addition. Kudos to the owners for locating downtown.Special Features:
- Good Food/Slow ServiceBillDined on 5/10/2011Food was very good, but service was slow- it took a long time (over 15 minutes) for water & a menu and restaurant was only half full. I think the decor is very attractive.Special Features:
- The atmosphere seemed likeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011The atmosphere seemed like it needs a little longer to flesh out since we went there during the second week of its grand opening, but the layout was very quaint and fancy. Our service was fantastic; the courses of our meals came out perfectly in sync. Staff all seemed polite and amiable. The bread was okay, didn't seem to have much flavor to it. Caesar salads were delicious. The spicy crab and clam chowder was one of my favorite parts of the night, it was exquisite. Lobster ravioli was a table favorite, as were the ricotta fritters as a dessert. Most of the desserts come with delicious fresh raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries which is very refreshing and a nice way to end a meal. I would come back and try different entrees.Special Features:
- perfect portionseveryone enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011perfect portionseveryone enjoyed their meals-unique and tasty. we will be back
- Perfect atmosphere, greatBillyBDined on 5/8/2011Perfect atmosphere, great food, new gem of a restaurant.Special Features:
- concernOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2011It was my first time coming to your restaraunt, and for it just opening a few days before I was very impressed. Very fancy place and its nice to have more of that around. Food was excellent and had good portions and pricing is very reasonable.Special Features:
- Rustic Italian food at itsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/7/2011Rustic Italian food at its best! LOVED the starter plate w/gorgonzola, balsamic, grape, olive and strawberry. Appetizer (fryer peppers w/crostini) was wonderful. Choice of any salad on menu w/entree was a nice surprise. Pasta entree was great...husband's steak dish was good. Free parking in garage above restaurant is so convenient too. Wait staff was accommodating and pleasant.Special Features:
- We both had sea food. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2011We both had sea food. The shrimp and salmon were a little older tasting for both of us. the Crab cake had a little too much breeding in them. Service was outstanding. Deserts were fantastic. We will try it again but not for the seafood. We noticed the door to the wine area was open the entire time we were there.
- Food was very good and professionalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2011Food was very good and professionally prepared. Prices very reasonable. Service was very professional. Desserts were fantastic. Relaxed - nicely paced and enjoyable dinner experience. We were not rushed through the meal. This was a Mother's day dinner and we all had a great time. Thanks.Special Features:
- The special selection vealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/6/2011The special selection veal dish was very good, the ceaser salad was week, not enough flavor or fixins for me, no anchovies, my mother liked the bread because it was soft, I prefer hard crust, wine grew on me, and coffee was decent. Servie needs some work but still early on, so we will give it another try soon.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2011What an amazing dining experience! The service was superb, the food incredible, the ambiance outstanding. Clearly 5-Star all the way! Chef David Brennan and his fabulous staff have really outdone themselves.Special Features:
- Location, parking atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2011Location, parking atmosphere and service was all very good. Pricing was reasonable except we felt that wine by the glass was a little high for all but 3 house wines that were $6 a glass. And each glass was noteably measured out. The music was too loud, but that is an easy fix. I expect it could become very noisy with a full house. Unfortunately we did not think that the food was particularly flavorful. Certainly we will give it another try but if the food remains tasteless we will not return. I think that is why we stopped going to Nick's years ago.Special Features:
- The beauty of the decor wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/1/2011The beauty of the decor was only surpassed by the quality of the food. My wife and I felt special in how we were treated by the waitress and staff @ Panevino in Reading.Special Features:
- Excellent food...a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2011Excellent food...a little slow between salad and main course.Special Features:
- Food choices are very adequateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2011Food choices are very adequate without putting a strain on the ownership to have an overabundance. Portions from appetizers, salads, soups, entrees and desserts are very adequate. Physical layout has several options including a bar, tables near the bar, a separation of a larger dining room from the bar and a meeting room that can easily be used for corporate luncheons to private parties. The corner of the restaurant that is occupied by the pastry department is a very nice touch. The restaurant location should become a choice to visit while on your way to a destination or on your way back from a destination. It has it all.Special Features:
- Spectacular! From start toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2011Spectacular! From start to finish the food was delicious and the service was great!Special Features:
- Dinner & a Show - It's a GoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2011With a short walk to the Reading IMAX Theatre for dinner and a show, great prices for a high- quality dining experience, or a fabulous appetizer/dessert faire it will make a great late night spot for an after show stop from the Sovereign Center or Sovereign Performing Arts Shows. Parking is convenient and free and the decor is fabulous. We had been awaiting Chef Brennan's opening in the convenient downtown location. Last note. Best Calamari appetizer I have ever had. It was a meal in itself!!!!!!!!!!!! Craig Laudenslager - Environaire Corporation - President / CEOSpecial Features: