Buca di Beppo - Albany
44 Wolf Road
Colonie, NY 12205Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Albany
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 5184592822x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Brian Townsend
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Albany
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Buca di Beppo - Albany - Best Restaurants in Albany ›
Buca di Beppo - Albany reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (42)special occasion (24)kid-friendly (22)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (6)romantic (5)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- WonderfulCgrepDined on 4/12/2014My family have been there many times and for special occasions. Truly enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EatsBigAlDined on 4/10/2014I have been to Buca in Albany, NY many times and have never been disappointed. The portions are huge, you eat well and there's always left-overs to take home. This is a fun place to take your family or friend and have a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was very excellent. I wouldcdta2627Dined on 4/6/2014It was very excellent. I would recommend this restaurant to everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great family get togetherCharlesVIPDined on 3/29/2014This is the best place for a family with small kids. Good, plentiful food for a good price.
- Always great food and plentyluvyourfoodDined on 3/28/2014Always great food and plenty of it. Our waiter was right on top of everything. Enjoying eating with you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet 16 celebrationmommaof4Dined on 3/26/2014we brought my daughter and 7 of her friends here for a 16th birthday celebration dinner. All of the staff were really friendly, our waitress was outstanding, the food was terrific and everyone had a great time! I've told several people already they should consider Buca di Beppo for dinner or celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Resteraunt With StyleDaiseyDined on 3/23/2014Arrived 1/2 hour early we got to our table immediately the waitress was very accommodating and attentive. Food portions for a small was very large took alot of food home. Food was A++ wait time was very quick. Definately go back for another family dinner. Would Reccommend to all ages for a great, reasonable,place to eat.Special Features:
- More than I expectedDadof5Dined on 3/22/2014We went to Buca after a friend's recommendation. Pulling in to parking lot doesn't give a clue what the inside is like. Hostess was super friendly. We had made reservations so she took us on a trip thru the kitchen to our table with no wait at all. Waiter was good. Answered all of our first-time questions with a smile. Drinks came out quick, bread soon to follow. Apps were at the table within 5-6 minutes. Family style bowls of food came out less than 10 minutes later. Huge portions!!! We were offered dessert but were too full to try any.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday!BenndebkDined on 3/21/2014My wife and I had eaten here before and it was good. It was so crowded we had to eat at the bar. She wanted to go back for her birthday so I made the reservation online. Everything was great. Food, service and atmosphere were top notch. Thanks for making my wife's 50th birthday great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meatballs to die for!JemmyVIPDined on 3/15/2014Buca is definitely a great choice for large groups because even their small portions feed at minimum 2 if not 3 persons. So for a party of 2 it is difficult to figure out what is not too much and iif leftovers (sure to have some) will be as good the next day or two/ Well, go for the meatballs - order all three and a side of Spaghetti Marinara. This combination is not only perfect for two but you can indulge on the best and biggest meatballs on the planet! Yum!Special Features:
- It is what it isOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/7/2014This restaurant is fine if you are looking for a casual kid-friendly Italian picnic. Service was okay as was the food, but it was not what we were looking for in an evening dining spot for just the two of us. Everyone else seemed to be having a great time, so I think it was just not a good fit for us.Special Features:
- Birthday Bash!Lovefood2786Dined on 2/23/2014Buca di bepo was delicious!! The waitress had her hands full with us and we were all very satisfied!! I would do this again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but...marcVIPDined on 2/17/2014As a single diner, eating here is a challenge; the menu is geared towards family style dining. That said, I had the small veal saltimbocca and a side of spaghetti with meat sauce. The food was quite good and obviously, too much for just myself. That said, I probably will not be back. The decor is SO overdone. I understand that these are corporate places with a corporately designed theme. But Buca di Beppo is like someone's idea of an Italian restaurant whose designer's only exposure to Italians is the Godfather or Goodfellas. Too much of a good thing, but hey - if it works, fuggedaboutit.
- College Visit Must DineCollegeTouristDined on 2/16/2014We were in Albany, NY for the College of St. Rose reception/tour and needed a place to dine for dinner. Since we had a great dining experience at the Buca di Beppo in Pittsburgh, PA -we were extremely excited to make our dinner reservation at the Albany location. We even signed up for restaurant e-mail and got a free small dish coupon (great value!). It was just like what we remembered. Great food, friendly staff and plenty of good conversation around all of it's eccentric Italian memorabilia and photos on the walls. We event took home leftovers-like the menu suggests. This place is great for groups and family dining. Visit this restaurant if you are in the area.Special Features:
- Italian foodie likes buca do beppoItalianfoodieDined on 2/16/2014We had the calamari, tomato and mozzarella and garlic mozzarella bread appetizers. All were good. We also had the veal, pasta with meat sauce, stuffed chicken and spicy pasta for dinner. With six of us, we ordered large on all the orders as everything is served family style and it was the right amount of food for all. Our favorites were the veal and the chicken dishes, none was left. The decor and music bring you back to the 40's and 50's with old photos and big band music. The walls are covered in photos as there are no windows and you walk through the kitchen to get to some of the seating area. All in all, we had a nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick and Easy!FinzzupDined on 2/14/2014Made a last minute reservation on Valentines Day (for the family). When we arrived, there was a 2+ hour wait for walk-ins. Made me love this app so much more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but...FrequentdinerDined on 2/14/2014I'm a frequent customer at BUCA;have held parties there. food is excellent/great value and my guests can't wait to go back. However service on valentine's day was lacking, compared to what I'm used to. 1st, seating made us feel like we were in a room of speed daters! 2nd, we ordered fast, yet were forgotten about. The table next to us literally saw 3 different couples arrive, order, eat and LEAVE before we received our meal! We questioned staff; they were just "busy" our "food was coming." I would have appreciated an honest "your food was accidentally given to another table that ordered the same thing." But no. Saw so many couples arrive, order, eat and leave that for the 1st time we were ready 2 leave!Usually takes 45 min., vday = 2 hours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines dinnerADSchultzDined on 2/14/2014Although the restaurant was packed for the holiday the wait staff and the kitchen crew were very nice and served in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once an gain bucatini doesn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Once an gain bucatini doesn't disappoint great food great service definitely a go to spot for meSpecial Features:
- DelishMrsFrizzyDined on 2/14/2014We went for a Valentines Day dinner,just two otf us and it was Very good. The ambience was not as romantic as I would have liked, more family oriented, but that's ok. I'm very glad we made reservations because just as we got there, 5:30 on a Friday nite, the entrance started filling up! They took us right away and our server was very good....nice...good with people and efficient. We had been there but not for some years....so it was brand new to me. The food was really good, and since I signed up online they sent me a coupon for a free side. It was a complete dish of spaghetti, not just a tiny bowl, impressed. We had chicken parm and chicken marsela...both very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines for 7LoveDined on 2/14/2014My partner and I took our kids out to dinner for valentines and the staff accommodated us, the family style meals were perfect and no one looked annoyed with us. It was so cute to see the kids and partner happy and the waitress interact with the kids. Great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT VALENTINE'S DAYWitchDined on 2/14/2014My husband AND i went out for dinner for Valentine's Day. IT WAS EXCELLENT! I have been to Buca several times. We were so impressed we held our son's rehearsel dinner there. The food and accommodations were EXCELLENT. Everyone treated us like we were the only event in the whole restaurant! I have never, ever been disappointed with the food or the staff. Everyone is personable and very, very accommodating. I LOVE BUCA!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Fun atmospherecabmab97Dined on 2/8/2014This is a place to go if you are not looking for a quiet romantic dinner, it is very loud but fun. Cosmos are ok but not the greatest. Food was fabulous and so much food, we are still eating it a day later. Definitely a place everyone should experience. Great decor, very cute and funny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed at Buca...WishOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2014Never disappointed at Buca...Wish there was one located on Long Island!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dateJLuvDined on 2/7/2014I took my husband out for his birthday. He loves the place. The food was great. Our waitress could have been better but we had a good time and good food. Well be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As far as chain italian restaurantsAndy58VIPDined on 2/1/2014As far as chain italian restaurants go, Buca is one of the better ones. We have enjoyed everything we have ordered. We had a pizza and the 1893 salad and both were great. As this Buca has been around for a while, it is in need of a refresh to the upholstery and the carpeting. The service was excellent as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodlisaDined on 2/1/2014Great food but wish they had bigger tables it was a little tight with all the big dish an people but you will definitely not leave there hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodwoowoo13Dined on 1/26/2014Nothing bad can be said. Always accommodating, always pleasant, and always delicious.Special Features:
- Buca always has good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2014Buca always has good food. The only down side of this restaurant is that it is loud. Safe for kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ReviewFood317Dined on 1/18/2014This place is wonderful. Great food and fun atmosphere. I would highly recommend it for large groups!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great economical lunchwalkaDined on 1/7/2014Lunch portions were great because they are a smaller size than the dinner menu. The dinner menu is rather larger. A great idea is to offer lunch size portions for seniors and children at dinner time. I marked noise level moderate as their was helicopter noise due to the location of Albany Buca di Beppeo near Albany airport. Vice President Biden was in Albany at the time we were having lunch at Buca's. I love the decor. A real neighborhood gem for the decor. Making reservations over the internet was very easy. All foodies will like Buca's. Great for lunch and of course DINNER.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2014I had been to this particular Buca before and had found no issue in the past but was sorely disappointed by my recent experience. We were there on a Saturday night and it was very busy so we were understanding to an extent. It took a very long time for our waitress to come to our table to take our order. Then our water came without lemon which we had specifically asked to have. But again they were busy so that was fine. Next it took another 20 minutes to get our bread which came with no butter or oil. We asked for it and never received it until we asked again at which point our bread was pretty much gone. However it was really the last straw when our twenty dollar chicken park arrived.
- Dinner for 7NewYearDined on 1/1/2014Table was ready for us when we arrived. Sat us at a big roomy table in a warm room (Freezing night). Big menu with Good choices. Salads and app's were very good. Tons of food (ordered too much) which was very good. Service was outstanding, waitress was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great SpecialDine14Dined on 12/31/2013Everything was great Special needs we're not met t however when leaving mgmt was not busy but did not help with exit when help was needed because of canes and walkersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typically GreatNotSoMuchThisTimePeggyDined on 12/25/2013We were here on Christmas Day. Typically, we have had great service. This time it was rather disappointing. Understanding it was Christmas, the food would naturally be a bit slower. We started with a salad. We had to ask our server three times for plates and silverware. We finally had to ask a different server for utensils. When the food came out, our salad plates and platter sat there. We stacked them for our server, however, they remained through the entire dinner. When we were finished, we waited at least 20 minutes for the server to come back to wrap the remaining food and to bring the bill back.Very disappointed with the quality of the service. The food was quite good.Special Features:
- Christmas Day DinnerMimfDined on 12/25/2013Our family of four planned to meet up in Albany on Christmas Day to see a movie and go out for dinner. There were only two restaurants open in the entire NYS capital city. We wanted one that was more relaxed so I booked this one on OpenTable for 4pm. Good thing I did because it was packed. First visit for everyone and we loved it. Lots of menu choices. My favorite was the Apple Gorgonzola Salad. Very different with cranberries and walnuts. Huge portions for 2 or for 4 . We stuck to smaller and took home lots of leftovers. Fabulous choice for a special family day and we were so glad they stayed open. As we were leaving, walk-ins were being turned away. It is a huge place with many tables and they were all occupied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceChristmasDined on 12/25/2013Our service wasn't very good which was kind of disappointing. The most disapointing was the lack of lasagna! We were so excited to order 2 orders of it and it was all out! Two o'clock and it was out..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had Christmas dinner herecazcat13Dined on 12/25/2013Had Christmas dinner here and it couldnt have been better. The food was excellent, the service was excellent and thankfully they were open and we were able to have a wonderful Christmas dinner.Special Features:
- Merry ChristmasnyjimmyDined on 12/25/2013We always enjoy a meal at Buca's and Christmas was no different.Special Features:
- Taking Mom to Christmas dinnerchristmasDined on 12/25/2013There are very few restaurants open on Christmas Day, most of them very upscale. The most comfortable seemed to be Buca di Beppo, so that's where we took Mom at noon. Greeters and seaters were great, the dining room was cold. I did a silly thing - I ordered veal marsala. Over half an hour later, I received chicken marsala with a sauce that seemed to be one of those reconstituted from a solid cube. Having made veal marsala from scratch at home. I appreciate that it's a lot of time and effort to do, and that's really hard to fit into their business model. The baked ziti was really dry and needed the extra sauce that many people serve with it, but not here.