Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall)
714 Grape Street
Whitehall, PA 18052Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 6102643389x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Talon Tyeryar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall)
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall) - Best Restaurants in Allentown ›
Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall) reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (24)special occasion (19)kid-friendly (13)great for lunch (10)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (5)romantic (5)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great Fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2011Our birthday celebration was a big hit! Garret our waiter was attentive but not overpowering and the manager stopped by several times to make sure all was well.The birthday song was great! The abundant, delicious food was suuper and enjoyed by all members of the family.Special Features:
- Very good service, attentivnessOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2011Very good service, attentivness from managers just checking on clients- will go there again.Special Features:
- My food was very tasty whileOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2011My food was very tasty while my husband's was not as spicy as anticipated. It was very noisy in the restaurant. Service was too much, always checking back if everything was satisfactory. Amount of food was abundant!!Special Features:
- They gave us extra dessertCathyOCDined on 10/1/2011They gave us extra dessert when our order was not correct. Great place to get together with family and friendsSpecial Features:
- We had a party of 9 peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2011We had a party of 9 people which they readily accomodated. Our server was very cheerful and efficient. The portions were ridiculously huge, but we were warned that the "small" was intended for 2-3 people. That was good to know, but caused us also to order more food than we could possibly eat because not everyone wanted to share. The atmosphere is fun and festive with quite an eclectic collection of photos and artwork decorating every foot of wallspace. For a family restaurant there were maybe a few too many exposed body parts in the decor.... But we all had a lot of laughs and enjoyed the food. Yes we would go again.Special Features:
- My Happy Birthday!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2011Went to Buca for my birthday!! The food was awesome. The service was outstanding.Special Features:
- everything from the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2011everything from the service to the meal was great. would recommend to to everyone.Special Features:
- Our waitress in WhitehallOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2011Our waitress in Whitehall pa at 7:30 p.m. Was Amanda, a considerate young girl who very personable, we were never without drinks and had our food about 20 minutes after we offered our food. It was my girlfriends first time there and we had a great time! It is the first time I ever took the time to type a review about a restaurant!Special Features:
- I have been there before andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2011I have been there before and this experience wasn't as good as before. Service was a little slow not because server was bad I think because she was overwhelmed. The restaurant is way to noisy. We had to raise our voices just to be heard. Way too too many birthday celebrations. I heard the staff sing the bday song 6 times in 40 minutes. It became just down right obnoxious.Special Features:
- Garret we came for food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2011The waiter took our order and told us he would be right back with some bread. Eventually as we sat with our empty glasses another server showed up with our food and our waiter finally showed up with our bread. His inattention totally ruined the dining experience.
- No other Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2011No other Italian restaurant that I've been to serves food where every single dish is distinctive to the next and all bursting with flavor. This is not just cheese and tomato sause, which I love, but I 10 times more. I love this food. The atmosphere is fantastic. It's as though every single person in the restaurant is experiencing a party. It is a joyous and happy sound every where. I love it.Special Features:
- Excellent Service Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/3/2011Excellent Service Food was great Waiting time was awesome. It took less than 5 minutes to get what we orderedSpecial Features:
- Family of 8!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2011Our waiter was really good. Friendly attentive and easy to talk to! The atmosphere was very friendly and in the quieter areas, romantic. My two younger cousin's loved it there and Buca was very accommodating for the younger crowd. Our group of 8 fit at the table easily and there were bigger tables for groups, so it's obviously a perfect group location! A great experience all around.Special Features:
- We had a party of 9 (6 adultsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2011We had a party of 9 (6 adults + 4 children) for my son's birthday party dinner. We ordered 3 large entree's, a large salad and 2 large appetizers, fearing this would be too much food. It was not. The food was very well prepared, freshly made and excellent tasting. Service was also good. I would have liked to have had more quantity for the "large" size portions we ordered. It was also a bit pricey too, considering that we didn't have any alcoholic beverages. Total bill was over $240 including/ tip. That's ~ $26 / person. IMHO that's a little high for a family-style Italian food joint. As I stated earlier, service was good and energetic. We always like the ambiance of Buca with all the great art work and interesting pictures.Special Features:
- This was my 2nd time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2011This was my 2nd time dining with you. I had a good experience. Food was good. Was not to impressed with the meatballs on the spegetti. Suprising since it is Italian I thought they would be out of this world. Wouldn't get it again. Everything else was top shelf! I loved the chicken Alfredo. Antipasto salad was good. Mashed potatoes are always good. Servings were large. Plenty of food for everyone. Thanks for a good time.Special Features:
- The staff was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2011The staff was excellent and we were very grateful to Buca's that they allowed us to bring our own cake to celebrate my daughter's baptism. They were gracious enough to cut and serve it as well. The best day, we really enjoyed it. Chicken Marsala and the Garlic Mashed Potatoes were my favorite. The Italian Margarita was made Perfectly!!!!Special Features:
- This place is great for families.ChuckVIPDined on 8/14/2011This place is great for families. There were many kids in the room and they seemed to be having a great (loud) time. Food was good. Started with garlic cheese bread. It tasted good but would have been better with dipping sauce. It was better when they had the bread that came in the pizza pan. Lasagna was okay. Spicy Chicken Rigatoni was excellent. Italian Cream Cake was large but very light. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Delicious food. A tad moreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2011Delicious food. A tad more expensive than Olive Garden but with healthy portions and good, flavorful traditional fare, well worth it. Three adults and one toddler ate for about $34.Special Features:
- My girlfriends and I cameOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2011My girlfriends and I came in for lunch on the weekend. We were mostly chatting and catching up. The waitstaff was understanding and paced our meal accordingly. We had the apple walnut salad and chicken carbonara. Both were excellent. For dessert we had the apple crostada. It was delicious! I never had that before bit I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- The food is great for theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2011The food is great for the value and there is a good variety on the menu. I would suggest that one would ask for a table not near the kitchen as the noise is way too much.Special Features:
- LONG wait time on Free Lasagne DayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/28/2011The food was very good. Very good menu choices. Reasonable prices. Make a reservation for your table online. When we arrived for lunch, there was about a 15-30 minute wait. Many people were surprised that there was a such a wait. When we were being seated, the hostess took us through the kitchen and showed us around the restaurant. We were surprised that there were SO many people waiting at the door-even many reading a book!- when there were SO many open tables while we were "on tour". It appeared that there were only 2 waitreses and 1 server for the entire lunch time crowd. And it was a bigger crowd due to the "free lasagne" day. We noticed that many people were verbally disappointed at the 30 minute wait time! and left!
- Our server was such a sweetheartOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2011Our server was such a sweetheart and the atmosphere was great. I love Buca!Special Features:
- Move Over Olive Garden!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/10/2011Fantastic! Our server Dan rocked! I have no clue how Olive Garden across the street is in business!Special Features:
- All the staff was wondrful.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2011All the staff was wondrful. Very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Consistently good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/1/2011We've had a consistently good dining experience at Buca di Beppo. We generally visit for special occasions. Large portions and attentive servers make Buca something to look forward to.Special Features:
- Our waiter was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2011Our waiter was excellent. We had so much fun, and the food was great. Just loved it. Thanks.
- Great gluten-free food! ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2011Great gluten-free food! There a haf dozen small children wandering around unattended... It was made even louder by the fact that the restaurant tour stopped loudly 18" from our table to discuss the room we were in about 7 times during our meal while everyone stared at what we were eating. Suggest you ask to be seated in bar area, the tour ends before that and fewer children so it is quieter.Special Features:
- Slow and ColdOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/23/2011The service was very SLOW and when the entrees finally came out 3 of the 4 were cold. The waiter seem oblivious to our group after the order was taken. Drinks were left empty until we caught the waiter to ask for refills. Not a good experience!
- Too long to wait.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/12/2011We had an excellent server. The food was good. The problem was IT TOOK FOREVER to get anything. We had a 5:30 reservation. We got seated upon arrival. Our waitress took our drink orders, explained the menu. Came back took our order for appetizer, garlic bread. And took our order for dinner. That was the first 1/2 hour. Than we waited 1/2 hour for Plain bread to hold us over till our bread got there. Our bread finally comes now we are told that the lasagna we one of us ordered is not available. Can she bring something else. Orders a meatball and sauce, will share his wife's meal. Manager comes and apologizes for wait. I ask for some extra sauce for my rigatoni. It never comes. 3 1/2 hour meal. Not a good thing..Special Features:
- Waitress was polite and friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2011Waitress was polite and friendly but we waited at least 20 minutes just for soup and salad.Special Features:
- The atmosphere was great,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/29/2011The atmosphere was great, the staff was very friendly and went out of there way to help you. The food was delicious. My family had a great time. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- The food is amazing. Rich,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/28/2011The food is amazing. Rich, authentic tasting italian food! I love how you get take a tour of the kitchen to see where your food is made and the staff greet you with a smile!Special Features:
- The food was great as always,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/28/2011The food was great as always, the service was not as good as usual, I think maybe a new person, or just too many tables to handle.
- Service was terrible. WineLadyLCGDined on 5/22/2011Service was terrible. Wine wasn't brought for 30 minutes and then the waitress told us she didn't have an opener. Appetizer was forgotten and then brought after the dinner. She told us she would comp the dessert for my son whose graduation we were celebrating and then while he was eating it told us we would have to pay for it if we didn't sign up for their email communication. Tab included an item we did not purchase. Would never go back.
- Good fun, good food, kid-friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/21/2011This is my new favorite kid-friendly spot. My wife and I had not been here in years, but we decided to check it out with the kids along. The atmosphere is still as energetic as ever which the kids really enjoyed. The food was great and the service was very attentive. As always their portions are HUGE and we took some food home with us even though we ordered conservatively. If you're looking for a quiet, romantic dinner - this is probably not the place for you. But if you want a fun party atmosphere with LOTS of good food and drink for the whole family - then this is a great choice.Special Features:
- Smaller Portions and Bigger PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/20/2011It has been a while since our last experience at Buca and now I remember why. A $16 small pizza (they should call it Tiny!), a small pasta entree (18.95!)and vegetable side ($9) a carafe of Sangria and a child size beverage cost $76. The place was extremely Loud considering there were not many people there. The sangria was a one liter carafe filled to the brim with ice. We counted 4-5oz glasses which is just over a 1/2 liter. Our waitress was very rude and yanked the menu right out of my wife's hands while she was reading it so she could show us the specials and quickly removed items from our table that we were still using. We will not forget again and we will not be back. Ever!
- Great place for our largeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2011Great place for our large couples group get togethers.Special Features:
- Our waitress was exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2011Our waitress was exceptional and absolutely made the meal special!Special Features:
- Staff as always was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2011Staff as always was great even if they wanted to be with their family on the holiday they always make you feel welcome. Never had a problem.Special Features:
- Had a great time with my friends.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2011Had a great time with my friends. It was a lot of fun selecting our meal. We are very close so it was like having a family dinner.Special Features: