Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall)
714 Grape Street
Whitehall, PA 18052Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 6102643389x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Talon Tyeryar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall)
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall) - Best Restaurants in Allentown ›
Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall) reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (23)special occasion (18)kid-friendly (13)great for lunch (10)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (5)romantic (4)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- A fun experience!ChrisVIPDined on 9/26/2013This was my first time at Buca and it was a very fun dining experience. The decor was great and set a cool theme for dinner. We started with the calamari, which was simple yet fresh before having the antipasta and then two entrees. The portions are huge, as expected, but that did not detract from flavor. If you're looking for a fun night out, definitely try Buca!Special Features:
- Do not honor requests!DonthedinerDined on 9/13/2013I took my fiancé to Buca for her birthday. I made reservations and asked if they could sing to her. As dinner progressed I waited for the birthday song, unfortunately it never came. I know it is not a big deal, but I get a little upset when I expect my request would be taken care of, only to have it pushed aside. I could have discreetly excused my self from the table and gave a friendly reminder, but decided to see how customer oriented Buca was. I now know the answer to that. To make a long story short, I will never go back to Buca for any special occasion!Special Features:
- Great food and a nice placeKeenhoDined on 9/7/2013Great food and a nice place to enjoy a great meal with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big PortionOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/1/2013I am a big eater and the food always come delicious. The "small" portion is huge good for 2 or 3 people. Large is more for group of 4 or more. This is a family-style restaurant. Authentic recipes as far as I can tell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dishes were a little shortcrazysnowmenDined on 9/1/2013Dishes were a little short on meat. A large portion should be more than a few slices of chicken, especially when you pay $7.99 extra for them...I can buy 3 pounds of chicken for the 3/4 -1 lb that we received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was disappointingFredDined on 8/31/2013- server less attentive coated to prior experiences at other restaurants on this chain - I indicated my daughter's birthday as a special occasion on the reservation request - not recognized
- WonderfulAliaDined on 8/25/2013I always loved coming to Buca but when me and my now husband started dating it was our restaurant of choice. Between the beautiful atmosphere in the restaurant and the service and also the food you can't go wrong dining here. My husband and I celebrate all our anniversaries from when we started dating to just recently our one year wedding anniversary we always come back. This was the first time we ever made a reservation and they honored every request. Also a special mention to Hannah we had her before as a waitress and she never disappoints. She knows what customer service is all about..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland and BoringOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/25/2013Food lacked flavor is the best way to put it. Most marinara sauces from the local supermarket exceed their "Signature" sauce. And besides, they barely put any on their large spaghetti dish. The Apple Gorgonzola salad was the best part of our meal. Alfredo sauce also very bland. OK for vegetarians... but I can do better at homeSpecial Features:
- Celebrationproudmom1Dined on 8/23/2013We have been here many times and like to go there for celebrations ie Birthdays, Graduations and in this case, a new job. We like the family style serving. The food is always good and the atmosphere is festive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a lunch!NJKatDined on 8/3/2013Two friends & I came here for a late lunch. We ordered a liter of red sangria & a liter of white. Both were tasty but "happy fruit" was sparse- Score 2/5. In my opinion, sangria should be chock full of apples & oranges esp @ $25 per liter! We shared a small Apple Gorgonzola salad. Quite yummy & ample for 3 of us. Had a free coupon for a lasagna. Chose Regular (other option was chicken or veggie). Score (3/5) because I think the pasta was overcooked. The other 2 entrees we shared (Prosciutto stuffed chicken and Spicy chicken rigatoni) were better - Score 4 out of 5 on both. Chickenwas great but the rigatoni was not spicy at all (big letdown). The predominant flavor =garlic (vampires beware!). Italian creme cake for dessert (Score 4/5).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to this restaurantRobertCDined on 7/20/2013We have been to this restaurant many times and I have never had any issues, however this time the pasta dish we had was way over cooked. The manager did take it off the bill, as well as asked if we wanted a replacement. Love the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group hughappymouthDined on 7/17/2013Going to Buca with out a group is almost a waste of great food!. Love to order lots of different things to taste and share..everything is delish! Have to go there more often, just need to find the folks to go alongs.. (that shouldn't be hard!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting AtmosphereRichVIPDined on 7/7/2013We were a group of 10 people so they seated us at the Pope table, which is in a semi private room accessed by a brief walk through the kitchen. The room is heavily adorned with a myriad of Papal photos, memorabilia and there is even a bust of the Pope on the very large lazy suzan on the table. The food is served family style with some items being more than plentiful and others seemingly and proportionally much smaller than anticipated. For example, the "large" order of fried calamari was a normal portion, yet it is described as a "family portion." Be careful with what you order and the quantities of each item and it is very easy to over order. But that maybe a good thing as left-overs are readily packaged up for you to bring home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great if you have coupons.DonthedinerDined on 6/28/2013Amazing food, I really enjoy going to Buca. Since Buca is expensive, I only go when they have coupons such as bogo or 20 dollars off. Overall reasonable with coupons overpriced if you do not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Again !!AliceDined on 6/26/2013This was my second time here. It will be my last. The food was tasteless. The service was slow and the restaurant wasn't crowded. I requested a sample of wine prior to ordering and it was close to vinegar. Stay away.
- We had a wonderful time. Thetblefor8Dined on 6/15/2013We had a wonderful time. The service was fast and very friendly. Food was hot and plentiful. We all enjoyed our time at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeMimaDined on 6/14/2013It was our first time being and it was Great! They gave us a tour of the place through the kitchen & had 3,000 pictures on the walls. They had different rooms and explained each one. We were celebrating father's day and they made it memorable & since it was our first time we asked the server for some reccomendation and she did a great job. Overall this is the best place for italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/2/2013have never had a bad meal here. would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE WERE WELL SATISFIED WITHEdzfavitalianDined on 6/1/2013WE WERE WELL SATISFIED WITH EASE OF RESERVATION, FOOD AND SERVICE. NONE OF LEFT HUNGRY & THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantDtretDined on 5/31/2013Always a great place to eat. Good is fresh and always tastes great. Staff is always on top of their game. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/29/2013Buca di Beppo has been our 1st choice for family dinners and special occasions since we've moved here to Allentown. We always ask for the same table...and we get it! The service is excellent, the people are very friendly and best of all, the food is fresh and bountiful! We will always choose Buca over other chain eating establishments; it's more like home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge portions - but not great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/25/2013From the moment you walk in - the greet staff is friendly and very efficient. Everyone has a big smile on their face and seems to be enjoying being here. Tables aren't too close together, but the noise level is high. hard to converse quietly and because everyone has to talk loudly, you hear everyone's conversation. The portions are HUGE! This is one place you want to share your meals with others - so order items everyone likes. Overall, the food is good...but not inexpensive. The bread came out a bit cool. Salads were excellent. Veal dish was terrific. The pasta, chicken and broccoli dish was TASTELESS! We've had this dish before, many times, but this time it was a major disappointment. Our server was fantastic!Special Features:
- Anytime I've been therecitstjtj1960Dined on 5/18/2013Anytime I've been therecits always been a really nice experience. We love going there with a group. The staff is always cheerful & fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 5/18/2013The food was certainly plentiful (we had a LOT of leftovers). Quality of the food was just "OK". Certainly edible, definitely not memorable. Service was amateurish. Our waiter was friendly and pleasant, but he made a lot of mistakes. For example, dessert was brought to a table that still had dirty dishes on it, and was left with no forks or napkins. After dropping it off, we didn't see him again for over 10 minutes. I think this is an interesting place to go from the ambiance perspective, but it's not a place I'd put on the "regular" list.Special Features:
- Mother's Day diningpairfrompaDined on 5/12/2013I loved the convenience of making a reservation online. However, we arrived prior to our reservation time & we had to wait approx. 20 min. for our table because they were "running behind" according to the hostess. Not a big deal since I took into account it was a holiday. My main complaint is that our server was not so great. She seemed hurried, impatient, & not particularly friendly. Again, I realize it was a holiday but we are still your customer & deserve some respect! The food was great & we still had a good time overall. I would say give the place a try if you like Italian food. Lots of yummy options and great for large parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all about family at Buca's!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Celebrating Mother's Day at Buca's has become a tradition for my family. The food is outstanding and the servers treat you like family. I love the family-style serving portions. It's like eating in your own dining room at home but someone else does the cooking! We will definitely return next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only down was the drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013The only down was the drinks were not very good, one of our apps never arrived, And we wer not really offered anything special even though it was Mothers Day and our group had three moms there :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude staff when restaurant is busyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/12/2013The food service is way too fast. All food, including salads and entrees, were brought out at the same time. When we complained our server told us that there were 900 people dining now. To which we replied, and we are four of them so there is no excuse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Mother's Day!NewMomDined on 5/12/2013We went for lunch for Mother's Day, and the service was great, it was busy, but not too packed, and everyone was incredibly friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Lunch- Great Service!LeeEDined on 5/12/2013Bucca is always great for Italian cuisine and the mixture of funny and traditional ambiance. We ordered pizza, spaghetti, salad, and pasta (all small) and it was more than enough to feed the five of us and still take some home. Kevin, our, server, was great. He stopped by many times, smiling, and asking if we needed anything. He took part in some of our discussions and jokes and really exceeding our expectations for service especially on a super busy holiday. We loved the food, service, and the restaurant. Thanks for a great experience and Mother's Day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food here is very good.ITALIANDined on 5/12/2013The food here is very good. The decor really cool.Special Features:
- AtmosphereBlishaka88Dined on 5/12/2013Buca is a great place because every time you go there, you are in a different area and a different seat. The walls and ceiling are filled with italian decor and photos, and statues. It is always entertaining to see what surrounds you every time you go there. All of their meals are served in 'family size' So they're large orders that can feed 2-5 people. The food is good and the atmosphere is better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed MY DAYMomLuvsBuccaDined on 5/11/2013My daughters took me to Bucca for Mother's Day. We had all been there before, but enjoy the food so much so we figured what would be a better place to go than Bucca! It was GREAT to make a reservation!!! Our table was waiting for us and on a busy weekend like Mother's Day, it was REALLY great to have a reservation. That is another good reason to go to Bucca, besides the great food ! Everything was delicious and our server was very sweet and friendly. We just enjoy Bucca so much....our favorite is Chicken Carbonara, but that's just us. Their desserts are awesome too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BucaDoodDined on 5/4/2013Service was excellent. Majority of food was very good.Special Features:
- College Graduation Celebrationproudmom1Dined on 5/4/2013We celebrated my son's college graduation in the Pope Room. We had a party of 9 people and the room was intimate enough for us to have our own little celebration separate from the rest of the restaurant. The food was very tasty and the service was fantastic. Everybody had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a large party of 14,OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/21/2013We had a large party of 14, and the service was excellent, and the food very good! One thing to mention- I crossed my legs while sitting at the table, and gum became attached to my pants (gross!). Upon inspection, we found many, many other pieces attached to the underside of our table. I did nicely inform the manager of this, and showed him the gum on my pants. While he was profusely apologetic, it would have been nice if had he offered our large group a discount of some sort- or even a free appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a lovely dinner...greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2013We had a lovely dinner...great food, good service and a fun time. Brought out a free dessert for the birthday guy at our table. Everything was great...however, once we asked for it.....it Did take a long time to get the check.
- Food was good and we may goOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/7/2013Food was good and we may go again but the service we had was bad. We got a lot of sorry but really.Special Features:
- Our family enjoyed our entireOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/7/2013Our family enjoyed our entire time while dining. We drove over 2 1/2 hours just to dine at Buca!Special Features:
- Room for improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013While the ambiance was truly amazing and the concept of this restaurant very out of the box and interesting, we were left a little disappointed with the food after the amazing salad and just ok appetizers. As a party of 6, we ordered 3 different entrees to share and were assured by the wait staff that it would be more than enough. We were quite surprised how small the portions were and it was barely enough to share for 2 people much less have anyone else try anything from 1 platter. After having had appetizers and salad none of us were really starving, but we finished eating the main curse in less than 10 min and were left rather sad and somewhat hungry.The Tiramisu for desert was amazing and actually also enough for out entire table.Special Features: