Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall)
714 Grape Street
Whitehall, PA 18052Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 6102643389x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Talon Tyeryar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall)
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall) - Best Restaurants in Allentown ›
Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall) reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (34)special occasion (21)kid-friendly (21)fit for foodies (13)great for lunch (12)romantic (8)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great time to be had!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/8/2014We love going to Buca, we know the food will be spot on, and there will be lots of conversation and laughter. This time we went for my son's 15th birthday and we sat at the kitchen table. We were not disappointed and had a great time. Thank you for all you do.Special Features:
- First ExperienceMissy1Dined on 3/1/2014Our group of 4 included my 85 year old MIL who wears hearing aids, our table was in the Wine Room (right off of the kitchen) it was EXTREMELY loud....my MIL had to turn her hearing aids off because of the back ground noise and therefore could not hear the family conversation..This noise bothered all four of use....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner..clari1001Dined on 3/1/2014Love this place, great food, great drinks, and most importantly great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had requested a quieterjoyzmomDined on 3/1/2014We had requested a quieter table for my autistic daughter and the staff did alot to oblige us even on a busy saturday night. They even moved us from a table they had set up at the bar to another table. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/24/2014It was cold and the service wasn't good. It was not a good experience will not be back .Special Features:
- An off nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/21/2014We have eaten here many times and enjoyed ourselves. This trip seemed to be an off night. The food service was EXTREMELY slow. It took an hour to get our salad. Our dinners took the same. The waitress apologized many times, but a manager never came to our table. The food was good, but it was a disappointing visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday dinnerJim1952Dined on 2/18/2014The family style dinner was just what we wanted for our birthday celebration for my wife's 60th. The server recommended some entries for us and checked back with us many times to make sure we were enjoying our dinner. The food was very good and we had enough to take home. Would recommend Buca di Beppo for small and large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and happy Gf.AlexDined on 2/15/2014I have been to Buca di Beppo restaurants, in the past, with my family and my girlfriend. Both my girlfriend and I loved the food and the service was excellent. She had a wonderful dinner and was very happy. Which made me happy. I will definitely be returning to any Buca di Beppo for dinner.Special Features:
- foodLuv2dineout2Dined on 2/15/2014Awesome food and service love this place you get alot of food for what you pay for which is always nice .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good atmosphere.DpesqDined on 2/14/2014Good food and atmosphere but for price should get a lil more. Not a problem for special occasion but comes into play for normal trips outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayVdayDinerDined on 2/14/2014It was a great place for family and kids and love the family style, but food was a little bland for our tastes. Still service was great and so was the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHOLEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014we ALL thought the WHOLE exp. was outstanding. food, service, etc. very nice time. will come back again soon. thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dales 50th birthdayjewelDined on 2/7/2014We had 11 people in the pope room. the room was fun, this server was Bonnie, she was awesome and the food was great we all had a fabulous time!! Thank you for helping to make this birthday a Great one!There were 11 of us and everyone enjoyed our dining eexperience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come hungry!SeceroDined on 2/7/2014The portions are large so come hungry! The food arrived hot and was delicious. I will definitely be back but with a larger group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceDb11Dined on 2/1/2014Our party of 10 (7 adults and 3 young children) had a wonderful evening. The service and food were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tons of foodEd88Dined on 1/24/2014This is a great place to go with a group. They give you a TON of food and it's always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Bashproudmom1Dined on 1/18/2014We were there celebrating a birthday. The restaurant was VERY busy and as a result of that, our service was a little slower than usual. The food though, was very good so overall, it was a pleasant dinning experience.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014It was my birthday celebration and our first time at the restaurant. We had a group of 9 with children and everyone was very accommodating. The food was very good, especially the Antipasto Salad and Chicken Parm. Thank you again for making my day so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyAll2goodDined on 1/10/2014On our anniversary we decided to give Buca a try, it had been recommended to us as a great place to eat. We were seated upon arrival even though we were a few minutes early, the food was excellent and worth waiting for. We had chich Ken parmesan and spaguetti and meat balls and cheese cake for dessert. Look forward to trying other dishes and desserts.Special Features:
- Awesome Food! Great peopleScrantonianDined on 12/31/2013Cant say enough positive things about our experience at Buca. My girlfriend and I are very picky eaters and we couldn't have been more pleased with our meal, service, and experience. We even had our leftovers the next day because we couldn't resist the Baked Ziti and the Chicken Limone. Though we live out of town, we will certainly be back for more at Buca very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love your restaurant andnyrickgrantDined on 12/31/2013We love your restaurant and try to visit it many times throughout the year. Your e-mail hit me just as we were planning for New Year's Eve and so we made a reservation. We have always had good experiences with you, and this was no exception. We did get placed in a corner between two large groups, giving us limited room, poor access for the servers and high noise level, but we still enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great après skiLuluDined on 12/31/2013Took kids skiing in Poconos for the day on New Years Eve. Was able to book table at Buca de Beppo day prior. Arrived on time and seated immediately. Kids loved the decor and the food was very good. Enough to take home and make another meal from!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocreunhappyDined on 12/30/2013bartendewent because i had a coupon from the last time i went and had a bad experience. still the same and no improvement one r on duty doing to much work and we were once again not impressed. i would only go again if i had to.
- Food was great as was serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/30/2013We had reservations, and there was a party waiting when we arrived, but we were seated immediately. The server warned us that there would be a wait for the food since they were very understaffed and slammed in the kitchen. Even with the warning and the server being very gracious in thanking us for being patient, we waited over an hour for our food. I will go back because I love their food, but it would have been nice if we had forewarning when we arrived to maybe wait in the lobby or give us a lead time so we could then go shopping or something. There is nothing worse than sitting at your table seeing and smelling the delicious food for an hour in anticipation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/26/2013This was the worst experience I ever had at a restaurant. When the food came out we were missing two meals. The waitress didn't notice till we said something. She left and never came back. The other two meals did not come out till the others were done theirs. The waitress never asked for refills. And the manager never cane over to table to check back after we complained. I would never recommend this place to anyone.
- Christmas Dinner a la "B Team"CincoVIPDined on 12/25/2013I think the "B Team" was working on Christmas. My pasta wasn't cooked through (and no, it wasn't al dente, which is how I normally cook my pasta). It was actually white and uncooked inside the noodles when I took a bite. The waiter was attentive and took ti off the bill promptly, when we told him. No complaints regarding service at all. My husband's chicken dish was tasty. We shared it, and we had plenty to eat, even without the pasta. One data point doesn't make a line - I'll try Buca di Beppo again, and see what happens.Special Features:
- The food, service and atmosphereGmanDined on 12/25/2013The food, service and atmosphere were excellent.. The staff make you feel welcome and are willing to help you however, even if it was Christmas night. The staff never missed a beat on making the night great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun family dinnerMommaBDined on 12/12/2013We have enjoyed going to Buca for years and as usual we were not disappointed. Two members of our party had never been here and they loved the food. We got stuck in traffic and ended up with a two hour detour. We called several times to tell the restaurant we were still coming and they were very accommodating. It helped relieve some of the stress. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas PartyMv87Dined on 12/6/2013My coworkers and I had our Christmas Party here for the first time. The service was great and so was the food. This place really made us feel more like family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian foodluvitalfoodDined on 12/6/2013Good family style italian food. Pizza is different ... almost has a crust like a pita. Salad was good. Wine was crazy expensive, even for one glass. That is a rip off. Overall, decent place to eat with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great prices!GidgiebabyDined on 11/30/2013Took my mother and her roommate there for the first time.. She is Italian and gave ur restaurant an awesome report. That to me is the priceless moment and I wouldn't change it. We all will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Food As It Should BeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013I had the pleasure of dining here Thanksgiving,not keeping with tradition I enjoy Italian food and here it is excellent,the service was so good and out waitress was attentive.I would highly advise checking this place out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've been to Buca di BeppoaaaaDined on 11/28/2013We've been to Buca di Beppo several times now and we find it especially nice for groups and special occasions. The chicken parmigiano was very good, as usual. This time, we ordered the chianti braised short ribs and everyone at the table found them to be very tasty and very tender. These will probably become part of our order when we return to Buca the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great pricegoodeatsDined on 11/24/2013Sunday was my first time eating at Buca's but it will nogt be my last. The food was awesome. The service was great. I have no complaints. I was with a party of 14 and everyone in my party said they had a great time. We will return very soon..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent but I thinkOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2013Food was excellent but I think I ate too much. Nice and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TIRAMASU WAS EXCELLENT. WAITDELLDined on 11/22/2013TIRAMASU WAS EXCELLENT. WAIT STAFF COULD NOT HAVE BEEN BETTER.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Buca! Their food isrobslateDined on 11/12/2013I love Buca! Their food is always fresh and so delicious. The wait staff is friendly and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost a 10itsmeDined on 11/10/2013During my visit I was warmly greeted by the people in the front. They even took my table request. However, my waiter, Lance, was boring and seemed for forget about us. Other than that, we all had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulEatsleepraverepeatDined on 11/3/2013Every time I go to this restaurant I am immediately in a good mood. The whole ambiance of the restaurant makes the experience completely worth while. It isn't too serious, so we are able to have a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinner in a familyjimkDined on 11/2/2013Enjoyable dinner in a family share system. great for trying different dishes. The food is very good. Ordering the right amount is hard. We basically did ok by ordering 3 small entrees ( which feeds 6) for 4 people. We had no leftovers. We recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.