1027 Washington Ave
Golden, CO 80401Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://grappabistro.com/
- Phone: 3032738882
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am -3:00pm
Dinner: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Maurice Couturier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer off-site catering. Please contact us so we can create a customized menu for you.
- Private Party Facilities: The capacity of our private dining is up to 120 people. Please contact us so we can create a customized menu for you.
- Private Party Contact: Ricardo 3032738882
- Entertainment: Piano Nightly by Ricardo.
- Cross Street: 10th
- Public Transit: RTD is serving bus stop 2 minutes walking from our restaurant. You can catch the bus from anywhere in Denver, Boulder and the surrounding areas.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Pparking lot for 28 cars is available on the ground floor of the building.
A word from Grappa Bistro
Visit our Mediterranean Bistro featuring cuisine from Italy, France and Spain by Chef and Owner Maurice Couturier and Piano Bar with Ricardo nightly. Visit our beautiful patio in Golden CO overlooking Clear Creek. We are open 7 days a week for Lunch and Dinner. Happy Hour Specials and Tapas are available every afternoon. Facilities for Private Parties are available, so are our extensive wine list and exclusive dishes. You will not believe it until you try it! Dining in Grappa deserves a trip!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Grappa Bistro - Best Restaurants in Golden ›
Grappa Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (8)neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (6)scenic view (6)special occasion (4)romantic (4)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Wonderful place! Such a find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/13/2013Wonderful place! Such a find! Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- disappointingSandyFromLowryInDenverDined on 3/8/2013we met a friend from Golden there for dinner. We live 25 minutes away. The next night we went to a catered, banquet-style event that served beef that was externally prepared (no kitchen at the facility) and we both said that the banquet style steak was much better than the steak that we had the night before at Grappa. The Creme Brulee was outstanding; my chocolate fondant with pistachio gelato was meager, hard...not even average. The 20% gratuity added by the restaurant wasn't highlighted...so I am glad that my husband caught it since we were ready to add a tip. It was a slimy experience. If Grappa was trying to impress people to come back through their Restaurant Week fare and service, I doubt that they will get many return customers
- Steve WeaverOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/5/2013Only offered 5280 menu which was fine for our group but might have been a problem if folks didn't like choices offered. Service was VERY slow. Food was great. Tables too close together and loud.Special Features:
- Went for 5280, the food wasfade85Dined on 3/5/2013Went for 5280, the food was good, but defiantly not good enough to pay more for. The wait staff didn't seem friendly, but did a great job making sure our water glasses were full and we had everything. They had a piano player later in the night and that was really nice.
- Everything was very good andjudiDined on 3/5/2013Everything was very good and nicely presented. There was a huge wine selection. But the wine was definitely overpriced. Actually I believe the normal menu is quite pricey too. That is why we went for 5280 week.Special Features:
- The waiter was very attentivepetrigDined on 3/3/2013The waiter was very attentive and provided great service throughout the meal. The food was excellent and cooked perfectly, with an extensive (although pricey) selection of very nice wines.Special Features:
- Cozy with good ambiance andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013Cozy with good ambiance and actual oil candles. Food was good not great and twice the server placed the wrong dish in front of my date and me.Special Features:
- I made my reservations priorTylerDined on 3/2/2013I made my reservations prior to reading reviews for this joint, and then thought twice about actually going. However, I was quite pleased with Grappa Bistro. The service we had was great, and the food was quite good. They had a pianist playing while we were there so it was kinda loud, but we really enjoyed the music so for me that was a plus. Yeah, it's pricey, but it's a white table cloth kinda joint with a coat check, etc... While I probably wouldn't make the drive from Denver to this place often, if I lived in Golden it would probably be a special kind of dining spot for me (so long as I can afford it).Special Features:
- We went for 5280 and had aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013We went for 5280 and had a wonderful dinner. They only had the 5280 menu available, which was good. But I really like their main menu. This is the best restaurant in Golden.Special Features:
- Although waitstaff were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013Although waitstaff were very friendly, service for drinks and food were extremely slow. It appears the restaurant did not have sufficient staff for a Friday evening.
- Inappropriate unhelpful ownerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2013Very disappointing as we went for Denver Restaurant week. We were early and sat at a 4 top so my husband and I could sit next to each other. Great waitress. After we finished eating and waiting for the desert, the owner came up to us and asked us to move it along since he had a line to be seated. Then he bowed 3 times in a pleading manner. We waited 20-25 minutes for desert, then another 25 for our bill. Had he asked the waitress what he could do to speed us along, maybe he could have gotten our deserts or helped get the bill, we would have left 40 minutes earlier. IT was rude, inappropriate, and ruined our evening. I would not recommend the restaurant, as I had in the past. I have never been treated like that by an owner. BAD experi
- Grappa's in Golden the best!!MrsKnipDined on 3/1/2013Love this restaurant! The food is always delicious, I have never had a bad meal here. Recently moved to Golden and so happy that we have this lovely restaurant in the downtown area and we no longer have to travel so far for a nice meal. The owners are so very nice especially Ricardo, he often greets you at the door and he plays the piano in the bar which adds a nice ambiance for the restaurant, after dinner one could just sit at the bar and listen to him play on the weekends with a nice glass of wine! I highly recommend Grappa's. There menu during 5280 week is offering some nice dishes to try so if you have not been there, this is your week to make a reservation and enjoy this nice restaurant. Mary K. in GoldenSpecial Features:
- As usual Grappa staff screwedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2013As usual Grappa staff screwed up the menu as they did 3 years ago on 5280, advertised "crab cakeS" and only wanted to bring one. Waitress was great and had them divide the one large crab cake into two.....our reservation was for 5:30pm and they hadn't bothered to order all items for one of our salads. Again the poor waitress was apolgetic and did take the salad off our check. Grappa needs to get a grip on 5280, many people try restaurants to see if they want to return. We have given them two chances and won't return.Special Features:
- Liked food and ambience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/27/2013Liked food and ambience. Server was a little aloof.Special Features:
- Great food! Poor service!Sarahdemps87Dined on 2/23/2013Great food and they sat us before our reservation because we arrived about 30 mins before. I felt the service could have been better. They were only serving the Denver Restaurant Week menu and I felt like our table was neglected because tip was already factored into the checks. Our food was brought out quickly but our server didnt even offer us wine or drinks before trying to take our orders. He never really came back and didnt offer coffee or anything to go with dessert. Felt like he was slacking and didnt really care about us as patrons.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Excellent food and service but WAY TOO LOUD! Wasted evening. We could not even converse. They need fewer tables and some cloth on the walls or something!Special Features:
- Last time for GrappaRedwithanythingDined on 2/23/2013We've been here several times. It keeps going down hill. Last time it just wasn't worth the money or the effort. Sorry Grappa you are off our list. Too bad as there isn't much in Golden for a nice middle of the road night out. When you opened though noisy, you were very good on the counts you no longer make it on, food and service and that is what we go out for.
- Horrible service. We wereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013Horrible service. We were there over 2 hours, mostly waiting for our food as we had no drinks. Food was average, oysters great but not with the wait for the price. Also $55 per meal and 20% gratuity added on for the diner was outrageous. Do not go to this restaurant. To be fair, this was my third time there ( don't ask why) so I have the right to report a horrible review as it was terrible each visit.
- Overall the dinner was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013Overall the dinner was very good as usual,but this was Valentines Day and the meal was pretty expensive with the wine parings I thought they could of stepped it up a notch. I was pretty disapointed in dessert. Was hoping for something chocolate, it was good just not exactly what I would want after dinner. Maybe they should of given a choice. The food and service is always good and we'll go back for sure.Special Features:
- Food was well prepared andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/16/2013Food was well prepared and was a very good place for a business dinner.
- Return visit finds same qualitylvruvfoodVIPDined on 12/21/2012We are always pleased with the regular menu as well as looking forward to the specials. The bass in parchment paper is my favorite, with the limitations of gluten free and dairy free. Another other our party enjoyed the regular version. The live piano Christmas music was a special treat.Special Features:
- So very disappointed.ColoradoVisitorDined on 11/30/2012Always has been a favorite and we took our good friends there telling them how good it was. It was a terrible evening and experience. Food was completely overcooked and covered in sauces. The shrimp skewer had 5 tiny shrimp on it. The duck was very chewy and appeared to have been sitting out. The lamb shank was super dry and wouldn't come off the bone. The steak which had been ordered medium rare was so covered in a brown sauce that you couldn't even tell what color the actual steak was. Prosecco was flat and old. We were seated at 7:15 and did not have our food until 9:45. Had to ask for bread and rarely ever saw our wait staff. 4 total drinks, poor food, no appetizers, bill was $198. Disappointing.
- Very broad selection whichOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/28/2012Very broad selection which makes this a fine place for groups or for anyone not certain what they are in the mood for. Restaurant was about 70% full and noise level was very low making conversation possible. Service was a tad slow but not to the point of frustration. A great place in Golden to try. We will definately be back.Special Features:
- Had the Spaghetti Bolognese,krautDined on 11/23/2012Had the Spaghetti Bolognese, while very tasty, this dish is NOT the AUTHENTIC Italian Spaghetti Bolognese. The Tiramisu was outstanding.Special Features:
- We took my daughter to GrappaJeffDined on 11/3/2012We took my daughter to Grappa for Parents Weekend at Colorado School of Mines. The restaurant wasn't very busy for a Saturday night but the food and atmosphere was excellent so we will be back again next time we are in Golden!Special Features:
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/22/2012Had a wonderful lunch. Friendly service. Great food.Special Features:
- No window table for you!TraceyLynnVIPDined on 10/20/2012We've been to Grappa before and always had a good experience. Unfortunately, this time we weren't too happy. We had reservations for the patio but I noted that if it was too cold, we would have to sit inside. They tried to seat us in an empty restaurant in the middle of the room and when we asked about moving to a window table, we were told there were "reservations" against it. We were finally given a table near a window but not the one with a "reservation". An hour and a half later, they finally sat a man and two children at the reserved table. Hmmm. Do you think he ordered a bottle of wine, apps, etc.?Special Features:
- Oasis of SophisticationPaulVIPDined on 9/21/2012Grappa Bistro is an oasis of sophistication in a beer and biker downtown. The menu is pan-Mediterranian with a mixture of Spanish, French, Italian and even a little Middle Eastern thrown in. Nice wine list. Creative cuisine and the wait staff was very attentive.Special Features:
- DisappointedLookoutmlVIPDined on 9/15/2012Took almost 45 minutes for our food to arrive - said kitchen was short handed? Haven't had that happen before and we were pretty disappointed. No effort was made to reduce bill, give a dessert etc like most other restaurants do. Too bad, the food is good.
- Ladies having dinneranonDined on 9/5/2012We went early on a Wed. evening. Not crowded and not noisy (forget the sirens that went off several times). Did have a bit of a problem with bees and the waiter denied having any recourse for us, like a bee bottle trap with deterent up inside. Seemed they like the red meat the most. Crab cakes were lacking crabmeat, a bit greasy/oily. the ravioli app. was pretty tasty. The house salad very respectable. The gnochhi was ok, could have had more seafood. It looked a bit naked and lonely on the plate. One friend ordered the evening Mahi mahi special, that was dry and overcooked. In fact she didn't finish it or even want to take it home. The duck and risotto entree was good, risotto especially.Special Features:
- Wonderful food, great service,LookoutmlVIPDined on 8/11/2012Wonderful food, great service, a nice table by the river. We'll be back!Special Features:
- We were sitting outside duringonthegoVIPDined on 7/28/2012We were sitting outside during the Buffalo Bill Days celebration in the park across the creek from the restaurant. Very enjoyable with the creek right by us and the music in the park.Special Features:
- The food and service at GrappaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/23/2012The food and service at Grappa was excellent!!! I really enjoyed my dinner!!!Special Features:
- Grappa Bistro has a uniqueBubbaDined on 7/18/2012Grappa Bistro has a unique location with both indoor and outdoor dining available. Private parking is a great plus. Food and service were perfect. My lunch guest was late by 30 minutes, but the staff was very understanding and accommodating.Special Features:
- It was so nice sitting outsideJanetCVIPDined on 6/25/2012It was so nice sitting outside above the creek below. The food was very good and we enjoyed our visit to Golden.Special Features:
- Our ladies lunch, outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/8/2012Our ladies lunch, outside on the patio was spectacular. The Mussels and Clams a la Provencal provided several at the table with huge smiles and raves. Others equally enjoyed the Portobello and Grilled Asparagus Salad and one house favorite, Chicken Cordon Bleu. There were so many enticing entrees from which to pick, it was difficult to decide. The view of Golden's "river walk area" made the lunchtime that much more pleasant. Must return to try other dishes and of course, the dinner menu.Special Features:
- All 6 of us loved Grappas...wehappyat70Dined on 5/26/2012All 6 of us loved Grappas...we will definitely go again!Special Features:
- Will definitely go back again!BigChiefMountainVIPDined on 5/19/2012This was our first time at the Grappa Bistro and we were pleasantly surprised at the great food and service. Some previous reviews had been less than perfect, but our food was prepared just as we liked it and the wait staff were very attentive. The specials were wonderful and we could have just eaten the hot bread all night. It was too chilly to sit on the patio, but next time we will sit there by the river. What a great find!Special Features:
- Great food and patio.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/14/2012Great food and sitting on the patio by the river is a real treat. Service could have been a little more attentive however. I'd go back for sure.Special Features:
- We needed a last-minute placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2012We needed a last-minute place to eat on Mother's Day and Grappa Bistro was a great find. The service was very attentive and our waiter surprised us with desserts for 2 of our party who were celebrating birthdays! The menu was varied with many interesting offerings. The antipasto platter seemed a little small for the price and could have used some larger and varied olives, but our salads (Greek and Ceasar) were ample and tasty and our pasta dishes were delicious. We dined later, but there was an outside deck that looked quite inviting and we would like to come back and sample some of the small plates offered during happy hour another time.Special Features: