Piero's Italian Restaurant
3500 Reading Way
Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piero's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.pierositalianrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2159473650
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday: 8:00am - 1:00pm; Lunch: Sunday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Valentine Munoz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Extensive Catering Menu for parties of all sizes. Contact us directly for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Piero's private banquet room features an intimate setting, elegant decor, floor to ceiling windows, private entrance, his & her restrooms, and coat room. With the capability to seat up to 70 guests, this room is perfect for all sorts of occassions. Rehearsal Dinners, Bridal Showers, Baby Showers, Christenings, Mitzvahs, Birthdays, Graduations, Small Wedding Dinners, Holiday Parties, Funerals and more! We offer affordable packages for three & four course luncheons and dinners starting at $22.99. And if that's not enough, we are a BYOB!!! So bring your favorite, bottle of wine, beer, and/or liquor!!!
Not Enough guests for our Private Room? Try our Semi-Private space which is just as great for smaller groups. We also provide limited menus for larger reservations who don't necessarily need private space.
For more information, contact John Neal.
- Private Party Contact: John Neal 2159473650
A word from Piero's Italian Restaurant
Philadelphia restaurateur, John Graff, introduces his third masterpiece to Huntingdon Valley and surrounding Montgomery, Bucks, and Philadelphia Counties. Piero's, a fine dining Italian restaurant, features homemade pasta, sauces, soups, desserts, and bread along with much more, all prepared by Chef Valentine Munoz and his staff. A BYO Restaurant right outside of Philadelphia, Piero's offers a family friendly atmosphere during the week, including a Sunday breakfast, and then transforms into a much more formal and elegant atmosphere Friday and Saturday, serving up some of the best homemade Italian food in the region. Already rated one of the top 5 restaurants of 2010 (Main Course), Graff, along with the rest of his family look forward to future success with their new establishment. In addition to the restaurant, they have also introduced a private banquet room that offers an intimate space to host events of up to 70 people (with the ability to rent the restaurant for larger parties)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Piero's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)special occasion (22)good for groups (18)great for lunch (7)fit for foodies (6)romantic (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great Special LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2013A friend of mine shares her birthday with mine so we usually do something special for ourselves. This was a first time visit for both of us. Food was really good. I had gnocci with a light tomato sauce. It was some of the lightest pasta in this category that I have ever had. We had an excellent waiter who described the food (and especially desserts). I definitely will go back again. Just a reminder--it is a byob. We were a little lost getting there and their hostess gave good directions and invited us to call back if we needed to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Sunday DinnerSF2369Dined on 6/30/2013My wife and I really enjoyed our dinner at Piero's . We both had the veal tender if a little chewy. How ever the noise level is a bit high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usualBBGirlDined on 6/29/2013Piero's delivers as usual. Never had a disappointing dinner here and it's my favorite place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay FaireBabybooh1973Dined on 6/28/2013The restaurant had a nice ambiance to it. Our server was wonderful. Very observant. We ordereded the pasta special and the mushroom risotto. The risotto was good. However the pasta was average. I felt it was bland in taste and I am pretty sure I have made better tasting pasta. In saying all this, I would go back and try another dish to be sure that it wasn't just a bad day for the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Piero'sAliciaDined on 6/27/2013We had a very good dinner and our wait was excellent. However, the noise level was much too high. There was a birthday party going on and it was ever so loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticfoodieDined on 6/16/2013went for Father's Day. Excellent lobster ravioli. Excellent ceasar salad, bowl chilled, very fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back!hvdinerVIPDined on 6/15/2013First time diners, but not the last! Great local restaurant that we never knew existed! Daniel was awesome. J&RSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impressedphillydocsDined on 6/8/2013We were very impressed with the overall experience at Piero's! Our service was professional, informative and friendly. The crab cakes were amazing! Our server suggested we have them over pasta and they were perfect. All lump crab meat and a light sauce for the pasta. Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close by,comfy restaurantEileenDined on 5/29/2013Close by,comfy restaurant with great pasta, clams and salmon at a reasonable fare!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really?!Rose1201Dined on 5/23/2013My family has been going to Piero's for the past three years now. Private parties, holiday events, and just our occasional family night out. Sometimes 3-4 times a month. From reading the reviews of previous posters, I am really confused? I have NEVER had a bad experience at Piero's-- and I have dined all over the world. The family experience is so genuine! Never feels forced or fake. You feel like your at home with the staff. The food is always great for a neighborhood spot. It has hints of downtown dining, but I think people judge it, expecting it to be something it's not. It's just a great restaurant overall. Not an uber-fancy, uppity-type place with an outrageous menu. It is a great casual/fine dining restaurant with an awesome staff!Special Features:
- Second time we have visitedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/18/2013Second time we have visited Piero's in a group of six. Great location as a midpoint between us and friends in Bucks County. Food was tasty and well prepared. Server was an enthusiastic young man, who took pride in his work.Special Features:
- Excellent food but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/18/2013We loved the food but the noise level made conversation difficult. The service was a bit slow. Overall, we have had great dinners at restaurants with a more attentive wait staff and nicer surroundings. Go for great food but skip it if you want a quiet or special occasion dinner.
- So promising ButOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2013This restaurant looks good from the outside but unfortunately the food and service do not follow through. The sauces and thick chicken cuts are all slightly off. Dessert a little dry but great selection, disappointing overall. Don't bother.Special Features:
- Mothers Day Brunch 2013OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Our first visit to Pieros and it was a welcome visit! The location is nice, set in a newer development overlooking a small pond, The brunch was setup well with a chef at station serving the portions on your plate. The salmon was very good and the beef burgundy was divine. There was a pasta meal with delicious meatballs and several other entress. Even dessert was delicious. Something for everyone. We will go again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gem.MckekeDined on 5/12/2013I have wanted to try Piero's and did so on Mother's Day. I will be returning to try their dinner menu items. The back dining room is simple and elegantly modern. The front dining area offers lovely booths with plush leather seating and tables and chairs. The brunch menu was typical with eggs, bacon, sausages, bagels, Danish etc. the brunch items included lox, tomatoes, lettuce, a penne pasta dish, chicken cacciatore, sausage and peppers that were very tasty. The salmon was not very tasty and dry but that is hard to keep a hot item in trays without some sort of sauce. As a byob some were enjoying mimosa's as they dined. Overall, a pleasant experience that I will return to try for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013The restaurant was great. Our server made sure we were taken care of the entire time we were there and we were not rushed for our meal. The buffet was constantly monitored and replenished. Nothing was dried out. The food was delicious. I plan on returning in the near future.Special Features:
- Could be better.glenDined on 5/11/2013As many have mentioned the noise level is overwhelming at best. However, the one thing that was the most disappointing to me was when they got my wife's order wrong. She had asked for veal with a seafood sauce, and was actually given talapia with the same sauce. When it was brought to the waiters attention he offered to bring her the correct order. My wife elected to continue with her meal and chose not to return it. I assumed that the changes would be made on the check. It wasn't until we were walking out the door that my daughter reminded me that the price was not changed on the check to reflect this. I do however believe that most establishments would have corrected this on their own without prompting.
- We went to Piero's for anOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2013We went to Piero's for an early Mother's Day dinner. Consequently, it was not crowded or noisy when we arrived (4 p.m.) but became more so by the time we left 5:30. Our party ordered the Grouper special, lobster ravioli and crab cake entrees and key lime pie, tiramisu and berry compote with vanilla ice cream for dessert - all were delicious, with very generous portions. Good luck trying not to fill up on the fresh baked bread & olive oil! Our server was very friendly and just attentive enough not to make us feel rushed. I had been to Piero's once before for a BYOB office party and enjoyed many different dishes served family style. Both experiences were very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average italian foodMJSJCDined on 5/4/2013Bread & salads were ok. Main courses were bland and were served with a very watery tomato sauce. Service was good but food quality was terrible.
- Favorite local restaurantGlobetrotterDined on 5/3/2013Always delicious. I love the gourmet ravioli, had pumpkin this time. Salmon with spinach and crab always a favorite as are the crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time @ this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/20131st time @ this restaurant. Actually booked a baby shower under recommendations and wanted to try the food myself. Extremely pleased, look forward to my party in July.Special Features:
- I have gone to Piero's severalTessVIPDined on 4/27/2013I have gone to Piero's several times. The last couple of times, the bread has been burnt. This particular time, bread was burnt and the roll for the hamburger was stale and hard as a rock. Not up to the usual standards of Piero's that I am used to. The hamburger and french fries were good.
- Everything was lovely. AhahnDined on 4/17/2013Everything was lovely. A little disappointed, I asked if I could bring a birthday cake and they were going to charge a 2 dollar per person cutting fee. So we went back to the house for cake.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhhod RestarauntOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/7/2013Excellent food, as usual. Well worth a visit if you have a chance.Special Features:
- 3 Stars at best. Nothing special..OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/4/2013Reading the ratings I was surprised at how totally average this place was. Nothing special. I've had the same food at pizza restaurants at half the price. Perhaps those who wrote the 5 star ratings do not realize that there is a world beyond Huntingdon Valley.
- We were seated promptly forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013We were seated promptly for our 5 pm reservation which was a surprise as it was a holiday. Our server was very cordial and arrived in a timely manner. Our soup arrived very hot and was wonderful. My husband ordered the crab bisque which was full of crabmeat. My pasta fagioli was also full of beans and pasta. We had to wait a considerable amount of time between courses which could have been in part due to the number of large parties dining. The chicken florentine arrived hot however the chicken was a bit dry. You could tell immediately that the potatoes were instant which was a big disappointment. The Pasta Al Granchi arrived hot and was delicious with homemade pasta. Will definitely try on a non-holiday weekend.Special Features:
- No Concern for Clientele ComfortAdventurousDinerVIPDined on 3/31/2013Our party of 3 had a 5:00 reservation for Easter Sunday. The restaurant seemed completely overwhelmed by its multiple large-party tables. I would be willing to cut the kitchen some slack due to the holiday for my overdone green beans and cool-in-the-center crab cakes, and even for the 40 minute wait between receiving our appetizers and entrees, but the most aggravating part of the experience was being shoved in a dark corner and the owner's refusal to turn on the light that only affected our table because of his belief that it "interfered with the ambience". They had to bring us flashlights to read the menus. Ridiculous! My family will not return.
- DeliciosoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013Been here a few times now, mostly for special occasions....Delicious food, knowledgable staff, bring your own....Great restaurantSpecial Features:
- Our first visit to Piero's.peggyODined on 3/31/2013Our first visit to Piero's. Easter brunch reservations for 2:30. We were informed at 3pm that the buffet would only be availabe for another 10 to 15 minutes. We were told we could fill some plates with food before the buffet was cleared. This was not the family brunch we expected. We were extremely disappointed. We felt rushed and did not enjoy our meal at all.
- I like the restaurant overall,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013I like the restaurant overall, good food quiet enough to have conversation, I was not happy with our waitress we felt rushed as if she needed to get us out. We were there for brunch and weren't even finish our first run and she brought us the bill. Overall we like like it and would come back.Special Features:
- Weekday visitRose1201Dined on 3/26/2013First time here on a Weekday. Quieter, with the same great food and service! Was surprised to see a different weekday menu that allowed us to enjoy a more casual dinner. What a great place!Special Features:
- As always, the restaurantTessVIPDined on 3/16/2013As always, the restaurant has a high standard of quality in service, ambience and definitely food!Special Features:
- The staff was the best partOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013The staff was the best part of the experience. Very accomadating to a wheelchair diner,very friendly and knowledgable about the menu. Food rated poor by all four of us. Pasta overdone, french onion soup little taste. This was our second attempt at the place and I doubt we would try a third.
- We were disappointed withleoneVIPDined on 3/9/2013We were disappointed with this restaurant-- expected more. There wasn't enough fresh fish dishes on the menu.
- first time was not a charmSchatziDined on 3/9/2013Very disappointed in service. Had to wait over 10-15min to be seated, just our party of 3. no others waiting, and we had reservations for a friend of ours BIRTHDAY. once seated, again over 10-15 min before a waitress even came over to our table. We just wanted our wine bottles open, so at least we can have a drink while waiting. Cesaer salad had way tooo much dressing on it, saturated in dressing. Raviolli w/mushrooms, sundried tomotoes and asparagus was cooked perfectly, pasta- al-dente, the cream sauce was delightful, (not too much) .. and it was nice and hot. portions were just enough to leave room for desert. Creme Brulee was good. Cappucino had too much milk, nice and hot, could barely taste the expresso.Special Features:
- The service and food werePattiDocDined on 3/2/2013The service and food were very good. Everyone enjoyed their meal. The asparagus appetizer is delicious!Special Features:
- Huntingdon Valley's nicest additionBSnyderVIPDined on 3/1/2013Since we first tried Piero's, we have returned twice because we finally have a reliable dining spot in Huntingdon Valley with a nice menu selection of tasty dishes. This time, I had the putanesca. Piero's is on our list of regulars. And it's BYOW to boot.“Special Features:
- Good Possibility of a Return VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2013We went with a group of six. The atmosphere, the ambiance, the service were all very good. Of the six entrees ordered some were excellent, some very good and some good. Wouldn't hesitate to return.Special Features:
- Delicious and great service!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013We were referred to Piero's by a friend and LOVED it! The service was top notch and the food was amazing! I can honestly say it served the best cup of coffee I've ever had. Can't say enough good things about this place.Special Features:
- i never like to write negativexoxoVIPDined on 2/23/2013i never like to write negative about a place but people should know. the place is pretty & food delicious but it stops there!the noise level is so horrible that i recommend going on a tuesday nite if you want to have a conversation.when people drink they tend to get loud/we were unfortunate to have such a screaming foursome near us/when they left we could finally hear each other but not comfortably! the acoustics are THE WORST & a real shame b/c the food is delicious! how can you build from scratch, & STILL wind up with a noise level problem? it was the LOUDEST place we have ever been to and we have been almost everywhere!relief to get outside!!!!Special Features: