SoLita - Delray Beach
25 NE 2nd Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
SoLita - Delray Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.solitaitalian.com/
- Phone: 5618990888
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:30am We are closed Mondays during the "off season".
Private Luncheons Available
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony "Radar" Risoli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: "Our Place or Yours?" SoLita's catering department offers you the options of having our team create a tasty menu that can be served at your home or business. We also offer many options from cocktail parties to full sit down dinners at SoLita. Our events department can help you from start to finish, all you need to do is call.
- Private Party Facilities: SoLita Delray offers many options for large or small dinner parties, luncheons, corporate events, anniversary or birthday celebrations. We can accommodate from 6 to 300 of your guests in one of our private, semi-private or courtyard areas featuring incredible ambiance reminiscent of more glamorous times. With a variety of special event Menu's our in house event planner can be sure to assist you with every detail to make your event memorable.
- Private Party Contact: Erin 561-922-0900
A word from SoLita - Delray Beach
SoLita - " South of Little Italy brings you back home to family traditions with a fusion of Modern ambiance. A perfect place to socialize or be romantic in an ambiance reminiscent of more glamorous times.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SoLita - Delray Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (17)romantic (15)special occasion (14)vibrant bar scene (11)good for groups (9)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (7)notable wine list (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- apps or dinnerjpshowDined on 1/16/2014the appetizers were as good as the entrees. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- We love this place and doOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/6/2014We love this place and do not know why it was so empty!!
- Our New Favorite!ZimmerladyDined on 1/4/2014I picked SoLita from an Open Table list for an evening with very particular friends. No one knew of it but the reviews were good. Upon arrival we were seated in an attractive but empty back room. The waiter was immediately attentive and we had nice specialty drinks. Later we ordered our dinners all of which were excellent. Service was solicitous, not intrusive. During the evening the room filled up but tables were well spaced and the noise level was subdued. Conversation was at a normal level. Leaving the restaurant through the front rooms we were shocked! The joint was swinging with loud music and a crowded bar scene! We had no idea! They had the good sense to put us (a more mature party) in the right room! Delightful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Slow initial service.MidtownWinoVIPDined on 1/2/2014Linguini and clams was delicious. Great spice. Once the waiter finally showed up, service was smooth. Seemed like more waiters walking around than customers so not sure why the delay. Inside ambiance was lacking. I recommend requesting outside seating for a much better experience. Food was wonderful and waiter was on top of things once he showed up at table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumKimHDined on 1/2/2014Have been several times & service excellent eggplant stack is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best NYE party my new favorite spotGretchenDined on 12/31/2013I have been to Solita prior and always had a good time. The food is consistently great and the service is always attentive. We went to celebrate New Years Eve expecting to have a good time but understand that it is typically not the best of nights to dine out as service and food are tough to be great during peak times. I was wrong, the service and food were excellent and the night was so much fun. They decorated the restaurant with great taste and had a huge balloon drop at midnight. There was a great mix of people that were there to have a good time, and they certainly did. The DJ played great music all night. Not only did we have one of our best nights out, we will also be loyal customers to Solita. Good job Solita!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food, but service NotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2013One of my favorite spots in Delray Beach. With so many restaurants to choose from we always find the food to be outstanding. I wish I could say the same about the service. Sometimes it's the service that can make or break the entire experience. Get a new hostess and re look at "some" of your servers. There needs to be more consistency in your wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usual Gem but FalteringSteveVIPDined on 12/28/2013We have been to SoLita several times, have recommended it to friends and it was always one of our favorites in Delray Beach. The restuarant was packed as usual but the service was awful. We waited over an hour for our meal to come out and the wait staff never checked in unless we grabbed a busboy and asked questions. Several tables around us complained of the same problem and management went out of the way to accomodate everyone. It seemed as though the staff and kitchen were simply overwhelmed. The food was good but not as good as in the past.Special Features:
- Fabulous meal!BocadinerDined on 12/27/2013We reserved a table for six and were unsure what to expect as we had never been to SoLita before. However we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The host offered our group one of the private dining rooms and we loved dining in this stylish intimate space. Every person in our party enjoyed their meal. The charred skirt steak was especially amazing and tender and the bone in veal Milanese was also fantastic. The portions were ample and the food was delicious and not too heavy. The service was attentive and overall we had a great experience. We would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only problem was a limitedrichVIPDined on 12/27/2013Only problem was a limited menu for main courses. I would have liked more specials for the main course.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureFeldoDined on 12/26/2013Owners are attentive & new menu has much to offer. Always lively & energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousness in Delray!jerseygirlsueDined on 12/26/2013With so many restaurants along Atlantic Avenue, this one in the Pineapple Grove Arts District might be easy to overlook, but get there! Everything from easy valet parking to a wonderful, upscale atmosphere to great service from a gracious and very knowledgeable staff to the absolutely scrumptious food and cocktails led to a very enjoyable experience. The short rib rice ball appetizer was a great start before we had the truffle ravioli ( yummmmy) and probably the most flavorful chicken marsala I've ever tasted. Fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining!dinewellDined on 12/26/2013This was our second time at Solita and was just as memorable as the first. Friendly, efficient, courteous staff; excellent, tasty food served in outstanding presentation; and an elegant ambiance combine to make this a favorite restaurant!Special Features:
- great southern italian. werogerDined on 12/24/2013great southern italian. we have not had a disapointing dish is several visits. fairly priced wine selection. we have gone with a group of friends, family--including a active 22 month old and our dog. all treated great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The first time we went herefoodyVIPDined on 12/22/2013The first time we went here it was really very good but this time they were out of three of the four dishes our table ordered and it was only 9 on a saturday night. The service was shotty and the food worse but I would give it another chance if I had a groupon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 12/21/2013It's a shame that the service was so bad as the food was very good -
- funsmellyVIPDined on 12/21/2013We enjoyed sitting outside on a beautiful evening, and had good service and food.Special Features:
- One of the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/18/2013This was our first time here but we certainly will be back soon-- the eggplant stack was outrageous -- the ambience & service were outstanding -- everybody made us feel comfortable from the person who greeted us @ the door to the waiter who brought tastes of wine for us to decide on the bottle we wanted -- it was just a very pleasant evening -- we were there on a Wed not knowing the wine is 1/2 price as well as the eggplant -- all dishes were served to perfection & tasted fabulous -- cannot wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food; portionsKoopVIPDined on 12/18/2013Outstanding food; portions justify pricing; excellent atmosphereSpecial Features:
- downtown Delray Beach restaurantElliottDined on 12/15/2013outside dining nice menu selection food was very good service was very good waiter Moe was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service, mediocre foodJorothenbDined on 12/14/2013Don't waste your time or your money. This place was mediocre at best, absolutely terrible service. We sat at our table for an hour before we got our food, then the entrees came out before the appetizer, no drink refills, no server to check on us. We sat outside on cheap plastic chairs with a rusty table with a white cloth covering it. We didn't even have salt or pepper on our table, and no one to ask for it. We had to flag a manager over to get the bill, after he finished with a complaint at the table next to us. We would have had a better meal at the Olive Garden. We always try to support local businesses, but this one was awful and we will never be back. It ruined what we hoped to be a special 10th wedding anniversary dinner.
- too noisy tonightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013as usual the good was great, n with a coupon from charitable dines even very moderately priced, but a party close to us made the noise level unpleasant. love it n woll return again n againSpecial Features:
- nice placeEvaengVIPDined on 11/23/2013We requested an outdoor table, it was a beautiful evening. The food was very good, service was very good as well. We recommend this restaurant. If you are planning to sit inside bring a jacket or a sweater. It was a bit chilly inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time but won't be my lastheavyCDined on 11/22/2013I've been there a few times for events but this was my first time for dinner. Our waiter, Mike, was amazing! And each course was better than the last. Ribeye steak never tasted so good. It was seasoned perfectly. The marinade complimented the meat without overpowering its natural flavor. The picked peppers were a great way to balance the dish. And that was just my wife's food! If you want to know what I thought about the short ribs, just visit for yourself. Even the most untrained palette will love the simplicity and delicacy of that dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theater hideawayBeachbonVIPDined on 11/20/2013Third time we have dined st SoLita in past 3 months. Great assortment of Northern and Southern Italian fishes Service was easy and smooth with an eye on timing to make theater. Veal chop, pork chop , salmon were all entree winners . Loved the truffle ravioli.Special Features:
- a great nightcoopyDined on 11/15/2013We were a party of eight and upon arriving we were told that we would be seated in the private room. What a treat. It was a beautifully decorated private room where we did not have to worry that we would have to keep our voices down. We felt very special there and the service and food was excellent. It was a wonderful night spending it with friends in a beautiful setting. One of the couples is hard to please and they couldnt stop raving about it. Thank you for a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mealcat1dineDined on 11/10/2013Good menu choices, large portions, good service, friendly and willing to explain menu options.Special Features:
- Lovely experience at SolitaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2013The good was great, service great , noise level good , and tables not on top of each other . Great ambience too . The bone in Veal chop Milanese was great .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Lita serves excellent Italian ofKendoTMDined on 11/9/2013As advertised. Food was very well prepared and presented. Server's recommendations were right on. Started with the eggplant stax which were shared. The fish and veal were excellent, as was the red sauce pastas. Dessert was a bit disappointing but who needed to share the chocolate cake anyway?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Now that's a Rice a Ball"GPackDined on 11/8/2013Quickly becoming one of our favorite Italian restaurants in Delray. There are some very good Italian restaurants in Delray, but this one offers very friendly and attentive wait staff, amazing food, and a very cozy atmosphere! The rice balls are the best I have ever had at a restaurant, as good as the one's my Italian grandmother used to make. The Meat Balls and Eggplant Stack are equally as good. One of the Specials for the night, the Veal Chop Valdistano, was absolutely delectable! Our waiter, Michael, was very friendly, knowledgeable, and prompt. His helper Eric, was as well. Also like the semi-circle booth type seating at some of the tables for a romantic night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Delicious!!luv2dineVIPDined on 10/31/2013The service is always impeccable, and I've never had a bad meal here!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall pretty goodMFoyVIPDined on 10/5/2013The restaurant has a "gothic" atmosphere and is very dark. Food was good and drinks were generous. The server we had was rushed, rarely available, seemed like it was a big chore to wait tables. This made no sense given style and prices here. Otherwise, we enjoyed this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service started with a bangluv2eatDined on 10/4/2013and fizzled. It took longer than usual for drinks to come. Our appetizer came out first before our drinks........not a favorite order. The waiter was great at recommending but not good at overseeing our table. We are looking forward for another visit and hopefully everything will be as close to perfect as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, too noisyGittelDined on 9/20/2013When we booked rpthe reservation we did not know it was a theme night Food was delicious, but service not very attentive There was so much going on with their themed night, that we could not even have a conversation with our friends I wish we were told about the theme party going on and we would have come another nightSpecial Features:
- Not Bad, but disappointedDLM72Dined on 9/17/2013The food was pretty good, as was the service. The ambiance is mediocre. They could do much better with this location. It's not a bad choice, just don't expect a great experience.
- niceHyperDined on 8/31/2013we had a pleasant night. The food was very well prepared. A bit loud, not the restaurant but the table behind us.Special Features:
- A GO TO RestauranthsriceVIPDined on 8/28/2013We eat here often. Th food,service,and drinks are first rate. The manager is on the floor,and the staff is professional,competent,and had a full understanding of the menu.If,at any time,there seemed to be a mix-up,it was solved at once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Summer Deals for Localsdelray200Dined on 8/21/2013We live in Delray and dine out at least once per week. This summer, we've taken advantage of Solita's Wednesday Eggplant Stack special + 1/2 off bottles of wine under $100 on several occasions. The eggplant stack, with tomatoes, mozzarella & lightly-fried eggplant is outstanding. (Check their website for a photo.) We add a salad and a bottle of 50% off wine. Along with their complimentary bread and dipping oil, it's a perfect meal. We've told our friends and neighbors about this quality restaurant with a friendly, accommodating staff. We'll be back ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it!!!! Had an amazingDebdVIPDined on 8/16/2013We loved it!!!! Had an amazing meal - we will definitely go back! Loved the eggplant stack appetizer!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2013This was my first time at solita and I will go again. I loved the ambiance of the restaurant. Very romantic, trendy, and chic. The mozzarella appetizer was delicious. The chicken with mozzarella and marinara was very good. I had a fish puttanesca which really was just ok. It was pretty dry and lacked flavor. Our server was very accommodating, entertaining, and knowledgeable. All in all, a nice place that I will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.