SoLita - Delray Beach
25 NE 2nd Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
SoLita - Delray Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.solitaitalian.com/
- Phone: 5618990888
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:30am We are closed Mondays during the "off season".
Private Luncheons Available
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony "Radar" Risoli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: "Our Place or Yours?" SoLita's catering department offers you the options of having our team create a tasty menu that can be served at your home or business. We also offer many options from cocktail parties to full sit down dinners at SoLita. Our events department can help you from start to finish, all you need to do is call.
- Private Party Facilities: SoLita Delray offers many options for large or small dinner parties, luncheons, corporate events, anniversary or birthday celebrations. We can accommodate from 6 to 300 of your guests in one of our private, semi-private or courtyard areas featuring incredible ambiance reminiscent of more glamorous times. With a variety of special event Menu's our in house event planner can be sure to assist you with every detail to make your event memorable.
- Private Party Contact: Erin 561-922-0900
A word from SoLita - Delray Beach
SoLita - " South of Little Italy brings you back home to family traditions with a fusion of Modern ambiance. A perfect place to socialize or be romantic in an ambiance reminiscent of more glamorous times.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SoLita - Delray Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (17)romantic (15)special occasion (14)vibrant bar scene (11)good for groups (9)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (7)notable wine list (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- was very disappointedswissmissDined on 4/8/2014We've been to SoLita many times but this time was disappointing. From the manager to the waiter no one seemed to eager to want to be there. We waited a long time for drinks and our appetizers. Had to ask for glass to accompany beer. The food was good but the poor service put a damper on the evening. There are a lot of restaurants in Delray so will be exploring more to get better service.
- Best in DelrayRPF1Dined on 3/29/2014Great food, fairly priced, good service. We had a group of 11 and food arrived hot and at the expected pace. They know how to make their customers feel welcome. We have dined at Solita many times and our experience has always been the same as I mentioned above. Definitely our "Go To" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentAreUreadyDined on 3/29/2014Always very good food well prepared food with creativity . Obvious a good chef preparing the meals. Nice dining experience right off wonderful energetic Atlantic AveSpecial Features:
- Wonderful food. We were thereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014Wonderful food. We were there twice in one week and the enjoyed it both times. The drinks need some improvement. The bartender may have been away when we had dinner there.Special Features:
- 2nd visit- a keeperBarbieDined on 3/22/2014Service and food was great. Next time, we will eat outside as the noise level could be a bit high. Concerned management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good enough to eatcat1dineDined on 3/20/2014Wonderful service, great meal. Had a slight problem with some touch mussels but immediately rectified by both waiter and manager. They brought a full bowl of freshly steamed clams. Enjoyed this restaurant again and will probably do so in the future.Special Features:
- Great Night outBrianDined on 3/15/2014We stopped at the bar for a drink before dinner. The bartender was very attentive and provided excellent service along with a wine suggestion. Our table was ready promptly at the reserved time. The dinner specials were varied. I ordered the Veal Sorrentino which was outstanding. There others in the party also raved about their food and there was not a morsel left on our plates. The restaurant had an energetic vibe and we all had a great time. I would highly recommend Solita.Special Features:
- Really stands outOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/14/2014This was my first time at this restaurant but it will not be the last. We were celebrating a special occasion, and were a little concerned about reviews of bad service. Wanted the food special, above all, so we made a reservation. What we found, was that the service was every bit as exceptional as the food. You cannot go wrong here. This is just a wonderful place. Go for any reason, and ask to be served by Tory, who made the experience even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was 'ok'BlueirisVIPDined on 3/14/2014We ate here a few times over a year ago and our experience was much better than we had the other night. We ate outside which was very nice - because the inside gets pretty noisy. The food was 'ok' - nothing special. The service was terrible. The empty dishes from our appetizers were sitting on our table for over 15 minutes and our drinks were empty, with our server nowhere in sight. I had to walk into the restaurant and wait at the unmanned hostess stand for 5 minutes before I finally flagged down our server (who was inside) to clear our table. We brought friends for their first time, and they won't be going back. We have no problem spending money on good food and service. I'll spend my $ elsewhere next time.
- Very good, but some mistakesChrisX5150VIPDined on 3/8/2014Based on other reviews, we expected a bit more from our meal. The food was good and the location and ambiance were also very nice. Our server forgot some items at the the table next to us and they made such a stir about it, it was quite awkward. They were "From NY" and said they did not want to pay for their entres due to some item being overlooked. Due to that or some other reason, our entres took a long time. The outdoor dining is nice and the ambiance is too. But next time in Delray, we will look for another option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014At the time of our reservation I requested outside seating. The reservation was made early in the day and the weather had become very cool that evening. We arrived on time and requested indoor seating which was unable to be granted. I felt being that it was still early and there were ample tables inside that we could have been accommodated but we were not. This will probably be considered in making our next decision to dine in Delray.Special Features:
- The food at SoLita has alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/1/2014The food at SoLita has always been good , but the service has been lacking. This was the first time we have gone on a Saturday and were apprehensive about the service. However, the service was OUTSTANDING. We hope they keep this up - as we enjoy the restaurant. We prefer eating outside. Inside the acoustics are not great, and if there is a happy hour it can get very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Delray BeachDarlDined on 2/26/2014We stayed in the center of Delray Beach for a week and tried many very good restaurants. This one topped our list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucked awayBbdjjdDined on 2/24/2014This spot is awesome. Hopefully people will make the effort to walk off main drag 1 block to find this gem. Great decor, staff and food. Can't wait to go back for the dinner in the dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solita is slidingCraigDined on 2/22/2014We were extremely disappointed in what we normally consider one of our favorites. Unfortunately, we brought out of town guests and it must have been our worst experience ever! We ordered a bottle of wine and salads and barely saw our waiter other than in passing by other tables. When he finally took our orders, forty five minutes went by and we were still waiting. Suddenly, our waiter appeared with the news that they were out of mussels and he wanted to know what else my wife would like to order. Huh? We ere expecting him to bring our food and he asks us that?! His excuse was that it had started raining and they had to movie some tables inside. I am not sure how that affected our order. Answer is, it shouldn't have.Special Features:
- LET THERE BE LIGHTOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2014It is extremely to dark at the 4 center table. To hard to Read menu n enjoy your meal it needs a spot light. But the Food is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timefirsttimerDined on 2/22/2014our server (Liz??) was superb Noise hi.... sound dampening should be considered. Food excellent best meatballs I ever had!! wife really enjoyed the veal parm.... bone in.... and she's very picky will def be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown Delray BeachseafoodluverDined on 2/21/2014They honored our reservation which was a good start. We sat outside, it was a beautiful evening and the wait staff was friendly and very knowledgable. Waiter's recommendations were excellent and food was great. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outside was nicejgb33328Dined on 2/21/2014way too noisy inside. service was horrible. apparently our server had 13 tables all over the place, and we barely saw him. veggies arrived after main course was already eaten. water glasses ran empty. drinks not offered....
- Eggplant Stack Fanatic!eas061910Dined on 2/21/2014I am obsessed with the Eggplant Stack at Solitas. I first discovered Solitas 2 years ago for a friend's birthday. When they described the eggplant stack, I was insistent on trying it, and it did NOT disappoint! It is a staple of my dining experience, and I cannot go to Solitas without ordering one for the restaurant and one to go. At one point in time, Eggplant stacks were 2 for 1 on Wednesdays, and my husband would surprise me by bringing them home; however, they since stopped honoring the promotion for take out (not sure if it still available for dine in). I will state that if seeking a quiet, romantic experience, early afternoon is the best time to go. After dark is more for the club/bar seen crowd. Overall, great restaurant!Special Features:
- Great TimedmdiromaDined on 2/19/2014We had our rehearsal dinner there, and they not only gave us great discounts but also gave us a VIP room, and excellent service without us even requesting it. I highly recommend SoLita's Delray! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good V-day treatstuckinDRAYDined on 2/15/2014This restaurant was a great find. It's been open for a couple of years and is tucked neatly away in a little alcove off of Atlantic ave. We did have a bit of a wait, even with reservations, but it made sense since it was the day after Valentine's Day (overflow) and a Saturday evening. My fiancee and I both had a seafood dish; he had the SoLita shrimp and I had the linguine clams. Delicious! Our waiter was very helpful and even had a working knowledge of the cocktails. Highly recommend SoLita!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As advertisedMichaelVIPDined on 2/15/2014Busy, hectic and loud but well worth the drive. Good food, service and ambiance all meet the test. Veal chops and brussel sprouts are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerlesloves2dineDined on 2/15/2014we had a very nice dining experience however your rules for nickname are absurdSpecial Features:
- New favorite restaurantMscookerVIPDined on 2/15/2014Had a great experience. Food was great. Service was great. The wait staff was very efficient. Sal the manager checked in several times to make sure everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great local restaurant.DebbieDined on 2/15/2014A great local restaurant. Ambiance is stunning, foods great, staff efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experienceJkron90Dined on 2/14/2014I went here on valentines day recently and was impressed. The food and atmosphere was very very good. The service slacked a little but (expected on such a busy day) it did not take away from the experience. Great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise find- off Atlantic AveBarbieDined on 2/13/2014Ambience was great- service wonderful and food outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemMimiVIPDined on 2/11/2014The food is fantastic! This was our second visit and there will be many more. My husband had the pork chop again. After eating it the first time, he couldn't stop talking about how delicious it was. He over it again! I had lobster ravioli the first time..excellent and this time another special..lobster and shrimp franchise, also excellent. Superb in fact!Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/8/2014SoLita is a wonderful restaurant with great food and great service in Pineapple Grove section of Delray Beach. Tucked in from the highly energetic Atlantic Avenue action, SoLita has great Italian food with servers who really wonderfully explain the taste delights that are specials. Sal, the restaraunt manager, is very attentive and and makes you feel special while dining. SoLita has become one of our favorites and we have not been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very enjoyable evening withAngelaDined on 2/5/2014A very enjoyable evening with excellent food and impeccable service. I can't get the eggplant stack off my mind! Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair food. Unorganized serviceFoodieDined on 2/1/2014Too loud even for an energetic group of 8 people. We like loud energetic restaurants but we couldn't hear each other speak. If the food was better we could have looked past the noise and poor service.
- Hot spot eleganceMetsfanDined on 2/1/2014Located in the midst of what's happening in downtown Delray Beach, this restaurant offers outstanding food and service in the most elegant of settings. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- BreadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2014For a restaurant with such good food the powdery tasteless bread is a real disappointment and hard to understand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dining outsideAreUreadyDined on 1/28/2014Outside dining on a beautiful night was delightful. Inside restaurant was crowded with large noisy parties surrounding the small tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoodAndreaVIPDined on 1/25/2014We ate outside and everything we ordered was delicious. The puttanesca was different and unexpected, not the usual puttanesca, and we loved it. The roasted brussels sprouts were fantastic as well. Our server was great, he was helpful and funny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy for dining. ServersBernieVIPDined on 1/25/2014Too noisy for dining. Servers not visible when needed or otherwise.
- wonderfulcoopyDined on 1/22/2014This was our fifth time eating here and it is consistantly wonderful. The food is great and so is the service. We love bringing friends here who have not been here before and they always end up bringing other people here too.ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service great till coffee.EjakeDined on 1/22/2014Service great till coffee. Came out burnt Took al long times to get another cup. There was NO charge for the coffeeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waited an hour with a reservationpiezumVIPDined on 1/18/2014I have a love/hate relationship with this restaurant because the experience is always unpredictable. This particular evening we were out with friends for the first time and we had picked the restaurant. It was cold out so nobody was eating outside and the second dining room was being used for a private party. They told us 15-20 minutes when we got there but it was a solid hour in a packed restaurant where you could not even get close to the bar. The food was still great and our waiter was fabulous, but the evening is ruined when you have to wait an hour past your reservation. Not the first time the experience has been disappointing. Never have had a bad meal though.