Fog Harbor Fish House
Pier 39 #A-202
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Fog Harbor Fish House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fogharborfishhouse.com/
- Phone: 4154212442x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Adolfo Soto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Fog Harbor Fish House is the perfect place for group dining, special corporate events and tour groups.
The Sea Lion Room is a beautiful room with stunning views of Alcatraz Island, the Golden Gate Bridge and the PIER 39 sea lions. This room accommodates 52 guests comfortably.
We also have the Alcatraz Room that will accommodate 56 guests and has great views of the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco Bay.
• We offer both pre-designed group and custom menus available for lunch or dinner.
• We feature a three-course price fix menu.
• We offer a special set menu or breakfast buffet for groups of 25 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Jane O’Donnell 8886346658
- Cross Street: Embarcadero
- Public Transit: F-line,10 & 15 stops right in front of PIER 39.
MUNI & Cable Cars: 415.673.6864
Alameda/Oakland Ferry: 510.522.3300
Vallejo Ferry: 415.705.5444
Sausalito & Tiburon Ferry: 415.705.5444
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: PIER 39 has convenient parking in the PIER 39 Garage, located directly across the street from the Entrance Plaza. Restaurant patrons who dine with us receive one hour free validated parking at lunch and two hours free validated parking after 6 pm for dinner.
A word from Fog Harbor Fish House
Fog Harbor Fish House is a classic San Francisco seafood restaurant. Their menu showcases a large variety of fresh seafood delivered daily and also features non seafood items that change seasonally. They are proud to be the first restaurant on Fisherman's Wharf to serve 100% sustainable seafood. The classic, comfortable dining room features panoramic views of Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco Bay, Alcatraz and The Golden Gate Bridge. It is part of the family owned Simco Restaurant Group, which has operated high quality, award winning seafood restaurants in San Francisco for over 30 years. Fog Harbor Fish House is located on the water, upper level at the entrance to San Francisco's PIER 39. Click the following link to view our short video of how their 100% sustainable seafood goes from the ocean to your plate. http://youtu.be/2QFUf16bcSMContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Fog Harbor Fish House - Best Restaurants in Fisherman's Wharf ›
Fog Harbor Fish House reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (93)special occasion (59)great for lunch (48)good for groups (46)fit for foodies (32)romantic (30)kid-friendly (24)great for brunch (19)hot spot (18)neighborhood gem (14)notable wine list (8)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Just okayFellForTheTouristTrapDined on 5/15/2014The food was a little disappointing for the price. Service was really, really, really slow. For a party of 11, we were seated at 1230 and didn't finish lunch until 245pm, and that was just ordering one dish per person and a beer or glass of wine. We ordered drinks first and even that was really slow. We didn't do multiple courses or desserts. The restaurant was not overbooked or overwhelmingly busy; there were plenty of empty tables, so I don't understand why the service was so slow for the volume of people they had. The only thing nice about the restaurant was the view of the pier. It's definitely just a tourist trap.Special Features:
- lilsis07Dined on 5/14/2014We had a great time the only thing was my mom's stake was dry, but they took it off the bill.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantBennieDined on 5/11/2014The service was attentive and the food was delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great meal on the wharf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreAnpoDined on 5/11/2014Food was nothing special. Pasta with chicken tasted a little like fish. Fried calamari were tasteless. Fried fish was good.Special Features:
- Mothers DayMason4VIPDined on 5/11/2014We went into the city for Mothers Day and overall had a great experience. We were disrupted by a couple causing a a disturbance with foul language trying to get a free meal. I must say the GM handled the situation with great restraint and kept it from ruining the special day for all of us. Our server seemed to be a new staff member and was the one being blamed for the poor service but through it all she kept her composure and was very attentive during our dinner. The only complaint we had was with the scallop appetizer which came out fried like popcorn chicken rather than actual scallops. It would have been nice to know prior to ordering. Other than that great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day!KeiKei22Dined on 5/11/2014First there were 6, 9 and finally 14. They were able to accommodate us. The food was GREAT!!! We wanted to try a little of everything. I liked the Blue Cheese Garlic Bread, Crispy Bay Scallops and Crispy Lemon Calamari! One party member ordered the Clam Chowder, he wished for a larger bowl. The Crab Louis Salad, Mixed Grill, Fish & Chips and Crab Cake Entrée looked splendid but by the time our food came we were full off of appetizers. But we all had to taste a little of our main dishes before packing them away in boxes. The cocktails were unexpectedly good as well. I had the Alcatraz Escape…try it if you like a little sweetness in your life. We would love to return to the restaurant but hopefully not on a crazy weekend such as Mother’s Day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food just okMichaelBDined on 5/11/2014Our first time to the Fog Harbor Fish Market is a mixed review. First let me say that the service was outstanding. Our server was very attentive and never left us wanting for anything. Both my brother in-law and myself had the surf and turf which consisted of a 10 ounce New York Steak, half lobster tail partially stuffed with crab, garlic mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. My sister went with the lobster tail (same side dishes) and my mother the crab louie. We all started with cups of clam chowder which were wonderful. Both steaks were delicious and cooked to perfection. However, all three of the lobsters were rubbery and flavorless making the overall experience somewhat disappointing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/11/2014Food portions are good. Nice view. Good restaurant to go to if looking for a nice restaurant to eat at at Pier 39.Special Features:
- BottlesDined on 5/10/2014Having read reviews before leaving England I booked the restaurant for a birthday celebration and was very happy with all aspects of the meal, table allocation service and ambience. Well done FHFH!! Michael and Kathie Botley, Bath, EnglandSpecial Features:
- DisapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/7/2014Had reservation-was sat at high top in the bar! REALLY? Asked to be moved-told it would be a little bit-um hello I had a reservation! Once moved-waiter was impatient and rushed us thru ordering. Took half the tables appitizer order and then left. Food came out staggered. Was not enjoyable. Better places to goSpecial Features:
- Romantic Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014We celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary at the Fog House Fish House in SF. The romantic mood is set from the minute you walk up to their door with a large outdoor fireplace. Per our Open Table request, we were seated at a window table for two overlooking the harbor with views of Alcatraz Island. Mike, the waiter was attentive, jovial and treated us to a drink and dessert. The food was delicious, plentiful and reasonably priced. Dinner included two hours free parking in the garage across the street with a 3rd floor foot bridge that ends at their doorstep! We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience, great foodLeciaDined on 5/3/2014A group of 21 of us came in to Fog Harbor Fish House to dine on May 3. Prior to our trip, most places I'd checked into wanted us to have a 'special' menu, reserve our own room, etc. Not Fog Harbor - they took great care of us. We were able to sit our large party at two tables, side by side, tweens at one table with adults at the other. Our waitress was wonderful about checking with us to see if we wanted to put the kids' orders in before ours, whether we wanted her to offer dessert to them later, whether we wanted separate checks - she was fantastic! Drinks were prompt, food was prompt and everything was delicious. I can't say enough good things about our experience.Special Features:
- FriendlyandfunyummyhealthyDined on 4/28/2014Our waiter was the best. The view was beautiful. We had a pleasant experience. Our table was ready and the cioppino was delicious.Special Features:
- Wonderful view and very good foodPGatesDined on 4/27/2014We enjoyed this restaurant even though it appeared to be more touristy than not. We had a very nice dinner with a fantastic view of the harbor. The service was very informative and warm. I'd recommend folks try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food, view and serviceNunoVIPDined on 4/27/2014I really enjoyed the food and the service over there. I had lobster and it was very good. The view is also very nice.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantmimiDined on 4/26/2014I ordered the garlic crab and I thought the crab would have tasted better, is was kinda dry and bland but the overall restaurant was nice.Special Features:
- YumLuvfoodDined on 4/26/2014We took out son for his 21st Bday where he bellied up to a serious plate of shellfish yumminess. Took him awhile, but he got there. Everything was delicious. We had the Mixed Gril - highly recommend. The garlic mashed potatoes were good, but a little too light (too much water or milk) and not so "garlicky." I couldn't really taste the garlic. But all the fish and shellfish was cooked to perfection. The view of the bay made it a great experience. Service was good enough - attentive, but lacking personality and when made a mistake, wouldn't admit it or apologize (not my favorite). But nothing big enough to ruin the experience - friendly enough. I've been to many restaurants around Pier 39, and by far this was my favorite so far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing. Simply wonderful.samantieDined on 4/24/2014When in San Francisco, this is a must place to eat. Everything was great. Best food during our trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot for lunch or dinnerreview1Dined on 4/23/2014Great food. Amazing views of the bay. Our server was very hospitable. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the desserts!nikanikitaDined on 4/20/2014We had areally good birthday lunch there, perfect for a special occasion like that. The desserts were just amazing!Special Features:
- Swimming in cioppinoGrannyLovesaPartyDined on 4/19/2014This is a noisy crowded tourist place with really excellent seafood. Sourdough bread came to the table fresh and hot. The shrimp cocktail was fresh, not "previously frozen," and the six jumbo shrimp were much more JUMBO than I've seen at most seafood places. I went swimming in cioppino; you could crack the crab yourself or have it brought to you already extracted (I chose the former for the proper messy experience). My date had swordfish with vegetables and reported it to be excellent. The view fisherman's wharf and arriving and departing boats was delightful. The service was attentive and cheerful. Adequate wine and beer choices. Family party atmosphere. Tourists from all over the word--great people watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood spotGoodEatsDined on 4/17/2014Price was bit high, and presentation was so-so. Otherwise great spot on the pier for night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a first time we diningGo4foodDined on 4/12/2014It was a first time we dining here and we did not expect the food was so great, better than our expectation. We are dining in the city quite often and we were so happy and satisfy with the whole time we were there. Our waitress was a little slow but we understand that she was so busy. We are definitely will come back and will our friends and family there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD FOOD, GOOD SEVICEemanuelVIPDined on 4/12/2014WE ENJOYED THE LATE DINNER. THE FOOD WAS EXELENT AND GOOD SERVICESpecial Features:
- Poor service ruined the experienceBethLVIPDined on 4/12/2014This restaurant has a great location and we were seated next to a window overlooking the bay. The food was pretty good, but our waiter was nonexistent much of the evening, and this colored our impression of the evening. We started with a drink at the bar, and the bartender was great. The view was spectacular, and since we were celebrating a special occasion, it is a shame that the service was so poor. We will not return.Special Features:
- Would Never Visit SF Without FHFHIlivetoeatDined on 4/12/2014Everything about this restaurant is amazing. Fabulous views of the wharf, bay, and Golden Gate Bridge (if it's not fogged in). Ambiance is great whether it's a snack or light meal at the bar or a leisurely dinner in the dining room. Everything anyone in my party has ever ordered has been first rate. Their halibut is the best I've ever had. Drinks and dessert are equally good. Service is always impeccable. I would never visit San Francisco without going to Fog Harbor Fish House!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere average foodOptiman32Dined on 4/11/2014The restaurant is very nicely decorated and the views are great. The wait staff is very professional. The food however was nothing above average. We had the crabcake appetizer which did not have any large chuncks of crab meat and tasted on more breading that crab. The lemon calamari was very good, fried lightly not over done. We had crab avocado salad which was good and they split the salad into two. The entrees of the garlic crab and fish and chips were just average, not much sweetness to the crab and the fish was very thin and quite greasy even for fish and chips. We go tsome much better Fish and Chips from a food truck the next day! I would try a different restaurant on a visit to San Fran as this was just not a very memorable meal.Special Features:
- Dining on the HarborDaveHVIPDined on 4/7/2014When visiting San Francisco, this is wonderful restaurant with fresh fish, very friendly service and a window with a view of the harbor. There was no better way to finish up our final day in the City By The Bay.Special Features:
- great food with a great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/2/2014My wife and I stopped here while on vacation. Honestly, we chose the resturant because we got a discount from another touristty place we went to that day, but we were very happy with the choice. The staff were very friendly, we even got upgraded after we sat down, as another reservation that had a window seat cancelled and we got moved to the better seats. The wine and food were excellent, my wife had the ciopinno and I had swordfish, we would reccommend both. The ambiance is great for couples, and the view can't be beat.Special Features:
- Loved it!SFgirlDined on 3/30/2014Excellent service , great food . The waitress skillfully worked with our large group . We enjoyed everything we ordered: fresh and delectable! The kids loved it too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended by a local, welove2eatDined on 3/29/2014Recommended by a local, we had the best meal of our trip here. Would definitely come back when we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeMotochicVIPDined on 3/29/2014The service was awsome and the food was amazing😊will go back with friends and family..highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Good views of harborMucha507Dined on 3/24/2014The food was good, but not great. My wife and I had a seafood medley, which was OK - kind of bland. My daughter had a pasta dish that was flavorful. The views of the harbor are great. You can see Alcatraz, parts of GG Bridge, and some resting sea lions. The total was $150, which was a bit much for the meal.Special Features:
- SurprisedCanaryVIPDined on 3/22/2014We are locals and rarely go to Pier 39, but we had a gift certificate through a school auction. I really loved this restaurant. Everything was really good from drinks, to food, to service, to ambiance. The portions were large - we split a very generous beet salad, and I took home half of my entrée (lobster mac and cheese which was excellent). No room for dessert, but would go back - they looked amazing. We will go back, for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty seafood dishes!jaygdubDined on 3/21/2014We made reservations for dinner, and had a table w/ a view waiting for us. Our order was taken and we asked if the promotions we had for Fog Harbor Fish House were applicable. Our server indicated she was new but got back to us that we could! Score! We ordered entrees from the daily specials menu, and everything was very tasty. My only issues with this place: the special cod seafood dish they had on the daily menu was no longer available and we weren't told until after I ordered it. Our server also didn't offer water to us - we had to ask for it. Make sure you go to the Visitor's Center for a 2-hour parking validation and pick up the coupon for the restaurant. You should also check in via Yelp for a free appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't like the Fish and ChipsArfeklosDined on 3/17/2014Fish and chips were not good in my opinion. Fish had little to no flavor, the tartar sauce was weak and the cole slaw also tasted funny. The Chips portion was fine ;) My girlfriend liked her meal so maybe I just got a bad batch. The drinks were good, so I would definitely go for their cocktails. Reasonably priced restaurant.
- Quick dinner on the pierWorldTravelerDined on 3/17/2014I was able to get a reservation a few hours before I wanted to eat. When I arrived, they promptly got me seated. The food was not spectacular by any means, but they do have quite a few options. I did like the ginger lemonade. I had oysters on the half-shell and they were not great. I have had much better oysters at other restaurants. I had the swordfish, salmon and shrimp with rice as a main course. Not amazing either, but definitely a healthy option. The sourdough bread on the table was quite nice. There is a nice view of the water from the restaurant. I just wish the food was better for the price.Special Features:
- Not just for tourists!FlacaDined on 3/16/2014In town from Los Angeles to visit my cousin, who's a SF local, and my brother, in SF on a business trip, I persuaded them to have dinner @ this spot on Pier 39. What?!? Isn't that a tourist joint? Recent reviews on Yelp from locals persuaded them to see things my way, thankfully. The calamari appetizer was tender, the ahi appetizer was very fresh and jazzed up with bits of mango and avocado. Fish and chips were moist, not greasy. I'd definitely return! (Oh, not to mention the lovely view of the pre-sunset sky!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a group of 7, my relativesrickDined on 3/16/2014We had a group of 7, my relatives rom the east coast wanted seafood. My wife and I enjoy taking guests to Fog Harbor. Great views and seafood is fresh. We had Calamari, Clam Chowder and the garlic cheese bread for appetizers. For mains, Crab Louie, Combo Fish platter, Clam Linguini, Crab cakes, Soup and Salad. The Calamari was really fresh and tasty. Plenty of crab on the Crab Louie. My sister in law enjoyed her chowder but wasn't too impressed with the crab cakes but other than that, everyone was happy with their meals.Special Features:
- Great spot onPier 39HibachiLoverVIPDined on 3/14/2014I was in San Francisco on business and decided I wanted some clam chowder. I went to Fog Harbor because I could make a reservation and I knew their clam chowder would be delicious. I had the deep fried scallops appetizer with lemon aioli instead of jalapeño aioli, a cup of clam chowder, and the lobster tail. Everything was delicious. It is kind of pricey though so be ready to spend at least $100 for a couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.