Fog Harbor Fish House
Pier 39 #A-202
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Fog Harbor Fish House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fogharborfishhouse.com/
- Phone: 4154212442x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Adolfo Soto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Fog Harbor Fish House is the perfect place for group dining, special corporate events and tour groups.
The Sea Lion Room is a beautiful room with stunning views of Alcatraz Island, the Golden Gate Bridge and the PIER 39 sea lions. This room accommodates 52 guests comfortably.
We also have the Alcatraz Room that will accommodate 56 guests and has great views of the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco Bay.
• We offer both pre-designed group and custom menus available for lunch or dinner.
• We feature a three-course price fix menu.
• We offer a special set menu or breakfast buffet for groups of 25 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Jane O’Donnell 8886346658
- Cross Street: Embarcadero
- Public Transit: F-line,10 & 15 stops right in front of PIER 39.
MUNI & Cable Cars: 415.673.6864
Alameda/Oakland Ferry: 510.522.3300
Vallejo Ferry: 415.705.5444
Sausalito & Tiburon Ferry: 415.705.5444
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: PIER 39 has convenient parking in the PIER 39 Garage, located directly across the street from the Entrance Plaza. Restaurant patrons who dine with us receive one hour free validated parking at lunch and two hours free validated parking after 6 pm for dinner.
A word from Fog Harbor Fish House
Fog Harbor Fish House is a classic San Francisco seafood restaurant. Their menu showcases a large variety of fresh seafood delivered daily and also features non seafood items that change seasonally. They are proud to be the first restaurant on Fisherman's Wharf to serve 100% sustainable seafood. The classic, comfortable dining room features panoramic views of Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco Bay, Alcatraz and The Golden Gate Bridge. It is part of the family owned Simco Restaurant Group, which has operated high quality, award winning seafood restaurants in San Francisco for over 30 years. Fog Harbor Fish House is located on the water, upper level at the entrance to San Francisco's PIER 39. Click the following link to view our short video of how their 100% sustainable seafood goes from the ocean to your plate. http://youtu.be/2QFUf16bcSMContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Fog Harbor Fish House - Best Restaurants in Fisherman's Wharf ›
Fog Harbor Fish House reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (93)special occasion (59)great for lunch (48)good for groups (46)fit for foodies (32)romantic (30)kid-friendly (24)great for brunch (19)hot spot (18)neighborhood gem (14)notable wine list (8)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- We were seated at a tableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2009We were seated at a table that had a constant gush of wind blowing on us. We had to move our bread plates and silverwear to hold down the white paper covering the tablecloth. My combination seafood platter with shrimp, salmon and tuna was fine, except the wild rice was cold...very cold. When I asked for an additional serving and it was brought over piping hot. The view is wonderful, but our request for a window table for our special occation was not available. I am sure we would return to the restuarant. Previously there was an issue with the lights, which kept diming. A few details need to be worked out to increase the customers comfort.Special Features:
- Very pleasant, tableclothCeciliaVIPDined on 8/20/2009Very pleasant, tablecloth restaurant with lovely views.Special Features:
- Our experience at the FogOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2009Our experience at the Fog Harbor was great. My husband was very impressed with the food and the view. The service was great. Would definently return if ever visiting San Francisco.Special Features:
- My wife & I went to Fog HarboryourAverageJoeDined on 8/15/2009My wife & I went to Fog Harbor Restaurant at 7:00 pm on Saturday. I had made reservations through their website, in advance. When we arrived, 15 minutes early, they seated us immediately without any waiting at all. Our server was a blond lady without a name tag and she did not introduce her self by name either. As a customer, I am not going to ask her name if it is not clearly visible or it was "said" by her. We started off with 1/2 Lb. of crab legs with garlic. It was very good and "messy" with butter. Waitress was quick with the drinks. I had the Mahi-Mahi grilled with a Mango topping. My wife had the Grilled Halibut ontop of a white bean and spinish medley. The price for the quality of the food we ate, was about normal $22 and $19.Special Features:
- Quick seating with a perfectlongtimesatisfiedopentabDined on 8/14/2009Quick seating with a perfect view...food and service fabulous. We will return.Special Features:
- Food ok, but crab cakes wereOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/2/2009Food ok, but crab cakes were lousy and my $8 Martini was half-empty.Special Features:
- The food at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2009The food at this restaurant is unbelievable. The portions are great, the service is magnificent and the ambiance by the water is wonderful. This is the type of restuarnt that you would definitely return to and tell all of your fiends. The next time I am in San Francisco, this will be one of the spots I will definitely br returning.Special Features:
- Very good staff Good menuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2009Very good staff Good menu seating was nice. views of the bay delightful. It was a lttle warm by the window but it was a very hot weekend. The food was great! The only glich was we had recieved a gift certificat and that seemed to cause some complications with there bill. They got it right in the end so it's all good.Special Features:
- We made a reservation, butOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/21/2009We made a reservation, but got there and table wasn't ready. The place was extremely hot and when we told the waitress, she just ignored us. My husband had to go into the kitchen in order for somebody to help us and to get some water. Service was spotty. For spending over $300 on dinner, we should have gone to our favorite spot, Scomas instead. At least we'd get better food and service. Would not go to Fog Harbor again.
- It is a little pricey forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2009It is a little pricey for a family meal - but was delicious. We got a package from the Raddisson nearby with a $75 gift certificate. Would definitely go back. - great view of the bay at sunset.Special Features:
- I hate going to Pier 39 butCB1962Dined on 6/13/2009I hate going to Pier 39 but visiting family always want to go. Fog Harbor fish house has quite good food. I was pleasantly surprised. Every table has a good view. The service was excellent! It turned a crummy day at the wharf into a nice experience.Special Features:
- Overlooks the Harbor whichOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/6/2009Overlooks the Harbor which is perfect for those visiting. We shared the crabmeat cocktail and the clam chowder breadbowl. Both were fresh and delicious!Special Features:
- Great food, reasonable prices.WendyVIPDined on 6/5/2009Great food, reasonable prices. Red wine was a bit too warm, but good. We had a very noisy table next to us, and that really disturbed the ambiance but otherwise a good experience, and we'll probably consider going there again on another visit to San Francisco.
- My husband and I ate hereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/30/2009My husband and I ate here for our anniversary. Had the Filet... I'm not a fish eater. It was wonderful. Husband had swordfish and said it was "good". Our server was great. Very fast service. We enjoyed it.Special Features:
- My husband and I went hereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/24/2009My husband and I went here while in town. The food was good. It wasn't amazing. It really was your basic seafood. Our server was very very slow. When I ordered champagne I was informed they didn't have any chilled and it would be at least 15-20 mins. I could see if we went for dinner at 5pm but we had reservations at 6:30... We left full, but really less than impressed.Special Features:
- While Pier 39 can be fullWINEandFOODIEDined on 5/6/2009While Pier 39 can be full of tourists, Fog Harbor Fish House, at the beginning of Pier 39, escaped the craziness but kept the beautiful view. The food was wonderful (and nearly 1/2 the price of restaurants farther down the pier)and the wine list provided an acceptable variety. Service was wonderful, the view was great, as was sitting by the fire after dinner - we ordered an extra glass of wine to enjoy by the fire. The garlic whole Dungeness Crab was the best we have ever had (also the least expensive). Pier 39 is an experience - be sure to visit the sea lions both before dinner in daylight and after dinner when they are sleeping and snoring - the sea lion outlook is about 100 yards from the restaurant.Special Features:
- I was pleasantly and wonderfullyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/6/2009I was pleasantly and wonderfully surprised at the quality service, food and dining environment offered by a Pier 39 restaurant; as well as the kitchens willingness and ability to accommodate food allergy requirements. I will return for future dining occasions in SF.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time!!!!ItsmesandyVIPDined on 5/2/2009We had a wonderful time!!!! The maitre'd gave us a requested window seat and the service was impeccable! The food was delicious and it was a great place to take my boyfriend for his birthday!! I would absolutely recommend it!!Special Features:
- Food is good. PredictablePVBrandyVIPDined on 4/20/2009Food is good. Predictable and not terribly unique, but I think a reliable menu. Staff were very pleasant and we had a nice view.
- The view was wonderful consideringOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/8/2009The view was wonderful considering it was a cold night. The special that they had that night was great! We enjoyed the seafood dishes, espcially the calamari appetizer. However, our server did not portray to be in the best mood. He stood there and waited and waited. He didn't even think to say I'll come back in a few minutes to help lessen the tension. Or, he wouldn't even come back to chat with us. He just took our order, dropped the food, and checked on us once to see how everything went.Special Features:
- The experience was much betterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/5/2009The experience was much better than I thought it may be. I was expecting more of a tourist, frozen seafood experience because of the location but it was wonderful. The food was way beyond my expectations. The waiter was friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- While our waiter Jim had toTimOLimoDined on 2/21/2009While our waiter Jim had to leave on his California Break. The replacements (2) were fabulous and most attentitive. The food was perfect. I have never had such well prepared chowda , Crabcoctail was plentinful and delicate. Swordfish was the best I had the whole trip of 4 resturants I had it in. vegtables great and a fine cappachino to top it off. I would spend and extra night to fit this place in.Special Features:
- I took my sister out for aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/21/2009I took my sister out for a dinner date that was long awaited by her,(since I was the one paying for once.) We both thought the food and the view were awesome. It was a great time. We were able to sit and talk like we haven't been able to do since high-school. I will tell all the people I know that if they get out to San Francisco to eat there at least once. Romantic lighting if you're out for the setting the mood style dinner. I wouldn't bring anyone under the age of 12-14 there though. Also a good group dinner for an evening out with friends.Special Features:
- I expected a lot as I wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009I expected a lot as I was visiting San Francisco with my 8-year girlfriend. It was Valentine's Day and I was hoping for the best. What I got was decent service, a romantic setting, felt comfortable, great clam chowder, but a very chewy lobster. We both ordered a live maine tail and they were both sooo chewy. It was the first time I had buried my lobster into my mashed potatoes so I wouldn't feel embarrassed about not eating the lobster. We eat at Red Lobster about 3-4 times a month, and have never experienced such horrible lobster. Maybe it is us, I don't know, but it just was way too much work just to chew the food. I thought it would have been better since we were right next to the bay it comes out of...but no. We spent over $150; unhappySpecial Features:
- It was awesome to put in aHawaiianBornDined on 2/14/2009It was awesome to put in a special request and actually get it. I requested a table with the view of Alcatraz near the window and got it. It was great! My friends were impressed and I told them how easy it was using open table.com.Special Features:
- Better than other restaurantsLAgourmetVIPDined on 2/14/2009Better than other restaurants in Pier 39. I didn't like their table assignment, but food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Our dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/11/2009Our dining experience was very nice. Service was prompt and professional. The waitress helpful and personal. Food was very good.Special Features:
- No doubt that this is an up-scaleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/2/2009No doubt that this is an up-scale restaurant. That said, we spent time around many good restaurants in separate parts of California over a 2-3 week period. But, between ourselves, we are hard pressed to recall details from our Fog Harbor experience, even what we ate! So, what does that tell you(?) I know that it was certainly not a negative experience; albeit, not one partial either.Special Features:
- This is a great spot to eat.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/1/2009This is a great spot to eat. I'd like to try it again at night and dine by a window looking at the bay.Special Features:
- The Fog Harbor Fish HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/31/2009The Fog Harbor Fish House was a very pleasant surprise. I had never been there before, but decided to take my aunt there for her 87th birthday. The food was excellent, the prices were very reasonable, and we had an incredible view of Alcatraz. It's chic enough for a special occasion, but no so much that the casual diner will feel out of place. It's a great place for kids as well. They will enjoy the fact that they get a handful of crayons to color with instead of 2 or 3. The waitstaff were very nice and attentive...overall it is an excellent restaurant!Special Features:
- We had a very pleasant lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/17/2009We had a very pleasant lunch with out-of-town family. Located at Pier 39, it's right at the entrance, so you don't have to traverse the Tee shirt and tourist shops to find it...clear sign, and on second level. The view is excellent...the marina, and then all the way across the bay. In case your guests are tourists, there's Pier 39, right at the doorstep. Also, validated parking nearby. Everyone enjoyed the food, and the service was very friendly.Special Features:
- We only had one night in SandisappointedVIPDined on 1/10/2009We only had one night in San Francisco so it was important to us to hvae a good seafood meal and great dining experience. Fog Harbour restuarant provided all of that and more! The wait staff were friendly, professional but lots of fun. The seafood chowder in a bread bowl was to die for.Special Features:
- It was OK. Not terrible, definitelyJuliaDined on 12/31/2008It was OK. Not terrible, definitely not spectacular. 2 of us had a special stuffed lobster tail dish that was light on lobster and stuffing, although the flavor was savory and inviting. The 3rd in our party had a stir fry dish that we could have had at an average Chinese restaurant. The service was adequate, though not friendly by any stretch of the imagination. It was New Year's Eve and the ambiance, while reflecting the Holiday Season, did not celebrate the ringing in of the New Year and the mood was subdued. I would not recommend for dinner, as there are so many other notable restaurants in the area. However, as it is on the water, it might be a lovely casual lunch spot.
- Great food, ample portions,accomodaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/25/2008Great food, ample portions,accomodating and friendly. A really pleasant experience. We will be returning.Special Features:
- Be sure to order the HousewillDined on 12/25/2008Be sure to order the House Special Garlic Prawns on a bed of mashed potatoes. We're talking, "yummy and spicey!" They also have a terrific vodka and cranberry drink.Special Features:
- I booked Fog Harbor Fish HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/25/2008I booked Fog Harbor Fish House through OpenTable because we were visiting for Christmas and I worried that it would be hard to find anything open on Christmas Day. The relatives we were visiting sort of scoffed at the notion of going anywhere at Pier 39 because they though it would be "too touristy." They said they'd find something else. Then they called me back because they couldn't find anything and maybe we should use my reservation after all. By the end of the night they were raving about this place. Good food. Pleasant atmosphere. Great service. We had a wonderful Christmas dinner with family thanks to the Fog Harbor Fish House (and OpenTable).Special Features:
- My husband, my mother-in-lawNearbylocalVIPDined on 12/25/2008My husband, my mother-in-law and I ate here for a late lunch early Christmas dinner. My husband had the Mahi Mahi, I had the Crab Louie and my mother-in-law had the fish-n-chips, all of which were very tasty! Service was great!! Great view on a beautiful clear day. Cheers!Special Features:
- We had a great lunch in whatOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/22/2008We had a great lunch in what is normally a hectic tourist scene--Pier 39--with a table overlooking the water. It was great for our family of seven, with five children ranging in age from 10 to 17--not an easy group to accommodate. The staff was helpful and attentive and the menu suited our range of palates without breaking the bank. Great views and more soothing than the usual "Fish House", but still had a friendly looking bar, which keeps it from being stuffy. We recommend!Special Features:
- Outstanding establishment.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/14/2008Outstanding establishment. The manager, front door receptionist and waiter's were very friendly and helpful. Kim, from radio station KKSF did an outstanding job. Very nice voice. Great setting. Otis Watson December 14, 2008Special Features:
- We went to the KJZY Jazz brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/14/2008We went to the KJZY Jazz brunch. It was fun to see and hear the live broadcast at the restaurant. The large glass windows all around the restaurant make it possible to have a view of the many activities on the bay and/or the wharf. We ate from the brunch menu, the food was average with generous portions for a reasonable price. The staff was friendly, but the service was inconsistent. Our out of town guests enjoyed it so all and all it was a fine time.Special Features: