Fog Harbor Fish House
Pier 39 #A-202
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Fog Harbor Fish House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fogharborfishhouse.com/
- Phone: 4154212442x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Adolfo Soto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Fog Harbor Fish House is the perfect place for group dining, special corporate events and tour groups.
The Sea Lion Room is a beautiful room with stunning views of Alcatraz Island, the Golden Gate Bridge and the PIER 39 sea lions. This room accommodates 52 guests comfortably.
We also have the Alcatraz Room that will accommodate 56 guests and has great views of the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco Bay.
• We offer both pre-designed group and custom menus available for lunch or dinner.
• We feature a three-course price fix menu.
• We offer a special set menu or breakfast buffet for groups of 25 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Jane O’Donnell 8886346658
- Cross Street: Embarcadero
- Public Transit: F-line,10 & 15 stops right in front of PIER 39.
MUNI & Cable Cars: 415.673.6864
Alameda/Oakland Ferry: 510.522.3300
Vallejo Ferry: 415.705.5444
Sausalito & Tiburon Ferry: 415.705.5444
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: PIER 39 has convenient parking in the PIER 39 Garage, located directly across the street from the Entrance Plaza. Restaurant patrons who dine with us receive one hour free validated parking at lunch and two hours free validated parking after 6 pm for dinner.
A word from Fog Harbor Fish House
Fog Harbor Fish House is a classic San Francisco seafood restaurant. Their menu showcases a large variety of fresh seafood delivered daily and also features non seafood items that change seasonally. They are proud to be the first restaurant on Fisherman's Wharf to serve 100% sustainable seafood. The classic, comfortable dining room features panoramic views of Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco Bay, Alcatraz and The Golden Gate Bridge. It is part of the family owned Simco Restaurant Group, which has operated high quality, award winning seafood restaurants in San Francisco for over 30 years. Fog Harbor Fish House is located on the water, upper level at the entrance to San Francisco's PIER 39. Click the following link to view our short video of how their 100% sustainable seafood goes from the ocean to your plate. http://youtu.be/2QFUf16bcSMContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Fog Harbor Fish House - Best Restaurants in Fisherman's Wharf ›
Fog Harbor Fish House reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (94)special occasion (58)good for groups (47)great for lunch (47)fit for foodies (34)romantic (30)kid-friendly (26)hot spot (18)great for brunch (18)neighborhood gem (13)notable wine list (8)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Great food and great viewsMJFoodieDined on 7/21/2014We went to Fog Harbor for lunch on our second day in SF. It was our first time at Fisherman's Wharf, so I requested a table with a view. They did not disappoint - our table was next to the floor-to-ceiling window with a view of the water and the pier, complete with sea lions, and Alcatraz and Angel Island in the background. The seafood was delicious. My husband had the crab cocktail - a heaping mound of fresh Dungeness crab, and the crab and avocado salad. Very fresh and tasty. I had the ahi tuna poke - lovely presentation and very nice flavours, with lots of fresh Cali avocado, followed by the baked oysters - perfectly cooked, with ample yummy Parmesan and sauce, without being too rich. Would go back - would love to try the supper menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassicDebbieDined on 7/19/2014Good solid dinner. Nothing extraordinary but good. Crab louie, Fried seafood plate. Good calamari, good shrimp. Fast seating because of our open table reservationSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and viewlsh41Dined on 7/17/2014Make a reservation if you want to be at a table next to windows. The lobster tail was excellent as were the raw oysters. Definitely a place to go in San Francisco right on Pier 39. Go early and see the sea lions and the boats and shops then enjoy an excellent dinner. A relaxed atmosphere and great food.Special Features:
- FantasticJimWDined on 7/16/2014Great way to celebrate your birthday! Fantastic service, great food and incredible view.Special Features:
- EDWARDVIPDined on 7/12/2014Lunch at Fog Harbor Fish House was outstanding, as the food was delicious, the service was very good, and the views of Alcatraz, San Francisco Bay, and Fisherman's Wharf were incredible. My family particularly enjoyed the lobster and macaroni casserole, although the salads, crab cakes, clam chowder, mixed seafood grill, and chicken pasta were also excellent. Fog Harbor Fish House was crowded and noisy, as this is clearly a popular restaurant. Reservations are definitely suggested, although it appears that the restaurant does not accept reservations during a large block of time shortly after noontime. We will definitely return to Fog Harbor again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy chowder & great serviceSteveinspforkDined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed the restaurant for lunch. We requested in our reservation a window seat for 2 overlooking the bay and were pleasantly surprised to get a lovely table fitting our request. The dungess crab cakes were outstanding and we just loved he clam chowder and complimentary sourdough bread brought to the table with it. Perfect combo!Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner and ServiceGlennDined on 7/10/2014We had a party of (8) and decided to have an early dinner. We were seating at an excellent table with a bay window view of the harbor. After being seated, there was a short delay in being waited on. Although we did not complain, the server and manager more than made up for this short delay. The service and food was excellent. All (8) of us were severed at the same time as well. We really had a great dinner at the Fog Habor fish House and can't wait to go back when in San Francisco. Highly recommend for large party, small party, or family. The Pier 39 is also a great place to sight see and shop before or after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for touristguymelchanDined on 7/9/2014We were provided with excellent service on our visit. The food was fine - not as amazing and fresh tasting as one would think for the City by the Bay. We live in Dallas and regularly eat seafood that tastes more fresh than what we had on our visit. That being said, I would still tell friends to go here because the place has such a special feel and beautiful view. Our waiter had been working there for 29 years and it showed - he was a master waiter! Our fish and chips was tough and flavorless; clam chowder was great as was the sourdough bread; the whole crab was fine; the cioppino was good; fried scallop appetizer was very good; all of us loved the creme brulee. Overall - not bad food with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You will love itJonnyBDined on 7/8/2014In town from Denver with the family and we had a fantastic dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TouristycarpensiVIPDined on 7/7/2014This restaurant is full of large American tourists looking for an elegant meal. Their money could be spent on much better food for the same price, but they're lured in by the view and white table cloths. My boyfriend was one such tourist. The service is young and attentive, but maybe a little clueless. Someone was vacuuming the room during our meal...Special Features:
- Fog Harbor FantasticBonesDined on 7/7/2014My Wife and I flew down to hook up with my cousins from Walnut Creek and my Wifes Brother and his Family who are From Brandford Harbor, Conn.I'm from a fishing town- Astoria, Oregon- also known as little San Francisco. We were all raised on Fishing Boats and Seafood. We're all also sorry to say we had to go to San Francisco and Fog Harbor Fish House for probably the best Seafood we'd ever had- seriously- The Salmon was perfect, the Oysters yummy, the Fish and Chips-ya baby. The only complaint, we were in the back dining room and it gets a little warm. The cost for 9 people was considerable but divided by 9 it was quite reasonable overall. We recommended it, especially the Clam Chowder- to everyone we talked to at our Hotel.Special Features:
- 4th of JulyDesertFlowerDined on 7/4/2014I could only get a reservation for 3 pm, and it was so worth it. Excellent food (we went for seafood of course), personable service, the hostess was a master juggler of people, our waiter gave good recommendations for choices. It was a wonderful dining experience with a great view.Special Features:
- CindyDined on 6/29/2014Excellent food and service. Very accomodating. Great views!Special Features:
- Remarkable viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014Very good seafood, but pricey and not outstanding. Overworked staff. But a table along the window at sunset is just a stunningly fine place for dinner. Reserved through OpenTable and the 9:15 reservation was ready exactly on time with a choice table.
- The following 888 reviews are from the Fog Harbor Fish House reviews archive.
- Fog Harbor Fish House YUMMMMfatty4lifeDined on 6/24/2014Came by after work with my bestie to just relax and talk... The food was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD. My absolute favorite was the clam chowder, but the mussels and the calamari were to die for as well. We were seated by the window so the view was so gorgeous! :3Special Features:
- mojodineDined on 6/22/2014Great location on pier 39 in San Francisco in spite of being in a tourist trap area. The restaurant came across very well with service and delectability. The down side was the crab cakes were mediocre, too much filler but the swordfish and calamari were fantastic, moist and flavorful!Special Features:
- BirthdayHawaiianBornDined on 6/22/2014The table was decorated with a Happy Birthday which totally got me excited. The food and service was Fantastic!!!Special Features:
- Worst service experience of my lifeeliseVIPDined on 6/21/2014We were so excited to eat here on the first day of our trip. I booked the table with a note that my sister has a food allergy. When we were seated, she informed the waitress she had a soy allergy and asked for the sauce of our appetizer to be on the side since it contained the allergen. When it came out, it was not on the side, so we sent it back. Our waitress went on break, so a new waitress brought it back, put it on our table and very insistently told us it was fine. After a debate, she reluctantly took it back. Then another staff member brought it back again and had the same debate with us. At that point, my sister was humiliated and started to tear up. Whether a necessity or a request, it should have just been put on the side.
- Great seafood and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/20/2014Had the Pacific sole and was grilled perfectly. My guests had the linguine and the halibut (special for day) and all of us thoroughly enjoyed our food. All 3 items were recommended by our waiter. The wine we had which was also recommended went perfectly with our seafood selections. Waiter and manager checked on us regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in tourist-townJMinSFVIPDined on 6/18/2014I do not expect to eat good food at Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39 and the like -- and so Fog Harbor Fish House, which I selected for a special dinner on Thursday night on the advice of a friend, was a delightful surprise. Excellent service, far-better-than-average food... a very positive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fishDiamondsintheroughDined on 6/18/2014My wife and I celebrated a wedding anniversary here. I noted that event when I made the reservation. Got special attention. But best was the salmon and ahi tuna we ordered. Both meals were outstanding. Highly recommend this restaurant. We were a bit skeptical about Fisferman's Wharf and Pier 39 because of the touristy nature, but Fog Harbor was a terrific experience. Recommend making reservations since on a Wednesday night the place was very busy.Special Features:
- Excellent food and nice viewsepBillDined on 6/16/2014Had the signature shellfish platter and also tried the halibut and grilled shrimp that others ordered. The seafood was all high quality and prepared as well as any place I've been to on either coast. Service was great with the right balance of attentiveness without being overbearing. Great sourdough bread too. Best balance of high quality and reasonable prices we experienced all week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pier 39 RestaurantyupikwolfDined on 6/16/2014Fog Harbor Fish House was an excellent choice for my 55th Birthday. The portions were generous and tasty. I had the crab louis salad and couldn't finish because there so much crab on the salad. The crab was perfect. I highly recommend it, especially, if like us, we were doing other activities at Pier 39.Special Features:
- Perfect View and locationGreatPlaceForTheViewDined on 6/15/2014It's been an amazing experience to dine here. We've had a really long flight from the other side of the earth and had this amazing dinner at this place. Our fatigue disappeared as soon as we got here. However, I have to say that the service level didn't really match the place and the price we paid. They should spend a little more of their spirit on the quality of that.Special Features:
- Great seafoodAnniDined on 6/15/2014My crab Louie was overflowing with fresh crab. My friend's cioppino was tasty, with a lot of seafood and not overpowered by tomato taste. He couldn't even finish it!Special Features:
- I am a local resident and Fogbobbie26Dined on 6/14/2014Harbor is a fsvorite for myself as well as my friends.The food is consistently good a service is excellent.Have been going there since it opened.Great place in a tourist area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Gem of Fisherman's WharfSuemaloDined on 6/13/2014We flew into SF from NJ for an overnight, on our way to Hawaii. We chose Fog Harbor House because of excellent reviews, their sustainable fish program, amazing views and their Ciopinno sounded amazing! The Ciopinno, Ahi & Calamari lived up to all the reviews! The Red Chili Paste Garlic Shrimp was the best Shrimp appetizer I ever had! Other members in our party really loved the Clam Chowder as well. Desserts were equally as good! Our waiter was excellent: attentive, courteous, funny and enjoyable. Fog Harbor is clearly "The Gem of the Wharf"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great placeJazmagicDined on 6/11/2014Service was slow. Lobster was too hard to crack and then when they took it back in to open it up, what came out was a paltry, extremely overpriced portion. Touristy and unremarkable.
- Food Good - Service RushedDaiseeDined on 6/7/2014Our party of three (with reservation) was looking forward to a relaxed dinner after a long day of travel (from Boston) and sightseeing. We were approached very quickly by our server and approached again several times soon after asking if we were ready to place our order. Reluctantly, we ordered a glass of wine each, appetizers and, dinner hoping to slow things down so we could relax and have a leisurely dinner. Apps arrived before our wine - disappointing. While we were still working on the apps, dinners arrived! We had one drink, apps, dinner and $250 tab in 1 hr. and 15 min. and we were out the door. Food was very good - the rushed service was very uncomfortable - not what we had planned. Would not return for such a rushed meal!Special Features:
- Nice place to relax over dinnerGorgeousGeorgeDined on 6/7/2014Surf and Turf was delicious... But the prices was a little high overallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingnothardtopleaseDined on 6/6/2014We chose this restaurant because of it's walking distance from our hotel, the menu, and it's reviews from another site. First it didn't recognize our reservation made through Open Table however we didn't have to wait too long for a table. We ordered crab cakes for an appetizer and the mixed seafood grill for our entree. Both selections were bland and disappointing. The swordfish as well as the salmon were overcooked and drenched in butter. Our waiter never returned after taking our order until we were finished. Our water was never refilled until the manager stopped by toward the end to ask how everything was. The only redeeming part of this meal was our seat by the window overlooking the harbor.
- Great timeandieDined on 6/6/2014Everything was great except for when we went to check in. The Open Table system that we booked thru wasnt working, so they did not have our time change that was done. They only had the original message. We had to wait an extra 1/2 hour for a table, but they made good.Special Features:
- Playing Tourist in San FranciscoFood4FoodiesVIPDined on 6/3/2014Hostess led us to a fabulous window table with an excellent view of Alcatraz and the bay. Enjoyed the beautiful view on a clear sunny day. Started off with lightly fried calamari and a cup of mighty thick clam chowder...both tasty and good. Complimentary sour dough bread was warm and crunchy. A generous portion slab of grilled salmon with spring greens salad was light and refreshing. The seafood linguine contains an abundance of fish and shellfish...rich and content. Waitress was professional and knowledgeable, perfect for the job. Service was quick and efficient. Dining room is large and spacious. Wait staff is friendly. Had a very satisfying meal...will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- San Francisco TreatLennyDined on 6/2/2014The restaurant is inviting from the moment you approach. A very busy environment, yet the service and food were outstanding. Our 1st time dining and we will certainly return on our next visit.Special Features:
- Not What We Had HopedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014We had planned our last evening in SF having dinner there. We were seated on time at what appeared to be a nice table with a view. There were two main issues for us. We had just taken an emergency phone call when the server arrived so we said we would like to have an appetizer and enjoy some wine before we order dinner. She came back quickly and was visibly annoyed we had not ordered entrees yet. The biggest issue was the large party next to us. They absolutely ruined our dinner. They were loud, had kids running all over the place and bumped our table too many times to be counted. The sad part was all of the staff, including mgrs. could tell this was happening and no one did anything. To top it off the crab cakes were not good.Special Features:
- The view covers many short-comingsIlrf1Dined on 5/23/2014This is a restaurant at the base of pure 39. The view is spectacular of the bay. Unfortunately the food does not live up to the gorgeous view. Fresh salmon was tasteless and trenched in butter despite the request to have it on the side. Clamchowder was good but over salted. Sourdough bread was outstanding, but this is not difficult in this locale. I should say the manager realized something was amiss and did not charge for the salmon. Ok for pier 39, but so many better choices in the city.Special Features:
- Nice Dinner at Per 39LisaDined on 5/23/2014We enjoyed good food and drink overlooking the water. Service good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fog harborcafedinnerDined on 5/22/2014This place was located in a nice area. We enjoy the food and the service was great.Special Features:
- DoroxDined on 5/22/2014Very good food for such a touristic place, nice ambiance, very short waiting time with reservation.Special Features:
- ConstanceDined on 5/18/2014Although the service and views were excellent, the seafood dishes we ordered were very disappointing. Raw oysters seemed less than fresh, crab avocado salad tasted like mush, cioppino was tasteless and chewy, ahi not fresh tasting.Special Features: