1993 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd.
Annapolis, MD 21409Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.severninn.com/
- Phone: 4103494000x
- Hours of Operation:
BUFFET BRUNCH ONLY Sunday's 10 am until 2 pm
Menu Service begins on Sunday's at 2:30 pm
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Closed on Monday's in January, February and March
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lounge Open Daily from 11:30 am/10am on Sunday's to 10pm/11pm Friday & Saturday
Pub Menu begins at 2:30 pm daily
Happy Hour 4:00pm to 6:00pm Monday - Friday
NO PETS ALLOWED
Patio/Deck seating is first-come first-served
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: NIck Baker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private seating for 50, Private seating for 100
- Private Party Contact: Jami Adkins 4103494000x12
- Special Events: Seating for up to 130 guests with views of the Severn River and USNA
Contact Jami Curtis 410-349-4000 Ext.12 / email email@example.com
A word from Severn Inn
Welcome to the Severn Inn, waterfront dining at its best. Located on the eastern side of the United States Naval Academy Bridge with spectacular views of historic Annapolis and the Severn River. We strive to offer a diverse selection of fine beef and fresh seafood using the finest ingredients available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Severn Inn - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Severn Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (137)great for outdoor dining (125)special occasion (95)romantic (63)fit for foodies (58)great for brunch (50)great for lunch (48)notable wine list (40)neighborhood gem (39)good for groups (37)vibrant bar scene (16)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (11)late-night find (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014The hostess seated another table, at the window in the large dining room, right next to our party of four. The dining room was empty at the time. We couldn't figure out why they were seated so close to our party of four when the dining room was empty. Their conversation was loud and interfered with our conversation, and probably we interfered with theirs. Our waitress was very good.Special Features:
- A memorable anniversary dinner!foodfanDined on 6/10/2014I had the wedge salad which was topped with finely sliced, fried onions along with a delicious, creamy dressing, and one of the best of its kind I've ever had. The Creekstone Farms Filet Mignon was perfectly prepared, tender and sat on just the right amount of mashed potatoes. I had the "crispy" version of the spinach side dish, and I highly recommend it. It was absolutely delectable, each crispy, little spinach leaf separate from the others. (This could be my favorite spinach preparation of all time.) The waiter offered us a piece of "anniversary dessert" that we shared, a delicious brownie topped with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. The champagne was perfectly chilled and contributed to a perfect dining experience. Many thanks.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnersevenisheavenDined on 6/9/2014We very much enjoyed celebrating our 7th anniversary dining at the Severn Inn.Special Features:
- My Go To PlaceLoriDined on 6/8/2014I am in my happy place whenever I go to the Severn Inn. I've been going here for years and have turned lots of people on to it. When the weather is warm, we ALWAYS get there right when the deck opens so that we can enjoy the view. Sigh. It's awesome. And, as I tell EVERYONE, it is away from the hustle and bustle of historic Annapolis. You have views of the water & the Naval Academy in front of you, a lovely park to one side & beautiful homes a top a "cliff" on the other side. That's it. Parking has never been a problem. The staff is friendly & the service top-notch. I'm a vegetarian, and while there aren't many options geared towards me, I still enjoy myself with a plate of cheese, a salad, and/or a bunch of sides and great wine!Special Features:
- Great food with a great viewRaleighguyDined on 6/7/2014This is a wonderful place to eat if you're staying in or near Annapolis. My wife and I both had the seafood entrees and appetizers. Everything tasted great and was perfectly cooked. We tried the desserts and the crime brûlée and dos leches cake were both great. We were seated immediately and our table overlooked the river, with a great view of the Naval Academy. Service was friendly and attentive. The only drawbacks were that there is very limited parking (we had to park in the municipal parking lot next to the restaurant and walk over). Also some of menu items seemed pricey for what was being offered. It's definitely a special occasion place and I'd definitely return.Special Features:
- Wonderful RestaurantLadyjwDined on 6/7/2014The food was fantastic. The services was awesome. Only complaint is that parking at 6:30 was challenging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view!PZA2014Dined on 6/7/2014Beautiful views of the Naval Academy and bay. We enjoyed the food and the excellent vegetarian options as well as seafood. Great place for a special event/romantic evening.Special Features:
- Perfect Eveningseawater51Dined on 6/7/2014Having dined at most of the area restaurants during the past few years, Severn Inn continues to be our favorite. The deck had a 45 minute wait (they don't take reservations for that or the bar area seating), but with our reservations, we were promptly seated in the dining room. Our party had a variety of seafood, crab cakes, mahi, ahi, swordfish, oysters for starters and entree's which were shared & enjoyed. Our server was knowledgeable about the menu, and kept our glasses full without being intrusive. Can't imagine anything that would make it better. Some of the other reviews comment on the pricing - Here, you are paying to be on the waterfront, not just to have a remote glimpse of it. Big props to the Staff.Special Features:
- Great Service - Average Foodbeachlvergirl123Dined on 6/7/2014Our waitress was wonderful and very attentive. The food was just ok, but certainly not worth the hefty pricetags. I don't mind paying $30-40 for an entree if it's top quality, but this food was just average. A very unpleasant ending to our dining experience - when we left the restaurant and walked through the parking lot there was a horrible stench of sewage odor, which was very unsettling just after eating an expensive dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so good this timePrefer2forageVIPDined on 6/7/2014Last week we came in the middle of the week, this time we came on a Saturday. I don't think we'll go on a weekend again. We had three different wait people, had a very long wait to get a drink. The hostesses seemed perplexed about what was going on and didn't have much personality. When we were finally seated for dinner the staff seemed stressed and confused. Before we ordered our dinner we finally got a wait person who was on the ball, smiled and delivered good service. However, we ordered the crab cakes expecting one but were served the dinner size of two. Again the restaurant was very expensive and we didn't feel that we got what we paid for this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning View, Ambience and FoodOut2eatDined on 6/5/2014Enjoyed dinner here twice in one week. Wait service extremely attentive. Some distracting noise from nearby bridge easily overcome by extraordinary view of Naval Academy across Severn River. Salvadorian shellfish stew expertly prepared md lightly flavored to allow natural flavor story come through. Companions had tuna, salmon and a vegetable risotto, all praised. Quite pricey but where else can you find such a divine view complimented by a great variety of Chesapeake Bay oriented dishes.Special Features:
- Always excellentPrefer2forageVIPDined on 6/3/2014Had dinner outside on the deck and enjoyed a beautiful early summer evening with friends who had never been to the Severn Inn. We were all in agreement that the food was outstanding, service perfect and view to die for. Expensive but well worth it.Special Features:
- csvjDined on 6/1/2014Wonderful outdoor setting and most enjoyable Sunday Brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every time is as good as the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2014Amazing! I went for my fourth Sunday brunch and it is the best buffet style brunch I have ever had. The price is very reasonable considering you get endless mimosa's or bloody mary's. The service is also exceptional. I suggest making a reservation and asking for a seat in the dining room away from the bar. Arrive when they open if don't want to wait long at the buffet.Special Features:
- Excellent food!SuefDined on 5/29/2014We so enjoyed.We come every year from NY, and we are never dissapointed.Food and ambiance is all wrapped up into one fabulous dinning experience. Gets better every time we come.Great for foodies!SueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or MissPuraVidaProDined on 5/27/2014The best view in Annapolis should be a home run but they never seem to be consistent with the service or the food.Special Features:
- Always a delight!JerriVIPDined on 5/24/2014We are never disappointed and always enjoy the Severn Inn crab cake resting on fried green tomatoes. There is not always immediate space for outside dining but the menu is well worth it where you eat.Special Features:
- Take the good with the bad.TryanythingonceDined on 5/24/2014The cream of crab was amazing! However the burger was a huge disappointment. I asked for medium and received a well done burger. At $14 I expected it to be cooked medium. My cocktail had more fruit than the fruit salad that came with my burger. The fruit salad had honey dew, cantaloupe and 3 grapes.I was expecting a fruit salad which I believe consists of more than 2-3 fruits? The seafood roll was great, very fresh and perfectly seasoned. I was recommended to this place by a friend that has frequented this establishment and had only rave reviews. Needless to say when I told him of my experience, he was less then thrilled to hear it. While our visit started off with the best cream of crab I've ever had, it ended in disappointment.Special Features:
- Deck Dining at Severn InnHappyDined on 5/12/2014Enjoyed dinner on the deck at the Severn Inn, and managed to get it in before the storm hit. Service was great, food as always was superb. Was a great experience, as we have had many times over the last several years (mostly inside).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- from dcviczoddaDined on 5/10/2014The sommelier was very helpful and knowledgeable without being pretentious. When he didn't have a French white that I wanted, he came up with an alternative that turned out to be very close, and didn't press the most expensive wines on the list. The service was very good, and friendly without being intrusive. Terrific view as the sun went down. All of our guests were quite happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect location!FoodinwinoDined on 5/8/2014Met a business associate for lunch and sat outdoor. I didn't want to go back to work. It was so relaxing and such a nice lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Severn InnHenryVIPDined on 5/4/2014Great restaurant and Great Food. Extensive menu and wine list. Seafood was terrific. There was six of us and everyone was very satisfied with the whole dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, excellent service3333Dined on 5/4/2014We went for Sunday brunch... the food was plentiful and good and the service very attentive.Special Features:
- Excellent FooddanzeDined on 5/4/2014Food and service was great, though the restaurant could use a sign as it wasn't obvious from the road where the place was located. The view of the bay was wonderful. If it hadn't been so windy, it would have been fun to walk around.Special Features:
- Worth it for the view aloneOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2014While we love this place for the ambiance and view, we often are not impressed by the food. However, on this visit, both my wife and myself were very pleased with the food as well. She had the Surf and Turf (Crab cake and Filet), I, the New Your Strip. Both were very good. Our only complaint is that prices seem a bit high.......so bring money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost OutstandingLJa111111Dined on 4/26/2014The river view and siting across the Severn from the Academy was perfect. The outdoor dining offered the cherry on the icing, except it was a little to windy/cold. Indoors there are several different eating areas, and fortunately one of those was reasonable quiet ..the bar. The others had families with bratty kids that ran up the decibel level to the point of being uncomfortable. But it was Saturday midday, so some of that was to be expected. The food however was sensational, and the service was great. The hostess cheerfully moved us 2 times and the waitress always appeared magically whenever we needed her. The mussels were to die for and the crab cake had no filler to speak of and tasted like fresh crab. It was great!Special Features:
- Oh Scenery...GeekchicDined on 4/25/2014On a rainy Friday evening I gathered with a group of young ladies to celebrate the birthday of my best friend at Sever Inn. Our reservation request was honored as we were seated by the window to enjoy the beautiful scene. We were greeted by a bubbly server Josie who treated us well! The food was amazing and laughter was over the top. Great great great way to celebrate a birthday for an amazing friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!GoodFoodDined on 4/22/2014I took my girlfriend to the Severn Inn for her birthday! It was absolutely fantastic. Great bread and great appetizers! The Crab Bisque was the best I've ever had. I got the surf and turf. The crab cake was really good with very little breading. The steak was decent. I asked for it medium but it was closer to medium well. I would recommend just going for seafood instead of steak. My girlfriend got the Salvadorian Seafood Stew - great dish with a variety of seafood - very tasty. A little expensive, but I think it was worth it. I would definitely go there again. The server was nice, but I felt rushed a little bit. Every time she would ask a question, she would respond before I had finished answering her question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Severn innOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014Linda is awesome. Great drinks. Excellent food. We have been here half a dozen times and its always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific night!JohnVIPDined on 4/15/2014Another fabulous meal! We had a terrific service and stellar food – I will keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, food & sericeTomRDined on 4/13/2014Always love coming here. It's right on the Severn River with beautiful waterfront views. Food and service are always good, the décor is very contemporary, and all the staff are very friendly. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemPeerCoDined on 4/12/2014After strolling around Annapolis on a gorgeous day, we topped off the evening at the Severn Inn. What a find! Casual dress is allowed, but the restaurant has too much class for flip-flops and t-shirts. Our server, Linda, was exceptional, never pressuring and always accommodating, with a good sense of humor. And now for the food: go for the calamari with a sauce that is out of this world, and any of the fish dishes. We had the tortilla encrusted salmon, Ahi tuna, and swordfish. Beautifully prepared and extraordinarily inventive. There are also very tempting vegetarian dishes. Kudos to the chef and staff. And the drinks, wine and beer menu is extensive and reasonably priced. We were too full for dessert. We'll be coming back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location with viewHollyFoxDined on 4/12/2014Very busy on weekends Lovely view Noisy Above average foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pass, if you have other choicesDisappointedDined on 4/6/2014For my b-day, a request was made for window seating to enjoy the scenic views at 10:30 am brunch. Upon arrival we were told that there were no "window seats for 2 people" and were thus seated behind a group -- 8 adults and 5 children under the age of 4 -- who did have an upfront "view." With all the commotion that this table generated, arguably no one was there specifically to enjoy the waterfront. The aggregated tables could have easily been allocated differently; further, there were 2 small tables w/views that remained vacant during our entire time. The restaurant treated us like second-class guests and the food was mediocre -- nothing notable for the price. The only exception to our experience was the waitress--she was most attentive.
- Good food and good viewBabsDined on 4/5/2014The food was delicious. The waiter friendly and attentive, but the view was spectacular, looking out across the Severn River to the Naval Academy. On a warmer day I would sit outside on the deck. The menu had a lot of variety and it was difficult to choose. I had the grilled Romaine Salad, which was delicious, and the French onion soup, also delicious. My dining partner ahd the ahi tuna which was beautiful.Special Features:
- Patient ServerdardinerDined on 4/5/2014We come to the Severn Inn every year for an annual girl's lunch and always have so much to catch up on with each other. Our server was very accommodating towards us, allowing us more than ample time to make our menu selections and creating separate checks. We also had a new baby to bring with us this year and he was welcomed as well. We know that it takes extra time and effort to wait on us and its nice when a server isn't bothered by it. So thanks to our patient server who made us feel welcome once again at the Severn Inn. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Severn Inn has it all lotsTiaTDined on 4/4/2014Severn Inn has it all lots of choices, great specials, fabulous sides and the view! Recommneded this place to a ton of my friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice...JustaguyfromannapolisDined on 4/1/2014Lots of fits and starts with the Severn Inn, but they really seem to have gotten their act together over the past 24 months. Been maybe half dozen times with the first two being beautiful disasters--okay service, wonderful view and ambience, below par food. Of late, the food has really improved. Steak cooked to order, fish seasoned, cooked and presented nicely. Why 'only' four stars for the food? Everything was good...nothing was "OMG" good! That's a high bar, but to give all aspects of a restaurant five stars indicates to me that they cannot improve, and that's not the case here. We will return, and do so more frequently--and definitely be rooting for them to achieve that last star!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelbrationYUMMYDined on 3/30/2014We celebrated our friendships at the Severn Inn !!! A wonderful brunch , filled with plentiful, well prepared dishes- from seafood to a delicious, tender roast beef, .And Bloody Mary's and Mimosa's are included in the price of the brunch. Desserts are mini sizes - just perfect to satisfy your sweet tooth. Reservations are suggested. The restaurant was very busy , many walk-ins but they had to wait ( the bar area that is used for walk-ins were very full). They make every effort to seat you at your designated time. Always a great experience - waiting for warm weather so that next time we can sit outside and take in the view of the Bay and the Naval AcademySpecial Features:
- Great Saturday evening dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014We had a wonderful meal in a scenic dining room. Ample parking is definitely a big plus too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.