1993 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd.
Annapolis, MD 21409Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.severninn.com/
- Phone: 4103494000x
- Hours of Operation:
BUFFET BRUNCH ONLY Sunday's 10 am until 2 pm
Menu Service begins on Sunday's at 2:30 pm
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Closed on Monday's in January, February and March
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lounge Open Daily from 11:30 am/10am on Sunday's to 10pm/11pm Friday & Saturday
Pub Menu begins at 2:30 pm daily
Happy Hour 4:00pm to 6:00pm Monday - Friday
NO PETS ALLOWED
Patio/Deck seating is first-come first-served
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: NIck Baker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private seating for 50, Private seating for 100
- Private Party Contact: Jami Adkins 4103494000x12
- Special Events: Seating for up to 130 guests with views of the Severn River and USNA
Contact Jami Curtis 410-349-4000 Ext.12 / email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Severn Inn
Welcome to the Severn Inn, waterfront dining at its best. Located on the eastern side of the United States Naval Academy Bridge with spectacular views of historic Annapolis and the Severn River. We strive to offer a diverse selection of fine beef and fresh seafood using the finest ingredients available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Severn Inn - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Severn Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (134)great for outdoor dining (126)special occasion (90)romantic (59)fit for foodies (56)great for brunch (50)great for lunch (49)neighborhood gem (39)good for groups (37)notable wine list (36)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (8)late-night find (4)Show More
- Wonderful even on a rainy nightSharonSueDined on 8/12/2014We celebrated my birthday with my son and daughter-in-law (who had never been to Severn Inn), and it was delightful. Food never disappoints (catfish, grouper, crab cakes, steak). Waitress was efficient and quickly corrected one small mistake (a beer on the menu was not what she brought, but beer-loving son detected the difference, and she brought correct one). Even though it was a rainy evening, it was still lovely...especially when the clouds finally broke and we could see the Naval Academy all lit up. Lovely evening....we will be back!Special Features:
- Beautiful viewPattiVIPDined on 8/11/2014We really enjoyed this restaurant from the wine, to the food to the desert. Our waitress was wonderful. We had scallops and they were done perfect, also had risitto that was very tasty and the desert was the perfect ending to all. The view over the river is beautiful and looks over to the Naval Academy. Right next to INN is a park so when done eating can drive right around corner and enjoy more time taking a walk or just sitting on one of many benches . Highly recommend the Severne INN, do not miss this place.Special Features:
- GreatDining1Dined on 8/9/2014We were from another state. Found them online, easy online reservation. Arrived, seated quickly. Waitress was excellent, food delicious!! Well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/9/2014Severn Inn is one of our favorite places to eat in Annapolis. The Severn River view of the Naval Academy certainly makes it special, but the food and the service also contribute to an excellent dining experience. If the weather cooperates, an expanded outside eating area is a treat. Regardless of inside or outside, the daily menu specials contain market availability ingredients for that day and show off the creative skills of the chef. On this particular day, specials of the day included Watermelon and Tomato Gazpacho and Cornmeal Breaded Soft Shell Crabs, both were excellent! The regular menu is also excellent and is always available. If you save room, deserts are always delectable too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFrauDined on 8/9/2014I have eaten at Severn Inn many time previously but was disappointed this time. The kitchen was behind and the waitress did not tell us until we inquired after 45 minutes. When it arrived, my dish was overcooked and bland. I hope this was just an off night.Special Features:
- Continued perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014This was the second time we've enjoyed the Severn Inn. We made reservations online and everything went perfectly. First of all, you can't beat the scenic location. We had an absolutely wonderful spot in the restaurant. There were four in our party and we sat by the window. From appetizer and drinks, delicious main course, to after-dinner visiting over a nightcap, the evening was exceptional. Brady was our waiter and he added to our evening! We never felt rushed. We were celebrating two birthdays in our group and I know all of us will remember the evening with a smile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Severn Inn--Lovely experience!JeannetteVIPDined on 8/8/2014The atmosphere and view were terrific! Our waiter was very nice. I really loved the crunchy spinach. It would be great with drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food with Steep PriceDoNotineoutoftenDined on 8/3/2014The menu items are a little pricy but the food was outstanding. Scenic view is excellent. We ate in the main dinning room which was quiet and shaded. The seating on the open deck is also a very good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JodieBFredBDined on 8/3/2014I've been to the Severn Inn several times this year. Once for dinner, once for lunch and 2 times for the Sundy Brunch. I have found the brunch to be the best this year. The regular menu seems to be hit and miss. One of my favorite items is the grilled romaine salad, used to be awesome, now I won't even order the salad. It was so disappointing the last 2 times I ordered it. The presentation wasn't good it was just thrown on the plate with not much dressing, cheese or bacon. Basically no effort put into the preparation. Very sad, it use to be the BEST.Special Features:
- Engagement dinnerDianaLDined on 8/2/2014I went here with my fiancee after he proposed to me in downtown Annapolis. We originally were being seated on the upper deck. We requested to have a table down by the water on the lower deck for our special occasion and without missing a beat the gentleman seating us said, "Sure! No problem! Right this way." Our waitress even gave us a dessert that said "Congratulations" written in gel on the plate. The food was superb, and worth every penny. The wine selection was phenominal - everything from a bottle in the mid $30s to over $100. Whatever your taste or budget for wine, they have it!Special Features:
- Lovely in lovely weather!NickDined on 7/29/2014Food was good, deck is great! On a beautiful evening the deck is outstanding. Service a bit uneven, but the staff tried hard.Special Features:
- Beautiful view with good foodBabsDined on 7/29/2014We enjoyed the view as much as the food, watching the sailboats with the NavalAcademy in the background. My hamburger was cooked perfectly medium rare as ordered. The quiche florentine was enormous, and tasty with a large accompanying green salad. We had some special requests for the waitress, who was most accomodating. A grtood experience all around.Special Features:
- Surprising FoodJanPDined on 7/27/2014The restaurant was a little more casual than we anticipated so we were afraid the food might be too. The service was also very casual; just dropped a pile of menus on the table without even pointing out the wine list or the pub menu. We were pleasantly surprised at the food, it was fabulous! Everyone's meal was so delicious and beautiful. Our table had surf and turf, crab cakes and seared tuna. Everyone loved their entrees and everything that went with it - fried green tomatoes, corn salad, bok choy, etc. All the food was perfectly cooked. Loved it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2014Can't beat the view! Food for brunch was underseasoned. Would come back for evening drinks out on the deck to take full advantage of the view.
- Fantastic ambience, poor servicegratefulDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I go to the Severn when we want to enjoy a special occasion without going into DC or Baltimore. The Severn Inn normally fits the bill well, whether we dine inside or on the deck. The weather was perfect for our anniversary dinner on the deck. My entree - surf and turf - was average. Neither the crabcake (bland) nor the filet (dry and bland) impressed. This surprised me because normally the food is well above average. My wife enjoyed her Salvadoran seafood stew. Server was inattentive throughout meal. We waited a long time between the appetizer and arrival of entrees; server never came to us once after the entrees arrived. Had to ask for the bill a second time after having our dishes removed. Next time may stick to bar menu.
- MHFtLauderdaleDined on 7/25/2014Beautiful scenery during day time, good food and service. Their parking area is not big enough if they get busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was as good as the viewpebblesVIPDined on 7/25/2014Service was great! Sandwich was good but a little too heavy for lunch (my bad choice) Loved, loved, the view and the weather was incredible! Great two level patio (easily accessible to wheelchairs)Special Features:
- Great evening on the waterfoodieintrainingDined on 7/23/2014Severn Inn has wonderful food and wine—so many reasons to recommend it. The location and views are really an extraordinary bonus. On this first visit I had to have the crab cakes, which were delicious, but I look forward to sampling the many other dishes when we return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place to celebrateHappyDinerDined on 7/21/2014Arrived early enough to claim a waterfront table overlooking Naval Academy harbor. Food was outstanding! Husband had seafood stew packed with all kinds and I had the surf and turf. Everything was excellent although I will note they billed their crabcake as a "no filler" crabcake and it wasn't true. While it was tasty, and there was plently of crab, there was also an abundance of filler in it which was slightly disappointing. At the same time, thise of us living on the Cheasapeake Bay tend to be snobbish about our crabcakes. The filet was perfect, the sides outstanding, and my mojita one of the best I've ever had. Wait staff were very attentive. Dessert was their delightful goat cheesecake and amazing creme brulee. Definitely will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!BrunchtasticDined on 7/20/2014A girlfriend and I wanted a place to go for Sunday brunch. Severn Inn had great internet reviews, so I thought we should try it. We were NOT disappointed! We dined outside, while listening to the water gently crash against the Annapolis shoreline. The waiter was very attentive, friendly, and charming. We did not feel rushed or ignored. The food was incredible! We will definitely make this one of our "go-to" locations in the future dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining. Eat outside.HaystaxDined on 7/19/2014We had lived in Annapolis for 2 years and had recently moved about 15 miles away. Annapolis has many great restaurants and as we lived downtown we never had took the opportunity to explore restaurants on the periphery of the city. The Severn Inn was recommended by a friend and we will be back. Reservations will normally be required, although they don't take reservations for the terrace, strictly first come, first served. But the view across the Navy College and Annapolis is worth it. The food is wonderful, well cooked and presented. Some great dishes, recommend the clams casino and the surf and turf. Fantastic wine list, with a great variation in price. Service was attentive and professional while not being overly 'in your face'.Special Features:
- Terrible!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/18/2014Terrible food! The view & wine were fine but our $42.00 surf & turf was cold & there was more shell then crab in the crab cake ! We won't we going back!Special Features:
- Used to be Best Brunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/13/2014Food has gone downhill... Service was never stellar, but is subpar at best now. The view is about all this place has going for it anymore.
- I am the CustomerlizzyDined on 7/8/2014The restaurant was not full and they tried to sit us in the interior of the restaurant instead of by the windows. When we tried to move over to the next table the hostess said we couldn't because it was a four top. When I asked if they were booked she said you can not sit at a four top. She left to check on another table and moved us into the other room but left us with the same waitress. Which meant our waitress was not paying attention to us since she was in the other room. So a simple creme brulee dessert order took fifteen minutes. For the price of the food the experience was lacking.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014Great food and dining experience would go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience at Severn Inn!CheckThisOutDined on 7/6/2014First experience (for two couples) at Severn Inn for Sunday Brunch on their outside deck - couldn't have been better! The selection of brunch buffet food to choose from and the preparation was very good - bottomless Mimosas, champagne, and Bloody Mary's an added bonus. The $33 pp charge may sound high, but it isn't at all considering the food, the ambiance, and the beautiful view. Having wonderful (cool in July) weather was a plus, but the inside is very attractive, and we can't wait to eat in there in the cooler months on our next visit to Maryland. Try this place - you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- diningoutDined on 7/4/2014food was excellent, service was top notch and out table was well placed to watch the fire works on July 4th.Special Features:
- lynniepinDined on 7/4/2014One sentence says it all for my friend, Bob, and me. "It was the best 4th of July we have had". This, of course, is because we had dinner and watched fireworks at the Severn Inn. Everything was perfect: the weather, the crab cake dinner, and the beautiful view of the fireworks in Annapolis from the restaurant. All in all, it was a glorious experience. Thank you Severn Inn. Lynn StrangeSpecial Features:
- Too noisy but not the Inn's faultSkere9Dined on 7/3/2014We had dinner for four last night, a combination business / social gathering. The food was great, the service was excellent, but the party of six (or so) next to us was absolutely deafening and ruined and otherwise great evening. That being said - we were indoors due to the storms, but the Severn Inn's outside waterfront deck seating is the excellent. We'll definitely be back to the Severn Inn for a social gathering and for sitting outside, but the next time it's a business meal in which we need to be able to hear each other, and if the weather forces us to sit inside, then I hate to say it but I know other places that are able to control that sort of unending cacophony.Special Features:
- Food and viewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/1/2014Severn Inn has a fantastic view of the water and USNA. The food is always excellent. The noise level in the dining room is perfect for good conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Severn InnOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/30/2014Excellent experience for our 35th Wedding AnniversarySpecial Features:
- Great food and view!TrynewplacesDined on 6/29/2014Not sure how I've lived in the Annapolis area for 35 years and never new about this place, but thanks to Yelp I'm now aware of it. Great Sunday brunch--something for everyone. Beautiful view. On the pricey side, but brunch was well worth it. Will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always OutstandingUltracsicVIPDined on 6/25/2014We began with a hummus appetizer and a drink before dinner. The single malt scotch list is extensive and you can always find a good one. We split the caesar salad ...very fresh. I ordered the snapper and it was served as a filet and was very tasty and cooked perfectly. It was paired with a summer veg. sauce that was ideal. My wife had the crab cake and it was perfect as well. You can't beat the back deck when the weather is perfect on a summer night. Only one red wine by the glass, but it too was excellent.Special Features:
- Was disappointed once againjjabnerVIPDined on 6/23/2014Went for our 28th Anniversary. Venue is fantastic but forgot how disappointing it is. We like to have a premium Vodka as a cocktail. They do not carry Belvedere or Chopin - their premium is Grey Goose. We also forgot how disappointing their menu is. It is over priced for what you can get at other restaurants in Annapolis. My husband had the New York strip steak, which he said had no flavor and I had the Wahoo with the butter sauce which certainly was not cooked to "flaky". I thing they depend on the view and are not interested in providing quality food and reasonable prices. The only redeeming factor was that we did have the $50 check from Open Table so didn't feel as cheated as if we had to pay for the whole thing out of pocket.Special Features:
- Brunch ExperienceGreyhouundloverVIPDined on 6/22/2014We really enjoyed the Severn Inn. The food was plentiful, and very good. Our server was attentive and extremely pleasant. We will be back for sure. I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a scenic place to enjoy a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1195 reviews are from the Severn Inn reviews archive.
- Great viewFionaDined on 6/14/2014Severn inn is a very nice restraunt. The food is good, the selection good, and the wine list very good. Service is anywhere from good to excellent. The view is gorgeous. Items to improve... Delivery of food is very slow, not always hot and not always the server's fault. I recommend looking at the food delivery system to improve it during peak times. Overall the very nice Restraunt and I recommend it to all my friends with these caveats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining experienceTasty2Dined on 6/13/2014Was pleasantly surprised. This is a gem on the Severn. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014The hostess seated another table, at the window in the large dining room, right next to our party of four. The dining room was empty at the time. We couldn't figure out why they were seated so close to our party of four when the dining room was empty. Their conversation was loud and interfered with our conversation, and probably we interfered with theirs. Our waitress was very good.Special Features:
- A memorable anniversary dinner!foodfanDined on 6/10/2014I had the wedge salad which was topped with finely sliced, fried onions along with a delicious, creamy dressing, and one of the best of its kind I've ever had. The Creekstone Farms Filet Mignon was perfectly prepared, tender and sat on just the right amount of mashed potatoes. I had the "crispy" version of the spinach side dish, and I highly recommend it. It was absolutely delectable, each crispy, little spinach leaf separate from the others. (This could be my favorite spinach preparation of all time.) The waiter offered us a piece of "anniversary dessert" that we shared, a delicious brownie topped with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. The champagne was perfectly chilled and contributed to a perfect dining experience. Many thanks.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnersevenisheavenDined on 6/9/2014We very much enjoyed celebrating our 7th anniversary dining at the Severn Inn.Special Features: