Legal Harborside – Floor 2 Dining Room
270 Northern Ave
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Legal Harborside – Floor 2 Dining Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.legalseafoods.com/restaurants/boston-legal-harborside-floor-2
- Phone: 6174772900x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday:
5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday:
5:30pm - 11:00pm
5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Public Transit: Silver Line Way (Silver Line)
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: With validation valet parking is available for $16 Monday-Friday from 7am-close and Saturday-Sunday from 11am-close. Or, with our validation, self-park at a $2/hr discount for up to 2 hours in the Park Lane Garage. The Massport parking lot at 301 Northern Avenue is available by Credit Card only starting at $4.00 for 0-1 hours, $8.00 for 1-2 hours, $14.00 for 2-3 hours, $18.00 for 3-4 hours, and $28.00 for 4+hours.
A word from Legal Harborside – Floor 2 Dining Room
The second floor dining room at Legal Harborside offers a focused menu of cuisine prepared with sensible creativity for celebratory eating and private dining events. Complementing the dinner menu is an aperitif cocktail list and a unique selection of artisan wines, each produced from a specific terroir representing some of the world’s most classic regions, from family-owned vineyards. Each of the vintages is unique to Legal Harborside within Massachusetts. The design of the restaurant takes full advantage of the harbor view and is reminiscent of a ship’s dining room, with a curved rosewood ceiling and glossy black columns inspired by the mast of a ship that anchor the space. A lounge off the grand spiral staircase and two oceanfront rooms, with recessing doors for privacy, are available for special events. An intimate patio with outdoor fireplace offers dining and drinks in-season. Named a “Best New Restaurant” by Esquire, 2011.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Legal Harborside – Floor 2 Dining Room - Best Restaurants in Seaport ›
Legal Harborside – Floor 2 Dining Room reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (144)special occasion (120)romantic (80)fit for foodies (77)notable wine list (67)great for outdoor dining (64)hot spot (49)good for groups (38)vibrant bar scene (36)neighborhood gem (15)late-night find (10)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Disappointing experienceoneilk4Dined on 6/15/2014The location and views are beautiful. However, for an extremely expensive meal (more than $300 for two adults and one child) we were very disappointed in the service (we waited 20 minutes for our cocktails and 20 minutes for luke-warm coffee at the end of the meal) and especially the quality of the food which was fair at best. I would definitely not go back.Special Features:
- First rate, except for the food!BillDined on 6/15/2014Lovely views; excellent service; pleasant ambience ! Even the bread served was tasty and unusual. Everything was as it should be in a top class establishment, except the food, especially the lobster, the most expensive item on the menu. Two in our party had lobster: We agreed that had we been blindfolded, neither of us would have had any idea what we were eating……. perhaps moist cardboard.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 6/15/2014Surprised that this place was in a good spot, has a good reputation but the food was mediocre. Entrees range from $26-50. Given the location, I was expecting a lot more. Menu was limited and expensive and only had a few seafood dishes. Who prepared the menu and who was in the kitchen that day? The food was not memorable. It was a disappointment. Never again.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperiencejniceDined on 6/14/2014Wanted to enjoy a special evening out and I definately received that.. Great job by the staff both behind and infront of the scenes. Thank you for all you have done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedBadWolf617Dined on 6/14/2014This was our first time at their "Flagship" restaurant, The downstairs was loud and touristy and we were glad we were upstairs. We were promptly seated at a table with a great view, but it took 10 minutes before our waiter arrived. He seemed disinterested and never gave us any specials or highlights on the menu. The restrooms were out of order, we were told to use the upstairs roof deck bar, those bathrooms were horrible, urine smelling with beer glasses all over, very unkempt. The Apps arrived quickly, but then it took 40 minutes for our entrees to arrive and never once did the waiter come over to us. The food was Fantastic and quite delicious, although 2 bones were in the Salmon. Service was the major fail here, especially for the priceSpecial Features:
- My third timeBostonBulldogDined on 6/11/2014Only twice in the new location. Very, very expensive and food was good. Not very, very good. Service and wine list are exceptional.Special Features:
- Busy night, just averageOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/7/2014We waited 20 minutes for our table & ended up sitting at a bar table. We had awesome views of the harbor, but it was too loud and there was a crowd of people gathering around the table - our fault for choosing not to wait longer for our dining room table. But it was almost 9:00 and we were hungry! I got the halibut. I LOVE halibut but didn't care for the way they served it over a giant slab of bacon an inch thick. I'm not sure what I was expecting and it was my fault for not asking questions about the entree. My husband got the abalone which was tough and kind of rubbery. Maybe we just ordered the wrong things but the menu was relatively small. The servers were very harried and it was just overall not the relaxed delicious meal we wanted.Special Features:
- Amazing!!HappyDinerDined on 6/7/2014We were celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary and it couldn't have been more perfect. The food was outstanding, our table right on the water was breathtaking and the manager/staff were accommodating and attentive. We would HIGHLY recommend this restaurant and will definitely be going back! A++++Special Features:
- Beautiful view great foodAliandDined on 6/7/2014We had an amazing experience at Legal Harborside. The fish was excellent and our server was vey helpful. Beautiful spot for a restaurant and the view of the harbor was perfect to look at while we dined.Special Features:
- graduation dinnerbostonmom53Dined on 6/6/2014Our graduation dinner was excellent in terms of the scenic view and the service. The food ranged from excellent to mediocre. The appetizers were definitely better than the entrees listed on the menu which is limited. The waitress made a great recommendation for the bone in swordfish steak which was not on the menu.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/5/2014The food was not up to Legal Seafoods standards, and the service was the worst we've had in thirty years of dining at a variety of Legals. The room is attractive, but every time we've been here the noise has been awful. Maybe it's just the clientele this particular restaurant attracts, but "energetic" doesn't come close: it's a din. Unless things improve, I predict this restaurant won't be around long. One can count on the quality of the food and the experience at all the other Legals. Sadly, despite the marvelous location, things here just don't measure up.
- amazingcookinitDined on 6/1/2014a wonderful dining experience. Terrific (almost perfect) service and one of the best meals I've ever had. As a former chef I do not say this lightly. Consomme with the sablefish entrée was just divine. oysters were flavorful, well shucked, and quite delicious, and soups both lobster s, and sweet pea where impeccably prepared and wonderfully presented. Can't wait to go back. Some dishes where a little to complex for my liking. The salmon in particular just had a little too much going on, on the plate. Sometimes less is more and in this case although everything on the plate was very well prepared and flavorful the overall impression of the dish was one of confusion created by the utter chaos of the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOutVIPDined on 5/31/2014Our dining experience at Legal Harborside was outstanding. Although we waited 35 minutes for our table to be available, the manager came several times apologizing for the delay and we would be seated as soon as possible. From appetizers to desert, everything was amazingly delicious. The wine was excellent as was the very attentive wait staff. The views of the harbor are a treat. We had a thoroughly enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- LOLADined on 5/31/2014great food and atmosphere. DID NOT LIKE being questioned, the instant we entered the restaurant, "which floor" we were going to. Apparently, a crowd control issue….Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this restaurant.MikeVIPDined on 5/30/2014Of course the menu was superb. But add that to the view, energy, and service you have an experience to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/30/2014It took almost 2 hours for us to receive our entrees. I'm not sure I would recommend for special events, or large groups.
- Great Anniversary Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/28/2014My wife and I enjoyed a special 37th anniversary dinner here at Harborside. We found the food delicious and the service impeccable. The hosts had set up our table especially for us and our anniversary. The special attention were much appreciated!!!Special Features:
- Makes a special night feel like oneMikeDined on 5/26/2014We went for dinner on our first wedding anniversary. I mentioned it was our anniversary and the staff went above and beyond to make is a special night for us. Everyone is extremely friendly and pays attention to the smallest detail. The food and cocktails were delicious, their recommendations were spot on, and the view is unbeatable. Legal Seafoods never disappoints, but I highly recommend this particular location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pjcobraVIPDined on 5/25/2014Food was OK - having a reservation didn't seem to matterSpecial Features:
- Excellent place for a dateJoeydineDined on 5/24/2014Very romantic excellent food and service, the lobster is a must haveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014All aspects of this dining experience were excellent. Wonderful view of Boston harbor, everything that was served was wonderful and the service was superb. Great selections on the menu also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedAlecAltoVIPDined on 5/20/2014The food and its presentation were great, but not enough to justify the huge prices. Ambiance and service didn't help either. I would recommend the Floor 1...... much better everything!
- Slow, not impressed with selectionmochakraDined on 5/18/2014Overall, I enjoyed dining at Legal Harborside Floor 2, but the whole time I found myself wishing I was on on the first floor because of the much broader menu choices. The fish (salmon and sablefish) along with a crab and calamari appetizer were all cooked absolutely perfectly. But it's one of those places where the serving size is so meager that the gigantic price tag just feels kind of deflating. View was great. Our server disappeared for quite a while, but it was a busy night I'm sure since it was graduation weekend. Probably won't go back but worth trying once especially if you're bored of the usual Legal Seafoods offerings.Special Features:
- nice nightGrouponVIPDined on 5/18/2014a friend told us to try Legal for dinner and I'm glad we did. The service is very good, the place was spotless and the food was very good. The only thing that up set me a little was $12.00 for a comso and they did not even fill the glass to the top.Special Features:
- poor entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2014Ordered the butter poached lobster and the striped bass. Both were covered in a strong salty froth that swamped the taste of the actual seafood and essentially ruined the meal. The service was very good, the appetizers (fennel seared tuna; calamari) excellent, the view great, but the entrees were inescapably bad. Have eaten at many Legal Seafoods, and will return to their more standard restaurants and menus again, but they do not seem to have figured out "fine dining" quite yet.
- Loved this experience!CharleneDined on 5/16/2014First time here, and we absolutely loved it. We came for our post-graduation dinner, and from start to finish, the service was friendly but not overbearing, the food was perfect, and we were given a table with access to a large window so we could see the amazing view as we'd requested. Our waiter was very helpful with menu questions/recommendations/adjustments, and also knew a lot of fun cultural facts and history about the fish/shellfish which made for wonderful side-stories! Additionally when we arrived there was a lovely hand-written note from Legal staff congratulating us on our graduation. It was extremely thoughtful and made us feel welcome and appreciated right off the bat. Will definitely be coming back for future special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three WorldsBookguiseDined on 5/15/2014Ate with some out of town guests. Enjoyed the three floors, three differentl vibes of Harborside.Special Features:
- Disappointed Business DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2014Brought business colleagues for business dinner of 6. Specifically requested quiet part of restaurant with good water review and request was not filled on basis that party was too large. Waited over an hour to be served and dinner, which we thought would not take more than 2 hours took more than 3 hours. Food was excellent, but service was pitiful.
- surprisedhappylunchDined on 5/11/2014We didn't expect the $65.00 fixed price 3 course menu on Mother's Day and I felt badly because I had suggested the restaurant and my son was the one who had to pay! I never have a first course and don't enjoy desserts. He had the tenderloin @ $10 extra and said it was excellent, I had the scallops which were very good but the special rice underneath was almost cold. Finally I couldn't cut through the bottom crust on the lemon tart. Otherwise the experience was lovely' It's a beautiful and quiet dining room with white tablecloths and sparkling glassware on tables widely spaced with wonderful views of the sun setting over the harbor. The service was excellent and we will certainly return, but not without checking the menu first!Special Features:
- Special occasionsCantabDined on 5/11/2014I'm a fan of Legal Seafood and have been for many years. If you're looking for a different menu than the usual and a great view of the harbor, try Legal Harborside 2nd floor. It's a bit expensive but you get what you pay for and if it's a special occasion its absolutely worth it.Special Features:
- Slow ServiceGoodFoodLoverDined on 5/11/2014Went there for mother's day. There was no heads up on the Prix Fix menu. In any case, it took forever for them to bring the food. Appetizers showed up in 45 minutes, then another 45 minutes for the food. 2 hours before we got out of there! Although, the service was friendly and the food quality and presentation was very good.Special Features:
- A view to die forMark426Dined on 5/9/2014For a beautiful view, a wraparound scene of the harbor, while dining on a specially designed version of the classic Legal menu, this is the destination. Ambience can't be beaten, great cocktails, and the food was exquisite. Then up to the roof deck bar after your meal for a perfect nightcap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/9/2014The oysters from their own beds were the best. The butter poached lobster in a ginger and carrot purée was a marvelous experience. Wine list excellent and reasonably priced. View outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/4/2014We were celebrating a birthday. We had noted this on our reservation. We got a birthday card signed by the hostess, restaurant manger and the chef. We were given a great table and everyone was so nice, service was excellent and the food delicious. The birthday dessert with a candle was perfect. We had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Great patio viewDmitryBVIPDined on 5/3/2014We sat on the patio and the view was gorgeous. Combined with an excellent food (as usual) and great service, it made our Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special occasionKazz1120Dined on 5/3/2014We had a party of 8 attending a 30th birthday dinner. One guest of honor was running late and they held our table which was great. The meal was great as it has been in the past and every one enjoyed the unique stylings of food. The only detractor was when i booked arrangement i mentioned the birthday and even the hostess knew and acknowledged it, but when the desert was delivered to our party the birthday girl did not get a happy birthday or a candle on hers. It would not have been as bad if they did not deliver a birthday dessert to the table beside us moments after. Making several at the table wonder why she did not get hers. I have dined there in the past and they never missed a beat on the birthdays celebrated. I would still go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and service2fromNevadaDined on 5/2/2014My husband and I arrived late, because of an airplane delay. We were seated with great courtesy, and the food was wonderful. Many thanks for making us feel so welcome after a long day of travel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary treatSpider49Dined on 5/2/2014We were visiting Boston before moving on to Cape Cod for our 30th wedding anniversary. We had read good things about this restaurant and it did not disappoint. We had a lovely harbour view for our dinner and the very nice waiter organised a dessert plate with happy anniversary written round the edge of the plate - nice touch. Would return if ever in Boston againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectDaveSDined on 4/29/2014Brought guests from Phoenix here to dinner. They were impressed. Food, service, wines, cocktails, view of Boston Harbor were just the best! This will be a night to remember for all of us.Special Features:
- Not "Fine Dining"DallasTravelerVIPDined on 4/25/2014Can't understand why a great franchise would put forth such a lackluster effort. First the positives: wonderful reception/hostess, interesting menu ideas. The bad: rude bartendar, inadequate bar area (even though not particularly crowded -- simply not enough tables to place your drink when the bar itself is full); wait staff (couldn't answer questions or commit to simple adjustments in the entrees-- really, you can't substitute vegetables?), clumsy (spilled dishes on me when clearing; although that could happen to anyone) and the food was mostly "meh". Cold bread (really, how hard is it to serve warm bread?). Not worth anywhere the price. Better eat downstairs with t"normal" Legal Sea Food menu or go to one of their other locations.