Legal Harborside – Floor 2 Dining Room
270 Northern Ave
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Legal Harborside – Floor 2 Dining Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.legalseafoods.com/restaurants/boston-legal-harborside-floor-2
- Phone: 6174772900x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday:
5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday:
5:30pm - 11:00pm
5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Public Transit: Silver Line Way (Silver Line)
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: With validation valet parking is available for $16 Monday-Friday from 7am-close and Saturday-Sunday from 11am-close. Or, with our validation, self-park at a $2/hr discount for up to 2 hours in the Park Lane Garage. The Massport parking lot at 301 Northern Avenue is available by Credit Card only starting at $4.00 for 0-1 hours, $8.00 for 1-2 hours, $14.00 for 2-3 hours, $18.00 for 3-4 hours, and $28.00 for 4+hours.
A word from Legal Harborside – Floor 2 Dining Room
The second floor dining room at Legal Harborside offers a focused menu of cuisine prepared with sensible creativity for celebratory eating and private dining events. Complementing the dinner menu is an aperitif cocktail list and a unique selection of artisan wines, each produced from a specific terroir representing some of the world’s most classic regions, from family-owned vineyards. Each of the vintages is unique to Legal Harborside within Massachusetts. The design of the restaurant takes full advantage of the harbor view and is reminiscent of a ship’s dining room, with a curved rosewood ceiling and glossy black columns inspired by the mast of a ship that anchor the space. A lounge off the grand spiral staircase and two oceanfront rooms, with recessing doors for privacy, are available for special events. An intimate patio with outdoor fireplace offers dining and drinks in-season. Named a “Best New Restaurant” by Esquire, 2011.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Legal Harborside – Floor 2 Dining Room - Best Restaurants in Seaport ›
Legal Harborside – Floor 2 Dining Room reviews from OpenTable diners
193 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (158)special occasion (129)romantic (87)fit for foodies (77)notable wine list (73)great for outdoor dining (68)hot spot (52)good for groups (38)vibrant bar scene (38)neighborhood gem (15)late-night find (13)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Waiter good, Management TerribleVeryDisappointedDined on 7/19/2014For a tab of $800 for 10, communications about menu items that ran out, and long wait for preparation of new garnishments for main courses was poor! Since this is a multi-floor restaurant, liquor stocks on 2nd floor were depleted, and wait for additional rounds of drinks took longer than 30 min each. Excuse was, bartender had to go upstairs to get liquor. The tab would have normally been much larger for this party of ten. We were only served two rounds of liquor for the entire evening. We were seated for over 2 hours before our meal came out, and we didn't leave the restaurant until after midnight. Management gave us free desert for the table to try to make up for the issues. This was not a problem of being too busy, many tables were empty.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Excellent food, atmosphere and service! I will do all of my business entertaining in your wonderful establishment whenever in Boston!Special Features:
- great service!!m4momDined on 7/12/2014I think it's really weird that this review has a minimum number of characters! Service was great. Food was great. View was great! Can't go wrong!Special Features:
- Oh what a night!!KnowmyfoodDined on 7/12/2014What else can you say about a restaurant that does everything so well? The staff from the front of the house to the table (fantastic harbor view) were friendly, helpful and professional. Dinner entrees were much more varied than any other seafood venue I've ever visited. I can't wait to head back there with a bunch of friends so they can get a taste of a great dining night out too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for our anniversary!keylimekidDined on 7/12/2014Legal Harborside is terrific because it has something for everyone: 1st floor for casual & kids dining; 2nd floor for quieter, more upscale dining; and rooftop deck for mingling and bar scene. The view of the harbor was amazing from all 3 floors. The staff made us feel special for our anniversary night and surprised us with a lovely complimentary dessert.Special Features:
- Not what expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2014My friend and I wanted to hit this place before our concert. We "thought" this patio was the casual patio and quickly found out it was not. Unfortunately, they were unable to accommodate a patio to the more casual patio. The menu for this location was very small....not a lot of choices. I will not be dining here again.Special Features:
- Good business dinnerBundrDined on 7/8/2014We had a dinner here with some new partners for our business. Overall it was great, but the noise level was a bit loud which made it a bit of a challenge. But the food and wine were fantastic.Special Features:
- Romantic Dinner!Cindy328VIPDined on 7/6/2014Wonderful service and delicious food! An expensive place with a limited menu, but we enjoyed it! Our server, Jack, was extremely professional and answered all our questions about the wine list - even gave us a few tastings to help us decide!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Legal Harborside - ExcellentJBinHPDined on 7/6/2014Special Occasion - birthday dinner. Requested window seating - we had a great view of harbor. The servers were attentive and not intrusive. He answered all questions about the dinner offerings and made good suggestions when requested. Drinks were well done.... Meals were perfect. We requested minor changes for dietary needs, they were done flawlessly. At the end of dinner, server realized it was a birthday celebration, so kitchen put together a small complimentary Happy Birthday dessert plate. :)Special Features:
- Portions too largemellenVIPDined on 7/5/2014We went after attending Cirque du Soleil. It was a perfect summer evening and we were seated outside on the terrace - a lovely way to spend a warm summer evening. The service was excellent: friendly, attentive, knowledgeable. The food was just ok: the portions were enormous and there was just too much going on in each dish. I had the grilled octopus to start: there must have half a pound of octopus! My husband had the spring pea soup with scallops which would have been good on its own, but there were two huge pieces of pork belly which overwhelmed both the pea soup and the scallops. The mains were similarly over the top: too many ingredients competing and way too much food. It's a great location, food needs fine tuning!Special Features:
- Beautiful view....SEfoodieVIPDined on 7/5/2014The fish was fresh (as you would expect at Legal), the service satisfactory, and the view amazing, but the overall experience left us feeling rather "meh". There are more exceptional dining spots in Boston in this $40+ entree category. You are paying a premium for the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive...RobertoDined on 7/3/2014The oysters were excellent but the fish was average and the portions too small. The sides were very good however, and the service and wine were top notch. However, the entrees were just not excellent enough to justify the staggering pricetag at this upscale iteration of Legal Seafoods.Special Features:
- outdoorsjackVIPDined on 7/2/2014We sat outdoors on a hot night and it was great. The food was great. There were 4 of us and it took 3 hours to serve but we were in no rush. Problems with the valet. Don't park there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality diningDigDineDined on 6/30/2014A thoroughly enjoyable dining experience. Great service coupled with excellent food and ambiance. Ate on the deck outside with a very nice view of the harbor on a warm, quiet evening. Food quality was superior (as always at Legal), though a bit expensive. Seems like the flagship for the chain with a slightly different menu. Would recommend for a nice evening out.Special Features:
- Pricey, but you won't regret itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2014It is a classy restaurant that comes with a classy price; but, when you see the owner walking around making sure everything is done right, you know you are in good hands. This restaurant was featured in a show, I was impressed by how they operate, and seeing it in person tells me they weren't making things up. The Clam Chowder may not make it on their menu, but it is likely that it is available, and saying "it is good" is an extreme understatement. I noted in my booking that it is my wife's birthday, and they paid attention to that note, and from the get go, they wished my wife a "Happy Birthday", and artfully prepared her dessert. I was so happy that my wife was impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014This is a beautiful setting for a restaurant. The entrees were a bit odd - my food was not hot. Service was slow and somewhat snooty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who new?MarkfromBostonDined on 6/28/2014Great atmosphere and fantastic service. The food was perfect and the view is great. This is not the Legal that you think it is. It's a great addition to the Boston restaurant scene.Special Features:
- Avoid.RonaldoVIPDined on 6/28/2014We found the experience at the second floor of Legal Harborside to be humiliating and embarrassing. My friend and dining companion, in her late 20s, is very young-looking but clearly an adult. She was challenged to produce a photo ID before she would be served a glass of wine, something that had never happened in any other restaurant in Boston. She did not have her purse with her, since we were going to a show nearby afterwards, but had an image of her driver's license stored on her iPhone. They would not accept this and said the physical document had to be produced. As I left, I told the officious manager on duty that we were sorry to have troubled them and that this wouldn't happen again--since we had no intention of ever returning.
- HuskyVIPDined on 6/26/2014Great evening and Katie our server was great Menu choices and food quality were outstanding and we will visit again in near futureSpecial Features:
- Legal does it again!RobTNHVIPDined on 6/26/2014This was our first visit to Legal Harborside and it certainly won't be our last! We ate on the second level and it was lovely. We ate outdoors, overlooking the harbor on a nice cool Boston night. Could not have been nicer. The quality of the food was great with a more imaginative menu than at other Legals. Also, very nice wine list.Special Features:
- JackVIPDined on 6/25/2014For a chain, this was great. Wonderful food, excellent service, and a great view. I will go there the next time I'm in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- upscale Legal SeafoodLuv2DineDined on 6/25/2014Not the usual Legal Seafood menu. Same great fish, but the dishes are creative, interesting combinations of flavors and textures. Definitely upscale; if you want great fish in a pleasant atmosphere, go here. While it is "upscale", it doesn't mean you have to be super-dressed up, but you could do so if you choose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- btechnoDined on 6/21/2014Pretty standard, but quality seafood I've come to expect in Boston. The service and ambiance are the reasons I would return - great harbor views for dinner, attentive service, and the option to enjoy drinks on the 3rd floor roof deck before or after dinner. The only drawbacks were noise (the base from amphitheater next door carried over a bit but wasn't a huge deal) and crowds (there was a massive line to get up to the 3rd floor, but luckily a manager was nice enough to walk us up after dinner). As a side note, I was slightly disappointed with the roof deck. The views and layout are great, but its sort of "wanna be clubby" atmosphere ruined it a bit for me (granted this was around 10pm). Overall it was a good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/18/2014Very, very, expensive. Menu very creative, but if you're expecting your usual Legal favorites - could be challenging. This is an expense account, very special occasion, place with a magnificent view and environment.Special Features:
- Not impressedmeanieDined on 6/18/2014Limited menu, small portions, over priced, I and friends were not impressed. I like the regular Legal better. I will continue to go to the "regular" Legal but not to this "Harborside" Legal. Also not impressed with the "wine" list, although I did enjoy the pinot noir (Willemette Valley) that I ordered. Limited "by the glass" wine. Special salad w/ goat cheese, walnuts and mandarin slices had two walnuts, could not see goat cheese and don't remember the mandarin slices. Calamari was good but of course a "small" serving. Gone...Special Features:
- Rachel MarkovRachel27Dined on 6/17/2014The food was fabulous , service was friendly and prompt, and the view from the window was spectacular . We will come back.Special Features:
- Not your typical LegalAverageDined on 6/17/2014Very disappointing. I arrived early and went to the bar and waited 10+ minutes to get a glass of wine from a miserable bartender. The two men were so slow and looked so unhappy, it was painful. Then I went to go to my table….I made a reservation 6 weeks ahead of time requesting a table outside but they told me that they don't confirm outside tables. It would have been nice if someone emailed me after I made the reservation to let me know that. The food was great, as it always is, but it's ridiculously expensive at this Legal. $20 for a shrimp cocktail, absurd. I will never return to this Legal, I'll stick to the one in Framingham.Special Features:
- Excellent Legal outpost on waterOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/17/2014The second floor restaurant has a sweeping view of the harbor and a short, but creative menu. I had the striped sea bass and it was one of the best plates I have ever had at a Legal's (foam, perfectly seasoned, hot, fresh, delicious). Large, comfortable banquets and tables. Value priced entrees. I also ordered the bluefish pate, which hasn't been on the menu for over ten years, and they made it! Overall, one of the best meals I've had in a long time. Glad that Legal's is delivering high-quality dining on the Seaport.Special Features:
- Good but overpriced.SavieDined on 6/15/2014Great view. We sat outside, but the dining room was also nice and looked comfortable. Very friendly staff and good service. The food was good, but all in our party agreed that it was overpriced for what it is. The grilled octopus appetizer was very good. The calamari were average, and it's a fairly small portion. The fluke with a five spice consomme and tea-smoked duck dumpling was lovely. The abalone over lemon risotto was very good too. Found it odd that there are not more salad options -- just 1 "seasonal green salad."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food with a ViewHopkintonFoodyDined on 6/15/2014Overlooking Boston Harbor, Legal Harborside's 2nd Floor is a cut above for the waterfront. Great water views, unique menu (menu is different than "standard" Legals) prepared wonderfully, solid service. Been multiple times and never disappointed. They even carry Oxley Gin !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experienceoneilk4Dined on 6/15/2014The location and views are beautiful. However, for an extremely expensive meal (more than $300 for two adults and one child) we were very disappointed in the service (we waited 20 minutes for our cocktails and 20 minutes for luke-warm coffee at the end of the meal) and especially the quality of the food which was fair at best. I would definitely not go back.Special Features:
- First rate, except for the food!BillDined on 6/15/2014Lovely views; excellent service; pleasant ambience ! Even the bread served was tasty and unusual. Everything was as it should be in a top class establishment, except the food, especially the lobster, the most expensive item on the menu. Two in our party had lobster: We agreed that had we been blindfolded, neither of us would have had any idea what we were eating……. perhaps moist cardboard.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 6/15/2014Surprised that this place was in a good spot, has a good reputation but the food was mediocre. Entrees range from $26-50. Given the location, I was expecting a lot more. Menu was limited and expensive and only had a few seafood dishes. Who prepared the menu and who was in the kitchen that day? The food was not memorable. It was a disappointment. Never again.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperiencejniceDined on 6/14/2014Wanted to enjoy a special evening out and I definately received that.. Great job by the staff both behind and infront of the scenes. Thank you for all you have done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedBadWolf617Dined on 6/14/2014This was our first time at their "Flagship" restaurant, The downstairs was loud and touristy and we were glad we were upstairs. We were promptly seated at a table with a great view, but it took 10 minutes before our waiter arrived. He seemed disinterested and never gave us any specials or highlights on the menu. The restrooms were out of order, we were told to use the upstairs roof deck bar, those bathrooms were horrible, urine smelling with beer glasses all over, very unkempt. The Apps arrived quickly, but then it took 40 minutes for our entrees to arrive and never once did the waiter come over to us. The food was Fantastic and quite delicious, although 2 bones were in the Salmon. Service was the major fail here, especially for the priceSpecial Features:
- My third timeBostonBulldogDined on 6/11/2014Only twice in the new location. Very, very expensive and food was good. Not very, very good. Service and wine list are exceptional.Special Features:
- Busy night, just averageOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/7/2014We waited 20 minutes for our table & ended up sitting at a bar table. We had awesome views of the harbor, but it was too loud and there was a crowd of people gathering around the table - our fault for choosing not to wait longer for our dining room table. But it was almost 9:00 and we were hungry! I got the halibut. I LOVE halibut but didn't care for the way they served it over a giant slab of bacon an inch thick. I'm not sure what I was expecting and it was my fault for not asking questions about the entree. My husband got the abalone which was tough and kind of rubbery. Maybe we just ordered the wrong things but the menu was relatively small. The servers were very harried and it was just overall not the relaxed delicious meal we wanted.Special Features:
- Amazing!!HappyDinerDined on 6/7/2014We were celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary and it couldn't have been more perfect. The food was outstanding, our table right on the water was breathtaking and the manager/staff were accommodating and attentive. We would HIGHLY recommend this restaurant and will definitely be going back! A++++Special Features:
- Beautiful view great foodAliandDined on 6/7/2014We had an amazing experience at Legal Harborside. The fish was excellent and our server was vey helpful. Beautiful spot for a restaurant and the view of the harbor was perfect to look at while we dined.Special Features:
- graduation dinnerbostonmom53Dined on 6/6/2014Our graduation dinner was excellent in terms of the scenic view and the service. The food ranged from excellent to mediocre. The appetizers were definitely better than the entrees listed on the menu which is limited. The waitress made a great recommendation for the bone in swordfish steak which was not on the menu.Special Features: