Greenbriar Inn, The
8735 N. Foothills Hwy
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Greenbriar Inn, The
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.greenbriarinn.com/
- Phone: 3034407979
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm; Bar & Patio Menu Tuesday - Sunday 5pm to close; Happy Hour Tuesday - Sunday 5pm-7pm; Champagne Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Matt Ochs
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have several private dining rooms as well as two outdoor garden patios and can accommodate weddings, business functions, and events from 10 to 300.
- Private Party Contact: Emma Goddard 3034407979
A word from Greenbriar Inn, The
Opened in 1967, The Greenbriar Inn is an elegant restaurant, tavern and private event space located in the north Boulder countryside and nestled at the foot of the Rocky Mountains. The surrounding 20 acres features two ponds, striking woodland, and thriving vegetable, fruit, and flower gardens. The cuisine focuses on seasonal, American classics and is complimented by a 1200 label award-winning wine cellar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Greenbriar Inn, The - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Greenbriar Inn, The reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)romantic (57)notable wine list (44)great for outdoor dining (40)fit for foodies (38)great for brunch (36)scenic view (28)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (16)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great food, servce, and atmosphereMarkNDined on 3/8/2014We all enjoyed the 3 courses for $30.00 special. Several options to choose from. We all chose the filet mignon which was cooked just right and delicious. Appetizers and dessert very also great. Excellent service and atmosphere as well. We plan to return for the Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Arctic CharmathmomDined on 3/7/2014The Arctic Char was simply amazing here -- definitely five stars for this entree, as well as for the Portobello Soup and desserts. We really weren't as impressed with the Crab Risotto, but overall our experience here was great. It's a beautiful restaurant and would be a fantastic setting for a wedding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All was good except for wines.BillDined on 3/6/2014All was good except for wines. Way overpriced and the chard we had was not acceptable. The response to our comments on the white wine was a general "Ho Hum."Special Features:
- 60th BirthdaychuckeDined on 2/28/2014I drive by the restaurant every day on my way to work from Lyons and the place always looked interesting. The inside was a surprise. I was expecting something a little more rustic. The menu offered a great selection. The cheese plate appetizer was unique and really hit the spot with me. The pork chops were exceptional. Number one or two in my 66 years of dinning. I will be back and will be sure to bring any special visitors when they are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedJanetDined on 2/28/2014Consistently great service, food, ambiance and wine....Special place to pause and enjoy...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails!PSmurfVIPDined on 2/27/2014Located just a few miles north of Boulder proper, it is well worth the extra minutes of driving. A picturesque inn every season of the year. The food and service is always as good as it gets--and beyond. Remarkable wine list. This visit was during Denver Restaurant Week, so there was more of a crowd than usual, but the service did not suffer. The special $30/person three-course selections were excellent--no corners cut. Whatever the prices we will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous view and great servicekatchan22Dined on 2/27/2014The Greenbriar is a wonderful place to celebrate that special day. The service is the best I have experienced. Having gone during restaurant week it was significantly crowded. The food was great but it is the atmosphere that will inspirebreturn visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingSushiLoverVIPDined on 2/26/2014Having previously enjoyed a wonderful prix fix meal at the Greenbrier in November, I assumed this experience would be the same. Something was off the night we went. The restaurant was busy but not full. It took over 40 minutes for our appetizers to come out. I had to tell the manager since the wait person just kept telling us that the food would be on its way shortly. The entrees came out faster, thankfully -- but it still took over 2 hours to have 3 courses. That's unusual for this restaurant.Special Features:
- Not as good as usualkbugDined on 2/25/2014We love The Greenbriar Inn and are willing to drive over 40 miles each way in the snow as we did last week to get there. However, the food wasn't quite as good as usual on our last visit. I ordered Atlantic char, which was perfectly cooked, but was on a bed of white bean stew. The beans were undercooked, almost like they had not been pre-soaked. Several in our party of 8 ordered the crème brulee, which is usually one of our favorites. However, it was served cold, not the usual freshly carmalized warm and yummy. We have celebrated special occasions there and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for Denver restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/25/2014Went for Denver restaurant week, not as good as The First Bite event. Quanity and quality less. With the price increase, should have been comparable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boulder restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/23/2014The GB did an excellent job for Boulder Restaurant Week. The filet was a good portion and perfectly cooked. The chocolate cheesecake was superb. It was all presented with dignity. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemMokifoodDined on 2/22/2014We have been going here since 1975 and it only gets better. Great food, service and wine list. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2014The Greenbrier never fails to please and our recent visit was no exception. We visited during Denver Restaurant Week and were very pleased with the variety of choices on the menu. It was a difficult decision as to what to order, however; I settled on the filet and it was delicious! The "Hops and Heifers three ways" appetizer was out of this world and the pear gallette for dessert was fabulous. The service was perfect, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite DiningKonaDined on 2/22/2014What a fantastic experience once again. The food was fantastic along with ambience and the staff. Our family loves to dine at the Greenbriar whether it is Restaurant week or a special occassion. Can't wait to go back again. The lights outside adds a very romantic affect. The owner Phil always goes out of his way to accomodate everyone. My kids and their girlfriends said this is their favorite place to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place is quite a waysTazzVIPDined on 2/22/2014The place is quite a ways up there! The Inn is very elegant. Wine was a Tuscan red per server recommendation and it was excellent. Soup was portabella mushroom and was also a hit! Loved it. They served a couple types of bread with a plain butter and a basil butter; both were very good. For dinner, I had a Filet w/ potatoes, a whipped parsnip and an extra side of brussel sprouts. The filet came out too rare but was easily fixed when butterflied. The potatoes were OK. The purple potatoes were overdone though. brussel sprouts were very good. Dessert was a Black Forest Chocolate Cheesecake which was choc and not enough cherry flavor but overall was pretty nice. Loved the service and ambiance & Dinner was Very Good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another wonderful eveningswoopDined on 2/22/2014We love the Greenbriar, go there a couple of times a year, and once again we had a fabulous dinner. This time it was part of restaurant week, and the 3 course dinner for $30/person was an outstanding value. The food is exceptional , the service very attentive without going overboard, and whole experience was great.Special Features:
- Open Table dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014We like the ambiance of the Greenbriar but I was very disappointed in my entree - eggplant parmesan. It was huge potato chunks of eggplant with no flavor. The waiter did offer to bring us a new entree but since I had eaten a small portion of the entree did not want another whole meal. My husband had the steak which he said was excellent but I do not think it is appropriate to add a $5.00 surcharge for such a small piece of meat (5 oz.). Also, the wine list prices were inaccurate as they had raised the price on the wine we ordered and would not honor the price listed in their wine list. Dessert and appetizer were good but we will not be returning during the next Restaurant week.
- Experience not worth.the $45 pkgOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/21/2014Nothing special really to bring us back here..food was average for the price, service was just ok even with caesar table side. In comparison of other restaraunts of this kind it was generic really.
- Late Valentines DayGWF1Dined on 2/19/2014Due to an illness, my wife and I had to postpone our usual Valentines Day Celebration until the 19th. It worked out well and we may do this every year. The personal service was just great. The online reservation worked well and allowed us to be assured of a reservation that was quick to make and quick to get a confirmation. I had never used this before but will use it in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Disappointing Service.PatientDined on 2/15/2014The evening started out with the hostes have computer issues and making us stand in the lobby for 10 mins while she fixed her inability to run the computer. We then were seated on the enclosed patio (which was very nice). The person that came over and filled the water glasses filled one glass and then ran out of water, never to return. About 10 minutes later, our waiter wondered by and said he would be right over after he mixed another tables ceaser salad. That took another 10 minutes, he apologized for the wait and took our drink order. Upon his return he had brought us the wrong drink order and Took another 10 mins to rectify. Our on trays were so late the brought us a complementary Cheese tray to hold us over. Long night, food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but overpriced for service..AmandaDined on 2/14/2014The food was very good, but the service was not good and we felt that it was overpriced for the service we received. We will probably not come back because of the service, even if the food was good!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Not a good experience. Very slow service, and food had to be returned for being undercooked only to be returned in the same state. We will never dine there again.
- Our dining at the GreenbriarOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Our dining at the Greenbriar over the years has always been special. We go on occassions for special meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe the waiter had a bad day?unhappydinerDined on 2/14/2014Service was not up to par with the food quality. Our waiter looked like a high school student who had not been trained to represent the restaurant well. There are many restaurants with much nicer wait staff that are more convenient to get to in the Boulder area.
- Our favorite "Speical Night Out"JudyDined on 2/14/2014We frequent Greenbriar for all of our Special Occasions and have been for at least five to six years. The staff is always well versed on the menu and the perfect wine pairings. The food is fabulous. We have never been disappointed with the food or the service that's why we return there every special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinnerWolfgangDined on 2/8/2014I'm in a wheelchair and every time we eat here they're ready for me with a table set aside with a chair removed. They're very attentive. We love the food, the atmosphere, and the fact that you can carry on a conversation without yelling. Their wine list is extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/31/2014My husband and I enjoyed the Greenbriar Inn for the second time in our 38 years of marriage. First time was the evening we were married. The service was wonderful as was our waiter Adam. The food was well proportioned with wonderful flavors. Hats off to all the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waning traditionBruceVIPDined on 1/24/2014Outstanding evening for intimate dinner with my spouse until a family was placed next to us even though the dining room was virtually empty. Arghhh- if you want a 5-star rating you need to figure this out because you are a wonderful venue. We were disappointed at the lack of judgement of staff. Also the room was too hot. Although it was excellent, I only got six bites of lobster tail for $28. Pleasantly, surprised with three types of steak choices. Music and sound system outstanding. Food presented beautifully. It was wonderful and took my mind off of the coughing 12 year old boy sitting an arm's length from my left shoulder.. :-( Suggestion - how about a vegetarian option to the creamy duck/beef liver spread before serving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very specialHvandDined on 1/23/2014Excellent meal and lovely atmosphere. A place where you just want to take your time and enjoy the experience. Interesting hot/cold sensations in some of the dishes as well as tiny tangy bites to tease the palate. I wish there was an inn built in so I could just go there there to continue to take in the beauty and quiet around. Each of our group will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/19/2014Hard to find a better restaurant in the Boulder area. Excellence in all categorizes. Service is impeccable as is the food, quality, preparation and presentation. Can't think of any reason not to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionFredDined on 1/10/2014Love this restaurant for special occasions. Love to try new foodsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointmentCelebrationDined on 1/10/2014We have been coming for 6 years with friends to celebrate the New Year. This one wasn't the best. 2 dinners were good and 2 weren't so great. I had the buffalo short ribs and they were completely tasteless. The service was extremely slow and even though they advertised happy hour until 7 we arrived at 6:30 and had to wait a 1/2 hour before we were approached for drinks and did not get any reduction for the drinks. We love this restaurant and hope that it was just a one off as we will be try again next January.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYE Prix FixePlaneCrazyVIPDined on 12/31/2013We were looking for someplace we haven't been for a special NYE dinner, and so we decided to make it to the Greenbriar. Its rare-for-Colorado elegant (vs hip/chic) fine dining. Its been a while since I've had a meal served on chargers! The food was good, but on the whole, not a standout. The crab bisque and souffle were above average. Conversely, the amuse (which I was a little surprised to see counted as a "course") was below average. The kitchen did a good job with plating. Portions were perfect for a six-course dinner. I left full, but not totally stuffed. Service, while polite and polished, was below expectations (though it was NYE). It was slow, but more importantly lacked attention to detail, almost amusingly so.Special Features:
- Always a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2013Always a wonderful experience with friendly, professional staff and fantastic food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for a great New Years EvefoodieDined on 12/31/2013We were really glad we made reservations for New Years Eve! We had a 5:45 reserv., it was perfect! The hostess was able to give us our seat request with no hesitation. Our waiter was great (wish we had gotten his name so we could tell the mangt. how professionel he was). We never felt rushed - we were just able to relax and enjoy our fantastic meal! The food was incredible - I had some diet restrictions (everything for me now has to be well done (Chemo.)) and the wonderful Chef had no problem with my requests. We are looking forward to spending next New Years Eve @ the Greenbrier Inn! Actually, we plan to return soon bringing guests with us so they too can enjoy this great dinning experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarybrunchloverDined on 12/29/2013We have been going to Green Briar for special occasions for over 30 years. Every visit is as great or better than the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome anniversaryannivesarymichaelDined on 12/28/2013My wife and I celebrated our 23rd anniversary and Dana, at the Greenbriar Inn, made it very special and enjoyable! Will go back and will recommend to all our friends.Special Features:
- What a Magical PlaceSusanSDined on 12/28/2013My boyfriend and I had a wonderful evening recently at the Greenbriar Inn. From the moment we walked in, we were greeted like old friends, and the manager as well as our waiter were both so welcoming and personal. It was lovely. We chose from both the standard menu and the special entrees and were not disappointed. The appetizers and main courses we picked were wonderful. All in all, a perfect evening. Thank you!Special Features:
- Greenbriar Inn, a great place.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/24/2013We have visited the Greenbriar Inn several for either a holiday meal or a special occasion. We have enjoyed every visit immensely. The food is excellent and well presented. The service is superb. The atmosphere is warm, friendly, and not pretentious. The Greenbriar Inn is comfortable and relaxed. We recommend it highly.Special Features:
- christmas eve not the best choicechinacatDined on 12/24/2013I have been wanting to go to this restaurant for ages and booked for Christmas eve. The food was incredible as expected. There were entirely too many tables for each server. They tried their best to keep up but our server was obviously stressed which diminished our dining experience. The noise level coming from the table of eleven behind us was another detraction. I'll probably go back for another try but not on a holiday again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.