Nick and Johnnie's
207 Royal Poinciana Way
Palm Beach, FL 33480Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Nick and Johnnie's
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nickandjohnniespb.com/
- Phone: 5616553319
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday- Saturday 8:00am - 11:00am; Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: John Kent Thurston
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are happy to accommodate parties of all sizes and we have a wide variety of menu options.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private garden room which can accommodates up to 125 people.
- Entertainment: We offer live music every week. Please call for band listings
A word from Nick and Johnnie's
Nick & Johnnie"s is a fresh and friendly family restaurant. We offer a live entertainment venue in palm Beach. Our American coastal cuisine is unlike any other restaurant in the area and we pride ourselves on innovation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Nick and Johnnie's - Best Restaurants in Palm Beach ›
Nick and Johnnie's reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (12)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (8)romantic (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (5)good for groups (4)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Christmas dayEli54Dined on 12/25/2013What a spectacular find to be open on Christmas Day. We eat here several times a year and love the outdoor dinning on the main drag in palm beach. Great site seeing and people watching. Too find it opened on Christmas Day was a bonus. The place was crowded and lightly staffed due to the holiday but I won't hold it against them. We love this place and the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Anniversary NightLorenDined on 12/14/2013They did a fantastic job making us feel special and recognizing our 12 year Wedding anniversary. The food was terrific and our service was perfect. The provided us with compliemtary desserts to celebrate our special evening. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything about our experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/2/2013Everything about our experience was positive. Except the last time we ate @ Nick & Johnnie's we had some of the largest and freshest Oysters, we've ever eaten. This time they were not very impressive. However, the service was great and our request for the table we enjoy in the bar was met. Although we had a disappointment with the Oysters, the rest of our meal was perfect! Our server was attentive.......and always with a large smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return FavoriteLuv2eatDined on 11/10/2013Always stop in at Nick & Johnny's when in town. Food is always great as well as atmosphere. Little pricey for what you get sometimes but it is Palm Beach, so if you were expecting a bargain, forget it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful night outMarleneDined on 11/9/2013The weather was beautiful so we chose a table outside - couldn't have had a nicer ambience. The restaurant fully decorated the outside eating area so you actually felt like you were "inside". Great quesadilla's! Scallops were awesome (though a tad pricey).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice TouchChuckDined on 10/17/2013We went for my wife"s birthday. The managment and staff discretely went out of their way to make our experience a little extra special. Our server was knowledgeable about the menu and wine choices, attentive without being intrusive. Portion sizes were generous. Everyone at my table enjoyed what they ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentPbgoogleguyVIPDined on 10/14/2013The food is always consistent and They do a great job of turning out quality food. The service is not always consistent. It can be slow and tedious. Sitting up front on the patio is best but it can be incredibly noisy since Royal Poinciana is a busy street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for us but okDAPTDined on 10/11/2013We found out the reservations we set was for 30 mins. before the restaurant open when I call to say we may be a few minutes late. We were the only table who did not receive bread service. I met the first Sangria I didn't like and I thought the food was a little over priced for what you are getting. I did enjoy my half a sandwich (turkey), soup (corn chowder) and chips. My significant other had 3 tacos which he enjoyed. Besides the fact that I spent my lunch looking at my servers nipples because her shirt was unbutton way too far down, she was nice and very attentive to her regular customers. Unfortunately it's not just about the food for us. Service and experience are as much part of tasting food as actually tasting it!
- Love the Healthy Bowls!MorganReviewsVIPDined on 9/29/2013We had dinner on the porch outside and the noise from the bar inside was still rather loud. Service was slow (I think they were understaffed the night we were there), but the bartender was very friendly and served most of our meal (actually when the person who was our official server came to our table we weren't sure who she was). Food was very good, and we will be back again. Love the different bowls and the ability to choose protein to go with them.Special Features:
- service is keypeterDined on 9/26/2013Good food and a nice setting is always important, but excellent service is a must for me and this place has it. Thanks!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ceviche was a perfectdiners2Dined on 9/19/2013The ceviche was a perfect start to a lovely and delicious evening. Scallops were perfectly cooked, fish and vegetables were also perfect. Rombauer Chardonnay was a perfect match, and the server allowed us all the time we wanted, but checked on us often to ensure that we needed nothing. Excellent evening!Special Features:
- Atmosphere disappointingUnhappyVIPDined on 8/28/2013The food was good, but restaurant area behind bar was empty of people and not very cheery. Perhaps dinning on the patio (if there were no mosquitoes) would be more pleasant.
- Dogs,cigars,and bad languageVerynice123VIPDined on 8/21/2013If you like eating around all of the above, this may be the place for you. The best thing about this place was our waiter. That's it. Rude patrons with dogs and middle aged men looking to smoke cigars and drink while using bad language around my kids. I have to blame the four seasons for sending us to this below par place.
- We wanted something good andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2013We wanted something good and local and not too pricey and we got it. Good was great, excellent service, and during season, it would probably be a lot more fun. There was nothing happening on the street which we know during season is a well known hot spot. We would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreakfastLeahVIPDined on 8/4/2013Best breakfast in Palm Beach! So many amazing and interesting items to pick from.Special Features:
- A wonderful eveningRainerDined on 7/20/2013We have been in this Restaurant with the Family for a saturday evening Dinner . It was Nice to sit there outside with a very Good Diner which was Not to expensive for the Quality . Next Time in Palm beach we will be there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They can do better...TheOwnerVIPDined on 7/14/2013The place was great with a very nice breakfast and brunch menu. The service was pretty good with respect to the servers. I am surprised that the food took forever to come out. This was an unnatural amount of time for breakfast type food. When did finally arrive, it was good but wow did it take forever. I was surprised that they did not offer free refills on the OJ as a gesture because the food took so long. I guess folks just put up with it. We will go back but maybe a little closer to lunch when their folks in the kitchen are good and awake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm Beach MainstayJeffmbigsVIPDined on 7/7/2013Great place for the local crowd to relax, throw an event etc. Casual with good food.Special Features:
- Great Food and Service! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2013Great Food and Service! The Veggie Burger made with Kale is delicious and so healthy! We had very special evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GOOD TIMEDIADORA4Dined on 6/22/2013Nick and Johnnie's is a good seafood restaurant. It is busy and there is minimal inside seating. I thought the service was fair not outstanding. The waitress was not very consistent in answering questions about the menu and drinks. I thought the seafood was good but nothing outstanding as far as a house special. I would rate them with a restaurant like Bone Fish. I am a well traveled person that enjoys all varieties of food and atmospheres. Nick and Johnnie's is a good place to get fresh seafood in the Palm Beach area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2013Nick and Johnnie's is a really nice spot on Palm Beach Island. You can get a pretty decent meal and the people watching is fun. A mix of Palm Beach elite and others of the not-so-elite crowd co-mingling. Their crispy tuna tacos are delicious and their burgers are pretty tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rainy NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2013It was extremly humid at 6:30PM. Lots of tables outside that looked more comfortable then our high top inside. We had reservations however the few tables inside were mostly for four people. The only table for two was very small so we sat at a high top. I would good back but only on a night less humid and less rainy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place for lunch in palmbeachRoyalairforce25VIPDined on 5/5/2013nice place for lunch in palmbeach but nothing stands out. lobster roll was tasty ,salad with shrimp and advocado was bland. seve person was pleasant but nothing special. godd overall but nothing stand out othet than cute interior decor
- Always goodEricl123Dined on 5/1/2013I live local to N&J's so I'm their often. The food and service is always good. Everyone should try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When a reservation is made4tofuDined on 4/28/2013When a reservation is made for a specific time that reservation should be honored within 5 minutes of its specific time and not be told that the patrons have dined longer than expected, poor management. The food was above average but not as special as many catering to that demographic. The service was good but the food server was not made aware of which entree should go be served to each diner. The restaurant was noisy. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience but not one to revisit reguarly.Special Features:
- Three friends met for lunch.BaronessaVIPDined on 4/26/2013Three friends met for lunch. Nicoise salad was very good with ahi tuna. Large salad selection. Lovely ambiance in back garden.Special Features:
- We were a party of eight andJBEEDined on 4/25/2013We were a party of eight and were easily accommodated. We dined outdoors and it was delightful. Menu was eclectic but everything was good.Special Features:
- Great outdoor space. FoodEatOutVIPDined on 3/30/2013Great outdoor space. Food lags behind others nearby. Great beignets.Special Features:
- Ok food - bad service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/25/2013The food is ok the service is not. Our water glasses were never filled unless we asked. Everyone is friendly but there doesn't seem enough people to handle a not even full dining room. It's sad as the location is fantastic!
- Nice place, will not return thoughOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2013Our waiter, Kyle, was great. Although this restaurant was not our cup of tea, service was good and the food was ok. Better for families but the high prices don't match with the food delivered.
- A very good choice especiallyEatOutVIPDined on 3/24/2013A very good choice especially for outdoor dining. Beignets for dessert are a highlight. Food is good but not as good as some of its neighbors and service can be a bit inattentive.Special Features:
- Outstanding service. EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/23/2013Outstanding service. Everything was fantastic. Found this restaurant by happenstance on Open Table. The quinoa cakes with three huge shrimp was outstanding. Had some blood orange sorbet for dessert. Perfect ending for a great meal.Special Features:
- Everything was good for theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2013Everything was good for the most part. The panko snapper was dry and the banana bread pudding was small and below average. However; The lobster jambalaya was terrific. Also the tuna tacos and oysters on the half shell were awesome.Special Features:
- Fabulous fried oysters andOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/16/2013Fabulous fried oysters and eclectic menu to choose from If you want a good bar scene then Saturday night is fine but I would only go back on a quieter week night. Service was spotty- though they tried they wee just too busy.
- We made a reservation butShowstopperVIPDined on 2/16/2013We made a reservation but had to wait over 20 minutes for a table. It was very loud and no place to wait other than the bar. I was with my 80+ year old parents which is why we went at 645. Service was very slow but the barbecue special was very good. They live in PB so I am sure they will go often during the off season....
- Had enjoyed the previous restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/15/2013Had enjoyed the previous restaurant at this location and was pleasantly surprised with Nick and Johnnie's
- Fantastic food, excellentLarryDined on 2/14/2013Fantastic food, excellent service, beautiful atmosphere.Special Features:
- This is the old Chuck & HaroldscharleysDined on 2/14/2013This is the old Chuck & Harolds location, very eclectic menu.I am not a dessert person but theirs were outstandingSpecial Features:
- Nice restaurant with poor serviceDickDined on 2/2/2013The food was good but not exceptional. Service was very slow. Even with a lunch reservation requesting sidewalk seating, we had to wait for 15 minutes and then opted to eat inside. Waiter then did not show up for another 10 minutes and food was not served for another 20 minutes.
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/30/2013The food and service were excellent as was the house Cabernet.Special Features: