Pacifica Del Mar
1555 Camino del Mar
Del Mar, CA 92014Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Pacifica Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pacificadelmar.com/
- Phone: 8587920476x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-2:30pm, Saturday-Sunday 11:00am-4:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Friday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Saturday-Sunday 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Mark Bolton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Pacifica Del Mar is able to bring its award winning cuisine to you. We can create a special menu for you and your guests.
A word from Pacifica Del Mar
Awarded the California Restaurant Association's prestigious Gold Medallion for "Best Seafood Dining in San Diego," and Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, Pacifica Del Mar is one of San Diego's most popular Costal Ocean View Restaurants. Casual dining on the deck features breathtaking sunsets and creative costal cuisine with mouthwatering selections of fresh seafood, steak, and pasta. Inside, the art adorned feng shui setting also offers relaxed ocean view dining. Pacifica Del Mar has become the dining experience of choice, celebrated year round for it’s warmth, hospitality, service, and unforgettable ocean view dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pacifica Del Mar - Best Restaurants in Del Mar ›
Pacifica Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (177)great for outdoor dining (167)special occasion (98)romantic (86)fit for foodies (74)neighborhood gem (62)vibrant bar scene (52)notable wine list (51)great for lunch (47)good for groups (31)great for brunch (26)hot spot (25)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Pacifica del MarDominique55Dined on 5/22/2014We were seated outside with a great ocean view, but right in front of us on the roof were raggedy weedy plants in containers that hadn't been watered in ages - not appealing. Food was fair; kind of a weird menu as far as combining items that didn't seem to go together. Both my husband and I love seafood, but both ended up ordering other items because of the weird combination of accompaniments with seafood which were unappealing. We won't go there again for dinner.Special Features:
- Never fails to be the best ever!HappycustomerVIPDined on 5/21/2014This is our number one favorite restaurant in San Diego and once again it proved to us that we've found the perfect restaurant. Scott served us which is always a pleasure. Anyone who can boast being there for close to 25 years - since the day they opened - is proof of their status.Special Features:
- The following 1546 reviews are from the Pacifica Del Mar reviews archive.
- OutstandingSDRunnerDined on 5/17/2014Always an outstanding meal at this restaurant! Great service, great food and a spectacular view of the ocean. Sitting inside under the roof is not so bad. if next to the railing, it's a better view than sitting outside on the terrace because you are above the people on the terrace and the view is unobstructed.Special Features:
- Great place2013photogDined on 5/17/2014Lovely atmosphere. Had a drink at the bar before being seated. Bar staff was friendly and the martini was perfect! I had the halibut for my entree, it was delicious. Really can't recommend Pacific Del Mar highly enough. My new favorite.Special Features:
- Good food and great viewwodehousefan17Dined on 5/17/2014We went for an early dinner on a Saturday night. The menu had a good mix of different kinds of food for fair prices. The seafood choices were particularly good. We sat outside and had a nice view of the ocean. We did get some direct sun that was a bit uncomfortable as the sun set, though I'm not sure there's a way to solve that problem without harming the view. The serving staff were friendly and helpful. The only minor problems we had were that one of our entrees was initially left off the bill. Also, my wife requested that some of her leftovers be boxed up, but they were accidentally thrown away. The server offered us a free dessert as a replacement so no major harm done. Overall, we had a good experience and would consider going back.Special Features:
- Excellent food, service, settinggarmanDined on 5/15/2014Our server was efficient and friendly. The food was excellent and we were able to order something off the dinner menu, even though it was lunch. The sea bass was very tasty and side dishes very good. Everything was done just right. We really enjoyed the outdoor dining with the ocean view.Special Features:
- Mother's Day with a ViewDesignandDineDined on 5/11/2014We had a simply great dining experience. Friendly and informed service. Notable house wines. Outside table in beautiful sunshine and not too noisy. Seafood (halibut, swordfish) moist and prepared to perfection. The view is simply stunning and we had a lovely Mother's Day sunset to wind down the day. I've been before and will certainly return.Special Features:
- Right up my alley!NKJDinesDined on 5/11/2014I thought Pacifica was a great place to take my Mom for Mother's Day Brunch. The service was great. The food was what I would expect. It was crowded, but the service staff didn't rush you. The meal was paced very well. It hit all the right notes for me.Special Features:
- Mother's day brunchalskdfjDined on 5/11/2014Brunch was expensive, food was average, and the service was very lacking. Will not be back.Special Features:
- Mother's Day brunchdeefoodieDined on 5/11/2014While we had an early reservation, and the restaurant was not full, the service was slow and unimpressive. It took 10 minutes or more to fill a glass with diet coke and the $10 mimosa was very small. They served half of our table meals, and then preceded in making the other half wait over 20 minutes for their orders. The manager did apologize, but no added benefit or discount was offered. They had a fixed menu for brunch which had plenty of acceptable choices. The asparagus omelet was good, the eggs benedict was disappointing with muffins as hard as rocks, and the French toast was average. Overall, there are plenty of other restaurants that give you more bang for the same price. I recommend C-Level and Island Prime.Special Features:
- Very loudErik1Dined on 5/10/2014This place is very very loud. Do not go here if you want a quiet intimate experience. Food was poor for the price. Halibut was overcooked and Rib Eye lacked flavor.
- Incredible in everythingJimwDined on 5/10/2014Incredible in food, service, and ambience. Everything was outstanding. The food was beyond raves.Special Features:
- Dinner at PacificaDebbieDined on 5/8/2014the service was excellent but unfortunately the salmon so overcooked and dry. The restaurant apologized and graciously took it off the bill. It's our regular "go to" spot and normally the food is properly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at PacificiacgoodDined on 5/8/2014I had lunch at Pacificia and the view was outstanding. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful. I spent 2 hours there with an old friend and we had a lot to catch up on. There was no sense of rushing us, even though they we very busy on a Thursday afternoon.The food was great and I would certainly go back and highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Scenic ViewsFamilyDinnerDined on 5/2/2014After spending about 10 minutes too long in the parking structure, finally handing over our car to Valet Parking, we were seated in Pacifica's dining terrace on a warm summer-like evening. The scene in the bar was energized as we passed through to our table. The sun was 15 minutes from setting into the Pacific and the views were stunning. If only the sky was not so perfectly clear. Our server was attentive and helpful at first but was very busy as the dining room became completely full. Nonetheless, we enjoyed the time to socialize and admire the view. Wine selections were very good as was the food. Our party dined on sea bass, salmon, scallops and yellow fin tuna. Top marks to the scallops and sea bass, low marks for parking.Special Features:
- Blown AwayFoodmanVIPDined on 4/30/2014I took someone who had never been to Pacifica (my favorite San Diego place) and as always they were blown away. The mustard catfish is so great.Special Features:
- juppeats3.5starjuppeatsVIPDined on 4/30/2014My guest and I went here for lunch. Sat outside even though very hot day. I started with the beet salad and it was fantastic. Wonderful goat cheese mousse. The had the yellowtail on orzo. Nice flavors, although sauce bit too lemony for me and fish bit more done than I prefer. My guest had the ahi tuna salad and thought it was delicious. All dishes had nice presentation. The other thing worthy of note was the flavored ice tea. Was pleased that it came unsweetened.
- Celebration Locationluv2eatoutDined on 4/28/2014A very special place to celebrate an occasion, with attentive wait staff who acknowledge and make the person of honor truly feel honored! Thank you, Pacifica. Great food!!Special Features:
- Another perfect eveningMarshDined on 4/27/2014I went to Pacifica on Easter weekend with one houseguest, and it was so good I went there again the next weekend with another houseguest! Another perfect evening in every way-- food, service, setting, everything. My friend loved the kale salad and raved over the mussels (I'm allergic, so I'll have to trust her!). I loved the Caesar salad and can't say enough about the wild mushroom ravioli. Delicious! I've been going to Pacifica since it opened many, many years ago, and I honestly think it's better now it's ever been.Special Features:
- Don't order this/BetsDined on 4/26/2014The ravioli dish was very disappointing, very heavy and not a true ravioli. My friend that ordered it was only able to eat less than half.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mishVIPDined on 4/26/2014We have eaten at Pacifica many times and always had a great experience. Always recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliablecatitaVIPDined on 4/25/2014Love Pacifica and usually give them a great review here...always reliable for great food, service, and fun atmosphere.....I have to say, however, I was disappointed this time in my dinner. Oysters at the bar were great, but I tried the Early Bird special sirloin and found it tough and chewy. Had it cooked med rare - rare side, which they did perfectly, but I guess the cut was just too lean? Go with the rib eye if you want full flavor and a less chewy steak.Special Features:
- Pacifica slippingBruceDined on 4/22/2014Pacifica provided its usual great view, excellent service and nice spot for visiting guests. But the salads we had were not up to par. The crabmeat louie was a joke with minimal shredded crab. The Chefs Chopped Salads had tasteless chicken and overpriced salmon pieces. Overall the price didn't match the experience. The minimal lunch crowd must have gotten the word before we did.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchPM55Dined on 4/20/2014Our family dined at Pacifica for Easter Brunch. Having been there several times before, we were familiar with their menu. The food and service has been consistently good and we have had very good experiences in the past. Being extremely crowded for the Easter Brunch, the service was not as good as usual. A salad needed to be returned twice- once due to undercooked chicken and the second time due to being drenched in dressing after a request of "no dressing". The manager did come to the table to apologize and remove from the bill. Requests for refills on water and ice tea were made several times as no one was available. In general, Pacifica is a great place in Del Mar to dine.Special Features:
- Good, but of as good as usual.TaylorDined on 4/20/2014Pacifica Del Mar is probably our favorite restaurant. We have been eating there since it opened. They seems to to handle crowds well, but as my husband observes, they don't seem to handle holidays well. Of course the view is spectacular and the service is usually good, but our food was very marginal this visit. We went there for Easter Brunch. My cinnamon brioche French Toast had no cinnamon taste whatsoever, and my husbands eggs Benedict were cold and the cheddar cheese green onion muffin underneath was as hard as a hockey puck. These are just nit picky items, I know. We did have a table for two on the edge looking out at the ocean, so that made up for whatever lacked in the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go for the foodJjnycVIPDined on 4/20/2014food is always excellent no matter what you order. wine list is great too. Servers are always on top of everything. Pricey, but the food is so good and if you get a table with an ocean view it's a really nice meal outSpecial Features:
- Perfect eveningMarshDined on 4/19/2014We hadn't been to Pacifica in a long time-- a few years actually-- and now we know that was much too long. It was a perfect evening in every way-- the food, the service, the setting, all of it. The service was so attentive that at one point we joked that they must have mistaken us for celebrities :-) We requested a table with an ocean view, and they seated us at one of the best in the house just in time to see the sunset. That, with a fabulous dinner and great service-- how can you beat that? We were talking about how perfect it was into the next day. It was so perfect, in fact, that I'm heading back next week with an out-of-town guest!Special Features:
- AmazingBobbyDined on 4/18/2014Getting a reservation is the only way to go. We booked on our way and got the best seat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+KyleDined on 4/18/2014Great view and atmosphere. The wine was good as well. We had the crab cakes for an appetizer and they were awesome. I had scallops and they were very salty. The service was pretty good as well. Getting a table along the glass on the patio makes for a great view of the edge of town and the ocean. Great for the sunset.Special Features:
- A Del Mar standoutmikeVIPDined on 4/17/2014While other restaurants come and go at the Del Mar Plaza, Pacifica Del Mar reigns supreme. Always a good bet for great food and attentive service. The scenic view is a marvelous accompaniment as well. It is a great place for interview or business lunches. The only negative about DMP is the tight parking on weekend nights even with the availability of valet parking.Special Features:
- Any time I'm back in San DiegoPortTownsendViking33Dined on 4/17/2014When I was living in San Diego, Pacifica Del Mar was a restaurant that I could count on to deliver everything one could expect plus much more. Many restaurants believe that a great view eliminates the requirement to provide attentive service, good food, and a welcoming atmosphere. Pacifica could serve their menu in a basement and it would still be a favorite spot. On this visit, I hosted a special lunch knowing that no one would be disappointed in any aspect of our meal, setting, or service. And, of course, we weren't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as usualcarlsbadmamaDined on 4/16/2014They were sold out of our favorite entree. The service was very slow although our server was very nice. One entree (swordfish) was so overdone and dry that it was inedible. Forgotten side served late. Scallops large, but not as tasty as normal. The restaurant made at effort to make up these problems by giving us two complimentary desserts which was appreciated.
- Good foodDerbenoDined on 4/12/2014Great place with nice view of the ocean. The Yellowtail is exquisite. Be aware though that the main dining area has quite a high noise level. Not ideal for conversation with a new date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacifica Del Mar Never DisappointsJoyofDiningDined on 4/12/2014Always love and can count on Pacifica Del Mar. Great view, service and food! Romantic or festive!Special Features:
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2014We finally had a date night after a busy 4 months. We love Pacifica and made a reservation fast. We love the food and the location. Food seemed a bit different taste wise from the last time we were there. But still enjoyed it. Service seemed slow, but they were busy, and we think our server was new. However, he did pace out our salad and dinner so we could enjoy our time out and have a decent conversation.Special Features:
- Best seafood in SDFoodFansVIPDined on 4/11/2014My husband and I got married at Pacifica Del Mar five years ago. We had the pleasure of bringing our brand new daughter and my mother in law this weekend. PDM was the only place she requested that we go to by name as she wanted the delicious sea bass that she ate at our wedding again. Five years later and the restaurant still surpasses our greatest expectations! Thank you for a lovely night, scrumptious food and wonderful new memories for our family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The sunset menu was just perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014The sunset menu was just perfect and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always fresh, always deliciouslovingfoodVIPDined on 4/10/2014Dinner at Pacific Del Mar - our seafood was spectacularly fresh and so well prepared. Always a delight to dine here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, views, people watchingCraigDined on 4/6/2014Very fun......try it. Service is excelkent. So many food choices....tough to pick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacifica SpecialsSeanVIPDined on 4/5/2014We had the salmon and sea bass, regular items on the Pacifica menu, and loved them. We have dined here some 20 or so times over the last couple of years, and are never disappointed. As summer approaches, the outdoor dining will be amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.