Pacifica Del Mar
1555 Camino del Mar
Del Mar, CA 92014Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Pacifica Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pacificadelmar.com/
- Phone: 8587920476x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-2:30pm, Saturday-Sunday 11:00am-4:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Friday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Saturday-Sunday 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Mark Bolton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Pacifica Del Mar is able to bring its award winning cuisine to you. We can create a special menu for you and your guests.
A word from Pacifica Del Mar
Awarded the California Restaurant Association's prestigious Gold Medallion for "Best Seafood Dining in San Diego," and Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, Pacifica Del Mar is one of San Diego's most popular Costal Ocean View Restaurants. Casual dining on the deck features breathtaking sunsets and creative costal cuisine with mouthwatering selections of fresh seafood, steak, and pasta. Inside, the art adorned feng shui setting also offers relaxed ocean view dining. Pacifica Del Mar has become the dining experience of choice, celebrated year round for it’s warmth, hospitality, service, and unforgettable ocean view dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pacifica Del Mar - Best Restaurants in Del Mar ›
Pacifica Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (173)great for outdoor dining (161)special occasion (95)fit for foodies (79)romantic (77)neighborhood gem (66)great for lunch (53)vibrant bar scene (50)notable wine list (46)good for groups (31)great for brunch (28)hot spot (26)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Parking disasterEscondidodiner1Dined on 8/10/2014Parking is a disaster. No one to monitor traffic going into and out of the structure. No one to call if there's a problem Fee collection is automated. Almost no signage to guide you to the exits The parking detracts from an otherwise great evening. They absolutely need to have an attendant at each exit and improve signage. Picture yourself at a gate with five cars behind you and the machine that collects the money will not accept cash. You can't back up. You can't turn. Cars behind you are honking. The line interferes with incoming traffic. WHY?!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a sign that directs you to a cash exit that you cannot get to. Horrible planning.Special Features:
- ezdiningDined on 8/10/2014I've eaten at Pacifica in Palm Springs and enjoyed it looking for a dinner spot remembered Pacifica Had A Location In Del Mar Really enjoyed food, atmosphere and service was great! Went around 5:00 on a Sunday great Sunset prices not to crowded. As we were leaving it was getting busy timed it just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodSteveTDined on 8/8/2014Good Food, not very romantic,noisy, fish tank in the dining area bordered on tacky.Special Features:
- Great foodbmaxDined on 8/7/2014Went for our anniversary on a Thursday. This place was hopping with locals. A good sign. Found out it was half price wine bottles. A bonus. Food was fresh and well prepared. Wish it was closer to homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently deliciousJanRSFDined on 8/7/2014We went for our anniversary on a Thursday night when wine is half-priced. We were there early so ordered the early dinner special which is a great value. There are about six dinner choices that come with a soup or salad for $23.95. The house salad is delicious. I had the steak which is always delicious at this seafood restaurant, served with mashed potatoes and broccolini. My husband had the salmon which is always cooked to perfection. We have never been disappointed with the food or the service.Special Features:
- Consistently good food, great viewOldHRHitterDined on 8/6/2014Consistently good food, great view and service. Their regular menu has something for everyone, the early bird is a great value and their bar menu has a lot of interesting small plates at low prices during happy hour. Great servers and great view. Their "frequent diner's club" is a nice perk.Special Features:
- Lovely view and great food!FoodieDined on 8/4/2014We went to this restaurant for our 1st anniversary just the other day. We were visiting San Diego. The food was good, but what really made the evening was good, friendly service and when we walked in for our res the hostess told the woman that sat us "seat them anywhere they'd like". We obviously wanted the two top with the great view. That's a great way to impress me. The drink menu is on an iPad and there were lots to choose from. The Lemon Meringue Martini and berry mixes vodka drinks were delish. We shared the lobster with a small filet and had amazing brussel sprouts in the side. The restaurant brought us a creme brûlée for free which was also very nice. Great overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner-eat food and serviceSauceonthesideVIPDined on 8/3/2014As always, Pacifica Del Mar does not disappoint. Tasting menu delightful and I rarely venture to try something with so many sauces. Guests enjoyed theirs as well topped off with dessert trio. Perfect setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, beautiful viewBreeDined on 8/2/2014I took my boyfriend here for a birthday breakfast. We ordered the Caribbean-Seasoned Hash and the Chicken. The chicken was succulent and the hints of mango in the hash were fantastic. We were helped by Scott who was just the right amount of attentive without being annoying. Overall fantastic experience. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best places in Del MarlovegoodfoodDined on 7/27/2014Great food, fantastic view of the ocean, and we have always had excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!EatingoutVIPDined on 7/24/2014Always great, and we saved room for dessert...yum.Special Features:
- Turned out okayMaggieDined on 7/23/2014We had a reservation -told we had to wait 15 mins to sit outside. so we waited, which was fine. We were seated and then ignored for at least 15 mins. I finally stopped a busboy and asked him if he could send our waiter over - he said he could take our drink order - so we told him what we wanted - then the waitress came over to explain that the wine was not available by the bottle.......so we ordered another. The manager, I assume, brought the bottle, apologized for the wait, said the bottle of wine was on the house as well as any dessert we'd like........so sort of made up for it. We took the wine, opted out of dessert. Guess it was just an oversight on their part that we were ignored for so long - they were willing to make it right.Special Features:
- Sunset DinnerChowHoundDined on 7/23/2014Took my wife here for her birthday. It was a great experience. Great view of the ocean and definitely recommended for dining at sunset. Excellent choice of dishes and food was perfectly prepared. Will be adding this to my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Menu, Spectacular ViewYumyumTrailDined on 7/22/2014We enjoyed all aspects of our dinner starting with a yummy cocktail....blackberry smoothie in a large glass; followed by Blue Point Oysters and then a special value trio of salads for $25.(beet, heirloom tomatoes and halibut). We tried the sampler trio for dessert and that was just enough to satisfy our sweet tooth. Attentive service and a fabulous table facing the Pacific OceanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and viewfrenchfan8VIPDined on 7/22/2014lovely setting where we celebrated our anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just PerfectEatHereDined on 7/20/2014Everything at Pacifica Del Mar is just perfect. The view and the food are serene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor Patio ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014We dined at Pacifica recently for Sunday brunch, although it really was more of a lunch menu and not a "brunch" at all. The stars of our meal were the fresh oysters. The Blue Points were excellent. Our other entrees were fine, but nothing exceptional. We did, however, have exceptional service from a young man by the name of Casey. It was a beautiful summer afternoon and the view was lovely. Overall it was a nice lunch.Special Features:
- FreshDoggybagDined on 7/19/2014Our food quality was very fresh and seemed to have had special attention to preparation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good seafoodAraTucsonDined on 7/18/2014The restaurant deserves its Zagat rating of 25 for food. The seafood served was fresh and light, cooked imaginatively and well-balanced with vegetables and spices. The outdoor seating area is quite pleasant, though somewhat crowded. The service was fast and efficient, the tables were clean and well-maintained, and the overall experience was very good. The wine list offered by the restaurant is quite reasonable. The prices are high but expected for the location and quality.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014What a beautiful place to eat and look out over the ocean as the sun was setting. The service was terrific, and the food delicious. The waitstaff was very courteous, and the meals came out hot and rather quickly. Lovely place and will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- perennial disappointmentDelMarLocalVIPDined on 7/18/2014Come here at times mainly for work; food not great, but high price to ratio is a common north county ill. Despite low expectations, recent trip w/family was a disaster. Kids food was expensive and the chicken like rubber--nearly impossible to cut. A corn leek soup--good concept--arrived so hot that even the server commented on it. As it cooled it became clear why so hot--heavily floured beyond the point of taste. Calamari is reliably good--light batter and properly cooked. $24 in oysters were only half shucked and a day or two off fresh (we left some uneaten). Ribeye ordered medium rare arrived medium +--sent it back and walked out. all in $172 for no actual adult dinner. Beware late afteronnons-strong sunlight in eyes.Special Features:
- dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014We had a large group and we were accommodated nicely, no big fuss. Our waitress was great, and the food was totally great. I would recommend this place to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location, Location, LocationLagosgirlVIPDined on 7/16/2014The restaurant has a lovely patio that looks across the street to the ocean. The view and patio are great. Parking is available in the garage and it can be validated. The food and service were pretty average.Special Features:
- Great, as alwaysMdsandiegoDined on 7/12/2014My favorite spot in San Diego never fails to impress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacifica was wonderfulExploringnewvenuesDined on 7/11/2014There were 6 in our party. We dined on the patio. The sunset was spectacular, the food wonderful and there was a cocktail that was made with black raspberries that was terrific. I highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacifica Del MargourmetccDined on 7/10/2014Excellent food, attentive service, good ambiance. I suffer from Gluten and Corn intolerance, informed the waiter, and had absolutly no issues with the food.Special Features:
- Always greatJanRSFDined on 7/10/2014We went for the early dinner on a Thursday night when most of the wine list is half-priced. The early dinner is a great value with soup or salad and a choice of six entrees. Their house salad is excellent. My husband really likes the salmon but I prefer the steak which was almost a filet, very tasty, tender and delicious. We had a bottle of wine that complemented our meal well. Always enjoy the food, view and ambiance of Pacifica Del Mar.Special Features:
- Hoped for morefoodienewbieVIPDined on 7/10/2014We loved the location and the modern seafood ambiance. Of course the view is great, and the food is perfectly fine. Unfortunately we are aspiring foodies and "perfectly fine" doesn't quite cut it, especially in such a restaurant-dense area.Special Features:
- Gorgeous setting mediocre foodsdmmbayVIPDined on 7/10/2014I used to love the setting, service and food. The first two are still solid but the food is overpriced and barely edible. The last two visits this summer have been so disappointing. Pacifica has become lazy on their food. The signature dish is farm salmon. Really? By the sea in Del Mar? Pacifica should provide quality food not diner edible. Such a shame for patrons that eat this junk.Special Features:
- Not sure I'll be back!RichardDined on 7/9/2014Let me just say that when the fish entrees arrived they looked incredible, but unfortunately all were overcooked to the point of being dry and tough. If you're going to charge $37 for a Halibut, you better nail it. One of the members of our party mentioned to the waitress that the seabass, halibut & salmon were all overcooked and she just smirked and never mentioned it again. We also ordered a few bottles of over marked up wines. . We would've stayed longer for drinks in the bar, but everyone was annoyed by the lack of awareness so we went next door and had cocktails at El Agave.Special Features:
- Great Food, unbelievable ocean viewOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/8/2014Great food, service got a little spotty when delivering the food, but they were very accommodating to our party of 7 and gave us a great table on the patio when requested.Special Features:
- sddinersddinerDined on 7/6/2014Had guests in town for an early 5:30 dinner outside table. Food, service was great. Too bad was a warm day and the sun baked our faces without any relief as the sun dipped. Server said they couldn't do anything for shade. The only bad thing about the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place!Hungtran858Dined on 7/3/2014The service was amazing here! Also the food was amazing as well! Appetizer, wine, main course, and dessert was on point! Very satisfy with everything and the whole experience !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- complete disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2014Terrible. this place has a lot of potential. But alas complete disappointment. The "special" drink was completely watered down. Needed to return it. The side of Brussel sprouts were burnt and had to return those as well. Thank god for the bread. Was hungry when I left.
- Pacifica menu refreshedDineamorDined on 7/2/2014I have been eating there for the last 12 yrs but getting tired of same menu ...stayed away for a while and am pleasantly surprised to see an expanded menu with lot of variety.The "old "favorites are still there but listed in A less prominent spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Wonderful!GailCVIPDined on 6/30/2014Pacifica Del Mar is one of our favorite restaurants. The Japanese Clam Chowder is so delicious and is filled with so many clams, fabulous mushrooms, and crunchy water chestnuts--a real treat. The signature salmon is always moist and satisfying. The view, even on a cloudy day, is spectacular!Special Features:
- Great view but that's about itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014I have been going to Pacifica for years for the view and ambiance. The last 3-4 times I've eaten there however, everyone was disappointed in the food. It's sounds great on the menu but ends up being ordinary and tasteless and is not given away. I will go to many options in the area b4 returning.
- Spectacular Sunset ViewChrisLDined on 6/24/2014Great location in Del Mar for treating out of town guests. Prices on the high side but most dishes have the option of half portion which made it a little more palatable. The wine list is on an iPad which was very intimidating, we just ordered glasses of the house wine. The Salmon and Scallop dinners were very good. The Calamari was tasty and a good buy with generous portions. The Japanese Clam Chowder as a first course was a suprpise find and was very good with water chestnuts and a soup base, no dairy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDateDinnerDateVIPDined on 6/22/2014Always a favorite! Great fish, excellent service, super wine list all as you gaze out over the Pacific Ocean.Special Features:
- Pacifica Del MardrcliffDined on 6/15/2014Slow food service. Adequate menu. Great bar and creative specialty drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.