12723 St. Martin's Neck Road
Bishopville, MD 21813Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lighthousesound.com/maryland-ocean-city-golf-dining
- Phone: 4103525250
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Lighthouse Sound
Lighthouse Sound invites you to see its newly remodeled restaurant with these wonderful offers. The Lighthouse Restaurant overlooking Assawoman Bay and the Ocean City skyline is dedicated to providing the finest cuisine on the Eastern Shore. Whether a family outing, corporate meeting banquet or wedding, The Lighthouse Restaurant will cater your every need. Serving lunch and dinner our culinary staff will prepare the finest cuisine East of the Chesapeake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Lighthouse Sound - Best Restaurants in Ocean City ›
Lighthouse Sound reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (32)romantic (21)special occasion (20)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (6)notable wine list (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Differs from most reviewersnkurkjianDined on 9/22/2013We tried this restaurant based on many positive reviews. The waitress was very hard to understand. My mother asked how the soft shell crabs were prepared, the waitress said deep fried. They came with a load of chipotle sauce on top. We had to request another order without sauce. My shrimp scampi had no flavor and 5 small shrimp in a pile of pasta. My husband said his rock fish also had no taste. The sorbet palate cleanser was a nice touch. The key lime pie was tasty, but a very small serving. Bottom line, there is no reason to go back.Special Features:
- Will definitely return!dineoutcoupleDined on 9/13/2013We loved the scenic view of the water and OC lights in the distance. The dining room was spacious-great decor and atmosphere. Our food was excellent-we both had seafood entrees rockfish & crabcake. Both dinners were prepared to perfection. The salads were fresh, unique and the freshly prepared dressings were great. We shared key lime pie for dessert-which was better than some we have had in Florida. We shared a bottle of chilled wine, and found the wine list impressive. The service was impeccable by every member of the staff we interacted with-attentive without being intrusive. Music and entertainer were a nice touch. Overall one of our top five dining experiences-we left knowing we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over seasoned!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2013Asparagus so salty I couldn't eat it, broccoli was cooked well but full of garlic. The ahi tuna had a good taste if you could get past the salt. My husband's rib eye was not even a 1/4 of an inch thick. They were very nice but not the best food!
- Very Nice Dinner!EliseDined on 8/28/2013Wow so yummy - they had a deal that for $65 per couple including many choices of entre and a bottle of wine!Special Features:
- Great find accross the bayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2013Located across the bay from the bustling beaches of Ocean City Maryland. The restaurant is located within a golf club setting facing the bay and Ocean City. The view is priceless and worth the trip alone. The restaurant is very plush to create upscale fine dining. You can have lunch on the patio as many returning golfers’ do. The grounds and bay view were spectacular in August. The food was good. We came for Sunday breakfast but I expect the prime time meals would be memorable. At Sunday breakfast the Mimosas were a bargain $3.00. The manager came to our table to make sure all was up to our expectations, as it was. It was quiet and very elegant meal! Glad we went!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2for$65DonAshVIPDined on 8/21/2013You can't beat their 3 course dinner for 2 for$65.00 and a bottle of wine. Good selection of food items.Special Features:
- Wonderful time!flipsterDined on 8/3/2013We enjoyed great food, great service, great entertainment, and great hospitality! Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful experience!!!!BCDCDined on 7/25/2013Great place for many experiences, dining, romance, great food and service, and wonderful place t o enjoy a scenic view of the wonderful Eastern shore of Maryland!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Despite the fact that ourlovepuppyVIPDined on 7/21/2013Despite the fact that our onion soup tasted watered down, we were given s salad in its place and the rest of the dinner was delicious. We had a great time and will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OC Bay View DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2013The restaurant was recommended by stay-at-home couch potato, so it had to be special. The view of the Assawoman Bay (the American Indian had no sense of humor?) was outstanding from any table in the restaurant. One note, we were served water and bread rolls, well before the waiter appeared with the menus although he was very timely after that. That said, the 'never ending' bread rolls were outstanding with at least 4 different types. I preferred sun dried tomato over the recommended rye. Each of our party of 5 had a different seafood entry with all expertly cooked, seasoned and served hot. The scalloped potato is a 'must have.' We didn't have room for desert but the free chocolate chip cookie was rated by my wife as 'best ever'. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great if you Crave Wedding FoodrtimmkVIPDined on 7/19/2013If you go to weddings and think you are eating fantastic food then you will greatly enjoy the Lighthouse Sound Restaurant. We ordered Gran Marnier Scallops, Shrimp Cocktail, Soft-Shell Crab Entree. The Scallops were deliciously delicate though we found the Gran Marnier to be intrusive, The Shrimp cocktail, not recommended, was stringy and chewy, and reminded me of frozen raw shrimp you can get from the store and defrost at home. The Crabs were good and well presented. Though again, none of these were groundbreaking. We did enjoy the complimentary cookie offered after our entree and the sorbet before. In summary; its on a golf course, on the bay, it looks nice and the food is adequate. Feels like you're at a wedding without the open bar.Special Features:
- ExtravagantTsaveler77Dined on 7/19/2013Upscale dining, expensive, food was just ok not anything worth going back for .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy LighthouseocfoodieDined on 7/18/2013We always enjoy Lighthouse Sound. Beautiful view of Ocean City across the bay, excellent food, attentive service, all at a fair price.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our evening herelovepuppyVIPDined on 7/16/2013We enjoyed our evening here despite the fact that our entrée was served an hour late. The manager and chef greatly compensated for that fact. The restaurant was extremely busy. Our rock fish was delicious and we will go there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedcshovestulDined on 7/13/2013We ate here last year, and had a wonderful experience. Our waitress, Whitney, was not friendly at all. She acted like she was doing us a favor by waiting on us. Food was only mediocr.Special Features:
- Value dining with a viewLMV126VIPDined on 7/7/2013You can't argue with the prices. They have a deal....for $65, two people choose a salad or soup, entree, side, and you get a dessert to share, PLUS, they throw in a bottle of wine! We actually didn't take the deal, but it gives you many choices. However....we ordered our first choice of wine, they were out. Ordered a second choice, didn't have that one either. My husband orderd the shrimp cocktail, they were out of shrimp. Our server was nice, but we sat for long stretches waiting for our drinks, then to give our order, then for our food. The food itself was not really in keeping with what you would expect in a golf club restaurant. Marginal at best. The room is lovely, though, and the view is very pretty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/27/2013The food was really good but there was a very long wait. The waitress was very friendly and was excellent.Special Features:
- hard to judge as we had tolovepuppyVIPDined on 6/13/2013hard to judge as we had to sit in bar dining room because of special event going on. Therefore, service was not as good as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialsBonnieVIPDined on 6/12/2013We enjoyed the special priced dinners and the fact that since there were 3 of us the offer extended to the third person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/29/2013I made this reservation because I was looking for a nice spot to go with my fiancee while we were on a mini-vacation in Ocean City. I was a little disappointed when I discovered this restaurant is at a golf club in the middle of a very fancy new neighborhood--I was looking for something a little more unique. However I must say, this restaurant offers an excellent view and the service was great. The food was delicious--not too much or too little. And they offered a really great deal where two people can select their own appetizer and entree (from a fixed list, but it includes quite a bit of their menu), share a dessert (bread pudding was AMAZING!) AND you get a bottle of house wine for a total of $65, MUCH cheaper than a la carte. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Start overOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/26/2013Went for Sunday brunch. To sum this place up, it is a restaurant that sits in a golf clubhouse. Nice golf course, beautiful view of the bay, but the food does not come close to the setting. First, we were one of two tables and it took over 10 minutes to get drinks. The waitress was either new or not up to the job. Lastly, I had eggs Benedict with 1) untoasted muffin, 2) ham instead of Canadian bacon, and 3) eggs that were well done. The hash browns were from frozen. And, the manager delivered our toast long before the rest of the food because the kitchen did not know to prepare it last. My recommendation would be for this place to close, get new everything (including the name so any bad reviews would not affect business) and start over.Special Features:
- Overall it was an outstandingGetaboutsDined on 5/18/2013Overall it was an outstanding outing. The food was excellent. Service a bit slow, but that was because they were so busy. Ambience, only fair because it was raining so hard and the wind blowing so you could not see much. Noise level, louder than on my previous visits, but there was a wedding reception happening. Their music was great for dancing but a bit lively for dinner music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprise.BIGT4U610Dined on 5/2/2013My wife and I never expected the staff and patrons to be so engaging at what appears to be a "stuffy" country club setting. It was absolutely the contrary! Michelle (the bar tender) made us feel right at home the minute we sat down to order a couple of VERY affordable "happy hour" coctails. Once we were seated at our table overlooking the beautiful bay the ambiance alone raised our expectations a bit higher for our dining experience. Three words... (They nailed it)!! Derek was one of the most attentive servers we've ever dealt with and the food was great. It literally would have cost us the same to go to Applebee's. Be sure to purchase a certificate from Restaurant.com to make it even sweeter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindLaylayVIPDined on 4/22/2013absolutely great food and service.!! selected this restaurant randomly and boy were we pleasantly surprised!! the sorbet to clean the palette was a hit and the cookie after your dessert was a nice end to top of a great dinner!Special Features:
- Food, host, music, view allDennisVIPDined on 4/19/2013Food, host, music, view all great. A very good value as well!Special Features:
- always a good dining experienceTERP73Dined on 4/15/2013always a good dining experience at Lighthouse. View is spectacular.Special Features:
- Dine often at LHS. Food andBob61VIPDined on 4/6/2013Dine often at LHS. Food and service are consistantly good. Darren the GM and the Chef do a great job. Stephen is an excellent waiterSpecial Features:
- Excellent food lovely viewMedelehDined on 3/29/2013Derek, our server/golf pro, was very friendly, personable and attentive. Chef Tracy has great command of his food; from the wonderfully chocolatety cookies to the succulent steak, the lightly seasoned garlic mashed potatoes and heavenly key lime pie, it's hard to go wrong when you can dine on a select menu for two including a house bottle if wine for $59 a couple. Superb!Special Features:
- We had an early reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/1/2012We had an early reservation so was surprised when we were seated next to the only other diners in the restaurant - a couple with two small children. Food was done well but nothing exciting on the menu - pretty standard fare.
- This was the perfect dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/20/2012This was the perfect dinner for my boyfriend, my parents, and I the week of Thanksgiving. Steven (Stephen?) was the perfect server. Not hounding us but always there when we needed him. For a Tuesday, it was really quiet. No other parties were there when we arrived, so we sat right in front of the massive fireplace. It was very nice. I definitely plan to return for a special occasion. It's pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- Great view of Ocean City.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2012Great view of Ocean City. This is a golf corse country club so expect a noise bar with a nice dining area. We had the fixed price dinner, 3 corses for 2 with a bottle of wine for $59.00' you can't beat the price and the food was good.Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/11/2012This was our first visit to Lighthouse Sound. It is a beautiful restaurant with a gorgeous view across the bay of the Ocean City skyline. Our dinner was very good and with the reasonable prix fixe of $59.00 incl a bottle of house wine an unbeatable combination. My veal piccata and my husband's rockfish were delicious. After dinner they come around with yummy chocolate chip cookies to choose from before dessert. The evening was topped off with some wonderful live dinner music........such a rarity today. A lovely soloist with a keyboardist. She came around and took requests and I felt like dancing in the spacious dining room.Special Features:
- this is always a really niceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2012this is always a really nice dining experience. we usually take friends who have come from out of town. looking forward to the next time friends come in.
- Our food was not that great.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2012Our food was not that great. We thought the food would be better for the price we paid. We were seated next to the bar, when there were plenty of open tables open by the windows. Alot of people came in off the golf course & sat at the bar being loud & drinking heavily. We felt the service was better than the food. Would not return to this restaurant.
- Our first visit was a pleasantLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/28/2012Our first visit was a pleasant surprise. Very good menu and server. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Very friendly service. ReasonableBob61VIPDined on 8/26/2012Very friendly service. Reasonable prices. Maiter D often comes around with fresh baked cookies. Chef Tracy always stops by to greet customers. Grat view of Ocean City across the riverSpecial Features:
- Out of the way but very prettyfoodloverDined on 8/24/2012Out of the way but very pretty spot. Very good food & service.Special Features:
- Excelletn restaurant and aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2012Excelletn restaurant and a good buy. They have a great special at $59 per couple which includes a bottle of house wine. Just the right portions.Special Features:
- Great view, pleasant service,StevenDined on 8/23/2012Great view, pleasant service, nice ambiance. It is not clear what the forte of this restaurant is, its ambitions do not match the mediocre dishes. Serving beer and wine in inadequate glasses was a bummer. Overall - great potential and missed opportunities.Special Features:
- Wonderful Staff/Curt ManagerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2012We made a reservation and asked for a window view. When we arrived we requested a special waiter as well. We were told either way we would have to wait 10 mins and were practically ordered to the bar area. 40 minutes later I got up to see what the problem was and we were told they gave our table to another group. We were never informed this while we were waiting. Thank goodness the food was good and the waiter was excellent and took great care of us.Special Features: