115 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.landinibrothers.com/
- Phone: 7038368404
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sundays: 11.30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Franco Landini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Cross Street: Lee Street and King Street
- Public Transit: King Street Metro stop, about 16 blocks away from the restaurant.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Street parking is available or there is a parking garage located right behind the restaurant on Lee Street. Colonial Parking $10.00 flat rate. WE NOW OFFER VALET SERVICE. Friday and Saturday nights, starting at 5:30pm until 11:00pm, for $5.00.
A word from Landini Brothers
Franco and Noe Landini are the proud hosts of Landini Brothers restaurant. Located in the heart of Old Town Alexandria, and close to the Potomac River, Landini Brothers is a well-established landmark in Northern Virginia. It has been serving northern Italian food in the traditional Tuscan style since it opened in 1976. Franco's annual visits to his family and friends in Tuscany provide him with ample opportunity to learn about the latest advances in Tuscan cuisine—knowledge he brings home for the dining pleasure of restaurant guests. Come join us for brunch! Sunday at 11:30am to 3:00pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Landini Brothers - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
Landini Brothers reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)neighborhood gem (80)romantic (67)notable wine list (52)fit for foodies (52)good for groups (42)great for outdoor dining (32)great for lunch (22)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (13)late-night find (8)scenic view (7)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerProgMetalVIPDined on 5/2/2014Had a wonderful anniversary dinner. Selected almost all items from the extensive list of that evening's specials. Oysters Rockefeller were excellent, as were the specials of sautéed Rockfish and lobtster linguini. They mixed a great appletini for my wife. We shared a cannoli for dessert that I have to say is one of the best I've eaten in a long time - that shell was perfectly crispy. Our waiter was perfectly attentive. Great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better than expectedBirdieDined on 5/1/20143 of us had veal all excellent and tender... yum.. unlike everyone else the decor seemed fine to me. We had a great meal and the BEST tiramisu outside of florence italy! Very light and oh so delicious... higly recommend.Special Features:
- Classic and clubbyMumbaiVIPDined on 4/30/2014A great sit. Classic Italian with refreshed menu. Clubby feel. NYC in old town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Italian DinnerElsamaeDined on 4/27/2014We took another couple who had never been to Landini's before for their birthday dinner. They always have additional specials for the night. Don't missed out on the squash blossoms when they have them. The portabella mushroom is always a favorite too. My mother always asks for the liver and onions that is not on the menu but is always delicious. The tables are a little close but there is no problem carrying on conversations (you do not need to raise your voice to talk to your dinner companions.) The wait staff is great with helping you to choose what you would like to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outiside is perfectNYDCTXVIPDined on 4/26/2014Love this restaurant. Inside is fine but try to sit outside!Special Features:
- Better than the tourist placesRustyDined on 4/26/2014This restuarant sits on king street and lee st. We have live two blocks away for several years. We never went there because from the out side it looks like the other tourist traps around it. Inside is dark. To our surprise the service is excellent and the food is very good. The menu has too much on it and they have as many specials as they have menu items. When people see that it says "not fresh and tourist trap"I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014We dined here the night before running a half in dc. The food was amazing. I have a milk allergy and they custom made my dinner so I could eat it. The portions are huge and the food is fresh. Highly recoment!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- where have you beenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2014Visited OleTowne Alex many time over 15 yrs for dinning and never wondered into Landini Bro's.. What a delightful place,
- Celebrating BirthdayPaddyDined on 4/23/2014The food, the service and attention given to the customers are always good at Landini, nice place to have dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SwitzerlandVIPDined on 4/22/2014Both the blackened grouper and the rigatoni were outstanding!Special Features:
- Just greatchampDined on 4/20/2014We had five for lunch including 2 children. Great food and service. The kids love the Shirley Temple s and we all loved the food and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally been to Landini's.GraceDined on 4/18/2014I haven't been to Landini's in a long time and while food was good, lobster, the filet was a little over cooked and the fries weren't all that good. They would do better by offering fresh cut potatoes/fries to accompany dish, these tasted frozen. Nothing spectacular but worth trying again. The decor is so dated though -- could use a freshening up -- keep it traditional colonial that works for Old Town but freshened up. The server was excellent, she picked a perfect wine for the lobster and she was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic placeGreat4foodDined on 4/18/2014Every time we go to Landini Brothers we have great service and great food. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!AlanDined on 4/14/2014Continued amazing food options supported by a great staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsPaulDined on 4/11/2014Always a wonderful time and a wonderful meal. the service was fantastic And the rockfish was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was ok, not great,TrinityVIPDined on 4/11/2014The food was ok, not great, certainly didn't warrent the prices ($40 steak). The restaurant is dark and the decor is dated and dingy (floors need vacuuming, fixtures had dust, etc). No issues with the service.Special Features:
- DeliciousFoodzgoodVIPDined on 4/7/2014As always, the food at Landini's was excellent. I ordered the artichoke appetizer and after getting over the shock that it was a whole artichoke that I had to eat with my fingers, I really enjoyed it. We both had pasta, one with a sausage tomato sauce and one, a seaweed noodle with crab and lobster. Very enjoyable. The only minor negative was a very aloof waiter who did what he needed to do but acted as if he wanted to be anyplace else and that we were a bit of an annoyance - but this did not mar an enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level on the main floorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2014Noise level on the main floor of the dining area was to loud to have a pleasant conversation. To say it was energetic was an understatementSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/4/2014The food was very good, but we thought it odd that the Italian dishes were served with fingerling potatoes and haricots vert. If you wanted pasta, there was an extra charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good foodNeilGDined on 4/4/2014We go there when in the mood for a very good Italian meal. The clams Casino were terrific and pasta Romano excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComplacencyMLCWVIPDined on 3/31/2014Complacency appears to be setting in at Landini Brothers. There was nothing remarkable about our recent dining experience. They are fortunate they're in Old Town and have a rather captive crowd. They're also fortunate that a great new place like Osteria Marzano in Kingstowne is not nearby.
- Great Food After They Remembered USOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2014Best Veal ever! Great atmosphere! The only reason I don't rate the service poor is because they were nice and tried. But it was 45 minutes between ordering & eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent inLP45Dined on 3/23/2014Consistently excellent in terms of food and service; our party of six was entirely pleased. The tiramisu is definitely worth saving room for--a version that rises above the rest of the pre-fab slabs found at lesser Italian restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special AttentionBicemanDined on 3/21/2014Food and service fantastic. Beware of table just off hostess stand. Constant bumping during a busy Friday nite. Gratefully, we were offered a second chance the following night. Nice window table was reserved for us by mgmt. along with free cocktails for our inconvenience experienced the night prior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/21/2014We loved it, the food was great, the ambiance was nice...a lovely spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DependableAlexDinerVIPDined on 3/19/2014As always, Landini offered great food and wonderful service. We had a party of five - three newcomers who were wowed and vowed to return. The menu offers something for everyone and the specials were superb. Only downside is noise level. On a Wed evening, restaurant was full and the noise was surprising loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous ItalianJFoodieDined on 3/15/2014If you want true authentic Italian food, this is the place to go. The pasta is downright delicious and brought me back to Italy. The Caesar salad looks basic and boring, but the dressing is amazing. The spinach-filled home made pasta and the sweet sausage penne pasta pasta were wonderful and I'd go back in a heartbeat. My party was tucked away in a back corner of the restaurant, but we were far from forgotten. The service was fantastic and the noise level was nill to none, so we could easily visit and catch up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnerbroward714Dined on 3/15/2014We ate at Landini Brothers for our anniversary dinner on Saturday March 15th. We love authentic Italian food and there's no question that it's hard to find a legit Italian restaurant doing it right in DC. So much so that we have tempered our expectations at nearly every Italian restaurant we've gone to. Landini Brothers may not quite live up to Little Italy standards, but it's pretty darn close. And apparently they've been doing it for over 35 years, which just lends creedence to their ability to create and serve good food and happy diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Good, ConsideringBlaiseTravisDined on 3/15/2014I basically assume any restaurant in the heart of a heavily touristed area will be average at best. Landini Bros. defies this. Besides the food taking a bit too long to arrive, it arrived hot and the attention we got from our server and the busboys kept us from getting itchy. The veal chop was cooked to perfection and others at the table liked the pastas and the seafood. I'll return.Special Features:
- Very ReliableBlackhawkDined on 3/15/2014As expected, the service and ambience was outstanding. The food would have been outstanding, but for the shrimp in the shrimp scampi that was not very tasty, limp and not up to the excellent quality of the rest of the meal . The veal that I had was nicely done and the wines were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciosoKimCDined on 3/14/2014We enjoyed the delicious dinner at Landini Bros. The menu was great, but the specials offered even more fantastic choices. I have rarely had shrimp stuffed with crabmeat that was as moist and delectable as theirs was. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groups!JaneDined on 3/13/2014My friend and I came in from out of town and took two couples here for dinner. We all loved it. The server was very good. We were so busy talking when we first got there we didn't have time to study the wine menu. We just ended up telling him to bring a bottle of whatever he recommended. It was very good! Everyone loved their entree. And the dessert I ordered--gelato with cherries was so yummy and small enough to not be too much after cleaning my dinner plate. Good evening! Word of caution: probably not a good pick if your group is going to get loud or rowdy. The rooms of the restaurant are smallish and most are seating twos. It wouldn't be appropriate to ruin the ambiance with a loud group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The seaweed noodle lasagnaSwitzerlandVIPDined on 3/13/2014The seaweed noodle lasagna and the steak and cheese panini were both outstanding, and the service was superb as always.Special Features:
- Consistant Old School ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/11/2014Always good food and experience. Good service. Noise level great for kids, but not the best place for them.Special Features:
- The food was overall veryHousemanDined on 3/10/2014The food was overall very good and portions are perfect. However the only complaint I would have is that their Caesar Salad came with only romaine and dressing (which was delicious), but no croutons or Parmesan. The service was good and the specials were plentiful. We have been going to this stalwart of the Alexandria "Old Town" establishment for over 35 years, that speaks for itself. Great building, location and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner.TracyVIPDined on 3/8/2014As usual, dinner was great. We had the Veal and Chicken Calabrese, Agnolotti Alla Florentina and the Penne Alla Romana. Also, we all had the Ceasar Salad. The Ceasar here is our favorite. I only wish it had croutons. The bread is always warm and wonderful and the Calabrese is my favorite. Service here is wonderful as well. We can always come here and know we'll get a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbvettemanDined on 3/8/2014Celebrated wife's birthday at location with another couple after the restaurant was recommended by a friend who works in Washington D.C. Everything was perfect and the chief was accommodating to a special food request. There was no left overs to take home and we each had a different selection from the menu. I would highly recommend this restaurant anytime you are visiting the area of the National Harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staff is terribleGabyDined on 3/1/2014The food was great and the ambiance was also very nice. Our waiter on the other hand was not. As our waiter first approached our table we were expecting introductions etc. BUT he asked "what would you like to order for drinks". We had not yet been given a wine list of menu yet either. We ended up having a good 15+min wait between when our appetizer was cleared off our table and our main course arrived. During this wait, we realized that all tables around us were served with bread and butter but we were not.. As our waiter was nowhere is sight, we asked a bus woman to call him. Although we could see through the glass of the kitchen door that she spoke to him BUT it took him another good 5 min to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLocalsVIPDined on 3/1/2014I was expecting better service. The entire experience was mediocre. Hardly worth the cost.
- I hope it was an "off-night"AllieDined on 2/21/2014Let me start by saying I usually love Landini Brothers. But this visit, there was nothing to love except the ambiance in the room & the great table. Service was slow, spotty & inattentive. Drinks came at staggered times which was difficult. Some of the food was good enough. But some was bad enough to be sent back. They did take the food off the bill but were defensive about it and uninterested in why it was unacceptable - overcooked, rubbery and can't cut with a knife, were the complaints. The valet was a plus. Confusing though as you pay up front and then receive a ticket which has to be stamped at Landini's in order to get the rate you already paid for? To be fair, as I started out, I really do hope this was just an off-night.Special Features: