The Arrogant Butcher
2 E. Jefferson Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Arrogant Butcher
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.foxrc.com/
- Phone: 6023248502
- Hours of Operation:
Mon – Thu 11am - 9pm
Fri 11am - 10pm
Sat 12pm - 10pm
Dinner 4pm - 10pm
Mon – Sat 3pm - 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Claspill
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: During Saturday Brunch we will feature a DJ.
A word from The Arrogant Butcher
Already an iconic downtown Phoenix landmark, the bar at The Arrogant Butcher is one of the only places where sports fans and theater-goers can enjoy a burger and a beer next to some of Arizona’s top politicians. Behind the drawn curtains of the three private dining rooms, one may find bachelorettes toasting former freedoms, important legislation being discussed, or pre-concert parties warming up for the night’s big event. The Arrogant Butcher offers you the best of everything – seafood, steaks, draft beer, wine and cocktails, comfort food and good company. So if you’re looking for downtown’s only place to be seen, look no further than the corner of Jefferson and 1st.Continued
Look no further than the Arrogant Butcher.
Look no further than the Arrogant Butcher.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Arrogant Butcher reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (57)great for lunch (57)neighborhood gem (54)vibrant bar scene (54)hot spot (53)good for groups (45)special occasion (38)great for outdoor dining (27)late-night find (26)notable wine list (17)great for brunch (13)scenic view (11)romantic (9)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Lunch before Dbacks Tuesdayperky1VIPDined on 6/10/2014This is a great place with a good location. We got char charcuterie and cheese plates. I had an AZ Stronghold red blend, spouse had a German beer. It is expensive, but it was worth it. Great servers, ambience, manager stopped by, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jbakerazVIPDined on 6/9/2014Always delicious food, fun atmosphere, and great service.Special Features:
- Beer and BitesBeerisgoodDined on 6/6/2014My mother-in-law and I go there for the beer & pretzel bites! Their dessert is fantastic as well...the caramel salted pudding is scrumptious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old staples freshened with flairluvnveggiesDined on 6/6/2014Enjoyed the checklist format for appetizers and you can order even just one oyster (delicious--flown in from Cape Cod) great way to encourage sampling. My partner ordered the brioche bun grilled chicken club with havarti, and was pleasantly surprised how flavorful the smoky tavern ham and bacon made it. The cheese and crusty bread should have come with razz cherry marmalade but didn't and I forgot to ask. Next time I'd like to sit at the counter since there you could watch the chefs preparing meals and that would be entertaining especially since everything being served looked delicious. Glad some local beers on tap, but would've liked a few more. Private dining room had nice local pics, but main room could benefit from some local color.Special Features:
- Plenty to be Arrogant AboutGEMSTONEVIPDined on 6/5/2014Plenty to be Arrogant about. The service is great. The food is great. It's a cool restaurant in a great location. It's worth the trip just to experience it.Special Features:
- Yumblakkat84Dined on 6/4/2014Delicious food. Must have the pretzels with cheese fondue. I had their soup of the day, chicken noodle, Delicious. Our waiter was quite busy with several tables so we didn't see him much, but he was friendly and we got food and drinks in a timely manner.Special Features:
- We were Amazed!AZJamiesDined on 6/1/2014We were amazed. The restaurant was packed since there was a Billy Joel concert that night. Through it all we were seated immediately at our reservation time. Service was prompt, attentive, friendly and efficient. The food was very good and we continue to find this an excellent spot for a meal prior to events downtown and in the US Airways arena.Special Features:
- First TimerLittleLindaDined on 5/31/2014Found you on Internet, Greatest Find!!!! Everything from the minute we walked in through Drinks, Dinner, Conversation, Everything was EXCELLANT!!!!Our Waiter, Bryan was Fantastic. The Manager Jamie came and sat down and took the time to visit... We can't wait to go back!!! We were there Saturday May 31, 2014.w are either coming in this Wed. June 4,2014 or Sat. June 7th... MMMmmmmmm good!!!!!Special Features:
- Great FoodKdef808Dined on 5/30/2014This is a very hip and upscale place, the food is pricey but worth it. Everything we ordered was absolutely delicious !!! We will be going again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre & Post Game Destination Point!tedmanjrDined on 5/30/2014Whether you're going to a Suns, D-Backs, or Rattler's game, the Arrogant Butcher is the perfect way to start or end to a sporting activity. In the mood for cocktails, hors d'oeuvres, lunch or dinner with that special someone, family or with friends? - the Arrogant Butcher has got you covered! It's a 5 star experience each and every time.Special Features:
- Great mealFoodluvrDined on 5/26/2014Our first visit and we loved it. Scallops, tortelli, and pork were all delicious. Fun atmosphere and not too loud for good conversation. Service was great.Special Features:
- First timercuriousforgoodfoodDined on 5/24/2014Had a wonderful dinner. Staff is amazing and most definitely we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cause for celebrationPleasurefor2Dined on 5/24/2014The arrogant butcher fulfilled our expectations. We had attempted to dine there several weeks ago, prior to attending a musical. At that occasion, the waiting without reservation would have been 2.5 hours. Intrigued to find out, what would inspire guests to overcrowd the restaurant in such a manner, we made a reservation. We were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Crab legsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/22/2014I've lived on the east coast and enjoyed these crab legs as much as any I've had. Good beer list - Deschutes fresh squeezed IPA alone was worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 709 reviews are from the The Arrogant Butcher reviews archive.
- Not What I ExpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/16/2014I thought the restaurant would be a little more upscale than it is ... really just a few cuts above a higher level fast food restaurant. Food was good and better than most bar food restaurants.
- Good Phx VibesGarfieldVIPDined on 5/14/2014I loved the location; great ambiance inside and out. Wasn't sure if being in downtown PHX was going to be good; especially right on the street across from the arena and with trolley rolling by; but glad I was wrong. Great food and drink choices. Appetizers ran the gamut and lots of entree choices; varying but extremely well done. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meats n cheeses with drinks.noloveDined on 5/13/2014Chill small plates before the diamondback game! Perfect location downtown. Hostess was nice and fast. Food came out quickly and outdoor and bar atmosphere was fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GOOD!trishDined on 5/13/2014We attend the Arrogant Butcher several times a month, for business lunches, birthday celebrations, or just for some pretzels and it has always been good. Good Service. Good Food.Special Features:
- Mothers Day Dinnerweekenddiners1Dined on 5/11/2014My mother and I went here for dinner on Mothers Day. Our waiter was Brian who was the best waiter, he was very friendly, professional, and answerd all the questions. The atmosphere is very warning. The food is very good the portions are small but the quality is good. This is not a restaurant that I would go to everyday but for special occasions it is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day was greatelderoglesDined on 5/11/2014This was our first time at AB and we were very satisfied! My wife and children had a great time and the food was great. We love all of the Fox Concept eateries.Special Features:
- Awesome service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed our Mother's Day lunch. The service was excellent and the food was good. While the menu was limited in scope, the quality was exceptional.Special Features:
- Very very goodMandIDined on 5/11/2014Our waiter was fantastic and knew what he was talking about. Went out of his way to find out if my husband could have a steak at 12 in the afternoon when they usually don't start serving them until 4! Excellent excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night with the fiance!raisa0610Dined on 5/10/2014Outdoor seating was great - good people watching views and cool breeze in the evening - our reservation was at 7:15. We were seated promptly, server waited our table on time. Had the oysters and cheesy doughball fondue (i forget what this was really called on the menu) for appetizers. Both were satisfactory. I've had better oysters - but reminded myself we were in Arizona, not San Francisco or Hawaii anymore! Entrees: I ordered the filet mignon, cooked rare - it was delicious. Fiance had the stew by high recommendation from our server - but it was nothing to write back home about... so a little disappointing. Overall a pleasant experience - but I probably wouldn't go back - a ton of other restaurants we have yet to explore!Special Features:
- Great every time!ErniesLunchieDined on 5/9/2014The Arrogant Butcher is a great place to eat. Good food and friendly workers make the experience worthwhile. I recommend the pretzel and fondue appetizer and any of the sandwhiches. Yum!Special Features:
- Arrogant Butcher- AB-OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014Although the service was great, the food was over cooked. I got the cheeseburger and it tasted more like burnt meat then it should have. The fondue was stand out winner for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/8/2014I've been to the Arrogant Butcher quite a few times for lunch and twice for happy hour and I'm always very happy with the food and service! Like my title says - it's a great place!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/6/2014This is one of my favorites places to eat lunch. I ordered the steak cobb and asked for the steak medium rare and it arrived well done, I asked the server if I may exchange it for my initial request and 'with a smile and no fuss' took away my plate and brought a new dish with the steak perfectly cooked. Overall the salad was delicious and fresh and the buttermik dressing tasted homemade. Thank you!Special Features:
- My new favorite spot to show offGood5oodDined on 5/3/2014The food was wonderful. Not your typical chain restaurant. I like the experience, food, atmosphere. I will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimemikidDined on 5/3/2014This was our first visit to the Arrogant Butcher, but we already have plans to return. The food was amazing! Ihighnly recommend the steak and the caramel pudding was devine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnicornSLealRxDined on 5/3/2014Fun place. Great food. Super service. Atomic horseradish. Can't beat that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner w/ friendsbbird79Dined on 5/1/2014Food was great from presentation to taste. Also, the drinks were not watered down like you find at many restaurants. Awesome service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as usual.manderineDined on 4/26/2014Delicious food, always great service. This is one of our date night stops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeschillingkat4Dined on 4/25/2014This place is always great. The food is unique and delicious. This is a perfect place for a date night or a night out downtown with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitDEC424Dined on 4/25/2014The restaurant offers a great experience. The service was friendly and pleasant . The servers know and understand the menu and can answer questions. The salmon appetizer was excellent. The steaks were done perfectly and the cocktails were creative. You can catch your favorite sport on the many televisions or be in the dinning room away from them. There was an excellent energy from the bar and the restaurant had a fun atmosphere . Would definitely recommend .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Jambalaya everDivaDeeDined on 4/18/2014The portions are enough for two on the jambalaya, if dining alone, take home the rest. Lots of eat in the dish, just like we do at home. Fabulous dish. Fish and chips got rave reviews also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to catch up...JayInAZDined on 4/16/2014Met an old high school friend here that I haven't seen in 25 yrs. The hostess staff was very friendly. We sat outside. The weather was great, Noise levels were fine. We could talk without raising our voices. The wait staff was patient and gracious as we spent more time talking than reviewing the menu. We ordered the pretzel bites for an appetizer. Warm and chewy with a nice cheese dipping sauce. I ordered the jambalaya, my friend, the sea bass. Both tasted very good. Quality ingredients. Portions were ample. Wait staff was equally gracious on the trailing end as we sat for quite some time talking after the check was paid. Great food, great service. Close to several other downtown destinations. It's worth stopping in...several times.Special Features:
- Great food but a little noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2014The food was fantastic. We had some trouble getting in since one hostess was busy flirting with a guy trying to seat a party of 12 walkins and the other seemed to be writing the great American novel on the hostess station computer. Tom the server was great though and, other than the noise level, everything else was great. Since the dining room is open to the bar area, the noise just carries right over. There were several people commenting on the noise level there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had my usual turkey pastramiOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/11/2014I had my usual turkey pastrami w/cole slaw and swiss cheese on the sandwich. It was moist, full of flavor and one of my favorite dishes that never disappoints. However, I will try the salmon entree next time, another diner was having the dish and it looked very, very good....stay tuned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday must have!NycjennVIPDined on 4/10/2014The Thursday special of fried chicken is delicious- honey dipped, generous portion and perfectly prepared. Zuchinni fritters and fondue pretzels were also delicious. Affordable prices, close to convention center and ball park.Special Features:
- Good service for lunchElaineDined on 4/8/2014Several of us had the Jambalaya and it was a bit spicy but still very good... I would order it again... Our server was very attentive as well...Special Features: