8050 Bodega Avenue
Sebastopol, CA 95472Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.frenchgardenrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7078242030x
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Wed - Saturday 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
DINNER: Wed - Sunday 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
BRUNCH: Sunday 10:00 am-2:00 pm
HAPPY HOUR: Wed-Fri 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Arturo Guzman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: If you are looking for a private space for that birthday party, wedding rehearsal dinner, reception or business meeting. We have just the place for you. Whether your party is 20 or 150, whether you want a buffet or a five course meal, we are ready to serve you. The party has just begun, so join us when you can for a treat you won’t forget.
- Private Party Contact: Debbie 7078242035x
- Entertainment: Some of the finest musicians in Sonoma County perform in the Bistro Bar every Friday and Saturday, 7-10 pm (and sometimes other nights) with no cover charge.
- Special Events: Please check our website for concerts and special events!
A word from French Garden
French Garden Restaurant features farm-to-plate dining in both elegant & casual settings. Executive Chef Arturo Guzman creates French-inspired seasonal menus using daily harvested produce, herbs and culinary flowers from French Garden Farm, and the finest local meats, cheeses, and wild-caught fish. Enjoy beautiful patio dining, a private room for parties and special meetings, elegant dining areas for romantic dinners, as well as receptions, large parties, and weddings. The full bar offers a bistro menu, the finest local wines, beer, and signature drinks using fruits and herbs from our farm. There is also a cozy fireplace and live music on Friday and Saturday evenings with no cover charge.Continued
We look forward to serving you at French Garden.
We look forward to serving you at French Garden.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
French Garden - Best Restaurants in Sebastopol ›
French Garden reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (29)special occasion (24)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (21)romantic (19)good for groups (18)great for brunch (17)great for lunch (15)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Wake the Dead Rocked the Fr Garden.familyWTDDined on 11/3/2013The food and service was so perfect. The WTD was right to add the Garden to their short list of the sweetest spots to share the best Celtic rock happening today. I owned a restaurant for 5 years. I am critical, and so it was a great pleasure to eat here. When I saw a full room, I wondered how they would hold up. The Service was outstanding. The Show on time and flawless. This crew deserves recognition. I tipped well. What a night for Wake the Dead and their fans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unusual and truly outstandingBobCDined on 10/23/2013An unusual and truly outstanding restaurant. I recommend it to anyone who wants a delicious meal in great surrounding at a moderate price.Special Features:
- Fine dining in SebastopolBirthdayDinerDined on 10/19/2013The French Garden exceeded my expectations for a fine dining experience. The food was delicious, artfully presented, and reasonably priced. The portions were more than generous. The service was gracious. Overall, a superb experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FooddolphanbobVIPDined on 10/13/2013Once again, the food , flaovor, and quality shines through,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duck was not done enough andAlexDined on 10/5/2013Duck was not done enough and the noodles for the were casual for this price. No ambience (no music in the restaurant room)Special Features:
- First time = last timeTPOccidentalDined on 10/4/2013The food was satisfactory but, for high-priced dining experience, French Garden was a disappointment. Server was pleasant but incompetent (or perhaps inexperienced, in which case she needed much more training first). Problem after problem, from minor things (soup but no spoon, then a long time to get server's attention) to large (entrees took over an hour from when ordered to be served). Outdoor dining area is nice, but unfortunately close to a busy road. The ambiance lacked the appeal of several other places in the area, and we won't return.
- The best food EVERSoCoGiantsfanDined on 10/2/2013French Garden is a gem of a restaurant. The food is the star here, so if you're really into FOOD, go and go regularly. Make sure to order the mussels to start and the apple goat cheese salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestBon72Dined on 9/13/2013The friend I was with has many health issues and asked to eliminate the rosemary aioli from her hamburger, which was done. What she didn't realize was that there was a considerable amount of garlic in the hamburger itself. She couldn't eat it for fear it would cause stomach problems. It worked out alright, however, when she was able to finish my Wild King Salmon dish (which was delicious, by the way). I ate the other half of her hamburger and found there was, indeed, too much garlic. It was delicious, but tasted the garlic the rest of the day. My suggestion is to back off on some of the garlic. Will be back on Monday with other friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch is good but...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2013I have been to French Garden a few times for dinner. The service and food has always been excellent. Lunch on the other hand I had a different experience. I took a friend here for her birthday. The service was a bit slow regarding paying my bill. I had to ask someone to take my card to pay my bill. My hamburger was good while my friends BLT did not have much flavor. There were some lettuce that was not the freshest. Overall...our experience was fair and I do not think I would not return for lunch. Yet, this was my first experience to have lunch there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy But Would ReturnOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2013The food as always was outstanding and very well presented. Service was "middle of the road" with not much attendance before or after the food was delivered. We poured most of our wine ourselves and when the waitress did pour she poured in the guys glasses only one one occasion. Timeline between salad and entree was much too tight. Although it didn't appear as such they could have been understaffed. The noise level became unmanageable as the restaurant filled up (good news on a Monday) as there isn't much in the way of the styling that absorbs sound. I would return but have to walk in expecting the noise issue. Great ambiance to the place.Special Features:
- My husband and I enjoyed theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2013My husband and I enjoyed the experience and our dinner was outstanding! Loved the live music playing in lounge (Friday night). Only dislike was we felt like the dinner prices were a little overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprized!1000rpmDined on 8/5/2013My husband and I are always looking for fabulous food at local eateries (we shun the chains) so we were very pleased with our whole experience at French Garden. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, and the food from the mussels appetizer through the main courses of scallops and pork loin, on to dessert were not only very ample portions and delicious, but were beautifully presented. We will be back, and several friends will be going there as a result of our raving.Special Features:
- Great Apple PancakesrubyscoobyDined on 8/4/2013The apple pancakes made from local Gravenstein apples was great. My husband ordered the corned beef hash with Mole sauce and it came without sauce. When asked the server went to get some but then came back and said they did not have any. Seems like she should have mentioned it when we ordered. He said his was ok but not great. We booked it due to the outdoor patio where we could sit with our dog. It looks lovely but is right on the street which is noisy. We opted to sit inside as it was cold and loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experiencebink007Dined on 8/2/2013Our third time here proved to be just as good as the first. The service is quite good, the staff knowledgeable and the menu presents many great options. The duck was superb. If you dine in the bar on Friday nights, you can listen to local artists who never disappoint.Special Features:
- great finddidiDined on 7/30/2013Salad in an edible apple basket. Beautiful and delicious. Lots of flowers on the patio and many choices for quiet dining inside. Waitress allowed me to sample wine before ordering a glass. They also let me have the ice cream that was featured with another dessert rather than choosing what was offered on the menu. We will return.Special Features:
- Outstanding!FoodieVIPDined on 7/24/2013Organic, clean French food. Who knew? Truly delightful food. I wish this restaurant was in St. Helena!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/22/2013The rack lamb on creamy polenta was one of the most delicious dinners I have had, and I have had MANY! The staff accomodated my request for special seating due to hearing issues, and was most attentive throughout the evening. Wine portion was generous and my dining partners who had the special loved it. Great restaurant and very consistent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch on July 4th WeekendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2013Fabulous outdoor dining with exceptional food, wine and service. Completely satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food of the tripLovesGreatFoodDined on 7/2/2013My wife and I were on an 11 day vacation to central California and wine country. This was the best restaurant of the trip. Everything was amazing!! I can't imagine finding a bad dish here. We even got 2 desserts because it was all so amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nearly PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2013I have been to the French Garden twice for brunch on the patio and have had excellent service, food and drinks. The garden patio is lovely and everyone from hostess to busboy was friendly and efficient. The only thing that keeps me from labeling the French Garden "perfect" is nothing to do with the restaurant but just that it is on the road to the coast with quite a bit of motor vehicle traffic. The traffic noise level varies and really only the trucks and motorcycles are loud. There are many trees and plants to help with that and the overall atmosphere is so pleasant that the patio's location will never keep me from enjoying a meal there. My out of state guest can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet cozy birthdayRoute44Dined on 6/27/2013We recently had lunch at The French Garden on a warm afternoon. Many patrons were taking advantage of the outdoor courtyard, but we chose to remain inside and it was a delight! The Goat Cheese salad in an edible caramelized apple bowl was nothing short of fantastic! Refreshing and vibrant, sweet and tasty and the Humboldt Fog Goat Cheese was dreamy. Service and Ambience with a capital A! Thanks everybody for making our lunch outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant. WhiteSatisfiedVIPDined on 6/26/2013Love this restaurant. White table cloth elegance with down to earth service and excellent food.Special Features:
- Awesome, amazing, loved it!SoCoGiantsfanDined on 6/23/2013The food here is spectacular. That's all you need to know. It's perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, both mainOakmontboomer49Dined on 6/22/2013Delicious food, both main course and dessert - nice presentation, comfortable patio area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place; terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2013We had 1:30 reservations for a birthday lunch. We ordered appetizers and our main meals at 1:45. When the appetizers were served we told the waitress not to wait to bring the main dishes, as we had to leave by 3p.m. Our main courses did not appear until 2:45, after we had to track down the waitress and found out the chef had not yet begun to assemble our salads. Hard to believe we had less than 15 minutes to enjoy our lunch, and no time for a birthday candle! Very disappointing.
- We get what we expect fromOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013We get what we expect from this restaurant, very good food and service but at a price. We use for special occassions and are always satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful presentation withEHF123Dined on 6/15/2013beautiful presentation with micro greens and tiny pansies on the great appetizers. For entrees we had the vegan napoleon with cauliflower sauce which was delightful; the swordfish with risotto which was delicious, and the monkfish on lentils which was a little disappointing - but only because monkfish always has an odd texture. A lovely meal in a lovely setting outside on the patio. A little bit of noise from the road, but nothing that interrupted conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite restaurant!ShoshanaVIPDined on 6/10/2013Last night's dinner was the best I've eaten in literally years, and that's saying a lot!! I travel internationally and eating at wonderful restaurants is a delicious habit. I tried the prix fixe menu and my tastebuds were jumping for joy all the way through the three courses. They were beautiful (I should have taken pictures), and so yummy I had no words. Just kept groaning with delight!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. Michelle,PrinceDined on 6/9/2013Excellent food. Michelle, our server, did a superb job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the veggiesJohnBVIPDined on 6/2/2013My wife and a friend of ours had a Thursday dinner here, outside. I'm giving the food five stars because the crab salad and the portobello mushroom entry (a special) were stellar. My duck breast was a bit chewy, but the accompanying vegetables and rice were also excellent. Other than that, I note that outside dining is great, but it's too bad the patio is so close to the road. Other minor complaints (but yes, I do recommend this place highly) - my wife asked that the salad be split, and also the dessert, and in neither case was this done (or, the equivalent, bringing us two smaller plates so we could split it ourselves).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseDonaldDined on 5/30/2013My wife searched online for a spot we could for our anniversary celebration. The French Garden showed that it had vegan options, which was perfect for me. Anyway, the place was a nice find because the food was beautifully presented and delicious. We sat outside because the temperature was so nice. The street runs in front of the outdoor dining, but it was not too loud and still a very lovely setting. Just walking through the inside of the restaurant I could tell it was very nice too. A great place for a couple to have a delicious meal and glass of wine. Excellent service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best foodBevBuzzDined on 5/25/2013I knew this place was good, but I felt like I was opting for 2nd best not taking my out-of-town wine-touring guests to the best restaurant in Sonoma County. Well, I've changed what I think is the best. It's French Garden. Absolutely mouth-watering amazing fresh yummy food. My guests said it was the best duck they've had in their whole life & they're in their 70's. It was the best steak I ever had. Ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet but slowSonomaroseDined on 5/19/2013we celebrated a birthday and decided to eat in the dining room instead of the bar so that it would be quieter. We had not been there on a Sunday before and it was not busy. the food was really good but the service was very slow. I think they had to cook the duck twice. There was only one other couple in the dining room and they were going to set us right next to them. They moved us when requested without any fuss. It was a good time with good food. Yes, we would go again as it is close and a lovely environment.Special Features:
- Well worth the priceLilyDined on 5/19/2013Everything we orderes for brunch was exquisite. Beautiful outdoor seating with gorgeous garden. Great service. We had four children with us and sat at the back side of the patio and they were free to roam and explore in a safe/closed environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, music & gardenluvfoodVIPDined on 5/18/2013Food was executed well. We chose to eat at the bar/bistro area where a band was playing. The garden area was pretty & also relaxing place for dinner, but for those wanting a more formal atmosphere where it is quieter for nice conversation the dining room is perfect. A good restaurant with 3 distinctly different places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overblown!!!Holmes786Dined on 5/12/20131. They did not have our reservations on the list.. 2. Food was mediocre. Nothing to rave about. Standard dishes. 3. Sarcastic waitress. I do not have to put up with attitude from a waitress that most probably makes minimum wage and out of high school.!! 4.Music. Felt like a funeral home. 5. Expected more from all the "great' recommendations. Holmes786.
- best mother's day brunch ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/12/2013I took my wife and her aunt to this restaurant for Mother's Day Brunch this past Sunday. We had a 130pm reservation. We choose an outdoor table as it was a beautiful day! The selection of food was fantastic........the quality excellent. They maintained the quantity of food throughout the day. The service was fast, and most pleasant! We could not have been happier. The price was an outstanding value at $39 per adult. Exceeded expectations!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant, Relaxed LunchTresbon1Dined on 4/30/2013I took my sister there for a birthday lunch and we enjoyed a delicious meal of very fresh food. We had the artichoke with aoili, accompanied with micro greens, that was very tasty, just needed a little more sauce with it. Then we shared the fish tacos that were presented on an attractive plate of sauces, shredded cabbage, avocado and lemon, just right for sharing. Our wine selection was a local pinot gris,refreshing for a warm afternoon. We sat under a huge cypress (?) tree that provided a perfect amount of shade and breeze. Service was very attentive...just one little detail in that our waitress mentioned that the kitchen was a great distance away. It was uncertain if she was complaining or excusing herself for the time it took...awkward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A total gem in every wayShoshanaVIPDined on 4/28/2013I was so delighted with the excellent service and fabulous food. I'm not usually a "fries" girl, but these were so delicious I ate every single one. All the dishes were also beautiful - the salad was sprinkled with bright yellow flower petals! I'll be returning many times to this restaurant.Special Features:
- While to food was very good,MichaelWDined on 4/27/2013While to food was very good, the service staff shined. From the hostess to the busstaff, you felt like you were in a friend's home for dinner. Alway smiling and engaging, the staff were well versed on the cuisine and the ingredients. Truly a pleasurable experience and one that I will be repeating soon.Special Features: