8050 Bodega Avenue
Sebastopol, CA 95472Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.frenchgardenrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7078242030x
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Wed - Saturday 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
DINNER: Wed - Sunday 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
BRUNCH: Sunday 10:00 am-2:00 pm
HAPPY HOUR: Wed-Fri 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Arturo Guzman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: If you are looking for a private space for that birthday party, wedding rehearsal dinner, reception or business meeting. We have just the place for you. Whether your party is 20 or 150, whether you want a buffet or a five course meal, we are ready to serve you. The party has just begun, so join us when you can for a treat you won’t forget.
- Private Party Contact: Debbie 7078242035x
- Entertainment: Some of the finest musicians in Sonoma County perform in the Bistro Bar every Friday and Saturday, 7-10 pm (and sometimes other nights) with no cover charge.
- Special Events: Please check our website for concerts and special events!
A word from French Garden
French Garden Restaurant features farm-to-plate dining in both elegant & casual settings. Executive Chef Arturo Guzman creates French-inspired seasonal menus using daily harvested produce, herbs and culinary flowers from French Garden Farm, and the finest local meats, cheeses, and wild-caught fish. Enjoy beautiful patio dining, a private room for parties and special meetings, elegant dining areas for romantic dinners, as well as receptions, large parties, and weddings. The full bar offers a bistro menu, the finest local wines, beer, and signature drinks using fruits and herbs from our farm. There is also a cozy fireplace and live music on Friday and Saturday evenings with no cover charge.Continued
We look forward to serving you at French Garden.
We look forward to serving you at French Garden.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
French Garden - Best Restaurants in Sebastopol ›
French Garden reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)great for outdoor dining (34)fit for foodies (27)romantic (27)great for brunch (22)neighborhood gem (22)great for lunch (19)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (12)notable wine list (12)late-night find (4)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (2)Show More
- We had a delightful time.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2014We had a delightful time. Very good service; it was very relaxing, and the food was delicious. We look forward to going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of a placeHappyDined on 3/23/2014A charming place with live music. Not a bad seat in the house to listen to the music. Service was excellent and the food was good. I would try their seafood the next time. Do not over order like someone I know. The main dish is enough. It come with veggies and some form of starch. Parking is not a problem. I would come back for another performance which is quite reasonable($18.00) per person.Special Features:
- Best meal yet herejaz2020VIPDined on 3/22/2014We make 3-5 trips a yr to Sonoma Cty: love the food and scenery. Have eaten here more often than anywhere else; both lunch and dinner, alone and with friends. Food can be erratic but service is always top notch and atmosphere relaxing, especially at lunch when it's less full. But this time, lunch was absolutely flawless: charcuterie plate, French onion soup, goat cheese apple salad (so beautiful!), fish'n'chips, burger was amazing (and we are burger fanatics). Desserts were all excellent: apple galette, pumpkin creme brulee, caramel flan. Our friends loved this place! This meal was the equal of Bouchee/Carmel--I just wish FG would be more consistent. Even so, they are always our pick for a nice lunch in Sonoma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent selection of dishes,CECISTANSDined on 3/16/2014excellent selection of dishes, outstanding and friendly wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My partner and 2 friends metScottieDined on 3/14/2014My partner and 2 friends met for my birthday dinner. We made a reservation for restaurant week - the food was delicious and the service outstanding. All in all, we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIgh qualityDrShaktiDined on 3/5/2014Everything about this restaurant experience was top notch: interesting menu choices, good wine selection, delicately prepared and beautifully presented food. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- another lovely evening.....EllenK22Dined on 3/2/2014My friend and I reserved a table to eat and see Kitka perform. Our table was right next to the stage - it was fabulous to be so intimately connected to an acoustic, a cappella ensemble. I've never seen the large dining room so packed, but when the singing was happening, the audience and servers were so respectfully quiet. The dining room was noisy when full, otherwise, but this was a festive occasion. The menu seemed limited, probably to make it easy for the wait staff and kitchen to take care of that many people in a short time, and they did, beautifully. The food/wine was delicious , as always. The French Garden; is a VERY SPECIAL OCCASION choice for me, as it is not inexpensive - but always worth the splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dining room, creativeBigfanDined on 3/1/2014Lovely dining room, creative kitchen, excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Dependable!!kasilmomDined on 2/28/2014We always know when we go to the French Garden that we will not be disappointed!!! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchkaythreeDined on 2/21/2014The only negative aspect about this restaurant is the noise from the street. We wish your lovely patio was on the side of the facility ^away from the street. Or, perhaps you could construct a charming rock wall to block the street noise--even if it was only 5 feet high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a valuable findgoodfoodgoodwineDined on 2/16/2014every aspect of the French Garden is a delight! I'm looking forward to my next visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the FoodWindsoriteDined on 2/15/2014We loved the food! My husband is a steak 'n potatoes type, but I love the organic greens and local fare. The ambience is nice and the staff is very pleasant. We've eaten here several times before and have always had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of our favoritesbigfanDined on 2/14/2014We eat out a lot in the full range of restaurants in Sonoma and Marin counties and the City. The French Garden is our favorite for the most special occasions. The food is very good, inventive and varied. We eat very healthly and avoid many common foods. This restaurant happily accommodates our style of eating in its menu and in its great willingness to modify its food for us. The tables are well separated and there is a lot of dining space so we've never felt burdened by neighboring tables. The outdoor eating area is a delight. Their wines are good and very reasonably priced for a restaurant like this. All this comes in a package that feels friendly and homey, with no pretense. They just plain get it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garden of DelightBrujoDined on 2/14/2014We went to the French Garden for Valentines Day. It was a prix-fixe dinner with several selections, but to be expected as most restaurants do this on this day. It was our first time there, so we really didn't have too many expectations. But, overall, the food was great! One selection, the pork medallions lacked some flavor and relied heavily on the cranberry sauce, so I would give it a C+. But everything else was A or A+! The services was perfect. The wine list was great, and we had a very nice time. It's definitely worth a second go! Yes, I would recommend.Special Features:
- ladies birthday lunchSashaDined on 2/12/2014Five old friends had a wonderful lunch at your beautiful restaurant. The food was yummy and the atmosphere was lovely. The waitress was so helpful and even served the cake we brought. It was a perfect afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gerber-Webster Show Best Ever!FogandSunDined on 1/26/2014This was hands-down the best show we have seen in a long time! And to experience it in the intimate venue of the French Garden made it most memorable. I am in awe of Nina Gerber...She deserves a big break-somebody sign her please!! And Chris Webster took us to another place---time after time....for an evening my wife and I will never forget! Michelle, our server is TOPS!Special Features:
- Dinner ShowNinaFanDined on 1/26/2014Very nice for the Nina Gerber dinner show. Didn't expect to spend so much for dinner though. Got out the door with a $175.00 bill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great group placementorsiegirlDined on 1/24/2014We had a beautiful table for five and great specials offered,Special Features:
- Had to go to Hopmonk for dinnerdolphanbobVIPDined on 1/22/2014I was seated at the Bar Bistro and was acknowledged quickly by Rachael. I waited 15 minutes still not receiveing even bread or water so I made a reservation at Hopmonk down the highway. Management needs to be involved since the server obviously had to many tables and was unable to serve the customers. I may or may not be back to this very good restaurant located close to home. Very Disappointed. If I had a choice no stars should be shown for service or food since none were received.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ryan's 16th Birthday4gr8diningDined on 1/17/2014Excellent in everyway, made the celebration very special, the food was exceptional, service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencemscamyersDined on 1/17/2014Two other friends and i went to celebrate one of their birthdays. Ate lunch out on the patio and had great service. Both of my friends were very impressed with the meal as well as the lovely surroundings of the restaurant. They are looking forward to visiting again.Special Features:
- My first time herelaurieDined on 1/16/2014And it was delicious. Beautiful atmosphere, bar looked inviting, dessert and first course the best. Nice drink selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years EvelocalDined on 12/31/2013Thanks givings buffet was excellent, the set menu for New Year's Eve was also excellent, the food was excellent, but the men left hungry. Every course was 1-4 bites except the main dish was maybe 10-15 bites. The chocolate dessert was excellent, but the scoop of moose & ice cream was the size of a melon ball and the chocolate cake was the exact size and shape of a domino. I believe in portion control for weight loss and health, but for that much money you shouldn't leave hungry. They also ran out of ice buckets for champagne. Warm champagne on New Years Eve?
- Disappointing New Year's...YMariePDined on 12/31/2013Food tastes were very good, but the good ended there, a food tasting, not dinner. The food pairings and sauces were very good, the quantities were insufficient and even the Menu gave a false idea of what you were going to receive on your plate. "Day Boat Scallops", was 1 scallop, definitely not plural; Roasted Quail was half a quail; Poached Lobster was the equivalent of meat from one claw, etc. Also, this would not be a place I would ever recommend for a special occasion dinner like New Year's, unless you were looking for a 1940's or earlier aged crowd. My parents were in from Florida and are older (early 70's) but even they found the evening clientele a little "Starlight Ballroom" and the Swingtet musically limited. Lunch only place.
- New Year's Eve bustSonyaniDined on 12/31/2013There was a "fancy" fixed menu for New Year's Eve...the three of us all ordered different things, and the overall feeling about each course was "meh"...occasionally "good". The only item that got a better than meh/good was the beef wellington, which was very good. Menu was greatly overpriced for the result...disappointed. Service was fine, support staff was great but our main waitress was a little strange and out of it (seemed distracted and spacey - and she wasn't busy yet). Will probably not be returning for dinner any time soon.
- Love The French Garden!cabaeonsDined on 12/28/2013I've been to the French Garden three times, and enjoyed each time immensely! They grow their own delicious organic greens. The flavors are wonderfully unique and the presentation is artful. Service is excellent. All in all, a most wonderful restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyablemscamyersDined on 12/22/2013We were celebrating December birthdays with friends. Had a very enjoyable brunch. And so nice that it is local. Food was very good. Everyone enjoyed their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantBonnieDined on 12/12/2013I have eaten at the French Garden a number of times and it has always been excellent. This last occasion was a holiday dinner with five girlfriends, none of whom had ever been there. Everyone really enjoyed the dinner and everything about the restaurant. It was a really wonderful evening. The service was great and the food presentation was amazing...almost too pretty to eat, but everyone managed to clean the plates. I would strongly recommend The French Garden.Special Features:
- Peaceful brunchSonyaniDined on 12/1/2013Despite that fact that they were hosting a very large birthday group in the other room (20+ I'd guess) our server was fast and friendly. We got our food quickly and all that was ordered was correct - and super delicious! I recommend the apple pancakes...as well as the Benedict (the lemony hollandaise sauce was fabulous, as were the potatoes). Overall a lovely brunch - will return!Special Features:
- Perfect anniversery dinnerBobGDined on 11/24/2013Great food. Service timing perfect. Tables not crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchcarolDined on 11/24/2013Had a great brunch with old friends who came in from out of town. Had the eggs florentine. Yum!Special Features:
- First time hereK48valDined on 11/22/2013We stayed at the Marriott for the weekend and their web site recommended 3 restaurants that were close by. The French Garden was the one we chose. We had a nice table (it was a little chilly because we were near the door). All the tables had candles. We had the soup du jour, a red pepper soup. Very good. We both chose the goat cheese salad, mine with salmon, my husband's with chicken. The salad was delicious. Interesting serving method with the goat cheese under the greens. The dressing was really good. We had the pumpkin creme de brulee which was okay. But before we left we asked our waitress for recommendations for places to see -- she was great -- we went to all that she recommended and we loved it. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Find in SebastopolGMfromPTownDined on 11/9/2013What a great discovery! While on our way up to Healdsburg for the weekend, we decided to stop in Sebastopol for some wine tasting and lunch. Not knowing too much about the dining scene in Sebastopol, we relied on the internet for some direction. Lo and behold, The French Garden turned out to be quite a find! On a sunny and not too crisp autumn day, the outdoor dining patio was perfect. Good selection of wines and a couple of nice California brews on tap as well. The salads were the highlight of the day, with a nice apple, cabbage, and walnut cole slaw to go along with the homemade potato chips and fish. The salads featured local, fresh greens and other produce. I would definitely recommend this spot and return without a doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/7/2013The prix fix menu is an outstanding value. The chicken and apple tart were incredible. Excellent duck, perfectly prepared. We were celebrating a birthday, and the entire experience was perfect. Excellent wait staff as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wake the Dead Rocked the Fr Garden.familyWTDDined on 11/3/2013The food and service was so perfect. The WTD was right to add the Garden to their short list of the sweetest spots to share the best Celtic rock happening today. I owned a restaurant for 5 years. I am critical, and so it was a great pleasure to eat here. When I saw a full room, I wondered how they would hold up. The Service was outstanding. The Show on time and flawless. This crew deserves recognition. I tipped well. What a night for Wake the Dead and their fans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unusual and truly outstandingBobCDined on 10/23/2013An unusual and truly outstanding restaurant. I recommend it to anyone who wants a delicious meal in great surrounding at a moderate price.Special Features:
- Fine dining in SebastopolBirthdayDinerDined on 10/19/2013The French Garden exceeded my expectations for a fine dining experience. The food was delicious, artfully presented, and reasonably priced. The portions were more than generous. The service was gracious. Overall, a superb experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FooddolphanbobVIPDined on 10/13/2013Once again, the food , flaovor, and quality shines through,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duck was not done enough andAlexDined on 10/5/2013Duck was not done enough and the noodles for the were casual for this price. No ambience (no music in the restaurant room)Special Features:
- First time = last timeTPOccidentalDined on 10/4/2013The food was satisfactory but, for high-priced dining experience, French Garden was a disappointment. Server was pleasant but incompetent (or perhaps inexperienced, in which case she needed much more training first). Problem after problem, from minor things (soup but no spoon, then a long time to get server's attention) to large (entrees took over an hour from when ordered to be served). Outdoor dining area is nice, but unfortunately close to a busy road. The ambiance lacked the appeal of several other places in the area, and we won't return.