52 Belden Place
San Francisco, CA 94104Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.btaverna.com/
- Phone: (415)986-8887x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Bar: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm & 3:30pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 6:00pm, Sunday 4:30pm - 6:30pm.
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Pino Spinoso
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Special Events: For our diners on New Year's Eve and Valentines day, we will be offering both a special set menu in addition to our normal menu along with tented entertainment.
- Cross Street: Kearny & Pine
- Public Transit: Montgomery BART/MUNI station. Centrally located in the Financial District, 5 minutes walking distance from Moscone Conference Center, and 7 minutes walking distance from Union Square Area.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Parking Options:Sutter - Stockton Garage at 330 Sutter St,San Francisco Ca, Open Daily 24 hours. Or Street Parking
A word from Belden Taverna
Belden Taverna is an Italian Steakhouse. The cuisine is a memorable blend of bold flavors and elegant refinement. We serve contemporary American classics, beautiful Mediterranean themed salads, fresh seafood dishes and we use nothing but California farm fresh produce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Belden Taverna - Best Restaurants in Financial District / Embarcadero ›
Belden Taverna reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (33)neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (12)great for lunch (11)special occasion (11)romantic (11)notable wine list (10)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- A Great Go-To PlaceFrancesKVIPDined on 4/5/2013Belden Lane is one of those places with a wonderful selection of foods. If I'm with a group and they don't seem to know what kind of food they want (not French, not Italian, not Spanish, etc), Beldern Traverna has always been able to deliver for me. Hearty foods as well as lighter fare have all been satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food! Tim took aGC140FBCVIPDined on 4/2/2013Terrific food! Tim took a long time to Get ours entrees, but service was great!Special Features:
- Had a birthday party for 14OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2013Had a birthday party for 14 and the service and food were excellent. We were able to be noisy without bothering anyone and I was able to order appetizers in advance so we could get out on time for a later event.Special Features:
- My friends at Open Table saidFryguyzDined on 3/21/2013My friends at Open Table said I would enjoy Belden Taverna and I certainly did and will come again next time I am in San Francisco!Special Features:
- Great foodmbehjh96Dined on 3/16/2013Great food, nice ambiance. A bit tricky to find, but a real neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2013We went to hear the trio that plays there often on the weekends. The music was outstanding, the food was great, the waitstaff was very friendly. It's such a cute place. Feels almost like a trip to Europe when you turn onto that street.Special Features:
- Everything was good for us,CamdonDined on 3/12/2013Everything was good for us, nothing exceptional. We had an early dinner and opted for the very reasonably prix fixe dinner. I started with meatballs and polenta: tasty but too heavy for a starter - more like a main course. My friend had the clam chowder, which was the best part of his meal. I had the salmon entree, nicely cooked with somewhat odd flavor combinations. Dusted with a sun dried tomato crust, served with a bit of roasted tomato, leeks and a caper sauce. I didn't enjoy the leeks and would have preferred more of the caper sauce and less tomato. My friend enjoyed the black peppered parpardelle. Lemon panna cotta was dull and flavorless. Sorbetto /gelato was safe and ordinary.
- Tasty dining, great proportionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/5/2013I recommend the kobe beef ribs. It melted in my mouth. Proportions were great. The ambience was classy but not pretentious.Special Features:
- Really Spotty ServiceMarcVIPDined on 2/22/2013I went with a large group. The first 3 wines we tried to order weren't in stock, although it took them 15 to 20 minutes to determine this. The food arrived after an hour and was barely even warm. I've eaten here three times and twice now the experience was disappointing. I likely won't be going back.
- Just OK.....kind of disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2013Lovely atmosphere, OK food and service (maybe it was just what I ordered). They ran out of what I had ordered and offered a higher-price steak selection substitution but did not offer it for the same price, but rather the actual price.....so that was disappointing. The wine list seemed limited for that kind of restaurant. The waiter was somewhat attentive, but didn't make me feel like I wanted to tip above the usual percentage of 18%. Not sure if I'll go back unfortunately.Special Features:
- Friendly service and a fundOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/31/2013Friendly service and a fund evening for a 10 person groupSpecial Features:
- I went a little late so quietPerfectDined on 1/31/2013I went a little late so quiet but very nice service and enjoyed the food so much.Special Features:
- Tried Belden Taverna duringOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/31/2013Tried Belden Taverna during Dine About Town and it was fantastic. Lots of food (3-course meal) and it was really good. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Decent restaurant in BeldenOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/26/2013Decent restaurant in Belden Lane in San Francisco. If you are sitting downstairs, there is music, which gives a nice ambiance. Larger groups can be accommodated as well. The menu is sort of a mixed bag of cuisines, leaning toward Italian. The food overall was very good, tasty. The only negative was that the whole menu contained only one vegetarian dish. However the waitress was kind enough to offer that the kitchen could make a vegetarian version of some of the dishes, which we appreciated.Special Features:
- Very good food, but allowJonFVIPDined on 1/18/2013Very good food, but allow lots of time for a business lunch. It took us 1:45 from seated to paid check and they didn't seem that busy. Waiter kinda disappeared for a long time. He blamed "dine about town." We didn't buy it.
- Long lunch?TTSFVIPDined on 1/18/2013A group of 10 of us came for Dine About Town lunch. The food was excellent, our entire group was very happy with their meals, however the service was very slow and erratic. The server (and the busser) would clear our plates mid course when others were still eating, and even came mid-main and took away one of our group's knife and bread place because she hadn't used them. It was very disruptive and we all noticed it. We also had to wait for about 20 minutes to get our check even though they had hurriedly cleared our desserts. All in all - The food was great. The service, not so much.Special Features:
- Very good food and terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/16/2013Very good food and terrific service. This is a terrific spot for lunch.Special Features:
- Wonderful service - enjoyedmarionfVIPDined on 1/16/2013Wonderful service - enjoyed the "Dine About Town" - great value!Special Features:
- Overall my experience hereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/12/2013Overall my experience here was great! Had a group of 7, and although it was a little difficult to find and the location was in an alley, it was a great find. The feel of the restaurant gave a home feeling. Live music plays here which is a big bass and small guitar, that made the night. Waitstaff was courteous and always attentive to our table. Always had a great recommendation for appetizers and was happy we were eating there. Would definitely go back to it again!Special Features:
- A lunch favorite of mine,delicioVIPDined on 1/11/2013A lunch favorite of mine, Belden Taverna offers a great selection of quality dishes that never disappoint.Special Features:
- Good but COLD on 2nd Floor!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/10/2013We were on the second floor and there were portable heaters plugged in for us. We all sat in our coats throughout the meal. Would suggest (if it's cold outside) whether your reservation will be on the second floor. If so, go elsewhere. All other aspects of the dining experience were favorable.Special Features:
- Friendly service: check GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/4/2013Friendly service: check Great ambiance: check Wonderful live music: check Delicious food: check, check, check!Special Features:
- The only downside was thatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2013The only downside was that the floor we were on (floor 2) had zero heating. It was actually warmer outside than it was inside
- The homemade raviolis wereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2012The homemade raviolis were out of this world... had the cheese & ricotta + lobster/crab. Better than grandmas home-made! The covered alleyway was great fun and it felt like you were dining somewhere in Europe. Nice experience!Special Features:
- Though initially they wereBribuDined on 12/31/2012Though initially they were trying to seat us outside right next to the very busy walkway (new years eve coming and going), after insisting to be inside to hear the band, our request was accommodated, ironically it was colder inside than out. We had to keep,our jackets on the whole time. We had a dozen of oysters to start, of which 9 tasted on the verge of bad, but our main courses were tasty, tender short ribs, salmon and a juicy New York steak with delicious side dishes of mashed potatoes, spinach and asparagus. The warm chocolate cake was o.k. Overall, the food is a little overpriced. I hope a part of it goes to the band since they played some very good jazz.Special Features:
- I really enjoyed Belden Taverna.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/12/2012I really enjoyed Belden Taverna. Stuck in traffic, I appreciated staff taking good care of my friends who arrived well before me. As others have noted the inside is quite noisy, and we opted for very enjoyable outdoor seating. Though they were out of a couple of items on the menu, I actually appreciate restaurants not overbuying, thus leading to waste. We enjoyed our meals - Pear Salad, Oysters, Bouillabaise, Hamburger with Blue Cheese (though less blue cheese would have been better). Belden Taverna is one of my daughter's favorites, and I needed gift certificates. I will say this is the only time I've ever purchased a restaurant gift certificate and been charged tax AND city surcharge! Hope my daughter's not charged again!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/10/2012We had a wonderful dinner for our large party & got to sit outside in the alley way, where it was quite warm for December. Food was excellent, as was the service.Special Features:
- Upstairs was set up for largerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/8/2012Upstairs was set up for larger groups. We were a group of 8. It is very loud upstairs, sound reverberates around the room. Service was slow 45 minutes to get appetizer and salad that three people had ordered. Then another 20 minutes after the appetizers for dinner to arrive. When we arrived at 6:30 dinner reservation very few people were in the restaurant. When we left at 8:20 it was packed.
- Great neighborhood resturanthappydinerDined on 11/3/2012Great neighborhood resturant but worth a destination dine as well!
- I would not expect a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2012I would not expect a good restaurant in a side street. It reminded me of a bistro in old Italy.Special Features:
- Totally Professional & ComfortableCurtisDined on 10/23/2012Belden Taverna went out of their way to make me comfortable when I accidentally showed up early for my date. Instead of making me feel unwelcome, they put me at a table, brought me a water, and checked on me a couple times over the 30 minutes before my company arrived. Later, when we ordered and ate, I was impressed by the ambiance and by the professionalism of the staff. This is a beautiful little restaurant and they're 100% on top of their service game. I would recommend this spot to anyone who wants to impress a friend, romantic interest, or colleague, without looking heavy-handed.Special Features:
- Late night disappointment.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/20/2012We had a 9pm reservation, so the crowd was minimal. The server normally worked the lunch crowd, so he wasn't familiar with the dinner menu, which made it a little frustrating. They were also out of several menu items which seemed odd only at 9. After dinner was over, we asked for coffee and they said that the pot was empty and they didn't plan on making more. We were forced into paying more for cappuccinos. We wont be going back.
- We went there for a birthdayBacchus2530Dined on 10/19/2012We went there for a birthday party. At the last minute we had two friends who decided to join us. The staff at Taverna handled this request graciously, I know how tough it is to rearrange tables at the last second. The hostess was a hit with our table and made sure we had everything we needed to make the celebration perfect. Food was delicious, carpacio was nicely seasoned and our entrees were a great size (8oz fillet).Special Features:
- Three times the waiter broughtOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/12/2012Three times the waiter brought the wrong bottle of wine. I have no clue how he could not only get the name wrong, but with each wine numbered, he couldn't even get the number right - after repeating it to me. Service was clumsy. The hostess kept touching my shoulder, though I was on a date. Awkward. Service aside, the food was solid, and the weather perfect. Tables outside are too close together, but that's par for the entire street.Special Features:
- Really nice varied menu.DWinSFVIPDined on 10/9/2012Really nice varied menu. Short ribs, beef stroganoff were a nice change of pace and delicious. Even offer roast rabbit. Very nice wait staff and attentive hostess.Special Features:
- Not Bad.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/5/2012We were seated right away (inside at our request), but it was several minutes before our server greeted us while we sat there taking in the scenery. The restaurant itself is quite small with a bar that runs the length on one wall and seating along the opposite wall. At the front there was a two piece jazz band playing some cool renditions of popular songs (Blondie's Call Me) making it quite loud, but not in an unpleasant way. I ordered a Caipirinha to drink...refreshing! The carpaccio appetizer was alright, my man praised his meal, the chicken breast, while I found my pork chop too salty and a little too pink. I liked the vibe and would go again, I would just try something else off the menu.Special Features:
- Really you out of that too?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012Dined on a Friday night at 8:00 PM. Four items on menu were 86'd already. My Mother order the fish special, only to find that that was 86'd as well. After we finished our meal the waiter kindly asked if there was anything else. My Sister requested cancelling the mussels appetizer she ordered since we were done eating. I did not request Manager, since I was too ashamed I picked this place as my last meal during my wonderful visit to San Francisco. Dined at La Folie on Wednesday. Absolutely amazing experience. Should have gone back. Thank you Open table for opportunity to vent. You are excellent service. First time user. Ricardo Ontiveros RN
- I've heard great things aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/31/2012I've heard great things about the Belden Pl Restaurants, and decided to try out Belden Taverna first. I was not disappointed! The prices are very doable compared to restaurants in Union Square that serve food of half the quality. The interior was cozy- The bar takes up about half the space of the dining room, giving it a warm tavern-ey trattoria kind of feel. . Outside seating was available, and there were heaters to cut through the SF chill. Dont have space to cover all the food, but I have to say this place served me the best pork chop I have ever eaten! The thing was the size of my head, and it was delicate, moist...my mouth is drooling as I type, Jeez... Served atop goat cheese mashed potatoes and a balsamic reduction- Well worthSpecial Features:
- Food was good. 21 person birthdaysbrannickVIPDined on 7/26/2012Food was good. 21 person birthday party in the room with us was crazy loud. Service was pretty on it. Would recommend for sure.Special Features:
- Good, but slowCarolVIPDined on 7/16/2012A group of us from work came here for a welcome lunch. The place had only about two other tables of guests. Although the food was very good, it took a very long time to get served. It's so frustrating to be in an empty restaurant and have to wait over 30 minutes to get your lunch order. This has happened before at Belden Taverna. We would have ordered dessert, but there was no time as we had to rush back to work. Unfortunately, I probably won't go back for lunch again, because I never have that much time to kill.