3512 Connecticut Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20008Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.indique.com/
- Phone: 2022446600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:45pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:15pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pakistani, Indian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering(off-site) for parties from 75 to 1000
- Private Party Facilities: Lunch only - Parties from 30 to 75
- Private Party Contact: K. N. Vinod 2022446600
A word from Indique
Indique is coined by combining India and the unique. The two-story courtyard is bordered by carved white marble railings. Bold colors and rich fabric lend a refined yet casual ambience to the inviting space. Stark white stylish tableware works as the canvas for the artful creations of the kitchen. Appearances and flavors are given equal attention and both excel. Appetizers, named First Tastes draw on traditional Indian favorites and contemporary innovations like tapas or meze and served on small plates. Tandoor specialties shine here with rare coastal seafood and regional dishes from the south of India. Attentive service complements the sophisticated kitchen. **For parties larger than 4 people, please book through the restaurant website; www.indique.com **Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerIndian
Indique - Best Restaurants in Cleveland Park ›
Indique reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (55)fit for foodies (46)romantic (24)special occasion (22)great for outdoor dining (20)good for groups (16)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Standard Indian food w/cute decorchicagodcdinerVIPDined on 10/13/2013Had a good meal. Standard Indian food, nothing special. We in Capitol Hill, so we wouldn't come back because it wasn't anything special, but if we lived nearby, we probably would. The inside decor and ambiance was cute. Service was not terrible, but rather inattentive and slow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strong Indian optionDoubleJDined on 10/11/2013Better food than most, though your dish will reliably include a bit more oil than is optimal. Always excellent service. Salmon sliders are a top neighborhood appetizer. Tables slightly too close together along the big wall upstairs -- ask for one overlooking the 2-story entry.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeCzarDined on 10/10/2013I recently took my wife here for our anniversary. We both love Indian food, but we were blown away by the quality. This is easily our favorite restaurant in the area!Special Features:
- Great Indian Foodluv2eatVIPDined on 10/8/2013This has become a staple for this type of cuisine. Easy access by Metro. Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!KLMNDined on 10/4/2013Went with a friend who was in from out of town. We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service were goodPGH93Dined on 9/27/2013The food was very good, and importantly they were very accommodating to my friend who had a broken leg. They seated us up front. As requested. Gave us space for her "scooter". Did not rush us and were very polite. It is very attractive and not too noisy. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceArnoldDined on 9/20/2013Our waiter was slow; otherwise, it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prompt preparationGuidoVIPDined on 9/17/2013Indique offers a nice assortment of traditional Indian dishes in a comfortable and appropriately priced setting. I appreciated the prompt and attentive service. The wine list is above average, as are the custom cocktails. I have dined here multiple times with consistent results.
- Best visit yet!deerobeatsDined on 9/14/2013I've dined here many times, and was less and less impressed each time...until last night! Best meal I've had here, hands down. Is the chef new? Excellent aloo chole and two specials: spicy chicken "tacos" that had a perfect kick, and the best okra I've had in life. A tamarind margarita (which is there one thing that's been consistently good) topped it off. Definitely will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and good valuefoodieVIPDined on 9/12/2013It is great to have interesting Indian food presented in an attractive setting -food beautifully plated - a long ways from your standard Indian buffets! Tandoor oven is fun to watch. Great menu selections, service and setting - and all at a very reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/4/2013We were excited to find an Indian restaurant in DC with a good to excellent rating. Unfortunately, having been fortunate enough to dine on exceptional Indian fare at places like Nawab in Williamsburg and Newport News, we must respectfully disagree with many reviewers regarding food quality. While the protein portion of the meal was fine - fine, not good or great - everything else simply was bland and not in keeping with fresh and authentic Indian food. For instance, something as simple as Naan - awful - bland and tasteless. Accompanies to the naan - indiscernible. Service was good. Overall - no need for another visit. .
- Comfortable and savoryBeksDined on 8/24/2013When you want to spend time with friends and actually hear what they have to say, when you are hungry for something more interesting than the usual, this is the place for you. Lovely colors, good service, wonderful food -- a haven for people who savor each other and the exotic.Special Features:
- Classy Indiancopernicus2013Dined on 8/23/2013We visited during DC Restaurant Week. The menu selections were very good. The quality of the food was excellent, and the food was attractively served. A good wine list, with a variety of moderately priced bottles. Attentive and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!StarbuxDined on 8/21/2013The Food was incredible. Each taste was savory and filled with flavor. I strongly recommend this restaurant for great tasting Indian cuisine. Its best to get there by Metro since the Cleveland Park stop is literally right in front of it. Parking in that area was hard to come by (on a Wednesday). No matter how you can get there...get there! The food is worth it.Special Features:
- I've eaten here many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2013I've eaten here many times and enjoyed the food again - eggplant and spinach with corn dishes especially good.Special Features:
- Good but maybe slipping a bitRosebudDined on 8/12/2013Flavors great but didn't think the shrimp and scallops tastes all that fresh . Lovely space and quiet evening was a nice date night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2013The food was amazing!! When you go ask to sit outside on the upstairs patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent and dependablenamlohDined on 7/26/2013Indique is one of our very favorite Indian restaurants in the Washington area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spicegoodeatzDined on 7/14/2013The menu had a wide variety of options from small plates to full dinners. It was spiced very well and is definitely one of the better Indian restaurants in the city. I went on a Sunday which clearly was not their peak time, so the food took a little while but was well worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/2/2013This was my second time visiting Indique and I must say the food was great both times. I opted for a vegetarian dish and was not disappointed. My girlfriend ordered the lamb and was very pleased. This was her first visit and she is going again in two weeks :). Our server was great...overall great place to take friends and family!Special Features:
- Food great, service so-soindianfoodfanDined on 6/27/2013Our meal was excellent, but the service, in a half-full dining room, was very slow. We waiting ten minutes for our beers, and another twenty for our food. We asked to have the bill divided; it came back incorrect, and then we had to ask twice for the void slips on the first charges.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFULLY UNIQUE CUISINE!Cocoa53Dined on 6/27/2013Three of our family members thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Indique. We were seated at a table with a direct view of the activities of Connecticut Ave. The service was above par, Kimberly was excellent, very attentive, knowledgeable & very helpful. The food was exquisite in appearance & taste & the portions were plentiful enough that we had left-overs to enjoy the next day. The pricing wasn't painful, especially for D.C. We will definitely be back, particilarly the family member who lives within walking distance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique IndeedHPFanVIPDined on 6/22/2013Indique in great Indian cusine. Taking the traditional favorites and re-imagining them without losing their essence the Indique chefs do wonderful things.Special Features:
- Good Service, OK FoodkMaNVIPDined on 6/15/2013The service and location of the restaurant is great. The food is OK, but nothing out of the ordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special OccasionsHenryQDined on 6/7/2013My wife and I celebrated our three year anniversary at Indianique, and it was a special time there. Suddhir Kumar went out of his way to create a special table for us to include two glasses of champagne and two appetizers on the house. When we were greeted at the door, they made us feel very special, like VIP's which was a nice touch to the beginning of our evening. The flowers I had ordered for my table were already nicely placed, and in all appearances it seemed we had the best table in the restaurant. Not to mention how great the food was which my wife particularly enjoyed very much. The service again, was excellent. Definitely on our "Come Again" list of restaurants for Indian food. I highly recommend this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodJMM1980Dined on 6/1/2013We came late on a Saturday night and had the place to ourselves. It was a group of 8 and the service was good.Special Features:
- It was a late lunch...NancyVIPDined on 5/25/2013But the food was great, and it was a good place to take teenagers. The service was very good, and location near the Metro. Predict parking to be a bit of a challenge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian food for a good priceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/22/2013I've been coming to Indique for years and they are always good. Their menu doesn't change much but you can always find something delicious. I recommend the Vegetable Samosas and anything on their tandoori oven section. My one complaint is that this last time I went (5/2013) they seem to have changed the makeup of their Daal. Before it was a delicious mix of brown lentils and spices but they have changed to a thinner mix of yellow lentils that is not nearly as tasty. With that small complaint, it is not enough to downgrade them. I will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and fine IndianPetesDragonDined on 5/21/2013Visited based on recommendations of strangers. Menu is quite extensive and took us some some to pick out exactly what we wanted to try. We both stuck with vegetarian (quite easy) and items we had had elsewhere. The uthappan and dosas were much more delicate than I've had elsewhere and the biryani huge and well spiced without the blunt hot. A good range of chutneys from mild to hot to try. Go hungry as we took home two leftover meals from our appetizer/entree combo. As mentioned elsewhere, service is not as attentive as some would, but given my company, I wasn't in a hurry to be interrupted or rushed.Special Features:
- Tasty Indian dishesFormerFedVIPDined on 5/13/2013This proved a good spot for dinner on a Monday evening after seeing "Iron Man 3" at the Uptown Cinema. We liked everything we tried and my girl friend even got a serving of the vegetarian appetizer I got to take home.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageDinerVIPDined on 5/11/2013This used to be a first-class Indian restaurant, but it has dropped a notch or two. The food was good, but not great. The decor has gotten shabby, particularly upstairs. I ordered tandoori salmon; the salmon was adequate but dry. We did have very good vegetable samosas as an appetizer. It remains relatively inexpensive, however, so it's still a pretty good value.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!Baxter2banffVIPDined on 5/3/2013Loved it! Great menu, authentic food, attentive staff. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013Probably the best Indian cuisine in DC. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- I'm a fan of Indian food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013I'm a fan of Indian food. The food and ambiance is great for catching up with people.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013This is one of the best Indian restaurants I have ever been to. Everyone in our group loved their entrees and I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for flavorful, authentic Indian food!Special Features:
- I've been an Indique fan,foodfunVIPDined on 4/6/2013I've been an Indique fan, but my visit last Friday was disappointing. The restaurant has expanded and was crowded. But the quality of food diminished. Salmon sliders dry as a bone; mussels unappetizing looking and again overcooked. I sent them back,was not interested in anything else and did not ask that thy be taken off my bill. I just asked for an order of Paratha to have something to eat. It never arrived. I'd think three times before going back
- The food was amazing - soElyJanDined on 4/4/2013The food was amazing - so good that I returned the next week to take another friend there so she could try it. The portions were more than adequate and extremely well-prepared and beautifully presented. Really, really enjoyed it. Both times.Special Features:
- The shadow of what it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/3/2013I used to like this place a lot but had not gone back in a while and was terribly disappointed. We waited for a long time while the restaurant was almost empty, only to get disappointing food that was barely warm. Even after telling the waiter and the manager that our food was barely warm, it came back to our table the same temperature! I am not going back.
- The beer was not as cold asOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013The beer was not as cold as it should be The appetizers were good. The entrees were fair to poor.
- Service was a little slow(didn'tBuffalochickensandwichfanVIPDined on 3/17/2013Service was a little slow(didn't receive the bread till the main courses arrived) but overall a good experience, will be back. Been several times and love the pre-theater menu.Special Features: