3512 Connecticut Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20008Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.indique.com/
- Phone: 2022446600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:45pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:15pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pakistani, Indian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering(off-site) for parties from 75 to 1000
- Private Party Facilities: Lunch only - Parties from 30 to 75
- Private Party Contact: K. N. Vinod 2022446600
A word from Indique
Indique is coined by combining India and the unique. The two-story courtyard is bordered by carved white marble railings. Bold colors and rich fabric lend a refined yet casual ambience to the inviting space. Stark white stylish tableware works as the canvas for the artful creations of the kitchen. Appearances and flavors are given equal attention and both excel. Appetizers, named First Tastes draw on traditional Indian favorites and contemporary innovations like tapas or meze and served on small plates. Tandoor specialties shine here with rare coastal seafood and regional dishes from the south of India. Attentive service complements the sophisticated kitchen. **For parties larger than 4 people, please book through the restaurant website; www.indique.com **Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerIndian
Indique - Best Restaurants in Cleveland Park ›
Indique reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (57)fit for foodies (46)romantic (24)great for outdoor dining (23)special occasion (21)good for groups (17)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (7)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- I went to Indique last yearOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2008I went to Indique last year and thought the food was great! Unfortuneatley, a year later the quality of the food and the service have gone down hill. I would pick another Indian resturant next time.Special Features:
- We have brought friends withKateInDCVIPDined on 6/14/2008We have brought friends with us often to Indique and love the food and the ambiance. This time the experience was almost ruined due to a large party at the next table. The noise level in the dining room was so high that my ears hurt and I couldn't enjoy a conversation with my companions. Once the the group left (thankfully, before we did) and the room thinned out a bit, we were able to relax, talk over our meal and enjoy the evening.Special Features:
- It was the best vegetableOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/13/2008It was the best vegetable samosa I have ever had in my life!!!!!Special Features:
- Table was not especially clean. SeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/11/2008Table was not especially clean. Service was incredibly slow. Food was only slightly above normal. Quite a disappointment.
- Realy enjoyed the food! MyOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/9/2008Realy enjoyed the food! My daughter and friend loved the fish curry and I loved the veal specialty platter. Vegetables were great. Mussels appetiser was delicious!!Special Features:
- The dining area is not fitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2008The dining area is not fit for for small children. The noise carries tremendously and interferes with the rights of other diners. In my opinion, they should not be allowed. Otherwise, it was a good experience, and I would go back again.Special Features:
- The staff did not seem knowledgeablMarieDined on 6/6/2008The staff did not seem knowledgeable about the food. The restaurant at Friendship Heights is MUCH better!
- Fantastic food, but a relativelyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/30/2008Fantastic food, but a relatively loud dining room. Definitely one of the stars of the neighborhood. However, it is outdone by it's kid sister Indique HeightsSpecial Features:
- Food, as always, was delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/28/2008Food, as always, was delicious. Our only problem was that the servers were distraacted by a large party right behind us - one of the servers stopped in the middle of taking our order to attend to them.
- Lovely atmosphere, caringOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/28/2008Lovely atmosphere, caring wait-staff, initeresting food. I am not a great fan of Indian food because I am not familiar enough with it. I like to go with friends who know more about the food than I do (which I did this time) and learn what I might like. This is a great place for such learning. What I had was delicious.Special Features:
- Indique was very nice. I'mOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/26/2008Indique was very nice. I'm very cheap, but was okay with paying about $70 for dinner for two. Indique has great food and a nice view overlooking the balcony from the second floor. Outdoor balcony is ideal for a romantic dinner, but there are only a few tables outside on the second level. Two Thumbs up!!!Special Features:
- The lamb vindaloo was deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/26/2008The lamb vindaloo was delicious (and spicy!). However, the mango lassi is overpriced.Special Features:
- the food was not as flavorfulMjsDcVIPDined on 5/26/2008the food was not as flavorful as at some of my other favorites like RasikaSpecial Features:
- Love Indique - always enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2008Love Indique - always enjoy the food. This time, though, the service was a bit slow and inattentive. We were seated outside and sometimes felt as though we were an after thought. We had to ask several times to get our order of naan - finally came towards the end of the meal. We had 2 or 3 different people tending to our table, but they didn't seem to be communicating with one another and we couldn't tell who our lead server was. But as always, the food was great.Special Features:
- Never disappointed, oftenOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/22/2008Never disappointed, often impressed, always pleased with my experience at Indique.Special Features:
- The food at Indique is alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/21/2008The food at Indique is always excellent and the people at the front desk very hospitable. Every time I've been has been a delightful evening.Special Features:
- All four of us in our family,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2008All four of us in our family, ranging in age from 27 - 72, agree that this is a restaurant we want to enjoy again and again! We don't eat out too often, but this will be on our list for sure.Special Features:
- The food was good, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/8/2008The food was good, especially the appetizers. My tandoori lamb chops were gristly and not very crisp. The service was poor; the (Chinese) waiter seemed distracted and came to our table only when called. He wasn't overly busy; he seemed to wait at the end of the room, doing little. Even our food was brought by someone else.Special Features:
- We have been regulars sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/4/2008We have been regulars since it opened, and consider it to be the best Indian restaurant in the city.Special Features:
- Excellent Indian cuisine withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/4/2008Excellent Indian cuisine with a good service. We would definitely want to go to Indique again.Special Features:
- We eat here many times. ThisNB41VIPDined on 5/2/2008We eat here many times. This time, food a little too salty, otherwise excellent.Special Features:
- Overall, this is a great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/30/2008Overall, this is a great restaurant and their food was wonderful.Special Features:
- Service was slow at the end.OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/28/2008Service was slow at the end. It took about 40 minutes for the guy to give us the check and another 25 minutes for him to come back and get the payment.
- service was slow and nonresponsive.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2008service was slow and nonresponsive. seemed understaffed. Disappointed.
- Food very good. Loved theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2008Food very good. Loved the Tamarind Margarita. Ate at one of the little tables on an outdoor balcony.Special Features:
- Indique not only has a fantasticEtapeachDined on 4/15/2008Indique not only has a fantastic atmosphere and inviting wine selection, for it also has an oustanding menu. Taste if of course key when eating out and Indique is completely satisfying and delicious. Most Indian food restuarants in DC pale in comparison to the fusion of tastes this restaurant maintains. The Restaurant also has a quaint balcony fit for a private dinner of two and it overlooks Cleveland Park. The staff is polite and they allow you to enjoy your meal without pestering you or rushing your experience. Overall Indique is agreat find!Special Features:
- As always, the food at IndiqueOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2008As always, the food at Indique was delicious. The breads are always my favorite thing-fabulous naans, kulchas, etc...One problem; the restaurant has gotten very rundown looking. The bathroom was dirty and had towels thrown everywhere. The carpet looked unkempt. One toilet for such a large restaurant is simply NOT enough.Special Features:
- I am not a huge Indian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2008I am not a huge Indian food fan but it was my friend's birthday and she loved it. It was loud -- they may want to do something about the acoustics.Special Features:
- My wife requires a gluten-freeJudyVIPDined on 3/27/2008My wife requires a gluten-free meal. The owner of Indique came over and helped her order to make sure her dining experience was safe and enjoyable. The food was excellent but the noise level was very loud.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, butOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/27/2008The food was excellent, but we found out servers' attentiveness and attention to detail lacking during our most recent visit to Indique.Special Features:
- Very nicely done, fairly authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2008Very nicely done, fairly authentic Indian cuisine (mini-dhosa seemed a bit flat in flavor). Very flavorful and subtle sauces. Nice selection of spicy and not so spicy dishes with accurate descriptions provided for each dish. Very convenient after spending late afternoon at the National Zoo and easy to get back into DC from the Metro right outside their front door.Special Features:
- Very much enjoyed lunch thereLosOlasVisitorVIPDined on 3/17/2008Very much enjoyed lunch there - Indian with a flair!
- We love Indique - it's reliablyKathleneVIPDined on 11/21/2007We love Indique - it's reliably delicious and always fun.Special Features:
- One of my fav's...three words.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/4/2007One of my fav's...three words. Tandoori King Shrimp. If you can't enjoy this, you have no business commenting on culinary delights.Special Features:
- Food was okay, plated veryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/12/2007Food was okay, plated very nicely, but not very good. Too expensive for what it was. Slightly snooty staff.
- One of the better spots forOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/29/2006One of the better spots for more traditional Indian food as opposed to Indian fusion. Competent food and service. We would go more often if it was closer to home/work. Ambiance is nothing special.
- I'm not the biggest fan ofOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/14/2006I'm not the biggest fan of Indian Fare, but this was quite good. The restaurant was very dark and I remember it being quite loud. But all in all, my friends and I had a very nice night out at Indique.Special Features: