Nine18 at The Villas of Grand Cypress
One North Jacaranda
Orlando, FL 32836Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Nine18 at The Villas of Grand Cypress
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grandcypress.com/dining/nine_18/
- Phone: 4072391999x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Nine18 at The Villas of Grand Cypress
NINE18 is a dinner-only restaurant offering a distinct selection of black angus steaks and fresh seafood perfect for that exceptional dining experience. Overlooking the North-South Course, Nine18 offers a relaxing and elegant atmosphere that showcases an extensive 500-bottle wine collection. We feature items such as Chef’s famous Colossal Onion Soup, Australian Rack of Lamb, Maple Leaf farm Duck, and Chocolate Soufflés. Surrounded by 1,500 acres of natural and serene beauty, NINE18 is the perfect location for a romantic dinner or special occasions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nine18 at The Villas of Grand Cypress reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (14)scenic view (11)notable wine list (11)romantic (10)fit for foodies (8)great for outdoor dining (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Waited, at least. 10 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012Waited, at least. 10 minutes before anybody acknowledged us on the table and then were served a very average meal. The ambiance are typical resorty type--nothing specialSpecial Features:
- Very good experience, particularlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012Very good experience, particularly for choosing something unknown to us. Hostess offered both the regular menu and the Magical menu, explaining both. Waitstaff very personable as was the rest of the resort staff. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- I went there full of greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/15/2012I went there full of great expectations and I became disapointed.
- Food and service were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2012Food and service were excellent. Would recommend to everyon
- Excellent birthday get-togetherFoodiefromNYDined on 9/15/2012We went with a group of 10 for my husband's birthday. The drive up to the restaurant, through the golf course, is so pretty that we make sure we go early enough to take it in. I had the salmon and hubby had the t-bone. Mine was great; hubby's was good- tasty but thin and more done than he likes. Choc. lava cake was delicious, as was his appple tart. They make a great bloody mary. The service was excellent, as usual. The restaurant overlooks the golf course, which makes a wonderful setting.Special Features:
- Some nice points, but not enough...OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/15/2012Service started out very good, with many different wait staff to assist. Unfortunately toward the end of the meal, it seemed difficult to get anyone's attention. The appetizers and deserts were excellent. However, the main entrees we extremely disappointing. The 16-oz t-bone, ordered medium-well, was served past-well, and very dry. The mushroom fettuccini did not have much flavor, and was quite greasy. We were using a large discount, so I did not insist on new dishes, but I would have raised an issue with the entrees if I were paying the $39 menu price for the steak. Maybe my expectations were too high, but given the menu prices, as well as superb experiences I've had at other restaurants at this resort, I don't think I expected too much.Special Features:
- Great service, food was aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012Great service, food was a little lacking. The food wasn't bad, just had higher expectations.Special Features:
- Went here with a friend duringOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2012Went here with a friend during Magical Dining Month. Unfortunately have to say I was disappointed. There weren't many other tables in the restaurant & it was very quiet. This is great for couples on a special occasion date but for us it was a little uncomfortable. Our server was very nice & accomodated my friend's special menu request. We both ordered the exact same items but the only ones that I found to be very good were the chopped salad, the side vegetables, my house Chardonney, & my chocolate gooey cake dessert. While my t-bone was huge, I found it to be very grissly. I also found the accompanying potato to be dry & flavorless. Maybe it was just an off night. I know it's received good reviews but I just don't know that I'll be back.Special Features:
- Each of the steaks we orderedWilsonVIPDined on 9/13/2012Each of the steaks we ordered where not cooked properly and had to sent back to the kitchen. A disappointing experience.
- Once again a great meal withBillVIPDined on 9/8/2012Once again a great meal with outstanding service and abience. You can dress up or down as you may desire remembering that this is touristy florida.Special Features:
- Service was superb, food great.RosieDined on 9/8/2012Service was superb, food great. We really enjoyed ourselves. Lovely view of the golf course, and it was a nice evening when we went.Special Features:
- Good but not worth full pricePelln001Dined on 9/7/2012Considering I chose the Orlando Magical Dining menu, the food was good for the price. However, if I would have paid full price, I would have been disappointed.
- We went in September duringOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/2/2012We went in September during Magical Dining. Started great-Appetizers were delicious. All 3 of my party ordered steak 2 medium-rare, one person rare. Only 1 came out medium rare. The 2 other steaks came out medium-well and well done! We sent them back.....and they still came back overcooked! medium and well done! One member of our group ordered a glass of wine. The waiter joked he'd given her a double....he was not joking! We only found out when we got the bill and he'd charged her for 4 glasses of wine! The waiter messed up quite a bit. Our appetizers got mixed up- who had what. And, I ordered a Baileys and coffee-he came back with Kahlua. And, completely inappropriate conversations- politics, religion (2 of my major no-no's!
- A very nice dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2012A very nice dining experience at a golf course resort that allows casual attire with the feel of a fine dining restaurant. Wine list prices are higher than what you would normally expect. Souffles are outstanding. The staff is very accomodating on special requests.
- Not greatFalconVIPDined on 8/22/2012Ordered our steaks medium rare.......came to us medium. Only one other table occupied in the restaurant. Seems as if the steaks are of a lower quality than advertised. Do not go out of your way to eat here
- Another excellent meal butShandy61VIPDined on 8/21/2012Another excellent meal but why is it not busier? A real shame that it is quiet when we go but a really excellent meal as always.
- Great view, average food, pushyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2012On a Thursday night in August, we were literally the only ones there. The food was good but nothing special (meat temperatures not quite right, and a little dry). I suspect that they might not have been on their A-game in the off season on a slow night. The service was attentive but slightly pushy; at every opportunity the waiter was pleasantly trying to talk us into ordering more food or drinks. Maybe he was just bored, but it got on my nerves.Special Features:
- Food and service were excellent.BartmanDined on 8/13/2012Food and service were excellent. We had the restaurant to our selves and the staff paid very good attention to us. Even for an off-season Monday the restaurant was unusually empty. For a quiet romantic dinner this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Fantastic view with great food!WGreviewerVIPDined on 8/4/2012Quiet with spectacular views, great food, and excellent service! Perfect for a special occasion or to treat yourself after a hard week at work!Special Features:
- Great out of the way spotmjEatsDined on 8/2/2012Great out of the way spot for hosting a large group dinner. Wait staff were great... Wine list was great. Food was also great.Special Features:
- Restaurant was very nice.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2012Restaurant was very nice. On this night, there were only a few diners,which made for a nice quiet evening. I would eat there on my next trip to Grand Cypress.Special Features:
- For what we were told wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2012For what we were told was a "Stekhouse", the emphasis of the menu was lacking (only a few beef choices) The sides were not very interesting and you can't even ask for a baked potato. Pre-meal bread was plentiful but not very appitizing. On the good side desserts were adequate and tasty. While we were there, only seven other dinners in attendance. No dress code was observed as although my party dressed for a high class restaurant, other dinners were in blue jeans, sneakers and shorts. This took away from the ambiance. Only two members of the wait staff but they did hussle and were attentive. I would be hard pressed to return to Nine18 or recommend it to family or friends. In short, Nine 18 was mildly disapponting!Special Features:
- Wedding Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2012This is one of the best dining experiences we have had - ever. I can't think of a more memorable evening at a fine dining restaurant than this. The food was cooked perfect, presentation was outstanding the the staff was superb. Number one on our list!Special Features:
- Hidden Gem in the midst ofOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/9/2012Hidden Gem in the midst of Orlando's fast food scene! Wonderful, probably the best lobster tails we have had in some time!Special Features:
- Another great place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/2/2012Another great place to eat for Orlando. Food and service were outstanding.Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/28/2012The food was very good and fresh. The staff was very nice and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Absolute Best!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/23/2012The most excellent food and service. A beautiful dinner experience for any celebration.Special Features:
- Best view I've seen in ages.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/19/2012Best view I've seen in ages. The sun setting w/ the greens in the background was picturesque. Unfortunately the food was not up to par. The drinks were well made and the service was good but for the price the food was seriously lacking.Special Features:
- Deserves 5 stars -not in this caseGlobalBizLadyDined on 6/19/2012My guest and I came here on a Tuesday evening. Only a handful of guests were present but that didn't affect the impeccable service especially from our main waiter Giorgi (we had 3 waiters). The wonderful view of the golf course and romantic surroundings would have been enjoyable if it wasn't for a family of 4 seated nearby who thought it was okay to have their 5 year-old loud and obnoxious boy watch his favorite DVD at the table in what was supposedly a 5 star restaurant. If this place was in Europe, this would never have been allowed. I would rate the Nine18 5 stars for the food and service. But I only give them 3 stars for allowing a 5 year old boy and his family the right to keep their child entertained to the distress of other diners.Special Features:
- I am tongue tied for wordsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/8/2012I am tongue tied for words to describe this place, as I'm not a real food critic of sorts. But let me tell you, this restaurant was incredible! My party of 5 last Friday night dinned early and had the entire restaurant to ourselves. Our waiter (from Trinedad) was excellent. He didn't hover around all the time, makes great conversation at the appropiate times, and likewise disappears when he should. I respect him for that. I live in Orlando and will deffinatly return to Nine18 with guests. Thank you.Special Features:
- Kind of dead, food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/26/2012Kind of dead, food was good but atmosphere detracted from the experience.
- Great Mother's Day BrunchLilLilDined on 5/13/2012Great Mother's Day Brunch. Entire family enjoyed all the food! Thank you!Special Features:
- The food for the Mothers DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012The food for the Mothers Day Brunch was fantastic! Everything was well prepared, presented beautifully, and tasted superb. The services was good but lacked polish. I was surprised at this since I had been in the hospitality industry for over 20 years and have dined at restaurants and banquets at nearly every upscale hotel/resort in the area. We definitely had a great experience, but the wait staff needs a bit more pep and need to really make it seem like they want to be there and help. The exception to this was the chef who came around the tables several times during the 75 minutes we were there and met with each Mother, presenting them with a fresh Basil plant from his garden. Thanks for a great Mothers Day Brunch though. Overall 4.5Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our dinnerpbrooks19VIPDined on 5/12/2012We really enjoyed our dinner at Nine18. Everything from the chopped salads to the duck (lovely and juicy) to the molten chocolate cake was delicious. And, the staff are extremely personable.Special Features:
- Absolutely love Nine 18.nonagirlDined on 5/5/2012Absolutely love Nine 18. The Chef does an amazing french onion soup displayed right in the onion itself. Every dish was fantastic and we will make this a favorite on our list.Special Features:
- Superb as always. ExcellentLocalResidentVIPDined on 4/13/2012Superb as always. Excellent well prepared meals with knowledgeable professional service.Special Features:
- Another Reason to Come to FloridaOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/13/2012First, I wish to thank the entire staff of Nine18 for a world class dining experience. Chefs Alan and Domingo - Job well done! Second, I wish to thank the Board and owners of The Villas of Grand Cypress for placing such a high value on the dining experience. Third, I wish to thank all of the previous reviewers for their accurate reviews. If this dining room was in CHI, NYC, LA, or SF the only question would be how many Michelin Stars Nine18 would have attained. We used to come to Florida for the weather - now we have another reason to come.Special Features:
- Everything was superb. PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2012Everything was superb. Pricey entrees and drinks though.Special Features:
- It exists!!! The PERFECT RestaurantNYFoodieVIPDined on 4/7/2012Food is amazing, service is exceptional, in a romantic setting, and reasonaly priced!!! We'll go back again, and again, and again...lol!!!
- Great Food and Servicecilantro49VIPDined on 3/8/2012We enjoyed a great meal and the best service you could ever expect in a restaurant. I would certainly return on a future visit to Orlando!Special Features: