Harrington's Pub & Kitchen
177 Fleet Street
National Harbor, MD 20745Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
Harrington's Pub & Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.harringtonspubandkitchen.com/
- Phone: 3019092505x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 1:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Irish
- Executive Chef: Anthony Salvato
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Flexible menus and services depending on the event and location, please contact Paige Blankenship at email@example.com.
- Entertainment: Regular live Irish inspired entertainment Tuesday, Friday and Saturday nights.
- Cross Street: Fleet Street
- Public Transit: Green Line to Branch Ave and the NH1 Bus to National Harbor.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There are several garages surrounding Harrington's, the closest is actually in the same building, and is called the Mariner Garage with entrances on Waterfront Street, and Mariner Passage.
A word from Harrington's Pub & Kitchen
Harrington’s Pub & Kitchen provides hearty Irish cuisine and classic pub favorites in a uniquely traditional and cozy setting. With a vast array of Irish Whisky’s as well as other spirits, Harrington’s is certain to meet the needs of all its patrons from beginners to connoisseurs. Ask about joining our Whiskey Club or use of our 'Pour your own Draft' Tables in our bar area for a fun filled happy hour or celebratory event. Featuring the most extensive craft beer collection in National Harbor, be sure to sample any one of our microbrews from the most popular local, national and international brewers. Offering live Irish inspired entertainment with well-known local artists for week night and weekend fun, Harrington's also hosts monthly fun filled special events with full, live bands! Available for semi-private and fully private events, Harrington's is perfect for casual or formal arrangements of all kinds! Inquire about customized catering packages and open bar options!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Harrington's Pub & Kitchen - Best Restaurants in National Harbor ›
Harrington's Pub & Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (8)great for outdoor dining (7)good for groups (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (2)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Good Irish Food4foodVIPDined on 6/9/2013It is exactly what the name implies--an Irish Pub and Kitchen. My friend and I went to have lunch in honor of her father who was Irish. While there are other dishes on the menu that aren't Irish, we had the soda bread and chicken pot pie. The pot pie was phenomenal! The ingredients were fresh and the sauce was delicious. The flaky crust that lies on top is like having a delicious pastry. There is an extremely large assortment of beer, but our waitress didn't seem particularly knowledgeable about them. However, she was friendly and so was the hostess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Craft Beers and Tasty EatsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2013Came here for game time food while in town for a convention. We had excellent service and a nice time. The happy hour specials are a great way to save money without sacrificing quality. We've dined here before and we'll be back when we return to the convention.Special Features:
- Good Irish PubLindaFDined on 4/13/2013We enjoyed our dinner at Harringtons. The food was very good and the service was friendly. We ate in the dining room which had a moderate noise level. The bar area had a performer and the noise level was off the charts, we were very happy we did not eat in there.Special Features:
- I would have given 5 starsMarkVIPDined on 4/4/2013I would have given 5 stars for service, if they hadn't taken 10 minutes to come out and seat us. Once we were seated, all was good. It was pretty quiet for lunch, although I suspect dinner and late night could be pretty noisy.Special Features:
- Menu sounds nice, but executionwyorichDined on 4/3/2013Menu sounds nice, but execution lacking. Service fine.
- i was really a great environmentmyreviewsVIPDined on 4/3/2013i was really a great environment for a good visit with family.
- Limited menu, not even cornedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2013Limited menu, not even corned beef and cabbage. But food was good.Special Features:
- Harrington's has very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013Harrington's has very good food and good service. I enjoyed the Lamb Stew served in a bread bowl - really good and I'll have it again. My date had the Gaelic Steak, which was somewhat overcooked - more Medium Well instead of the Medium Rare she ordered. This was a Wednesday night with a fairly small crowd. Overall, the food is very good.
- Waitress was very pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2013Waitress was very pleasant and friendly. Great Job! BillSpecial Features:
- Little bit a victom of theirOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/17/2013Little bit a victom of their own success, they were out of some items due the increased demand. I am sure that is a temporary situation. Food was very good, only complaint was they did NOT have Corned Beef and Cabbage for St. Patty's day!!! So, we had the next best thing, their Ruben Sandwitches were GREAT.Special Features:
- St. Paddy's DisappointmentKALEDined on 3/17/2013We went to Harrington's for St. Patrick's Day Sunday brunch. The food was cold and mediocre at best. The most amazing thing is that when you pay cash, the total is rounded-up because the restaurant has no change/coin! Though it was only a few pennies, it is the principle....no where is it stated that the till only has cash and no currency. Brought this to the attention to a manager-on-duty, and his attitude was curt and unprofessional. I wouldn't recommend this place to a dog.Special Features:
- Here's to the staff!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/16/2013The friendly and effective staff makes Harrington's a great place - whether you're dining with a family or hanging out with friends. The food is high-quality and the atmosphere is energizing. Nicely done!Special Features:
- Irish fare at National HarborOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Very good experience. Service and good are above average. RecommendedSpecial Features:
- Ordered the fish and chipsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/23/2013Ordered the fish and chips and received one big fish and a lot of big chips. It was more like wedges than chips. My husband had the shepherd's pie which he said was good. There was nothing that really stands out about Harrington's.
- This was the second time.MeganDined on 2/16/2013This was the second time. The first was a Friday, late into happy hour,2 of us,not very crowded in the dining section, but we were close so we could hear the music that started at 7pm.Food was good so we decided to come back. This time on a Saturday evening around 6:30,it was quite busy, with music starting at 7pm in the bar. We were farther back in the dining section, so could not hear the music, but that was ok, we were there for the food. Again,2 of us. The lamb stew and lamb French dip were excellent. There had been a large group near us for whom the kitchen was trying to get all the food out together,so some of our meal was a little slow, the server kept apologizing.Bread pudding wonderful, fresh made.Irish coffee,strong,as it should.Special Features:
- First and probably last timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013First and probably last time we'll visit. Food was very bland. We ordered the Pub Fries to start and they were very thick potato wedges with no salt or seasoning; we expected actual fries (it was like they took big potatoes and cut them into quarters). Then we both ordered fish and chips and the fish had no flavor, thank goodness for tartar sauce, and once again, the chips were thick potato wedges with no salt or seasoning. Waiter did take back the wedges and bring us back french fries but only one small plate for both our meals. Husband's beer also tasted watered down - he ordered the harp and guinness.
- The dining was ok, if youOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The dining was ok, if you are into an Irish resturant it doesnt have the ambuance. The bar section would be where you would like to go if i went again.
- Not a huge number of entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/9/2013Not a huge number of entrees but nice to see lamb options!
- Overall amazing food and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013Overall amazing food and great staff. Our waitress Jennie was extremely helpful and friendly.Special Features:
- Harrington's was a great place80FStFoodieDined on 2/3/2013Harrington's was a great place to watch the Superbowl. They had numerous HD screens as well as an enormous screen in the bar area. I ordered the fish and chips, which was delicious, and my friend had the wings, which were also really good. Also, the crowd was not rowdy. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Really Enjoyed Harrington'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013Friday evening: Enjoyed the Gaelic Steak while my girlfriend had Bangers & Mash which, as she's a gourmet cook, she really enjoyed. She stated that Irish sausage is the best - period. Harrington's is directly across from Bobby McKey's Piano Bar, where we had evening reservations. The restaurant is away from the bar area which keeps it quiet, though we could hear a bit of the Irish musician when he started playing. Good Irish food. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Looks like a very fun IrishOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/1/2013Looks like a very fun Irish sports bar. But we were there for a weekday lunch, and it was almost empty. Interesting menu - all the right Irish stuff, and a good beer list. I had the bangers and mash, hoping for true Irish (English)sausages. They were close, but overcooked. The Bailey's chocolate mousse had no taste of Bailey's in it, but was good. Kind of pricey for lunch... bill for two (2 beers, one Shepherd's Pie, one B&M and one dessert), was $60 plus tax and tip. I would try it again on a football weekend.Special Features:
- Would love to go back!alwaysnycDined on 1/12/2013Made original reservation for 6 through OpenTable. However, when I tried to change it on OpenTable to a reservation for 8, I got the message "no availability within 2.5 hours of requested time for the next 8 weeks". I called the restaurant directly and left a message, not really expecting a call back. Within the hour, a very nice lady called me back and quickly made my requested changes. Had to call back again to try to push my reservation back an hour. Once again, the same terrific young woman who I spoke to earlier accomodated my request. Our server was wonderful and attentive. Had the fish and chips(HUGE portions!), Irish soda bread, Reuben and Lamb French Dip - all very yummy! Wish we could have stayed longer for the live Irish musicSpecial Features:
- Went on Christmas day. Won'tSteveVIPDined on 12/25/2012Went on Christmas day. Won't go again. So so food. Loud cheering for football. Acceptable service. Parking not free.
- Warm spirits aboundOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/22/2012Our family of 4 (2 teenagers) had no experience with an Irish restaurant, with their mother a vegetarian, it always seemed unfitting. This Saturday, 3 days before Xmas, Harrington's was available on OpenTable, only 2 days before. The reviews were good, fair priced and overall good experiences so we gave it a go. We were delighted in the warmth and spirit of the staff + management. Everyone, but Mom (me), got the shepherds pie and were over the moon with the dish. My salad was very good (spinach w/goat cheese). I found out after the meal that they offer a vegetarian shepherds pie, but it wasn't on the menu! That was our only snag of the evening + we can't wait to return for more pie, this time for all of us.Special Features:
- The waitress and manager wereecdinerDined on 12/22/2012The waitress and manager were very attentive. On multiple occasions they checked to make sure we were satisfied.Special Features:
- Gret Customer Service by theAWESOMEDined on 12/20/2012Gret Customer Service by the server and the pub food was really good. Make sure to try to the crab and truffle mac&cheese.
- Happy hour prices are good,PatrickVIPDined on 12/19/2012Happy hour prices are good, but the regular dinner menu is overpriced for the quality of food.
- My husband and I wanted aOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2012My husband and I wanted a nice place to have dinner that wasn't going to break our budget. This place was a combination of what we were looking for. We would definitely go here again.Special Features:
- A haze of smoke from kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2012A haze of smoke from kitchen permeates the restaurant. When asked, the staff seemed to indicate this is common. Had a headache by the time we left and all of our clothes smelled strongly of fried food. Service was very slow. Food was fair, but overshadowed by the other distractions. The Web site advertises Irish music on Fridays starting at 7. We were there from approximately 7-9 pm and didn't hear any live music. I will not return to this restaurant.
- Overpriced mediocre food.LisaVIPDined on 11/22/2012Overpriced mediocre food. And w the terrible parking situation @ national harbor (not their fault) am unlikely to go again.
- It was just ok, the serviceKathrynDined on 11/16/2012It was just ok, the service could have been better, and the food could have been better, but it was passable and we had fun.Special Features:
- Nothing really to say, exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Nothing really to say, except that it was fine. Nothing special...
- It was a last minute choiceDesignLadyDined on 11/3/2012It was a last minute choice as the one we wanted to go too was booked. This turned out to be even better and we all enjoyed the evening!Special Features:
- The services was very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012The services was very good but the lamb stew was dry, the bread bowl stale, the chicken pot pie was cold. Not a good dining experience.
- Wonderful service and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/5/2012Wonderful service and excellent food. Extensive Gluten Free menu. Will return and recommend to anyone considering it.Special Features:
- Good quality Irish Pub rightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2012Good quality Irish Pub right in middle of National Harbor.Special Features:
- Although the serves was veryJoVnDined on 9/29/2012Although the serves was very friendly, the service was less than timely. Appetizers were served without plates, which had to be requested. There was significant delay in requested beverages, this all during an early afternoon when the restaurant was not extremely busy. Have been to Harrington's before, and was surprised by the less than average service. Invited a friend to come with us based on past experience, would not do so again.
- Good Sandwiches in National HarborOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2012The food was good, although for an almost empty restaurant the service was very slow and the waiter messed up part of our order.
- Really was let down by thisJohnVIPDined on 9/7/2012Really was let down by this restaurant. It shouold have been a sign that at 630 on a Friday, the place was pretty empty!! The soup was not hot, the pasta dish was not hot, but overcooked and looked like garbage. The Salmon special was good, so I gave two stars. The bread pudding....NOT AT ALL BREAD PUDDING, it was a square puck that had to have been microwaved! The service was the bright spot here, you cant knock the front line folks for whats happening in the kitchen!