J.R.'s Steak and Grill
5400 Hwy. 121
Colleyville, TX 76034Neighborhood:
BurgersPrice: $30 and under
J.R.'s Steak and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://jrssteaks.com/
- Phone: 8173551414x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Todd Phillips
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Sydney Potter to set up all the details.
- Private Party Facilities: Three private rooms ranging in size from 10 to 150 people.
- Private Party Contact: Sydney Potter 8173551414x
- Entertainment: Special Events: Visit us on our website for special events.
A word from J.R.'s Steak and Grill
For excellence in dining, nothing compares to JR's Steak and Grill in Colleyville, Texas. For lunch and dinner JR's offers a cozy yet casual atmosphere that includes a fireplace, stone walls and non-smoking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
J.R.'s Steak and Grill - Best Restaurants in Colleyville ›
J.R.'s Steak and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)good for groups (19)great for lunch (17)neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (16)romantic (16)notable wine list (14)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- GREAT STEAKSPoppaDVIPDined on 3/4/2014J.R.'s Steakhouse is outstanding in every way. Great food and service. The pepper crusted filets were perfect and the Calamari is the best of any restaurant we have ever visited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PetMarJerPetMarJerDined on 3/3/2014Our server, Tyrell, made our dining experience very enjoyable. He was attentive without hovering, very well versed in the menu, very well spoken, and an all around exemplary representative of your fine dining establishment. The wet-dry T-bone steaks were wonderful as was my wife's crab cake dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice special occasion destinationYUMMYVIPDined on 3/1/2014the food was excellent as steaks were prepared exactly as ordered. appreciate the owner(?)/manager stopping by our table to personally inquire if meal experience was satisfactory.Special Features:
- The T-bone special was wayTex9257Dined on 3/1/2014The T-bone special was way overpriced for what I received. It was good but not worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakzboatmanDined on 2/26/2014Had a great Bone-In Filet, cooked to perfection. Enjoyed the dinner very much. We had a group of four and everyone was pleased with their meals and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- definitely try this steakhouseEffeeDined on 2/17/2014Except for a broken espresso machine, everything was wonderful. The staff was just what you would want them to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day DinnerintimatedinerDined on 2/15/2014Had a perfect table in front of fireplace while listening to small 3 person band playing in the bar. Sound carried through the fireplace (double-sided fireplace), gave us a wonderful dining experience. Sound level was the perfect amount, we were able to carry on a quiet dinner, but had music filling the air...the perfect Valentines Day mix!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine'sbbete5Dined on 2/15/2014The food was awesome! I had the petite fillets and my husband had the new york strip. It was seriously the best steak I have ever had. My only complaint was that you had to choose a set menu. I wasnt expecting that, but I booked a reservation online. If I had called Im sure they would have told me. So it was quite pricey, but we will definitely go back again, when there isnt a set menu. It is more of a special occasion place for us because we normally wouldnt spend that much money. It was delicious and we will recommend, just expect to spend a pretty penny. Also even though it was expensive we received SO much food. We were stuffed. The lobster bisque is also a must have. So good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceKathyDined on 2/15/2014The only complaint that I have about J.R.'s is it is a little pricey. We knew it going in, but for two people $200.00 is a little pricey for dinner. But we had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Who trained the waiterjenningsDined on 2/15/2014We understand the need to pull help from the kitchen on occasion. However, the kid just was not up to par. When I told him my Caesars salad had no Caesar dressing on it, he looked at me and said "oh really" and walked off. My wife and I just laughed it off as the kid not knowing any better.....oh really! Once we got our food we did not hear from him till it was payout time. Steaks were fine, the appetizers were chewey and moderatly warm................Please Calamari to the pros. Next time, if there is one, we will eat at the bar, at least they seemed to have their act together.
- Love JRs but........MikeDined on 2/14/2014We have been to JRs multiple times in the past over the past few years, typically for a special occasion. The staff does everything possible to accommodate any request you may have. It had been a while since we had been to JRs. I made reservations for Valentines dinner. When we got there the first thing that hit us as we walked in the door was a strong smell of cigarette smoke. I know they allow smoking but I don't remember it being that strong in the waiting area in past visits. I can see where this could be a major turn off. We ended up having to wait about 30 minutes on our table. Not upset or surprised by this given that it was valentines day. The food was outstanding as usual and no smoke smell in the dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as beforeBbeattyVIPDined on 2/14/2014Each time we have gone, it gets a little worse than the last... Too bad you can still smoke, certainly does not add anything!
- Disappointing experiencedatenightDined on 2/14/2014We have dined at JR's multiple times and love this restaurant. We have also dined at the restaurant several times on Valentines day.. This Valentines Day was not a good experience. We made a dinner reservation for 7:00 pm several weeks ago. After sitting at our table for 2 hours, we only received a lobster bisque and salad..we left around 9:15 without having dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was good, otherwise subpar.BradDined on 2/14/2014Filet mignon was cooked perfectly and tasted great. Quality of appetizer and dessert were well below what I was expecting. Service was slow and inattentive. We did not get the experience we should have based on the price we paid.
- Not up to ParltejasDined on 2/14/2014The food was excellent as it usually is at JR'S. The portions were large both the starter and the sides. Each side is enough for 2 or 3 diners. Our last visit was on Valentines Day. The place was fully booked and the wait staff either could not keep up with the demand or JR'S had temps added to fill out the staff. We had sides not delivered until after the meal, missing silverware. No spoon with the coffee, just not up to JR'S usually standard. In the future we will avoid JR"S for "special days, since the y had so much triouble.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualEnjoydiningDined on 2/13/2014We have been to JR's on multiple occasions, with time in between visits, and each time we go the food and service are exceptional. Unlike other upper end restaurants we have visited, we are always impressed with the consistency with our experience. This is truly one dining experience that is worth the time to enjoy, from the appetizer to dessert, you can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014We choose JRs to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary. The experience was everything we expected it to be. The food was superb, the service was great, the atmosphere was romantic and elegant without being stuffy. This was not our first visit to JRs and certainly won't be our last.Special Features:
- WE LOVE JR'sKROSEDined on 2/1/2014Long time customers that can always have a GREAT & DELICIOUS DInner there. Daniel is awesome too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014Great food! Great service! Just one, big complaint - smokey lounge! We really enjoy the lounge, and, great jazz combo, however, the smoke is not good, at all!!Special Features:
- JR Steakhouse.....great experience!BronteDined on 1/20/2014Excellent meal and service. Great steaks and seafood. Try the BBQ bacon-wrapped lobster appetiser. Excellent service. Had a birthday girl in the party and they made a very nice personalized desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect SteakAnotherFoodieDined on 1/18/2014We went with a few other friends to JRs - a total of 6 in our party. The food, from the bread to the desserts, was amazing. My steak was perfectly cooked - and I mean perfectly. Its amazing how many steak places can get that wrong. Our server seemed either overbooked or distracted though and we waited between rounds of drinks, waited to hear the specials, waited to order...you get the idea. It was more annoying than awful though, and it definitely didn't distract from the food. In other words, the less-than-great service would not stop me from going back -- the food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steak dinner!LauraaDined on 1/18/2014Our party of 4 enjoyed our evening at J. R.'s. It was a birthday celebration for my 23 yr. old son and because I indicated the occasion on our reservation, he was treated with a beautiful piece of birthday cheesecake! That was the final piece to our excellent meal. The steaks were perfect as was the salmon. The only complaint I have is that our salmon was a tad too salty. We each ordered a different salad as well as a delicious order of calamari. The servers were wonderful and attentive. We will definitely consider J.R.'s again for a special evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014Smoking allowed in bar - ugh Salad was great. Food was cold when received. Meat not that tender for a filet. Way over priced. Really nice dining area and server very attentive and professional.Special Features:
- Nice evening...CJRJLDined on 1/3/2014It was a place we always wanted to try. It was good food and nice evening. It's comparable in price and ambiance as other steak houses in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JR's has been a nice restaurantGregDined on 1/3/2014JR's has been a nice restaurant for many years. We have celebrated special events and occasions many times there. Great staff and food.Special Features:
- New Years EveReyGDined on 12/31/2013Only restaurant that was using Open Table Reservation, on-line system. Reserved for 9:00pm and was seated by 9:12 despite the number of people still seated. The staff worked very hard to seat everyone in a timely way. Our server, Jackson, was very knowledgeable and helpful... Great service! The overall experience made our NYE celebration fun!Special Features:
- New Years Eve out on the townNYECoupleDined on 12/31/2013Overall very nice place. Was disappointed at the Bar as it wasn't really a good place for us to wait for our table as it was a smoking bar so that killed any pre-dinner cocktails for us. Had a special menu for the NYE, seafood appetizer was a little over done but main course was excellent! Would like to go back and try regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME AS ALWAYSKROSEDined on 12/31/2013We can always count on JRS-first class service and yummy food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jr. steak.house grapevineanorrisDined on 12/28/2013Wonderful.steak, salmon, crab cakes, and asparagus. Nice wine.selection. plus.they brought out.a slice of.cheesecake, with a happy anniversary written in.chocolate. we were celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great celebrationC130feDined on 12/27/2013Went to JRs to celebrate my wife's graduation. It was great! Service and management was too notch. Had the lobster appetizer which was delicious followed by the bone in ribeyes that were the best steaks I've had in TX. The wife ordered a champagne strawberry dessert and said she loves it. Which JRs gave her for free for her graduation. I would and will go back certainly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always ...RandyDined on 12/27/2013... I've eaten in fine restaurants around the world, and I've never had any better food and service than at JR's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet Cooked to Perfection!Top10VIPDined on 12/26/2013I took a party of 3 and the members of my party who ordered the filet were extremely pleased, both with the quality of the meat, and the preparation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Impeccable!Top10VIPDined on 12/24/2013On a busy holiday evening, the servers,both at the bar, and the main dining area, were unflappable, and ready to please. The filet and salmon which arrived at the table, was flawlessly done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfullbomadDined on 12/24/2013Fantastic wonderful steaks. I have been looking for a Lobster Bisque for 20 years. Like the Plaza Club in the Shell Plaza downtown Houston. You my friend have made this pallet HAPPY!Special Features:
- AnniversaryDixieDined on 12/24/2013Our reservation was met timely. All concerns or questions were thoroughly answered. We felt pampered and special. Our meal was not rushed but always moving along. Food was hot or cold as according to the dish and accurate. Our server was extra special and always helpful and knowledgeable of our meal and your services.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cedar Plank Salmon Great!Top10VIPDined on 12/21/2013I varied from my usual steak order to sample the Plank Salmon, and was really glad that I did! The fish was top quality and cooked to perfection on a cedar plank, accompanied by rice, and a white sauce infused with crab. It is a great variation from the top quality steaks that are available here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceMagicalFatmanDined on 12/14/2013Crab cakes and wedge were average. Spinach/artichoke and mushroom sides were excellent. Great martinis.Special Features:
- Not good food and prices higheraymanDined on 12/13/2013Not good food and prices higher than top steakhouses
- 1st timerBobDobalinaDined on 12/11/2013J.R.'s is right by our house, we've driven by it numerous times, but hadn't really tried it. Some co-workers went with us due to us being able to get a reservation here. Steak was awesome! Sides were average (had mashed potatoes, macaroni and esparagus) Apps Calamari is the best I have ever had! (bacon wrapped lobster is good, but VERY small) Waitstaff is awesome and Management is hustling to make sure everything is moving along...never waited for anything. Was asked before having to ask! I would recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great First ExperienceTable4SixDined on 11/30/2013I asked several friends about JR's Steakhouse. Each gave it glowing recommendations. I made reservations for six. We were celebrating my wife's 50th birthday. The evening was absolutely perfect - from start to finish. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.