2130 Fairmount Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19130Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jacksfirehouse.com/
- Phone: 2152329000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Jack McDavid
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Jack's Firehouse offers catering services personalized to your needs. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Jack's Firehouse has 2 private rooms. The Chief's Quarters accommodates 8 to 25 guests & the Grand Hall accommodates 20 to 80 guests. The entire Firehouse is available for 100 to 250 guests. We host great parties here - so whether its a private dinner for 40 members of your company or a brunch shower for 60 ladies celebrating the soon to be bride or 200 guests for a fun and different cocktail and dance party - CALL JACK'S FIREHOUSE for details.
- Private Party Contact: Mick Houston 2152329000x
- Entertainment: Call in advance to find out when Jim Smith and the Trailer Park Trio are playing their own version of fantastic 40's and 50's rock-a-billy here at the Firehouse. They always provide a shoe stomping, late night drinking and yelling, fun time for all. Shows ususally start around 10pm as the dinner crowd has made their way to the bar
- Special Events: JACK'S IS CELEBRATING OUR 20 YEAR ANNIVERSARY - CALL ABOUT JOINING US ON APRIL 10, 2010 FOR A GREAT PARTY. PROCEEDS FROM THE NIGHT WILL GO TOWARD HUNGER RELIEF.
A word from Jack's Firehouse
Jack's Firehouse offers Jack McDavid's nationally renowned cuisine serving fish, meats, seafood & vegetarian dishes, a spirited bar with one of Philadelphia's finest Bourbon collection, 60 bottle Wine List, 15 different beers, private rooms or casual elegance in the 120 Year Old Fire House setting... A perfect choice for taking out an important client, favorite relative or special someone.Continued
Jack's Firehouse - Philadelphia's premier American Restaurant.
Jack's Firehouse - Philadelphia's premier American Restaurant.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jack's Firehouse reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)great for outdoor dining (19)good for groups (16)great for brunch (14)fit for foodies (13)great for lunch (10)special occasion (7)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (5)romantic (2)Show More
- We brought a guest from ourBikfunDined on 9/25/2013We brought a guest from our out-of-town corporate office here for dinner, and the place did not disappoint. Dinner was during the week, and the restaurant was relatively quiet but the food was excellent and the menu offered several options that were beyond the ordinary and gave us an opportunity to try different selections. The wine list had sufficient selections and we felt did not gouge the public in pricing. From appetizers to dessert, our dining experience was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Since my Open Table reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2013Since my Open Table reservation times were limited - I was glad they could accomadate us at the time I preferred. Used OpenTable but wasn't getting points anyway. Like this place a lot!Special Features:
- We traveled to Philly thisSarahDined on 9/14/2013We traveled to Philly this past weekend to see the Eastern State Penitentiary. We heard Jack's was good and close to the prison, but we didn't realize how close, less than a block, which was really convenient! They had beautiful outdoor seating and cozy indoor seating, which is where we sat. The waiter was super friendly and attentive and offered some spot on suggestions for us out of towners. We had pulled pork on spiced corn chips (where have they been all my life?) and Philly cheesesteaks. The hand cut fries were the best we've had! Great brunch/lunch spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Very Good, Service Not So GoodEdLesDined on 9/8/2013Long waits between ordering drinks and food and their being brought to the table. One wait staff member could not convey a message to another wait staff member. Items ordered not brought to table but appeared on check. Received check, then waited nearly twenty minutes for the waitress to even walk by before we could get her attention and have her edit the bill to remove ordered but non-delivered items. Then, it took another ten minutes to get the correct bill and another ten minutes before our credit card was processed and the signable copy of the bill was delivered. The entire pleasure of the atmosphere and food was diminished extensively be the poor quality of the service.Special Features:
- Jack's Firehouse lunchHenryDined on 8/29/2013Our party of five arrived at noon - this was the last lunch for our three guests before they departed for their home in Germany. They were impressed when the waiter brought "greetings from the chef," a basket of biscuits and muffins, with butter and a side of cherries. We ordered a variety from their menu, and our meals were delicious. Service was prompt and very courteous. Our guests from Germany were very pleased to be eating in a restaurant that was not air conditioned (the weather was quite comfortable indoors and out). The view from our table was through the open firehouse garage door, the walls if the old penitentiary across the street. After our meal the waiter brought complimentary pastries. Very pleasant lunch, highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haven't been there in a while,OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/27/2013Haven't been there in a while, and I was extremely dissappointed witht he quality of the food. It was just okay,nothing special. I'm sure it's fine if you live in the neighborhood and want an outdoor place to dine, but it wasn't good for my client lunch.
- Looking for ribs!CigarmanDined on 8/17/2013We came to Jack's to celebrate our anniversary with friends. I requested outdoor seating because it was a beautiful night. The guys ordered ribs because this is Jack's specialty. The ribs were dry, and hard to bite due to being overcooked! Also not much pork on the bones! The salmon and crab cakes, however were very good. We were seated on the side next to the garbage area. We couldn't see it but we could certainly smell it! We asked to move one table over. It was a little better. Our waiter was very accommodating. Very disappointed with the dry ribs!!Special Features:
- Food and service were rightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2013Food and service were right on and the atmosphere is nice and cozySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple yet great!pickyeaterDined on 8/8/2013Firehouses are known for good food and good times along with the difficult job that those stationed there do. Jack's has once again not disappointed and provided a great meal at fair prices. Service was attentive and the outdoor area was great for a small business lunch meeting. I find the place great for these types of affairs, not far from my office, convenient parking and always a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/5/2013There were two aspects of the meal that really stood out- the service and of course, the food. The waitress was very attentive and never left us alone for too long. With their dinners, they serve complimentary corn muffins and biscuits, complementary sides (mashed potatoes and collard greens) and complementary chocolate chip cookies for dessert. The entrees themselves were fabulous- we had the potato crusted salmon stuffed with crabmeat- crispy on the outside, buttery on the inside, and the strip steak with Gorgonzola butter. Delicious! The manager even came over to check on us during the meal. Overall very positive experience. Also, I appreciate their support of the Philadelphia Fire Department.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MixedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2013The atmosphere and service was very good. The food was mixed. Members of my party raved about the fantastic crab cakes. I ordered the NY strip steak and while it was cooked as ordered, it was tough and tasteless.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2013The food was delicious and the service was good. Dining outside provided a nice view of the Eastern State Penitentiary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Friendly ServiceDONALDDined on 7/22/2013In addition to the unique ambiance that Jack's offers, the menu is great for every palate and the wait & bar staff and service is friendly and exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restraunt all around. FoodBreannaVIPDined on 7/10/2013Amazing restraunt all around. Food - A+ had the chicken and mac and cheese. My date had the potatoe crusted salmon. WONDERFUL! Great bread and cookies! Service- A+ Welcoming and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!DealDined on 7/7/2013Loved everything. Highly recommend. The brunch was amazing and a great price for the qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceFoodieDined on 7/4/2013Went for Husband's birthday. Great location being across the street from Eastern State Penitentiary. Smelled the food and couldn't wait for our reservation. Experience was great. The food was amazing, we couldn't stop eating. The food was a little pricey, but definitely worth it! Would go there again without hesitation.Special Features:
- Food was very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2013Overall the food was very good. However a few plates did not quite hit the mark. Great ambiance (old fire hall), our service was great & the establishment has excellent staying power as a restaurant that (i understand) started 20 to 30 years ago. We dined outside with a view of Eastern State Penitentiary. The exerience was a little pricey for what we got.Special Features:
- 2yrs Starting off RightDrwLntiniDined on 6/29/2013I've been with my current girlfriend for 2 years, its the longest relationship I've been in and I needed this night to be great. I've heard of Jack's firehouse through friends and it turned into an amazing night. The food was perfect! They had an amazing Banana and Peach Soup which my girlfriend died for, I enjoyed the fresh Tomatoes and Mozzarella. The waiter stopped by everything 5 minute just to ask how we were and to refill our water and drinks. The main course and Hot and cooked to our liking. The ribs had amazing flavor and the chicken was so juicy. I planned on coming back to Jack's at least once a month.Special Features:
- Best BBQOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/23/2013Best BBQ we've ever had and we've been everywhere they make BBQ across the United States!! The pulled pork is out of this world. Can't wait to go back and try more of this phenominal menu. Thanks for a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a mixed experienceFoodFlowerVIPDined on 6/21/2013Salmon entree had a fried crust and mignon was a poor cut of meat. Squash was delicious, as was the recommended pear salad. Lemon cheesecake dessert was okay, but grew on me to be delicious by the end. Service was rushed and omitted an offer of dessert.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great AtmosphereHardcorefoodieDined on 6/15/2013I had the delectable opportunity to take advantage of Jack's Firehouse Brunch menu. It was both eclectic and homey, with just enough choices to make it tough to decide. I had the apple salad with roasted salmon and my lunch guest had the same salad with chicken. My only criticism was the dressing - I could not taste the vinaigrette, but the greens were fresh, the salmon lush, and the service great. The atmosphere was lovely and I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jack's is always a good choice.CissyDined on 6/14/2013Jack's is always a good choice. We often take visitors here because we have never had a bad experience.Special Features:
- Great time at Jack's Firehouse!!PammbDined on 5/11/2013Our family had a great brunch on Saturday (5/11/13). We had a large party (22) and everyone was so pleased with the food, the atmosphere and the service. A special thank you to Stuart and the entire staff that helped manage our growing numbers! The brunch menu offers excellent, high quality, and affordable choices if you are looking for something that is not a chain restaurant. We managed to find great food for our party - toddlers to senior citizens!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall experience was great!Luv2DineDined on 4/30/2013Overall experience was great! I really I enjoyed myself, I will defiantly be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly enjoyed our eveningbbebVIPDined on 4/26/2013Thoroughly enjoyed our evening as the staff is very accommodating. Both our salad and main course were split for us in the kitchen which we really appreciated. The pecan crusted catfish was very good. Nice touch of chocolate chip cookies at the end of the meal.Special Features:
- Felt very welcome and thatTobyDined on 4/23/2013Felt very welcome and that there were glad we were there and to be of service to us. Food and presentation was excellent.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful time! TheYummy21VIPDined on 4/20/2013Had a wonderful time! The manager is great and friendly. The waiter was terrific! Food very good and they did not rush us which was wonderful!!!!Special Features:
- Outstanding service, wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/7/2013Outstanding service, wonderful atmoshire,good food and friendly people. Tucked away in Philadephia neighborhood, in an old firehouse, Jack's is worth a visit. I will be back.....Special Features:
- Jack's is a true neighborhood gemJayePDined on 4/6/2013We walked to Jack's after visiting the Barnes Foundation and enjoyed the walk through the neighborhood. Jack's location is convenient to any of Philadelphia's art venues. The service was very pleasant, and the atmosphere lively. The food was very good, and the assortment of breads that were served with our meal was a delicious and pleasant surprise - as were the cookies at the end of the meal. Jack's was a great find!Special Features:
- Two of our four entrees wereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/2013Two of our four entrees were terrible - The catfish sandwich and BLT caesar salad. Bad food obscures anything else good about a restaurant. Very disappointed!
- It has been a while sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013It has been a while since we visited this restaurant and we remember our last visit as being a much better experience. The food and the ambiance has dropped off a bit
- Great first time to this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Great first time to this place. The food was excellent and service was good. The one thing I noticed is that it took a bit to get our drinks the first time. Soda and water should be out quickly while people look over the menu. Overall it was a great time for our first time at this restaurant.Special Features:
- All five at our table hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013All five at our table had the Easter special menu. The choices were numerous and three of the five liked their entrees. The lamb roast was extremely tough, but this was a holiday and often holiday menus are not as good as regular fare. The desserts were outstanding, the service excellent....pleasant and efficient. I would return...but I would not order the pancakes or lamb. The almond caramel torte was the hit of the meal...outstanding!!Special Features:
- As always the food, serviceJoanneeDined on 3/24/2013As always the food, service and atmosphere were great..........Special Features:
- Firehouse Needs More FireOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/23/2013The restaurant has a nice feel to it if you like a barroom atmosphere and a woody interior. The reason for my poor review is two-fold. Our party had a number of questions about the local beers and menu items. Our waiter was completely uniformed stating that everything was "excellent" but gave very little information that would help us select food or drink. At one point he admitted to never having tasted a menu item after telling us how good it was. The second problem is that the food is just not that good. There were six of us and everyone was in agreement that our dinner was sub-par. The filet mignon was below average, the ribs were tough, I could go on. Simply put this restaurant must do a much better job or just stick to bar food
- Lots of steaks were orderedJojoDined on 3/19/2013Lots of steaks were ordered and one came out not done to specification, they were very accommodating in making change offering an appiizer while she waited. Overall very good experienceSpecial Features:
- enjoyed our dinner with ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/9/2013enjoyed our dinner with our extended family. the bbq food is particularly good as were the crab cakes.Special Features:
- Great classic place in goodbenaminDined on 3/9/2013Great classic place in good location for locals and tourists. Been there a long time, still consistently interesting and reliable.Special Features:
- Good location/setting, boring foodJennVIPDined on 3/2/2013Good location, near the art museum and the Barnes, and fun setting inside an old firehouse and across the street from the Eastern State Penitentiary. But the menu was uninspired and the food was only ok.Special Features:
- Thought it would be crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2013Thought it would be crowded at lunch hour so we made a reservation. There were only about 8 people in the whole place!Special Features: