2130 Fairmount Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19130Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jacksfirehouse.com/
- Phone: 2152329000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Jack McDavid
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Jack's Firehouse offers catering services personalized to your needs. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Jack's Firehouse has 2 private rooms. The Chief's Quarters accommodates 8 to 25 guests & the Grand Hall accommodates 20 to 80 guests. The entire Firehouse is available for 100 to 250 guests. We host great parties here - so whether its a private dinner for 40 members of your company or a brunch shower for 60 ladies celebrating the soon to be bride or 200 guests for a fun and different cocktail and dance party - CALL JACK'S FIREHOUSE for details.
- Private Party Contact: Mick Houston 2152329000x
- Entertainment: Call in advance to find out when Jim Smith and the Trailer Park Trio are playing their own version of fantastic 40's and 50's rock-a-billy here at the Firehouse. They always provide a shoe stomping, late night drinking and yelling, fun time for all. Shows ususally start around 10pm as the dinner crowd has made their way to the bar
- Special Events: JACK'S IS CELEBRATING OUR 20 YEAR ANNIVERSARY - CALL ABOUT JOINING US ON APRIL 10, 2010 FOR A GREAT PARTY. PROCEEDS FROM THE NIGHT WILL GO TOWARD HUNGER RELIEF.
A word from Jack's Firehouse
Jack's Firehouse offers Jack McDavid's nationally renowned cuisine serving fish, meats, seafood & vegetarian dishes, a spirited bar with one of Philadelphia's finest Bourbon collection, 60 bottle Wine List, 15 different beers, private rooms or casual elegance in the 120 Year Old Fire House setting... A perfect choice for taking out an important client, favorite relative or special someone.Continued
Jack's Firehouse - Philadelphia's premier American Restaurant.
Jack's Firehouse - Philadelphia's premier American Restaurant.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jack's Firehouse reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)great for outdoor dining (19)good for groups (16)great for brunch (14)fit for foodies (13)great for lunch (10)special occasion (7)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (5)romantic (2)Show More
- Our goal was to celebratekkatDined on 3/30/2014Our goal was to celebrate our Inaugural LOVE Run with a Jack's burger and a great beer. This is definitely the place to come to have great, hearty and delicious food. One of my favorites away from the hubbub of center city dining but being in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clam chowder and other soupsSashimiGigglesVIPDined on 3/25/2014Clam chowder and other soups are always a hit. Ribs & other BBQ so delicious year round! Excellent service. I always feel welcome.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2014We brought our children and grandchildren for brunch on Sunday and everyone enjoyed the experience. Food and service were good and we were happy with the brunch menu. The kitchen even prepared something for one of the kids that was not on the menu. Our server was very interested in helping the kids have whatever made them happy, which was so nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch date with MomBarnesyDined on 3/23/2014Mom and I had a great Sunday brunch date. The food was great and our waiter was very polite and efficient. I would definitely recommend it. And the peach tea cocktail was delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for lunchCharDined on 3/22/2014After a visit to the Barnes, this is a great place to relax and discuss art.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great!!!Comfort4Dined on 3/16/2014Great food, great service, great atmosphere!!! You can't ask for anything more...except that the bar menu be available in the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Weekend BrunchDonnaVDined on 3/15/2014Took our Temple kids to Jack's for a nice brunch. Love the interior decor, lots of conversation starters. Brunch food was great, with vegan options for our picky eater. Service was good, we were not rushed through our meal. Great time.Special Features:
- Disappointing ribsLeonardDined on 3/8/2014The room is wood paneled with high ceilings, tablecloths help dim the clatter, service was attentive, portions were substantial, prices fare, and most of the food good, cauliflower soup was excellent...but the "signature" ribs were awful, dried out and tough, couldn't cut them with the steak knife provided much less chew the meat
- Always the best!JoanneeDined on 3/1/2014Jack's Firehouse always delivers. Brunch or lunch the selection is wonderful and the service the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint firehouse findCrazyCanuckDined on 2/28/2014If you're looking for some good BBQ, this is the place to go. They have a fantastic BBQ platter with ribs, pulled pork and brisket. In addition, their salads are fantastic and big enough for a full meal. But the best part is the complimentary biscuits with sour cherry spread, and chocolate chip cookies for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go for the BBQ PlatterEstroVIPDined on 2/25/2014BBQ Platter was amazing. special soup too. but it's over priced and service was slow. good food though...Special Features:
- Delicious Chocolate CAKEHappyFamilyDined on 2/16/2014My family and I ate at Jacks and enjoyed our meal. Waiter was no frills and very Philly like--direct. Food was good. I had the catfish which was yummy and healthy. My son really liked the huge piece of chocolate cake which we all shared. Good coffee. Beer is served in bottle so ask for a glass. Great decor. Would love to return and sit at bar with friends.Special Features:
- Gift Certificate AppliedAmytVIPDined on 2/16/2014We received a gift certificate for this restaurant and used it on the day it was to expire. The restaurant was fine with that. However when we tried to order a side of eggs at Brunch on Sunday, they were reluctant to fulfill our request. We had to use our phones to show them their on line menu had eggs as a side item, in addition to their egg entrees. We also asked if they offered a senior citizen discount. They didn't know and never got back to us. Our one son had pancakes and even though the portion was generous, he only ate one since he didn't feel they were worth eating. It seemed as though this restaurant is for neighborhood locals, who want the convenience of decent food.Special Features:
- I went to this restaurantOutstandingVIPDined on 2/15/2014I went to this restaurant about 5 years ago and it was great. I don't know what happened but it just was not the same. Still had a decent filet and apps but it wasn't like I remembered.
- Fun at the FirehouseERHamDined on 2/15/2014We went to Jack's Firehouse to celebrate our son's 20th birthday. Food and service were great. We sat right near the front door of the firehouse and had a rousing discussion about how the wooden doors actually worked. We had a great time and would love to come back in the nice weather to sit outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chose this place because meReunitingDined on 2/15/2014Chose this place because me and my x always wanted to come here . We met there tryn to reconnect . We had a great time and now scheduled another date so......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Me and my girlfriend really enjoyed ourselves at Jacks. The scallops, fillet and deserts were all delicious. In my opinion you would be better off being seated towards the back of the resturaunt. The front was pretty close to the bar which was really loud. The service was fantastic. I would definitely recommend this resturaunt to anyone looking for a nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to PlaceHDPhillyDined on 2/14/2014I have never been disappointed with the food at Jack's. Hubby and I dined there on Valentine's evening and chose the V-day menu. It had a nice selection for nearly any palate. I always feel comfortable at Jack's, casual dress for a casual, friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ambiance was nice andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014The ambiance was nice and the food was excellent. Portions were more than ample and the service was great! very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We stopped in on a SundayfrequentdinerVIPDined on 2/9/2014We stopped in on a Sunday late afternoon. The food is delicious and service was great. The staff is very friendly and offer recommendations if asked. The bartender Dean was great, very welcoming and fun! He didn't have a problem whipping up a specialty cocktail when asked! Can't wait to visit jacks againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice!TempleMomDined on 2/8/2014Interesting architecture. Menu was not extensive but there was something for everyone and all was delicious. Only issue we had was when we arrived there was a very loud band playing. (Not sure if this was due to the private party going on upstairs or if they typically have band). Once they ended, it was perfect. Would go again and try the outdoor dining that they have weather permitting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Ribs!StephanieLee4022Dined on 2/6/2014I have been there several times and I have never had a bad meal of service there.Special Features:
- A BAD NIGHTCHIEFDined on 1/27/2014Have dined at Jacks numerous times and found the food and service absolutely outstanding in every respect. However, at this last occasion, the food was as good as always but the service was totally unacceptable. Although the place was nearly empty, it took forever for the appetizers to be served; and shortly after they were served, the main courses were delivered and the unfinished appetizers were just pushed aside by the waiter to make room for the main courses. As indicated, this must have been an anomaly because on all previous occasions, the service was outstanding, otherwise, we wouldn't have returned so often. Despite this recent problem, we would not hesitate to return and give the place our usual 5 star rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good OptionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2014Friendly service, a good (if not particularly outstanding) menu, and a surprisingly cozy atmosphere (though we went on a night that was clearly less busy than usual).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerCharlieDDined on 1/18/2014Our family had dinner at Jack's Firehouse for my adult son's birthday. Everyone raved about their meals and the service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Disappointing from Start to Finish.TerryVIPDined on 1/18/2014Calamari appetizer was soggy and tough and there was very little of it. The braised beef appetizer was also tough and hard to cut. The venison special was supposed to be venison medallions but was more like cow chips. Very thinly sliced and tough and hard to find in the sauce. The ribs were dry and tough and hard to get off the bone. In fact, my son had to work so hard to separate the meat from the bone that the ribs flew off the plate onto the table twice. He could not finish the meal. We were served collard greens and potatoes for the table to share which were cold. Our server was very good and the atmosphere was friendly but the food was awful!
- travelerluv2eatVIPDined on 1/17/2014Appetizers were very good. Had the calamari and ribs. Really liked the combination of the calamari, carrots and peppers. Nice light batter. Ribs were very good. Main course was the potato crusted crab stuffed salmon that was not so good...for my tastes. The crust was over done, and you could not taste the salmon due to the potatoes and crab. Would not order that again. The beer was great. Definitely a fun spot to go and hang out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice visitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2014We have been to Jack's Firehouse many times since it opened. We have had many really good meals and service, and a few not so good experiences with either. Our most recent visit was one of the good ones, amd although our waiter did not seem on top of things-we waited a long time for the appetizer which finally arrived lukewarm-other waitstaff picked up the slack and the entrees were delivered in good time. The food was delicious, although without the complimentary mashed potatoes and green beans, the crab cakes would not have been enough for my husband. We really like the atmosphere, too, and we will be going back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- <3 jacksKdineDined on 1/2/2014Jacks firehouse has a great feel to it. The food and service is wonderful! It's also in a great location of Philadelphia!!Special Features:
- Great food and service!PattiVIPDined on 12/21/2013Our family of six had dinner here after a day of holiday sites in center city. The service was great. The food was great...extremely large portions. Would return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great mealBarryVIPDined on 12/21/2013Jacks Firehouse never disappoints! Being inside an old firehouse is such a cool setting, plus the food and service are excellent! Dining outside when it is warmer is a bonus....perhaps brunch come spring...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu has a nice variety;MarieDined on 12/21/2013The menu has a nice variety; however some of the portions are smaller than I imagined. Food is good but the menu doesn't vary much. I've dined here for brunch and was impressed the first time but during my second visit the staff weren't as friendly, attentive and I felt at some point they were rushing me and my friends to leave.Special Features:
- It was great...the bartenderschilicheezeDined on 12/14/2013It was great...the bartenders were awesome and the food was very good.Special Features:
- Very rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/13/2013We ordered appetizers which came out very prompt. No sooner did the server put the appetizers on the table and went back t6o the kitchen did he come out immediately with our soups and salads. Not very happy.
- Jack's for LunchDTomDined on 12/6/2013After a morning touring Eastern State Pen (a must see site in Philadelphia), Jack's was our next stop for the day. The old firehouse has a cool vibe about it, service was prompt and professional. The food was great. I had the seafood of the day (Halibut) and my son had the Chicken. Both were excellent. I plan to visit again when the weather is warmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY DISAPPOINTINGBostonVisitorVIPDined on 11/30/2013I aranged a brunch for my wife's birthday at Jacks. I had eaten there several years ago and enjoyed the food. Menu was a good selection of breakfast and lunch. The brisket was inedible, tough, fatty and chewy. The food was not delivered hot to the table.
- Lunch was perfectLifeIsAisha2Dined on 11/22/2013I've been looking for good lunch meeting spots and I've found one. There is free on street parking and that's a huge benefit. The staff was friendly and attentive from the moment I entered. My food looked good, smelled great, and tasted amazing. I was on the phone working and raving about the food throughout my meal. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC!!!JulieDined on 11/16/2013This is my new favorite restaurant! I hope to celebrate my next birthday day!!!! THANK YOU for great food, great service, great everything!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best lunchCindaSaidDined on 11/12/2013Jack's Firehouse, a trusted gem of Philadelphia, is a wonderful lunch place as not too many 4 star restaurants are open for lunch on Tuesday in the Fairmont and Art Museum section!! We enjoyed our lunch immensely and I recommend it for business lunches.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunch spotSueZDined on 11/7/2013Jacks is a great spot for lunch ! It's only a few blacks from the phildelphia art museum. The food was great, the service was excellent and the ambience in an old fire station was really unique. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.