2130 Fairmount Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19130Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jacksfirehouse.com/
- Phone: 2152329000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Jack McDavid
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Jack's Firehouse offers catering services personalized to your needs. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Jack's Firehouse has 2 private rooms. The Chief's Quarters accommodates 8 to 25 guests & the Grand Hall accommodates 20 to 80 guests. The entire Firehouse is available for 100 to 250 guests. We host great parties here - so whether its a private dinner for 40 members of your company or a brunch shower for 60 ladies celebrating the soon to be bride or 200 guests for a fun and different cocktail and dance party - CALL JACK'S FIREHOUSE for details.
- Private Party Contact: Mick Houston 2152329000x
- Entertainment: Call in advance to find out when Jim Smith and the Trailer Park Trio are playing their own version of fantastic 40's and 50's rock-a-billy here at the Firehouse. They always provide a shoe stomping, late night drinking and yelling, fun time for all. Shows ususally start around 10pm as the dinner crowd has made their way to the bar
- Special Events: JACK'S IS CELEBRATING OUR 20 YEAR ANNIVERSARY - CALL ABOUT JOINING US ON APRIL 10, 2010 FOR A GREAT PARTY. PROCEEDS FROM THE NIGHT WILL GO TOWARD HUNGER RELIEF.
A word from Jack's Firehouse
Jack's Firehouse offers Jack McDavid's nationally renowned cuisine serving fish, meats, seafood & vegetarian dishes, a spirited bar with one of Philadelphia's finest Bourbon collection, 60 bottle Wine List, 15 different beers, private rooms or casual elegance in the 120 Year Old Fire House setting... A perfect choice for taking out an important client, favorite relative or special someone.Continued
Jack's Firehouse - Philadelphia's premier American Restaurant.
Jack's Firehouse - Philadelphia's premier American Restaurant.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jack's Firehouse reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)great for outdoor dining (25)good for groups (18)great for brunch (17)great for lunch (15)fit for foodies (13)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (8)scenic view (7)special occasion (7)late-night find (6)romantic (3)Show More
- The service and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/23/2008The service and atmosphere was very good. The food, however, was a huge disappointment. The appetizers were good, but the meals were horrible. If you have high blood pressure I suggest not eating here. The meats were incredibly over salted, to the point of being inedible. I ordered the crab cakes were an entree and what I was served resembled and tasted like a crab casserole. I sent it back and just got the grilled shrimp appetizer which was good, but a little undercooked. My daughter had the ribs and they were so over-salted and over-cooked that she couldn't even eat them. Would never go back.Special Features:
- Great middday dining experience.EatOut24Seven365VIPDined on 4/20/2008Great middday dining experience. I had originally reserved for 7 people, of which they accomodated without problem. They also provided "above and beyond" service when I phoned that we would arrive over an hour earlier. For such a busy venue, this did not present a problem and we were seated soon after arriving. Thanks!Special Features:
- We had a great time - we satOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/18/2008We had a great time - we sat outside and enjoyed the neighborhood. Food was great and the service was better. We will return.Special Features:
- Food was very different butOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2008Food was very different but excellent. The chef's special is brilliant for anyone looking to try new things and also get plenty of food for what you're paying.Special Features:
- The Chef's Special (4 coursesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2008The Chef's Special (4 courses for $40) was great. Waitress was very attentive and always helpful. Anything BBQ is off the hook. Grillin and Chillin
- Perfect start to a great evening...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/5/2008Perfect start to a great evening...food was great(awesome beef wellington!)Local beers hit the spot and the staff was very attentive. First visit was 10 years ago and it was nice to see that the restaurant has aged very well. Thanks!Special Features:
- We were treated like no oneOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2008We were treated like no one else was there, they really catered to us.Special Features:
- Brunch was disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/30/2008Brunch was disappointing. The soup was cold and the Firehouse TOast was soggy.Special Features:
- food was plentiful but notOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2008food was plentiful but not well cooked. Sausages were overcooked and barely edible. blueberry pancakes were way too thick and lacked blueberries. OJ was not fresh squeezed.
- Jack's Firehouse seems toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2008Jack's Firehouse seems to be divided into two sections that our waitress described as "tableclothed in the back or sunlight in the front." We chose the front of the restaurant because it seemed to be a little less crowded and therefore more quiet. We really enjoyed our meals starting with the grilled shrimp appetizer. My husband raved about his Firehouse Burger and my Breakfast Quesidilla was too big to finish in one sitting. Highly recommended and we can't wait to visit again!Special Features:
- It was our first time there.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/23/2008It was our first time there. We went for Easter Brunch with a sizable group. The food was very good! We had a nice time and will return on another day!Special Features:
- JACK'S WAS WONDERFUL. OUROpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2008JACK'S WAS WONDERFUL. OUR SERVER LEAH DID AN EXCELLENT JOB. SHE DESCRIBED THE MENU AND WAS KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT IT AS WELL. SHE WAS ATTENTIVE ALONG WITH THE OTHER WAIT STAFF. BRUNCH SELECTIONS WAS BEYOND GOOD. THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS AND THE PRESENTATION JUST AS NICE. THE COST WAS VERY GOOD ESPECIALLY FOR 3 COURSES. WE HAVE ALREADY TOLD PEOPLE ABOUT HOW GREAT IT WAS FOR BRUNCH. IT IS DEFINITELY A PlACE WE WILL RETURN TO FOR BRUNCH AGAIN AND DINNER AS WELL. DOT CASTAGNO 610-357-6684Special Features:
- Everything was excellent exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2008Everything was excellent except the rib appetizer. I'll usually eat anything but they were terrible--all three of us tried them and didn't finish...Special Features:
- My biggest disappointmentSamuelSVIPDined on 3/21/2008My biggest disappointment was the fact that my meal preference was never acknowledged or tendered to. As such, I ordered from the menu as best I could. Although the overall experience was great, I most likely would not go again because of this lack of attention to detail.Special Features:
- Jacks is fantastic. SittingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/8/2008Jacks is fantastic. Sitting right on Fairmount Avenue, the location is convenient and when the weather is right, sitting outside allows great interaction with the Fairmount/Art Museum neighborhood. Delicious firehouse food (GET THE RIBS AND PULLED PORK!) with family-style vegetable sides are great for sharing. Had a private party at Jack's and was expertly tended to from prep to game-day. Everything about Jack's is great and will keep me coming back for years.Special Features:
- I have been here on Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2008I have been here on Valentine's Day for the past few years and the food was great. The portions are plentiful and it was a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- I should have written thisdeaf2dinnVIPDined on 1/26/2008I should have written this review back in January when I was there with a group of cousins some of whom were visiting from Hartford. When asked what I recommended, I replied everything on the menu. Everyone was delighted with their choices, the service, and the overall cost--most notably the out-of-town cousins.Special Features:
- We had the Chef's 4-courseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/30/2007We had the Chef's 4-course tasting menu for my husband's 30th birthday. Each of us received a different set of 4 courses, and all were a wonderful surprise. We came for the bourbon selection and the bourbon flight did not disappoint.Special Features:
- We came for Easter DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/8/2007We came for Easter Dinner and the food was phenomenal, the seating gorgeous in the main dining area, the service great. Everything was wonderful for our holiday meal.
- Jacks is a great place, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/30/2007Jacks is a great place, good food and a great supporter of us scare crew at Eastern State ... please support them, its a great place and nice people.
- Visited for Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2006Visited for Valentine's Day and had a wonderful meal. The food was terrific and the atmosphere was very energetic, yet romantic.