South City Kitchen Vinings
1675 Cumberland Parkway in One Ivy Walk
Smyrna, GA 30080Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
South City Kitchen Vinings
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fifthgroup.com/
- Phone: 7704350700x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday, 10am-3pm (brunch); 5-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Chip Ulbrich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: South City Kitchen Vinings is owned by Fifth Group Restaurants which also owns Bold American Events. For more information on catering, please visit http://boldamerican.com.
A word from South City Kitchen Vinings
With elements of South City Kitchen Midtown and some features unique to this location, South City Kitchen Vinings brings a combination of energy and comfortable metropolitan sophistication to a new neighborhood. Traditional, fresh ingredients prepared in an open exhibition kitchen are used to create our version of contemporary Southern cuisine. The restaurant features an oversized bar with communal tables and cozy booths as well as a dining room lined with French doors that open to a spacious outdoor patio. This is the perfect spot for families and friends to enjoy dinner, Sunday brunch or a quick bite at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
South City Kitchen Vinings - Best Restaurants in Vinings ›
South City Kitchen Vinings reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (129)fit for foodies (112)special occasion (101)good for groups (83)romantic (52)great for brunch (48)notable wine list (46)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (27)great for lunch (26)great for outdoor dining (25)kid-friendly (18)late-night find (11)scenic view (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014We went with a group of five and the food was as great as always, but the service could have been a bit more polished. Only one guest had wine, but the rest of the table's wine glasses were never cleared away which made it difficult when other drinks showed up. The server definitely seemed overwhelmed and had a difficult time maintaining our table. Like I said, the food was great, but it did not all arrive together and one guest was left without an entrée without an explanation.Special Features:
- GailVIPDined on 6/21/2014The chicken livers first course are reason enough to go back!! This is one of the best restaurants in Vinings, and there are several great restaurants in the area. The service was first rate from the hostess to the server to the GM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic southern cuisineYarabDined on 6/20/2014Delicious, creative Southern-style food with attentive, friendly service makes for a wonderful evening out!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2014Ambiance and food were great. Server was attentive and extremely pleasant. Recommend to all.Special Features:
- Anniversary nightSnuzuluz55Dined on 6/16/2014Nice night, nice place, very good food and excellent service for my wife and I are on our anniversary accompanied by our 20 year old daughter.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014It was far too noisy. I had to shout to be heard by others at my table. The food is great and so is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Father's Day Spot!ZumbaNickyDined on 6/15/2014We celebrated Father's Day 2014 at South City Kitchen - Vinings. We had a group of 8 people and we were seated in the semi-private room, which was perfect for us! I was a little disappointed with my food though... I ordered the She Crab Soup and Fried Green Tomatoes (FGT) after reading excellent reviews on both. The soup was little too salty for me, and the FGT's were a little greasy. The good news is the Dads we were celebrating, loved their food. One got the pulled pork and the other, the fried chicken. I was happy because they were happy. And the service and atmosphere were perfect!Special Features:
- Excellent In Every Way!SeahawkjoeDined on 6/15/2014Never a bad moment at South City! Could not ask for any better food or service. Great place to celebrate or just to have a fine drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my new favoritesDeniseCDined on 6/15/2014I really enjoy the food, atmosphere and the service is great. Wonderful place for a casual brunch or something special.Special Features:
- Wonderful nightfoodbumDined on 6/13/2014From the moment we walked in the door and spoke with the hostess to our very last bite, excellent service, impeccable attention to detail and delicious food and drink were given to our party. The cocktails were yummy, the fried green tomatoes and mussels were fabulous, the wine our waiter , John, chose for us was perfect and the fried chicken and smoked pork chops were out of this world! We have raved about our dining experience with our friends and family. We will recommend this restaurant again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwayssoutherntreatsDined on 6/9/2014We always know that the food will be great and the service will be excellent. One of our favorite places in Vinings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningSashaDined on 6/7/2014No complaints at all, everything was perfect. Service was excellent, the food was delicious, management was attentive.Special Features:
- Great place for a causul dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014The service was great. Food was really good. I had the flat iron stake. It was very flavorful, but not as tender as I expected. My wife had the fried chicken and greens. We both loved it. The greens were not as good as mom used to make, but they are an excellent upscale version. The fried green tomatoes are a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionWayneDined on 5/31/2014I've been to the midtown location on various occasions and love the decor,always had great food and service. This was my wife's birthday and I wanted to find a place with nice atmosphere, great food, and quality service. She loved the place and can't wait to go back. Thanks for a memorable occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely coming back!datenightdinerDined on 5/30/2014South City Kitchen had been on our list of restaurants we wanted to try and we were not disappointed! The staff were excellent...courteous, friendly and professional. The food was outstanding, southern comfort food with fresh and mostly locally grown ingredients. We'll definitely be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!Art4MarionDined on 5/30/2014We stop here twice a year, as we travel to Savannah with our daughter to take her to college in September and bring her home in May. We really look forward to the wonderful service and excellent food. Once again we were not disappointed!Special Features:
- Glad we went, but....OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/28/2014The food was excellent but the service lacked. We were invisible for about 10 minutes. If it had not been my birthday, we would have left.Special Features:
- Southern ExperienceHacSscDined on 5/27/2014Our vist with guest from DC was very good. They wanted a Southern experience while here and were very happy with our choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1509 reviews are from the South City Kitchen Vinings reviews archive.
- Consistently great food & service!LuvswatercantswimDined on 5/25/2014Consistently great food & service each time I have visited!Special Features:
- Always Great.ChrisDined on 5/24/2014We go there often. Our favorite local place since the move to the Atlanta area.Special Features:
- outstanding once again !!!jamgrassDined on 5/23/2014I have never had a bad expierence at a fifth group restaurant. south city is one of my favorites. first time to Vinings location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great southern food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/20/2014This was my second visit to South City Kitchen and we had a great time. The food (fried green tomatoes and bone in pork chop) were amazing. I highly recommend this place and will definitely be going back the next time I am in Atlanta.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchLovingLifeDined on 5/18/2014This was a great place for our after Mother's Day brunch. We enjoyed it!Special Features:
- Dine-in if you're a true foodiebbqfoodieDined on 5/18/2014I had an amazing time--ultimately dined here twice on the same day--once for brunch, then returned for dinner! Had two amazing waiters--Jason and Eric.Special Features:
- Great food and service but noisy!NotAFoodieDined on 5/17/2014The food was WONDERFUL and the service was great! Unfortunately, the six people in my party had to pretty much shout at each other the whole time in order to be heard.Special Features:
- Great servicepb1807Dined on 5/17/2014The service here was great. Something was wrong my girlfriend's meal. The sever took it back and gave her something different and manager came by and gave us a free appetizer. We did not have to say anything or complain. I would tell anyone to go back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scallops are amazingShelleyfoodDined on 5/17/2014Scallops are to die for! Service is excellent. A little noisy and small table for two but food made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around good experienceinclusiv1Dined on 5/17/2014Everything was good to very good, not outstanding per se. I have eaten at the midtown location on multiple occasions and I find that the food is consistent. The fried gouda cheese appetizer was sinful and delish a must have if you enjoy CHEESE. The fried chicken is a must have and the the etouffee was also pretty good, lighter and a little more acidic than what I am used to, but good. Our waitress was attentive, but not overly attentive and the overall ambience was pretty airy and nice.Special Features:
- NiceRingoDined on 5/13/2014We had a very nice belated Mother's Day dinner. Fried green tomatoes were good, Gouda fritters were excellent as was the trout with farro. My son loved the fried catfish and was happy to have fresh fruit as a side option on the kids menu. Our server (John I believe) was very knowledgable about the menu and took great care of us. Overall a great first time dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mothers dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Great food. Awesome wine selection. But a little expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very unevenNB1140VIPDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day - of our five entrees, two were very good and three were not. None of them arrived at the table hot. Not sure if they handled the fixed price menu by doing a lot of precooking and then just plated to order - the service seemed too slow for that. In any case, pretty mediocre experience.
- Mother's Day BrunchBBaileyDined on 5/11/2014Outstanding food with excellent service; I absolutely love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day Brunch!BHSKVIPDined on 5/11/2014We had a wonderful experience for brunch on Mother's Day. We were given a great table in their back room which was much quieter than the main dining room. This worked perfect for my father who has difficulty hearing in loud restaurants. The service we received was fantastic and the food was delicious. We'll definitely be back!!Special Features:
- DisappointedMrRight84Dined on 5/11/2014The restaurant presented a structured three course menu specially designed for the holiday. The choices were poor and distasteful. The cost was too high and did not include a beverage. I will definitely think twice before considering visiting this establishment on special occasions like Mother's Day.
- Fun and Delicious!bazzieJDined on 5/10/2014We really enjoyed dining out at this restaurant. The staff was very friendly and professional and the food was excellent! Do not leave here without trying one of the desserts, especially the pineapple upside down cake!Special Features:
- Glad they came to Cobb CountyMariettaLivingDined on 5/10/2014I've always enjoyed the Crescent Ave location, so when I saw they opened a location in Vinings, I couldn't wait to try it out. The food here was great, and the portion sizes were more than adequate. My mom and I really enjoyed ourselves here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool placeKevinDined on 5/9/2014Went here with family. Great place to try something new without breaking the bank. It was delicious!Special Features:
- TigerTigerDined on 5/9/2014Overall, dining at South City Kitchen-Vinnings was a good experience. Reception was excellent as we were late but seated right away. Wait staff was courteous and professional. We were served in a timely manner and the food was excellent. Parking is an issue at the restaurant and there was no valet parking.Special Features:
- Delivers every time!LuvswatercantswimDined on 5/4/2014Consistently great food and service! So glad this came to the Vinings area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday brunchjuliasdiscipleDined on 5/4/2014Have the fried green tomatoes then the crab cake hash.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.